• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Alexia Harper
Mentioned: darkborn darkborn Circe Circe

Alexia couldn't help but laugh a little bit at the scene that was transpiring before her. The "lead" of the four, she believes his name was Soren, had to rush off somewhere, only to shoulder-bump another girl in the process and apologize. Meanwhile, Alexia was left with the two named "Quincy" and "Markus." The two finally recognized Alexia, not just as a pop star, but she was recognized as a Millenium Hero, which is of apparent importance to Soren. As the two apologized on Soren's behalf, Alexia put up a dismissive hand. "It's okay, it really is! That's what this festival is for, to recruit people!"

Alexia looked over the two at Soren, who was still incessantly apologizing to the woman. As Alexia shifted her glance over to the woman in blue, a shiver ran down her spine. It wasn't due to any suspicion on the woman's part but rather because she began to feel colder. Soren, is it? I'll have to remember your name, but who is the woman he's talking to? She doesn't look too out-of-the-ordinary. Alas, Alexia didn't have much of a right to judge. She did, after all, look no different than your usual beautiful k-pop artist (well, with the exception of the giant harp she carries around).

Lost in her own thoughts, Alexia stopped paying attention to Quincy and Markus. Upon realizing this, she shifted her focus away from Soren and the girl and back to the duo in front of her. "Excuse me, I was lost in my head for a second. Are you two here to join the Mi-" Alexia was cut off by Markus bending over and wheezing. "Oh my God! Are you okay? Do I need to get someone?" Alexia rushed over and knelt down next to Markus, putting a hand over Markus' back. When Markus mentioned Johnathan, her eyes widened, glancing back at the other two with the woman before quickly shifting back to the matter at hand. Oh dear Johnathan, what did you do?

Meanwhile...

Trisha Nelley
Interactions: FearItself FearItself WeslynExistsNow WeslynExistsNow

Trisha didn't exactly know what to make of the situation. On one hand, what Iris told her probably wasn't "false," per se. The man (Joey?) was wrapped up pretty good, only undone by the man's own actions. The man was probably in a fight with a bunch of bad guys, which is what required the "healing" to begin with. That could also explain the bear traps posted at the doorway, miraculously unphased by the door flying away. Trisha reached for her energy blaster to shoot the thing but felt nothing, as she left the blaster in her room upstairs. Instead, she shot a glance at Thumper. Thumper, like a violently loyal pitbull, sat at her feet, wagging his tail, waiting for the order to blow something else up. "Take care of it, Thumper!" Thumper turned around and shot another fireball at the traps, disintegrating what would take a blowtorch several minutes to melt in mere seconds. Thumper wagged happily in satisfaction before sneering at Iris.

On the other hand, none of the situation made any sense. Why was he literally strapped to a chair? Why wasn't he on something comfortable, like a couch or a bed? Why was Iris taking a bath instead of perhaps tending to the man's wounds? Why was she exceedingly calm about this, especially since Joey(?) is now bleeding excessively? Neither of the two were Magistrate heroes, at least as far as Trisha was aware. If they were both Millenium Heroes, why would they be waiting here in a cheap motel? It's presumed the Millenium has influence across the United States in particular, so why here then? After a moment of pondering, Trisha decided that the woman was either extremely new, extremely bad at her job, or lying.

That being said, this was a delicate situation. Trisha couldn't simply blast Iris, as Joey(?) could get caught as collateral. Trish could order Thumper on her, but Iris is closer to the injured man and Trisha didn't entirely trust the bracelet on her left arm. After all, she was wearing nothing but it. This either means she wears it literally all the time or when she heard the noise she made sure to put that item on, either way, it's suspicious to her. Trisha knew she was, at the very least, gonna have to close the distance. Trisha motioned Thumper to search for a window to jump into while Trisha inched closer to Iris and the man. "I'm sure your assistance is appreciated, but really he should be someplace more sanitary. Joey, is it? Come with me, I know where I can take you." This probably isn't gonna work, so I hope you're ready to fight, Joey.

Last edited:
Iris Ayanami
Freelance Villain
Mentions: FearItself FearItself Zmandd Zmandd

This ticks off Iris. This girl has the gall to try and take Her prey away? Joesph is someone she's spent the last two weeks following, waiting, just for a moment like this. The first week he was always on guard. He was tracking something. He spent another finding this exact spot. He never slept deep enough or long enough for a confident kidnapping. He was difficult. After the annoyance of following this one around this girl suggests she can judge him better? Even if it's not the case, that's all Iris could think. This girl wants to judge him herself, but she's uneducated, she doesn't know a single thing about love. This was Iris's area and not this random girl's. She was also a little salty that she just destroyed those bear traps Iris saved up for. Iris takes a step closer to Joesph.

