• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Turmoil in the Land of Sugar [OPEN - 0/7] [FEUDAL ADVENTURE] [OC's] [TEAMWORK] [MAGIC] [ACTION] [CUSTOM MAP]

bluekirby

Click me to access the Lore page!
Click me to access the Character Sheet page!

smoxes.gif

“They say even coals may become diamonds with hard work. But gold? Gold will always be gold. Live a pleasant life. A golden life.” - Emperor Futomo
Turmoil in the Land of Sugar
暗殺

Legend has it that long ago, the continent of Daitōryō knew peace, and prospered under a unified banner of mutual wealth and benefit. Yet, all available recorded history illustrates only eras of dispute, subterfuge, and warfare. In a world plagued by constant conflict, even legends and tall tales can be of relief for those in poverty. Imagination, to believe in better times, to believe that perhaps one day, things may return to how elders say they were. A time before the Emperors split the continent into a multitude of Feudal lands, a time before each country wasn’t forced into a perpetual military upkeep simply for the sake of deterrence. A time when one was all and all were one, when Daitōryō was really home. However… Tales are just that. Tales. In reality, wealth belongs to those born into it, and peace to those who can afford it.

༺═──────────────═༻

Welcome everybody to Turmoil in the Land of Sugar! Turmoil in the Land of Sugar is a live action, fast-paced, mid-term roleplay set in a japanese-esque fuedal era, located on an isolated continent by the name of Daitōryō. Your home, the Land of Sugar, is the smallest of all the Feudal Lands. Oppressed since its very conception, the Land of Sugar has always struggled to say afloat in such a cutthroat feudal system. Times are more than rough, and the current tension between the lands seems to be boiling up into yet another war. For the Land of Sugar, conflict has been an integral part of history, but this might just be the most important one yet.

This roleplay utilizes various elements from various fictional universes and historical data, namely feudal Japan, Bleach, and Naruto, to give a few examples.
The roleplay will be run with custom lore, combat dynamics, and individual characters which will be created by the players. Discord will be used for OOC chat!
༺═──────────────═༻
The Main Storyline

The rumors are true. Emperor Futomo of Daitoryo has passed away in his sleep. Known for his strict and pragmatic way of ruling, his honorable name was celebrated highly by many of the larger Feudal Lands. What should have subsequently been a breath of respite for the weaker nations of Daitoryo, though, is instead yet another grim omen in these troubling times. Prince Futomaru, rightful heir to the throne, is famously known as a carbon copy of his esteemed father, perhaps even a worse version of him. Time is fleeting for the Land of Sugar. Under the violent regime of such a ruthless leader, smaller lands will inevitably falter to the fateful greed of stronger neighbors. Not too long ago, the former Feudal Lord of Sugar, Harami Toro, came out of retirement to assume the position again after the previous Lord passed away. Once highly regarded by his people for his rebellious tendencies, many question if there is some sort of subliminal motive to Harami's return. As a loyal warrior of the Land of Sugar, however, you're not one to ask questions, are you? You've received a direct summons from the Feudal Lord himself for a top secret mission. Join a hand picked squad, set out to complete your mission. Work hard, and do not falter before your enemy. It's all or nothing.

༺═──────────────═༻

OOC Information:​
Hey everyone! This was a roleplay idea I tried a few years ago, but it never really worked out. Recently I've been inspired to try it again! There's a very elaborate and fun universe as well as plenty of lore that I've already written for this, which I will post along with the character sheet thread if this gets enough interest.
Click here to access the Lore page!
Click here to access the Character Sheets page!
ALSO, I'M CURRENTLY DESPERATELY IN NEED OF A BB CODE EXPERT!

Last edited:
I’d be down. But it would depend on posting requirements. ^^

So I decided to go ahead and post some of the lore and the character page! - tokotaku tokotaku Zariel Zariel
Characters
Lore

As for posting requirements, I am looking for seasoned roleplayers who can write at least 2-3 paragraphs for posts. Optimally I would enjoy if everybody posted at least once a day, but as a standard the posting requirement is at least once every few days.

Added some more example characters and some more random lore to the fun facts section if anybody is interested in giving that a look. :)

Would you guys by any chance still be interested in this roleplay? 😢
Sorry, but I'm afraid I prolly won't be able to keep up with the posting requirements. I'd hate for the roleplay to slow down because of me (the minimum I can promise in most cases is once a week), and so for that reason, I think it's best I sit out of this roleplay and search for another. My apologies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back