• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Tunnels

Williamferret

It's a grim scene before you. You see that walking panda, splattered with blood. now what was the name of the traitors race? Ah. Jazil. Behind him stands the demonic shadow, staring into your soul with his blooded eyes, and then he calls out "COME IN, GIRl!" you gasp. Its your sister, Andrea. Who you swore would never hurt a soul. She has a glazed look in her eyes, and is holding a dark sword rippling with magical energy. The Jazil nods the shadow yells "KILL HIM." you chuckle. You know that your sister wouldn't hurt a fly, much less her own sibling. But you are surprised as she shambles forward, with a mad look to her. As she comes closer and raises the sword, you cry out "Please! Andr-" but your cry is cut short as the shadowy blade pierces your skull.

The land of Okra is in peril. The demon Thaziar and the traitorous Jazil, Akatosh have gripped the land with mass mind control and slaughter. The only survivors of their own free will are ether officers of the duo, or have escaped underground into the forever moving tunnels and caverns of the living earth. But even the refugees are scarce, to die from the moving tunnels or the shadowy monsters that lurk below the surface

You, are a refugee. A lost soul thrown from your home into th twisting and winding caverns. You are spending your time in a small town amok with fear, and you have decided to leave this place with anyone who has the guts to venture out.

Playable races:

Hemoru. One of the three bear/brother races. They are the polar bears of the north, and they are strong and willfull, but dumb. They love battle, and are great leaders.

Jazil: One of the three bear/brother races. They are the pandas of the south, and are willfull and intelligent, but slow. They are great mages, psions, and alchimests, but horrible rouges and rangers.

Hiltar: One of the three bear/brother races. They are the brown bears of the west, and are dexterious and strong, but not willfull. They are great rouges and rangers, but horrible mages and psions.

Thri-Keen: People of the sandswept dunes and tundras, they resemble a bipedal praying mantis with four arms and a sandy color to them. They are dexterious, strong and wise, but not intelligent or charismatic.

Elves: People of the shining cities to the west, elves resemble tall humans with pointy ears. They are graceful: but frail, and are good rangers and rouges. (Note: ask me about any of these and I will give you a full description)

Humans:The jack of all trades. With no buffs or debuffs. They do get special stats, but you will have to ask me about them.

Dwarves: people of the mechanical cities both underground and on the surface, dwarves are very hard and gruff, but not charismatic. They are short, too.

Halflings: Basically a midget midget. They are very short, and are thus dexterous but not strong. They are just like humans in the sense that you can find them strewn across the country.

Gnomes: Magical midgets. They are gruf and hardy just like dwarves, but are small and so are weak.

Half-Orc. A very tall, strong, green skinned brute who usually ethier live as bodyguards or social outcasts. Orcs are strong, but dumb and not charismatic.

Dromites: Short, insect-like humanoids with no gender. They have compound eyes and antenna, and a light exoskeleton, but otherwise resemble halflings and gnomes. Dromites are very charismatic, but not strong or wise.

Duergars: charcoal colored dwarves who are hated by everyone due to there undying desire to work. As the dromites inhabit hives underground, duergars inhabit underground cities. Duergars usually use slaves in their work, and are hardy but mean spirited and thus not charismatic.

Xephs: Xephs are quick to joke and usually have dark skin, eyes and hair. They are dexterous but not strong.

Maenads: maenads are people with extreme rage bottled up inside of them, and usually try to avoid anything that might set it off. They also have crushed up crystals in their skin.

Elans: Elans are humans with red hair and pale skin that were transformed into an elan by a ritual preformed by the élan council. This is by far not even close to everything about Elans, so I urge you to ask me about them or any of the other races.

ATTENTION!

These bios are not finished, and I urge you to ask me about any of the races that you are interested in.

Classes:

Rouge: The dexterous sneak of the group, with specialization in sneaking, disarming traps, slight of hand and other sneaky stuff.

Barbarian: a warrior who kills with pure rage. He is usually dumb but strong.

Fighter: a smarter, but less strong barbarian who does not have all the barbarians special abilities

Sorcerer: a Mage who does not learn his magic, he simply inherited it from somrthing, like his ancestor was a dragon etc etc, he learns new spells every day, but he can only keep them for one day before he has to swap them out.

Wizard: a Mage who learns his power, and learns new spells every level, and does not have to swap out spells.

Cleric: a Mage who uses the divine power of his gods for magic, has different spells than wizard/sorcerer and learns spells every level.