"Now now now, let's not get ahead of ourselves." Following her new enemy's eyes, she decided to play the safety game. She's lied her whole life, this time is no different. This person, this hero was just another person. Her power must revolve around that thing she called "thumper" maybe it's something she made in a lab? Maybe it is her power. Either way, her power must be something revolving around that, not lie detection. Fighting should be avoided, otherwise, her prey might not think highly of her. She needs him to trust her. "I think that's a bad idea." She kneels a little bit, using her arms to frame his stomach. "He is bleeding out since you barged in and startled him out of his seizure-prevention chair. Seems that didn't work anyway, but besides the point and unneeded now that he's awake." She raises a finger. "On top of that, once I start treating someone with my blood, they need to finish treatment alongside me. If he goes too long without it.." She makes a fist and unballs it like an explosion. "It'll explode back open."

She shakes her head, crossing her arms. "You're welcome to stay nearby while I treat him, but your help you speak of is bluntly unnecessary." She smiles, feeling good with that series of statements. She inches even closer to him, locking his arm with hers. "Don't worry, he's in good care! You can stop by every day if you want to and say hi if you're really that concerned about his health. That is your goal, isn't it?" Her eyes lock with Trishas as Iris ends her speech. She keeps her guard up, prepared to defend her injured prey if she needs to.

Thomas Wagner
User User
Thomas almost jumped out of his skin when he heard someone speak. He hadn't really expected anyone to want to directly speak to him but sure enough someone was asking him a question about what they were supposed to be doing. Thomas didn't quite recognize her, though Thomas had always kept to himself in the academy and as such there was a good chance she was from Millenium and that would definitely explain why he wouldn't recognize her. "Well we're supposed to be allowing the world to recognize us and to be showing off our abilities". Thomas told her, of course Thomas himself had not really shown off anything he could do, he probably should but of course he'd always just wanted to stay out of sight and not get picked out.

The Bull
User User
Carter turned when he suddenly heard a thwip of the ropes and faced the woman who'd leapt into the ring. The Viper, he'd heard of her. Carter kept up with rumors and there were quite a few surrounding the person who could reduce their opponents to nothing. He hadn't expected her to be watching this fight or to want to hop in. Perhaps they were searching for a thrill as well, that would certainly make sense as to why they'd hopped in so quickly and ready to fight. Carter sighed, "don't waste my time" he pleaded. He raised an eyebrow at her offer for a handshake though he took it. It may seem stupid but if the Viper decided to kill him before the fight even started she'd be a coward and deny herself of a battle she seemed excited for so Carter took the risk. He jumped a few steps back and cracked his knuckles, waiting for the bell to ring.
(You can start it, sorry it took me so long).

Axiom

Axioms nods partially agreeing with that sentiment "Perhaps...Though the road for them to get where we are is a turbulent one. But that's why we're here, isn't it? To guide them? That's one way to save the world, is by being symbol for the future..." Axioms doesn't have doubts that what he's doing is right but more often times than not, he finds himself tired of this constant back and forth between crime and justice. He knows good and evil will always be absolute constants but he's just a man, where other see a hero. Axiom didn't exactly choose this life, nor was he forced into it. It was hard to explain but all he knew at that time was he wanted to do good with a very dangerous power he had. He was grateful for Blue Steel taking him under his wing like he did. The man is a father to him and taught him the ways of what it meant to be a hero. Nothing wrong with that, it's just that part of him wish there was a more permanent solution to the problem. If he is to eventually retire or even die, he wants everyone and everything to be at peace. A little optimistic but these are the small hopes that keep everyone moving. Axiom still has faith in what he does is for the better of innocents. He just hopes that he's enough to still keep on with the rest. "Precious, what is it you dream of? For the future I mean. If you don't mind me asking."
PlusUltra PlusUltra

Andriy Boyko
To busy mourning the death of his snack, Andriy didn’t even notice how the stranger hurtled over his head. As the other helped him up, he murmured a small thanks then brushed himself off. His hand didn’t feel like much - it was like grasping onto frigid air. “Ah, tak, that must be it.” A small smile crept across his face, amused with the stranger’s earnest response to Andriy’s joking comment. “Working with family sounds nice,” he added.

“I heard there’s a tournament of some kind around here,” He replied, a light Ukrainian accent peeking out from beneath his words. “Not too sure where it’s supposed to be at, though. Think you could point me in the right direction?” His arm returned down to his side. “I’m Andriy, by the way.”
FearItself FearItself

»»————- ✼ ————-««

The Viper
Ryder scoffed, yet a smug grin crept across her face. She walked backwards to her starting position, quickly slipping off her slides before kicking them aside. The bell rang. “Alright, big guy,” Ryder circled around her opponent, arms raised, waiting for an opening. “Let’s see how long you can stay standing.” She lunged forward and threw a bunch of fake jabs, quickly pulling her arms back to her side whenever Carter reached for them. One bad move and she’d have a whole lot of broken bones. She elevated her hips as she connected her fist into his jaw, then slid backward, putting distance between the two.

Dust covered her hand. She smirked - she had expected an easy fight. Just not that easy. She glanced up, about to toss a snide comment at her former opponent, before noticing how little damage she actually did. Shit. Ryder glanced down at her hands, now bare. The poison burnt through her bandages, leaving Carter practically untouched. Her jaw tightened.

