• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Trulane - A Fantasy RP

They ate their meal, then went back to the forge, with Arryn hiding in Ferron's room reading while he worked, so she wouldn't have to walk around and start rumors. Alone, though, she found herself starting to question their relationship. Was she ready for this? Or even capable of a long and stable relationship, after everything she had been through? That would mean taking on his burdens as well as her own. And what if Ferron didn't love her, and just wanted her around because she was convenient? Or what if he fell out of love with her soon when he got bored of the sex? Maybe he would eventually find her skittishness annoying, and her inability to cook decent food too expensive. He loved smithing, what if she eventually got in the way of that for him? He had risked his life for her, but could that all have just been reflexive?

After a while she realized she wasn't even reading her book and set it aside, then nestled under the covers and pressed her face into the pillow while her mind ran a mile a minute.

Ferron had spent his time happily hammering away at his forge, ignoring Dask and thinking about Arryn. His mind was working though - could he trust her? It was evident she didn't trust him before, since she had hid her name from him for so long. Even if she trusts him now, there was no telling what else she might be hiding from him. Either way, he was happy to be with Arryn, and found himself smiling at the thought of being with her again. When he was finished forging, he quickly went to his room where Arryn was. "Hello, love." He said in a light tone, although it wouldn't be noticeable to anyone who didn't know him well.

"It was as it always is - the second best part of my day." Ferron told Arryn, leaning over to kiss the top of her head. "What did you do while I was gone?"

Ferron nodded. "What did you read?" He asked, leaning against her a bit. After he asked though, he frowned a bit, noticing she wasn't quite as happy to see him as she normally was. "Is everything alright love?"

Arryn debated lying to him, but decided against it and reached out to pull him into a hug and drag him into bed with her while she hid her face against his chest.

Ferron didn't like how quiet Arryn was being. They weren't a vocal couple, as demonstrated by her actions, but she was never silent when he asked a question such as that. "What is it, love?"

Ferron nodded, kissing the top of her head. "Do you want to talk about it?" He asked, unsure what could be bothering her.

Arryn hesitated. What was bothering her? "I'm just.... I don't know. I think it's that I'm not good at being vulnerable,but I'm very vulnerable to you." It was terrifying that any word he said could hurt her.

"You're worried about being vulnerable?" Ferron asked. "You don't have to worry love, the reason you can be vulnerable around me is because I'll protect you." He kissed her gently and turned her head to look him in the eyes. "I love you."

Arryn slowly smiled, then hugged him tight. "I love you too," she whispered. Even if he was lying, she figured it was so believable nobody could blame her, so it was okay to not over anaylze his words.

Arryn returned the kiss, then nestled herself against him. "Love you," she mumbled. Clearly she didn't plan on letting go of him.

Ferron chuckled softly and returned the kiss. "Love you too." He said, settling in to the bed, knowing he wouldn't be going anywhere soon.

Arryn grabbed his arm and laid it over her waist before hiding against him again. Once she was comfortable, she said, "A year ago, I'd never have imagined I'd be here."

"Neither would I." He admitted. "I planned on focusing on forging and that's it - but I'm more than happy to have switched my focus to you." He kissed her gently.

Arryn blushed at a promise if such dedication. She softly said, "You know that old tradition with guys sharing their food? Well there is another side to it. If the girl accepts the food, she's promising to be a caretaker."

Ferron looked down at Arryn, holding her close. "You'd promise that to me?" He asked. He had no doubt she would, but hearing her confirm it would only make him more happy.

"I feel the same," Arryn said as she nuzzled against his cheek. "It's just scary sometimes how intense my feelings for you are.

"It's not scary, it's love." Ferron said quietly, keeping her close. "It's just intense is all. And that's how it should be."

Arryn quietly said, "But what if it becomes less intense? What if you get bored of me?" She wouldn't meet his eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back