• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Should we be open world or Single City setting?

• A single city

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • The whole planet

Votes: 8 53.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FearItself

There is nothing to fear
Set on an alternate earth in the year 2021 history developed more or less the same until December 21st ,2001. That was when the Event occured, a massive surge of mysterious cosmic energy which encompassed the entire planet. It only lasted for an instant yet it fried all electronics on the planet. Planes fell from the sky, satillites crashed to earth after shutting down, massive amounts of digital information was deleted, and a massive earthquake shook the planet. Tens of millions died around the planet and sadly there was no time to investigate as more chaos was injected into the scenario. 2% of the remaining human population was endowed with miraculous powers and abilities.

The past 20 years have mostly consisted of rebuilding and attempting to reestablish order, which seems to eternally slip from humanities grasp. Criminals have become far more dangerous and numerous, politicial instability runs rampant, government funded smear campaigns paint the empowered peoples of the world as dangerous timebombs waiting to explode and hurt those around them causing the vast majority of humanity to view them as inhuman threats. Its been like this for 20 years and now certain empowered people have begun to fight back, the world seems on the brink of disaster, the question is how will mankind handle the gift of True power?

(Hiya guys, this is a Modern day Slice of life sandbox rp with an underlying plot. Almost all characters are welcome however there are a few restrictions. All characters are 100% human, including metahumans, there will be no aliens demons or other such things. Magic does not exist in this earth granted the powers one has can be similar to magic that will not be what it actually is this does not mean your character cannot think thats whats up though. Good and bad is entirely up to you i have no qualms with either...that said dont go and be a psycho killer please...then the govenment will have to get involved and maybe other meta's and it will get messy fast. Lastly powers need to be restricted to High building level as a max, no one can destroy a city in one go without ample prep time and set up.

If it tickles your fancy then sound off down below. I will answer any questions post haste. I will also mention that powers cannot be claimed by individuals, two people can have the same power with subtle differences. There is no age restrictions on characters but please at least be potty trained and able to communicate toddlers in these scenarios is pretty hard to work around. Also you cannot have your powers revealed to the public, that would be a terrible idea and anyone who has grown up in this world would know this. I am also open to sub plot suggestions if y'all have them so uh yeah...enjoy)

Hmm sounds interesting, may recycle my old Jane Doe character provided its not too much for the game. TLDR Good Alligned Amnesiac with Regeneration/Self-Body Control, as well as some a Martyr complex/low self-image for various reasons. Their regeneration does not work on wounds suffered before gaining powers (and neither does natural healing), got some brief snippets of how the some of the stuff pre-amnesia...but can be summed up as "Heathers Bad End" (if anyone even gets the reference)
Scar.png

Can change ideas if too much, Im sure i have there CS saved somewhere for when a CS thread is made.

Hmm sounds interesting, may recycle my old Jane Doe character provided its not too much for the game. TLDR Good Alligned Amnesiac with Regeneration/Self-Body Control, as well as some a Martyr complex/low self-image for various reasons. Their regeneration does not work on wounds suffered before gaining powers (and neither does natural healing), got some brief snippets of how the some of the stuff pre-amnesia...but can be summed up as "Heathers Bad End" (if anyone even gets the reference)

Can change ideas if too much, Im sure i have there CS saved somewhere for when a CS thread is made.
I dont get the reference but nonetheless it sounds fine. She will fit well into the world. Especially with a low self image considering most of the world hates them. I suppose i should let people know my character ideas.

Ive actually got 2 characters in mind for this rp bear in mind neither of these are the big baddie
carmen-cornet-gratiano-de-veronese-by-ccornet-dbd6c5b.jpg
First the baddish guy, Vincent Ducoup. He possesses the power to manipulate and generate a strange energy retardant psudo physical smoke. He is a bit on the evil side having decided he is fed up with humanity and their lies and hatred. He has already killed a few people and seems intent on continuing so long as they do.

circus_strongwoman__leopard__by_feael-dailsj7.jpg
Then there is the much more friendly Mira Bella who makes a living in Louisiana as a circus strong woman. Her power should be relatively obvious she possessess superhuman strength above the 100 ton range, Equal levels of durability, and seemingly bottomless stamina. Though she keeps her true potential well hidden she is rumored to have murdered her boyfriend by crushing his skull between her thighs. She has a thick southern drawl in her voice always calling people darlin and more likely to say "Bless your heart" than insult someone.​

Last edited:
I'm stuck between a Spider-Man esque college age superhero, or a criminal trying to provide for his family.
Why choose? Make both. Multiple characters are encouraged. After all i am gonna have at least 2 good guys and at least 5 villains. That being said hero characters must be careful. Being seen is a big threat if you can be identified and the government is no slouch at finding those like us. Not trying to discourage you from either just keep that in mind when we make Cs's.

Sounds like fun!
I am happy you think so

if i had to choose a super power i have to go with night crawler. In D&D my gnome goes into vattle on the back of a blink dog

Obsidian
2ebbb1f0962206439ead6e705853c2a5.jpg
Our Stories first Big baddie. Obsidian is a man possessing godlike power over glass. Yet its not his abilities that prove threatening, the man is wealthy, and influential but most importantly ha seems to have no ties to the outside world and only a handful of people even know he exists. His current location is unknown though think tanks theorize he is somewhere in the Pacific Ocean. He is currently wanted for an attack on the congressional building three years ago which claimed the lives of 27 political figures, and injured another 109 and while his American Assets have been frozen he apparently has stores of wealth elsewhere as the asset freeze has seemingly been uneffective. Rumors about his Son having commited suicide mere weeks before his congressional attack have been in circulation for nearly 3 years. His motives are as of yet unknown as he has made no demands nor addressed the public.​

if i had to choose a super power i have to go with night crawler. In D&D my gnome goes into vattle on the back of a blink dog
Oooo a teleporter could be hella useful to others and very good at evading the government.

Hey I actually thought up an idea for one of my character’s powers. The ability to shapeshift into a “dragon”. Not actually a beast of myth but a car sized reptile with the ability to breath fire that happens to be a lot like a dragon.

Hey I actually thought up an idea for one of my character’s powers. The ability to shapeshift into a “dragon”. Not actually a beast of myth but a car sized reptile with the ability to breath fire that happens to be a lot like a dragon.
That works wonderfully. Transformational abilities are a common thing in this rp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back