She pivoted on her back foot, then, with her front, struck Carter in the side. Pain shot up her leg. His body was a lot harder than she thought. This time, though, her poison corroded through his shirt, leaving the topmost layer of his skin grey. She kept her feet grounded, switching to a defensive stance and waited.
Yahhah Yahhah
»»————- ✼ ————-««

Esme Kohn
Allowing the world to recognize us and showing off our abilities, eh? It was the exact opposite of what Esme should be doing. “I see,” She spoke and looked at Thomas. He didn’t seem too impressive, in her opinion. None of the heroes did. They all looked like a bunch of naive children skipping across a field, trying too hard to be “king of the hill” but failing miserably. By the end of the day, most of them would give up. She wasn't being rude, just realistic.

Though, they were her future enemies. She shouldn’t think lightly of them. No, no, not at all… Sixty-seven percent of losses were attributed to underestimating an opponent, after all.

“So, what are you capable of doing?”
Esme tilted her head to the side, her eyes briefly glazing over the man. Despite her internal distaste and curiosity, her words remained bland and indifferent, as though Thomas were speaking to a machine rather than a human.

Precious
Tags:
Kameron Esters- Kameron Esters-

J4YOy6V.jpg

"Offer a guide, but not force, follow or lead...it is something for each person to find the answer and that will change from each person, I have no place to say which is correct only to hope it brings them what they need, to shine bright like a diamond not forged into another mold" her eyes don't seem to be moving but her attention seems to shift as she is looking around the area and focusing on particular individuals as well as the exit of the central tower, all without moving. It was people that drew her towards the path of a hero with everything else appearing transitional and fleeting, she had attempted to find other areas of interest since her change and emancipation through her mercurial mind had her moving from one to the other with the people the primary constant.

The glow of her eyes returns to focus upon Axiom at his final question though her response is not immediate, her main view of the future had involved discovering personal answers but nothing she could describe as a long thought out dream. She had little time for such in her life before her powers, and ever since her transformation and newfound freedom the time had been spent in search of other items in an attempt to find something that resonated, ways of living, values, views and more. Dreams of the future? the more she thought about it and picked apart the question the more she started to narrow it down to the end goal instead of the methods of arriving there.

"I would like...to live by the happiness of others, absent from their sadness" stating such simply with her usual tone, though at the same time with more weight behind it than usual.

0D3E956B-A4BB-485C-AC07-F195DC9E68CF.jpeg
Quinn Bheur, The Ice Queen
Location | Pacifica, US

~ ⋆ ~
The band has a great finish.

Quinn manages to let a smile take over, softening up her usual hard features. She had not grown up on this type of music, instead, quick bursts of childhood memories apprehend her mind. When she was young, her father was still in the Irish rock band he had formed back in the ’70s. Being inspired by The Beatles and other bands that formed along the way, the heavy inspirations were definitely Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Queen, and Oasis, as that was all the old man would play. Quinn suspects, even to this day that knew what he was doing only ever playing rock music in the house. She partially blamed him for not having as many friends as she could have—she was a rare [strange] kid amongst her peers, even without the cold powers. A soft buzz and a bell notification coming from the back of her skirt pocket prompts her to check the cellular device, which has a white finish and is bigger than her own hand.

“Hope you are enjoying the States, dear.
Dadai says to take care, you’re his only wean!
Remember that. Love you lots < 3"

The small text reads on the screen. The first part of the message makes Quinn prepare a long, drawn-out rant that she would speak to her mother about later once she properly called, while the last part of the message simply made a smile forcing itself on her lips, once more. If Quinn kept this up, The Ice Queen truly will be the alter ego and Quinn would be the happy-go-lucky college graduate. Her smile dissipates, shifting into a small frown. Often times, she relates to the bat-themed hero that was popular in western comics and who considers his alter ego to be his true self. With a cold huff of breath, Quinn pushes her cynicism away. Other times, she found that she was more like the amazon. . . just without a sword, or a lasso, or the interesting Greek origins. Whenever Quinn actively referred to herself as her code name during work, she felt no different than when she referred to herself as Quinn Bheur. The Ice Queen was Quinn, and Quinn was The Ice Queen— she firmly resolves to keep it this way.

Enveloped in constructing the response to mom, unfortunately, Quinn was not blessed with the abilities to see into the future, or even have quick reflexes in times such as these. Only reaching the first part of the response, in the middle of explaining to mom about needing to get out of the states as soon as possible— Quinn was able to send an array of vulgarities about the fair amount of crowds before the phone flies into the air. Quinn loses her balance, and ever so briefly— her composure. She was an expert at getting knocked off her feet and being able to spring back up again thanks to the martial arts her father made her learn at a young age. He never wanted her to rely on those abilities of hers too much, or at all even.

