• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Help Trying to learn BBCode+

Seabourne

Certified Idiot
I really admire the beautiful templates that the BBCode creators on this site make, and have been inspired to try out my hand at coding. I've started learning about CSS, and will probably also dip into HTML. It's a lot to take in, but it seems pretty straightforward once you get the hang of it.

Are there any beginners resources that anyone would recommend to help me out? Thank you in advance!

Learning about HTML and CSS first is definitely the way to go! it helps that the information goes beyond rping and can be added as a skill to your resume. u v u c: css-tricks recently did a compilation post of possible ways to learn in addition to some nifty tips. CSS-tricks does tend to assume you have background knowledge when discussing some topics, but they're also a fountain of resources on how to do specific effects using only CSS, as it's their namesake.

But alongside that, we're still using a parser and not direct css/html, so some stuff may behave wonkily on the site. In those situations, it's better to just ask someone who's well-versed in bbcode. (:

But alongside that, we're still using a parser and not direct css/html, so some stuff may behave wonkily on the site. In those situations, it's better to just ask someone who's well-versed in bbcode. (:
yeah, I've been looking through some existing codes and trying to make sense of them to get a feel for how things are generally formatted :) It's a little tricky, I will admit

Thanks! I found other tutorials that describe what I want to know in more detail, since that one seems to cater more towards people who already have knowledge of CSS, but I did read through that one a few times now that I've learned a bit more and can understand it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back