• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Help Trying to make a role play about mecha

Cold Ramen Noodles

This account is closed.
I'm planning on posting a search thread about people who pilot mecha and help protect the world. Although I'm not sure if I would post it under fandom or have it as my own idea. I was watching Neon Genesis Evangelion and would like to incorporate their idea for a world that is suddenly attacked by out of this world creatures but I like the ideas in Darling in the Franxx regarding two pilots needing to work together to make a suit work. So do I call this a fandom role play? Or would I just call it an original mecha role play inspired by anime?

A quick, easy way to categorize RPs is to think to yourself: Where is it taking place?

If it's in a sci-fi world with futuristic technology, it's Futuristic.
If it's in a modern world (Or any point in Humanity's IRL history), it's Realistic
If it's in a world in a pre-modern time, but with magic or other kinds of fantastical elements, it's Fantasy
And if it takes place inside the canonical universe (or an alternate universe with the same characters, settings, etc.) of a given work, it's Fandom

Hope this helps ^.^

So I'm guessing it would be best to categorize this as fandom and explain that it's a mix of two different fandom and some ideas of my own?

Only if it takes place literally in the world of Neon Genesis Evangelion, or the Fandom you're mixing it with. If you're just taking the idea and making an original world based off of it, even heavily, then it still counts as its own thing.

Thank you for the help. It's more like I'm taking ideas but the rp wouldn't take place in the actual world of any anime. Just ideas here and there.

No problem ^.^ So yeah, in that case I'd not put it in the Fandom category, and instead put it in whatever best fits the setting you're holding it in.

No problem ^.^ So yeah, in that case I'd not put it in the Fandom category, and instead put it in whatever best fits the setting you're holding it in.

So if it's mostly modern but with the only advanced/futuristic components being the mechs themselves, then it's modern/realistic?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back