She glances at the man, not saying a word. There was a slight ringing in her ears, his voice is too muffled to properly hear what the man is saying. With an arm outstretched, the mild ring of cold around Quinn widens in the surrounding area. The invisible water vapour slowly begins to form into ice. Closing her eyes and flexing her fingers into the shape one would use to scratch an enemy if they had claws, the metamorphosis speeds up considerably. Nearly about to hit the ground—a small construct of ice appears beneath it, tall enough so the phone would not break from the fall, along with a bowl meant to safely catch the device. Just in time and as expected, the phone lands inside of the deep bowl, slipping around a bit before resting in the centre. Letting her hand fall to the side, Quinn finally stands, peering into the bowl to retrieve the only phone she had while she was in an entirely different continent. Inside the bowl was the worst thing she could possibly imagine, other than being run over by mister quarterback.

Hastening to remove the phone from the icy surface it was previously on, Quinn inspects the device in horror. “Cailleach’s bones, my phone!” she exclaims, eyes widening and still managing to hold the device regardless to it entirely being seized by her ice, she might as well be holding a block of crystal, clear ice.

Turning around with a sudden rage toward the man, a feeling that could have lightning strike without a storm, cracking like a whip making contact on the skin. Within a moment, she calms, realizing that it was just an accident. Her features remained stagnant, it was her eyes that one had to worry about—primarily deep sea blue, with a muted green encircling the pupils, “nothin’ to worry about,” Quinn forces a smile that is almost convincing, she has actively been practising her interpersonal skills, aware that she often comes off as unapproachable— it was the truth, but her idea of a hero was someone close to the people, not towering above them and solving their problems like some god, “I’ve been needing a new one anyway.” At the mention of hero organizations, Quinn tilts her head toward the construct which still manages to stand in weather that it was not meant for, an authentic smile took over her existing one, crooked instead of straight and pleasant, “think so, yeah.”

~ ⋆ ~
Mood | Annoyed, Homesick
Interactions | darkborn darkborn
Mentions| Zmandd Zmandd

Nearby | Jonathan, Soren, Alexia, Quincy, Markus

Last edited:
Soren and Crew

Soren blinked, slightly surprised at the cold draft that suddenly chilled the area around him. Well, he was also surprised that he noticed it. Must've been really cold, he guessed. Johnathan, on the other hand, started backing away. He knew trouble when he saw it. He gave Soren a strangely enthusiastic thumbs up, before walking rather hurriedly away from Soren and the girl. For the second time, Soren blinked owlishly, this time at Johnathan's back. Why was Johnathan acting so strange? He shrugged, before turning back to face the girl- well, he intended to, until the ice forming caught his attention. It caught somethi- wait, was that a phone? Did Soren just.. Oh, no. The girl's exclamation only solidified the dread and mortification in his stomach. ...That phone was a goner...

Upon her reply of needing a new phone anyways, Soren managed to contain his beet red embarrassment to say, "I-I can pay for that, or getting your phone fixed, o-or.." It would suck getting the money, but Soren was.. ok. Not a rich kid, but definitely not poor. Dad would definitely get mad at him for this, though. Still... Soren quickly reached into his pocket, took out his wallet, and started pulling out some twenties- Soren had brought around 150, 160 dollars with him in twenties, so he could get stuff here, but it looks like that wasn't going to be the case. "Here's some money... I can get more out of my bank account.."

Meanwhile...

Johnathan managed to turn his hasty retreat into a trot as he joined the group of three at the cellos. But before he could utter a greeting, Markus quickly demanded of him, "JOHNATHAN! What did you just do!?" At that point, Johnathan's face paled; he knew his fate was sealed. "..Uhh... I may have dropped your pen.. and the island.. may have.. swallowed it?"

Markus stared at Johnathan for a second, before he blew up. "YOU LOST MY CHIBI KONOSUBA PEN!?!?!?!?!?!? JOOOHNATHAAANNN!!!!"

Johnathan disappeared in a flash. But so did Markus. If one were to look closely in the crowds, they could see Johnathan running as fast as he could from a raging Markus.

Quincy stared at the two for a moment, before turning to face Alexia. "I-I think Markus is alright. I dunno about Johnathan, though..." At that, he cracked a small smile. Then he started suddenly, and quickly answered what Alexia had begun to ask. "No, we're not in the Millennium. We're just here to support Soren. I don't have the powered ability for it, Markus wants to game, and Johnathan wants to continue his parent's trade." Quincy was oddly focused for someone who was literally hyperventilating earlier over Alexia's presence.

Meanwhile, back with Soren and the girl..

After managing to get over a fresh wave of embarrassment, and hearing the girl's confirmation of joining a team, Soren smiled widely. "Well, that's great! I just joined as well; my name's Soren. What's yours?" After getting her response, Soren would then continue on in an eager tone, "You can control ice? That's a really cool power- do you ever try ice surfing like in Incredibles?"

Interaction:
Circe Circe (Johnathan), Zmandd Zmandd (Johnathan, Markus, and Quincy)

???