Paladin: a cleric/fighter who has low level cleric spells and proficiency in weapons. He is a vanquisher of evil and protector of good (think knights of Templar)

Druid: a Mage of the forest, using power from nature for his nature-themed spells. Usually has an animal companion.

Ranger: a man of the forest, able to track and hunt, as wells proficiency with ranged weapons. Usually has an animal companion.

Monk: martial class specializing in dexterity and martial fighting. Has cool martial moves.

Bard: jack of all trades, does areas that need to be filled in half decently. He has basic spells and basic weapon proficiency, and can play songs and music.

Psion: a Mage class that uses nether arcanana nor divine magic, but instead ones own mind. Uses powers, not spells, and can have a psicrystal companion

Soul knife: type of psi on that, instead of casting magic, uses his/her will to create a deadly sword of will that they specialize in

Psychic warrior: much like a palidin, like a fighter with battle buffs/powers.

Wilder: a psion that does not know many powers, but can use emotional power to enhance that power to a grand level, at personal risk.

Alchemist: a person who specializes in magical potions and deadly bombs, has no magic.

Once again, just ask me about one class that provokes your interest.

Extras:

Custom classes and races are allowed, as long as I approve their stats.

This will be a d&d 3.5 campaign. Having a players handbook and dice would be nice, but not required.

You can find and read the players handbook if you google :D &d 3.5 players handbook. It will be a PDF.

Last edited by a moderator:
I must question. Is this DnD with a few homebrew races, or some homebrew system with the standard fantasy races?

Ah. D&D with a lotta home brew improvisation. Believe it or not, the thri-keen are an actuall d&d race, called the thri-kreen. They are in the expanded psionics handbook:tongue:

Oh yes... I knew that. I recognized all the races except the three bear races and the classes except Alchemist on the post.

Depending on the level, I do like the idea of a Kobold Erudite who is suspicious of all the surface folk.

Meh. Go crazy! Just saying, I'm not the best Dm. I will need help from the players, because I'm still learning. The three bear races are actually derived from a legend of obad-hai turning elf brothers into bears. That's where bear/brother came from

The majority of the campaign will be underground, and without teleportation navigating back to a place you have already found will be near impossible due to the living earth

Bah, that what maxed ranks in profession Miner is for. I can drill and reinforce tunnels that resist the shifting.

:P wow. Just wow. Meh, well until you get to that point your gonna have to dealwithit

its not that the tunnels move, it's that they magically move to different locations while your not looking at them. Sure, that tunnel might last once or twice, but sooner or later it will be gone

The earth is literally living, constantly shifting and changing , but only underground

This looks very cool! Should I post my character in here, or are you going to make the character sheet later?

Hmmmmmmm well, try to stick to 3.5 mechanics, but yes, if you feel free, post it, but just be aware I might want to modify it

Also, keep in mind for the majority of the campaign, you will be underground. Be ready for mind flayers, and aboleths. Don't worry about them right away, but just keep in mind, they are out there

Williamferret said:
Hmmmmmmm well, try to stick to 3.5 mechanics, but yes, if you feel free, post it, but just be aware I might want to modify it

Also, keep in mind for the majority of the campaign, you will be underground. Be ready for mind flayers, and aboleths. Don't worry about them right away, but just keep in mind, they are out there
Was that in reply to me?

Most villages usually have one or two psions or mages who have teleportation capabilities. As well as that, some dromites are outcast and roam around, offering travel, for a price of course, but yes, interaction between most cities is limited

As well as that, cities are few and far between, and are becoming more and more scarce as attacks from akatosh and thazairs forces increase.

I have one question, is this's going to be like full D&D or is it roleplay, or a mixture of both. like are we going to use dice rolls and what not?

Tunnels/caverns usually don't shift if there is lots of recent buildings from a race or races currently occupying that space

dice rolls will happen, and it is d&d with a little help to people who don't know much of d&d. Don't worry about dice rolls, I can do them for you if necessary

Soooo try to formulate ur characters.... Ya

Well, I guess, but where are you gonna get enough people to populate an entire tunnel span, and make them stay there?

Also, side note, make in depth back stories for you character. I dont want you just saying "I am a refugee from the surface." I want actual back stories

Okay- another side note, when making your character you might want to veer torwards skills like dungeoneering and survival to keep yourself alive, as cities/towns will be few and far between

Greg, you can look at the basic rules of d&d 3.5 by just googling d&d 3.5 players handbook.

Hmmm.... We will see.... We will see.... You working on your character sheet? Because im not starting until we have 4 people with finished character sheets. I just don't want us to be mid through a mind flayer dungeon and one dude is like "I forgot to to my wisdom score!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back