• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

berristar

*bad pun* *finger guns*
"This is why we don't leave! Because they come after us! You can't trust anyone but our kind!"

Underneath the modern world of humans hides a secret world of magic users, called artists. They keep themselves separated, but not by choice, hunted by creatures called daemons who will stop at nothing to devour each and every artist. The doorway to the Modern is heavily guarded and fortified against the daemons entering the Underneath, but there's nothing preventing artists from leaving...

~~~
PLOT
The future heir to the Underneath and their best friend dream of visiting the Modern, and one day, they sneak up to explore, not realizing that once they leave the Underneath, there's no easy way to return. They encounter two daemons, who pretend to be their allies in order to gain access to the rest of the Underneath, subtly working against them while pretending to be their friends. One of the daemons slowly realizes they're falling in love and has to battle with their very nature and their other daemon companion. Along the way, two humans join the gang, discovering the secrets of both fantasy races. Feeling betrayed by their friend, the second daemon teams up with one of the humans and plans to uncover the whole of the Underneath, baring them to all other daemons and the whole human race. It's the responsibility of the rest of the gang to try and stop them before it's too late...

~~~
RACES
Daemon
- a mystical being from the Aether that roams the Modern looking for artists. Their powers come from the souls of artists, and with each soul they devour, they grow stronger; however, if they don't get souls for an extended period of time, they die. Powers include charmspeak, reality distortion, elemental manipulation, or shapeshifting. Each daemon is able to use charmspeak, and one of the other three powers (so only two powers per daemon).
Artist - sub-race of humans; artists are magic users who draw on the power from the Aether to manipulate it into whatever they want. Artists live in the Underneath, and very rarely do they venture into the Modern. The older the artist, the stronger their powers are, but bloodlines also matter: all royals are substantially stronger than other artists. Powers have no limit, though require immense concentration to cast (no deus ex machina magic that randomly saves the day when the artist panics or smth).
Human - regular old human, though some are distantly related to artists and therefore can be taught magic.

~~~
LOCATIONS
The Underneath
- sprawling medieval-like world with castles, knights, etc. Homeplace of the artists. Rests just below the Modern.
The Modern - the world as humans know it
The Aether - birthplace of all magic and magical beings
The Gateway - the singular passage from the Underneath to the Modern; located near the Great Castle in the Underneath and New York City in the Modern

~~~
CHARACTERS
The Heir
- artist; the heir to the Underneath [TAKEN - camlochan camlochan ]
The Best Friend - artist; the h
eir's best friend and "partner in crime" [TAKEN - TigerLover513 TigerLover513 ]
The Exile - artist; a long exiled artist who teams up with the deamons only to realize that they've been in the wrong [TAKEN - TayMaiTer TayMaiTer ] ref sheet created
The Betrayer - daemon; the daemon that eventually falls in love with the Heir [TAKEN - me] ref sheet created
The Cunning - daemon; the daemon that becomes the main villain [TAKEN - Caffeine_Obsessed] ref sheet created
The Spiteful - human; the human that joins the Cunning in their quest to take down the Underneath [TAKEN - Alya Alya ]
The Descendant - human; the human that sides with the "good guys" and eventually learns they can use magic [TAKEN - Kio.exe Kio.exe ]

~~~
I'm taking the Betrayer~

Last edited:
Very interested! Especially in the Best Friend and the Spiteful
I forgot to mention that if there are not gonna be enough people, one person can take a max of two people, so there might be a chance you could play both if you'd like :3

Oh that's tempting! But I think I'd probably be able to write best if I'm only writing for one character, but that is really tempting. Although I hope you do get the numbers! This is a very interesting premise!

Oh that's tempting! But I think I'd probably be able to write best if I'm only writing for one character, but that is really tempting. Although I hope you do get the numbers! This is a very interesting premise!
Thanks so much! I hope other people join as well ^^

Looks great!
I think I'm going to start writing down people for the open character positions so feel free to chose one and add a character sheet :3 I don't have anything specific, so feel free to make your own one (I'll be posting my character soon~)

Wait we're posting the character sheets here instead of a thread? Alright, is there anything specific you're wanting on the character sheet

Wait we're posting the character sheets here instead of a thread? Alright, is there anything specific you're wanting on the character sheet
Yeah, I'd like it here. And nope, nothing super specific. If you want ideas, I just posted mine. Also which character would you like? So I can note it down ^^

ahhh the pressure to decide

The Spiteful can start out somewhat good and then have their fall from grace right? If so then that please as I always enjoy getting to do that kind of thing.

ahhh the pressure to decide

The Spiteful can start out somewhat good and then have their fall from grace right? If so then that please as I always enjoy getting to do that kind of thing.
Yeeep, that's exactly what I envisioned XD

Then that! Always fun playing those kinds of characters and getting to explore that, I wonder what will be turning them to the dark side though 👀

Then that! Always fun playing those kinds of characters and getting to explore that, I wonder what will be turning them to the dark side though 👀
dun dun duuuuun
it can be anything but I imagine it's the fact that even their human friend, the descendant, is somehow magical but they're not and they're jelly af, also maybe the cunning is whispering bad stuff and slowly turning them bad

I am very interested! Are there any more artist or human roles available? Because I am not good at playing villians.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back