The Rancor Agent painfully awoke back into existence. His entire body hurt. It felt bad. But not as bad as the dread he had in the pit of his stomach. He failed Rancor. He was definitely gonna die a painful death. His eyes landed on the sword, the battered body of his other agent, and the pool of blood with the severed hand of the... beast. Maybe he could salvage something out of this... But not in this condition...

As he tried crawling away, something landed on his back. Painfully hard. Then a deep voice asked him, "Trying to go somewhere?" The Rancor agent felt fear.. and suprise. "B-batman..?" A sigh, then a quick thud, and the Rancor agent fell unconscious.

The figure who landed on the Rancor agent's back- Dorchadas- who was dessed in all black, in addition to a masked hood; he had a bow and quiver on his back, and multiple throwing knives on him- muttered to himself, "Why does everyone call me Batman?" He then picked up the battered Rancor agent and hoisted him on his shoulder. He then picked up the sword- quite a challenge, but Dorchadas had some extra strength thanks to mind over matter- and hooked it to some straps on his back. He trotted over to the communicated device, and disdainfully pried it out of the dead Rancor agent's hand. He then continued over to the dismembered hand, looked at the mess, and sighed. Two arms made of energy spiraled out of his back, and grabbed the arm.

He had everything. Now to let Millenium know what happened. Excalibur was still alive, that was certain. Yes, a girl did call on his communicator and say that there was a dead hero... but where was his body? Why call and let heroes know that he was dead, and leave no body? If it was to send a message, it was a poor one. No, the girl was lying about that. And neither was she Rancor- the agent still alive and here told him that. The man was obviously incompetent. Rancor didn't deal with incompetency. If the girl was Rancor, she would have killed the man for his incompetency. Simple as that.

So where was the girl? Where was Excalibur? Why did the girl lie about Excalibur? Too many questions, and no answers. He would have to quickly deal with the sword, hand, and Rancor agent so he could get to tracking Excalibur. If he even could. Such a pain.

"And why does everyone call me Batman?"

Last edited:
Excalibur

Joseph gritted his teeth as he rose back to his feet spitting words at the two who argued over his well being. "Both of you shut up, we dont have time for this." as he spoke he began to remove the covering on his wounds "There was something there that was not human and it was very dangerous." with a straight face he managed to get a grip on one of the beasts claws still in his stomach before sliding the thing out of his gut with obvious pain. The damned thing was mostly claw, nearly five inches of it, followed by another two inches of flesh. He tossed the claw on the bed and began reaching for another one. His blood trickled out yet the pace was very slow and slowing more still "plus my sword was left behind, along with a rancor suspect who might be our only lead." he tugged on the next finger which was aapparently rooted in better as he was forced to brace himself before continuing. "I need calories, loads of them 20 thousand is ideal but i can manage with 12 thousand." he paused once again as the second claw came out with a new trickle of blood behind it. "once i have that i can spawn my power and it will heal these wounds but we have to get that damned creature out of the woods before people start dying." as if to punctuate his sentence he gripped the last finger by the bone and yanked it out in one swift motion. It too bled but by now his first wound had already clotted and stopped. His own accelerated healing paired with the little he had gained from his new kidnapper was enough to at least stabalize him and the little bit of rest he had gained had apparently done him well yet he was far from fighting condition and barely at walking around condition though he imagined plenty would argue with him there. "First things first though, Thank you for saving me, but my wounds wont explode back open i have my own healing to factor in. whats your name, and if your so concerned then come with me, i have a job to do and will not he staying." he turned on his heel to face her as he said these things. At the same time stripping the sheet of the bed and begining to tear it into strips so he could rewrap his wounds.
Zmandd Zmandd WeslynExistsNow WeslynExistsNow
~~~

Miss Glory

As the dippin dots came she stuffed the remainder of the pretzel in her mouth tossing the trash on the ground where it was quickly absorbed by the island and she took her new treat turning back to acknowledge the other heroes comments with a huge warm smile coated in crumbs and a sweet southern bell accent. "Well hun you got my theme just right, Americas number one cowgirl cyborg Miss glory at yer service." she then looked down at her legs twisting them to show their sides to the interesting russian woman. "And these old things? I built them myself theyre not as fancy as some other heroes tech but tthey definitly get the job done...what about you Hun whats your story?" Her smile somehow got wider as the focus of topic shifted from her and she looked geniunely interested in hearing the answer. Yet the crowds began to shift around towards the press conference subtly jostling the two with them.
PauciloquentPumpkin PauciloquentPumpkin
~~~
Blue Steel

As he gave the press conference he answered several reporters questions and more and more of the island gathered to hear answers to questions like "What are your plans to deal with the massive surge in bomba production" and "have there been any leads to the perpetrators of last years attack?" it wasnt just him luckily and other veteran heroes were there to help him answer the tough questions. As numbers of new recruits got brought up the mood lifted to a more hopeful one and still more people gathered...
~~~
Matterhorn Maximum security metahuman prison.
Valaius Switzerland.
Rampage

For the twenty seventh day in a row the repetitive thump of vibrations reverberated through the matterhorn prison facility, each thump accompanied by the humm of the kinetic absorption units outside of the cell. Thw two guards stationed outside his cell looked both bored and annoyed. But one couldnt blame them, four hours of hearing profanity and fury accompanied by unceasing thumps would irritate the most rational of minds. Finally having had enough one of the guards turned to the cell to shout at Cain to shut up but he stopped when he heard a dull thud between blows. He turned to see one of the lights had been turned off towards the end of the hallway and something spinning on the ground caught his attention.

It was the helmet of the other guard. Immediatly he turned to try and press the alarm button but everything went black for the man as a razor sharp tendril shot out from the shadows in the dark end of the hallway penetrating his skull from the back and exiting the front so quickly and precisely there wasnt even any blood. The tendril then wrapped the man up pulling him into the shadows before moments later the camera's would pick up the unmistakable image of villainess Ella Stitch. She crept to one of the six kinetic nullifiers and placed an emp device on it before slinking off back into the shadows. A few seconds later the device triggered and one of the kinetic nullifiers shut down.

The next Blow Rampage threw at his cell walls caused two of the Kinetic Nullifiers to rupture and a large crack to spread through his cells Super alloy walls. The next one ruptured another two and widened the crack enough that One could see the monster of a man inside the cube. The alarms began to go off as the final blow ruptured the last kinetic nullifier and blasted the super alloy wall into shrapnel which peppered tue fortified concrete across the hallway. The reinforcements of guards heavily armed in nuclear armor and carrying heavy energy weapons would arrive just in time to see The massive figure slam himself into the concrete walls which gave way as if made of tissue paper. They fired into the tunnel leading outward but honestly none of them hoped to accomplish much. Outside sirens blared as the nearby towns were being evacuated and the E.U's Armored military began to mobilise outside. They were still getting to their positions when a loud rumble began to grow into a thunderous roar as Rampage burst through the side of the mountain which held the superhuman prison. A breif moment of calm flooded the air as Rampage took a few seconds to enjoy the fresh mountain air he was now breathing.

However his moment was interupted by a heavy blaster shell slamming into the side of the tunnel he had just carved. He sighed in frustration as the Rain of Energy beams and plasma bolts began. Rather than taking cover of shielding himself he leapt into the fray energy bolts slamming into him and either bursting harmlessly or simply singeing his suit. As he neared the ground he lifted his fist bringing them down in tandem with his landing. The impact would cause the bedrock only a few meters below the shallow mountain base soil to buckle and ripple like a wave...which slammed into to mountain itself sending a huge fissure ripping up the Matterhorn. At once the energy shots fired as those still standing fled before the crumbling mountain, however few could outrun the landslide and the town below was consumed in the debris sending alerts to the entirety of the hero community. Yet even still the rubble shifted and the massive Figure of Cain dug himself out of the debris before leaping northward leaving a trail of dust and rubble falling off him and dispersing in the air.
(Everyone gets the memo
Prison break and Earthquake)
~~~​

Thomas Wagner
What was he capable of doing? Rather simple question by the sound of it, though he did note her tone he didn't think much of it. Now how was he supposed to answer that question. Normally his superiors took the answer that he had 'plant based abilities', but that never really explained what he could do. Not truly anyway, in all honesty Thomas didn't even know what all he could do. He still had a lot of things to try and see what happened. "Well my abilities are... A little hard to find the correct words for" Thomas told her looking around the island as if trying to come to terms with the crowd.
User User

The Bull
Carter stood still as his opponent danced around him. Her blows felt like almost nothing, Carter wondered where that terrible power he'd heard all about was. So far she'd not proven why she was so feared among the rings. The Bull seemed to not be taking the battle seriously as he lazily grabbed for the Viper's arms whenever she struck forward, he missed every grab and the Viper simply ducked and dodged away.

That was until she seemed to realize how little she'd actually accomplished. She came forward and finally put some actual weight behind an attack. Carter gritted his teeth and gave a crooked smile, he could feel the pain that blow caused. There was the power he'd heard so much about. "Glad to see we're finally starting" he said before he seemed to swell. Pain as always, only made Carter stronger. He lifted a foot and stomped down on the ring. Not strong enough to shatter it but enough to shake it and put his opponent off balance. Without warning Carter surged forward, throwing a punch at the Viper's head and neck, before aiming one at their midsection, he threw one more in case those missed and attempted a grab at his opponent's arm.
User User

Alexia Harper
Mentioned: darkborn darkborn Circe Circe FearItself FearItself (indirect)

Alexia let out a small giggle at Quincy's quip. The chase between Markus and Johnathan was pretty amusing, after all. He turned to Quincy as he was answering her initial question. He stopped hyperventilating and answered her question with a strangely straight face. It may not be very good of Alexia to think of it... but she did find it "odd." "Wow, you three are amazing friends to come out here to support him like that." Alexia shifted her attention back over to Soren, who was making a complete fool of herself with the girl. "I'm sure Soren really appreciates it." It wasn't easy for Alexia to see due to mere distance, but the girl seemed to dislike his presence currently. Alexia pondered trying to pull the poor guy out of the situation. "I really like his enthusiasm though!" She let out a slightly louder chuckle at the remark, nudging her head in Soren's direction.

It was at this point that Alexia finally decided to pull out the Herotech communicator from one of the inside pockets of her cardigan. When she got around to reading the "Notes" typed up by Excalibur, she gasped and covered her mouth. "Oh no, Excalibur!" She looked up from her communicator. It seemed that either most of the heroes on the island were Magistrate or nobody else received their message yet. She let out a disappointed sigh. No, Alexia couldn't do much about it right now. It wasn't like she had flight or teleportation powers to reach Excalibur. It wasn't even like she was a medic anyway. "I'm a pop star, you think I know anything about medical things!?" She widened her eyes and cupped her mouth, realizing she just said that out loud. She turned back to Quincy. "I'm sorry, one of my friends is in trouble. I just don't know how to help from this remote island." Alexia pouted for a brief moment, and then a lightbulb went off in her head.

Alexia trotted over to her harp and sat behind it, playing a chord to begin her message. "Excalibur, this is Alexia! I got your message! There's gonna a bunch of people coming your way, what do we need to do to help?" She volleyed her message to where only those around her and Eagle Pass could hear her. While Alexia technically could've used the communicator, she decided her voice would also reach whatever Magistrate heroes were free. Besides, the communicator was (apparently) compromised by some random girl anyway.

Meanwhile...

Trisha Nelley
Mentioned: WeslynExistsNow WeslynExistsNow FearItself FearItself

Trisha was annoyed with Iris. Seizure-prevention my ass! That's a regular dining chair! Trisha was about to both physically and verbally assault her when Joey spoke up, halting the argument in place. It was also at this moment that Thumper burst through the back window, readying an attack against the unknown woman. "Hold Thumper!" Thumper held as ordered, maintaining a combative stance against Iris. Trish finally walked in the door and over to the bed, studying the claws that Joey pulled out. "Those claws are monstrous. They look like the devil himself granted somebody those atrocities." The cast of both heroes and villains are very diverse, but the man was right. "There's no way those things are human." Trisha turned back around to Iris. "Why don't you go to the - actually, why am I asking you, THUMPER!" Thumper let out another exciting growl. This was indeed the most action he's seen in a while. "Go down to the lobby and see what food you can get. We'll take it to go." Thumper snarled back at Iris before leaping back out the window. "It probably won't be enough, but it's a start."

So, the rumors are true.
Trisha pondered her next move. He couldn't leave Joey alone with Iris, especially in such a critical state. On the other hand, he had a point. The Rancor agent is suspect to extraction at any point, and we're wasting time here. Suddenly, Trisha could hear a voice. Trisha could swear it wasn't in her head, based on the initial reactions to both Joey and Iris. "Sounds like you've got help on your way." Trisha turned to Iris. Based on both Trisha and Joey not knowing who she was until now, she figured she was neither Millenium nor Magistrate. She clearly wasn't Rancor either, based on Joey's story. The only other scenario is this: Iris is a freelancer. Trisha specialized in dealing with the Rancor, so she didn't get to meet too many freelancers. What she does know, however, is they could be just as dangerous. "If you are who you say you are, I suggest you get going now. You're clearly not Millenium nor Magistrate, which means you're a freelancer, and the other heroes won't appreciate you 'healing' him like this."

Iris Ayanami
Freelance Villain
Mentions: FearItself FearItself Zmandd Zmandd

Those were some brave accusations to make, as someone who didn't see any actual crimes getting committed. On top of that, her weird pet thing must be trained. I'm putting out my best aura, and yet it's just as on guard as she is.

Iris smiled at the man facing her. This wasn't going to be easy because of this hero. She's in the way. Not like killing her is an option. Just means it'll be harder work than she thought. "I'll happily come along, even if you have your own healing factor, you almost died last time. I'm no gonna have my hard work go to waste." She turns her head towards the one ordering her around. "First, it's rude to boss around people on your team. Second, calling me a villain out of nowhere is a leap in logic. I would call myself freelance, but I go around and heal people in need. Is that really something you'd deem as evil? While maybe the chair was a bit much, I take my healing and protection very seriously." Iris plans this in her head. So far she's deduced I'm a freelance villain, though that seems like a leap in logic. Perhaps she's stressed out and on guard. Either way, she doesn't have any real evidence. She waves her hand back and forth. "Don't worry about my safety, as long as you two tell them the truth, then I'll be okay. Even when we fight the red thing that Joey fought last time, I can regenerate, so I won't get in the way. Think of me as a portable medkit."

She turned back to Joey as he finishes binding himself up. "How about this, you go into the passenger seat of the car," She turns to Trisha. "And me, her, and her weird Thumper pet thing go to the lobby. We'll be able to hold a lot more foot that way than if just your pet went. Then we'll return to the car and you'll eat on the way." Iris didn't trust this girl. She wasn't going if Trisha wasn't going to join her. Without evidence, she can't do shit without getting in trouble. Besides, Joey owes her for saving him anyway, if he's worthy enough not to kill, he won't let Trisha do anything, not until he repays the debt he owes. This should work. This trip will be enough time to properly judge this man.

Olga "Ollie" Bykov (Crash)

"Well hun you got my theme just right, America's number one cowgirl cyborg Miss glory at yer service," came the woman's sweet, southern accented voice. She turned and twisted her legs about to showcase them to Ollie, who made various faces of interest and intrigue as she ogled the woman's legs. Miss Glory said, "And these old things? I built them myself, they're not as fancy as some other heroes' tech but they definitely get the job done...what about you Hun what's your story?"

Ollie perked up, excited for the question. She chirped excitedly, her Russian accent distorting a few words, "Well, my name is Ollie, and I'm here to..." Before she could finish her sentence a crowd came by, sweeping the two along with them, leaving them to part ways. Sadly, she wasn't able to keep a hold on her ice cream as the tsunami took her away. It didn't help that she was shorter than nearly everyone around.

FearItself FearItself

When the natural disaster comprised of people had ended, Ollie found herself conveniently placed right outside of the very arena she was supposed to be at. Ollie was taking part in a martial arts tournament, despite lacking any actual martial experience. Though the ability to be immune to punches and kicks is what she's banking on to help her do well. Luckily this tournament excluded elemental powers, like fire and ice, and telepathic powers, to better showcase physical fighters.

The arena is a large open space. Bleachers line the edges of a platform of concrete that sticks out about an inch above the ground. Ollie makes her way in, trying to avoid the myriad distractions all around the place. She made her way past the sign-in area and orientation, which included the rules. Submission, KO, or ring-out were the ways to win. It's probably a good thing the crowd came to sweep Ollie away, despite cutting her conversation with Miss Glory short, since she is just in time for her turn.

Ollie walks past a plethora of vicious and powerful looking heroes. Most people here had extremely defined muscles. Many were practicing their martial arts on imaginary opponents as they waited their turn. The people here looked like ninjas, body builders, people with morphed bodies, like animal hybrids, or cyborgs. As far as she could tell she was the smallest person there, something she's used to.

As she makes her way out onto the field a feminine voice echoed clearly throughout the area, "And for the last match in the first round, Olga Bykov, AKA, Crash!" The crowd goes wild. Although it's most likely a courtesy, since Ollie hasn't been on a mission yet, so she was relatively unknown, it still made her feel good. The announcer's voice took a pause for the applause to settle down before continuing, "And her opponent, Boris, AKA Grizzly!"

Like with Ollie, the crowd goes wild as a massive 15 foot mechanical bear-person walked out on the opposite side of the field. Ollie recalls seeing him before, becoming excited that this was her opponent. Boris stood on two massive legs. His arms and chest were even larger. In fact, Ollie estimated that one of Boris' arms was about the size of her. Ollie wasn't sure if he was a robot, or just wore metallic armor, but she thought it was one of the coolest things she'd ever seen. It was mostly a shiny metallic brown color with white accents.

As the announcer continues, Ollie couldn't help but wonder why Boris' last name wasn't announced, "Now, let the match begin!" Boris wasn't one to waste time. He immediately dropped to all fours and began charging towards Ollie, snarling like a bear as he shook the very arena. She took no action as Boris approached her. She simply stood there, arms down by her sides, as she watched Boris leap into the air, leaving footprints in the concrete platform and cracks spreading throughout the floor. Boris came crashing down, his feet leaving rather large impressions in the ground. He savagely brought his hands down, intending to end the match with a single blow.

As his hands touched the top of Ollie's head, everything stopped. There was no thud, no impact, no damage whatsoever caused to her. She looked up, meeting Boris' eyes. He retracted his arms, looking down at them, confused, but only for a moment. While not a veteran, he was not one to let such deceptions affect him. Despite not being entirely sure what happened, Boris launched several punches, hooks and uppercuts, all with the same result.

The announcer had been keeping up with the fight, "Grizzly just launched through the air! It looks like Crash isn't even worried about taking up a defensive position. I don't quite know what her strategy is, but Grizzly is a powerhouse you can't just ignore. It looks like Grizzly might have... What do we have here? Did Grizzly just feint an attack against Crash? I'm not sure why he'd pull his punches, but... Wait... I can't say I know exactly what's going on, but it looks like every punch Grizzly throws has absolutely no effect on Crash!"

After a few moments, Boris seemed to let the confusion of the moment set in. He looked down at Ollie, not entirely sure what's going on, or how to proceed. He bent over to get a closer look at her. He raised his hand, bringing it slowly towards her, wondering if he was seeing things. In the blink of an eye, faster than most could see, Ollie threw a punch at Boris. In an instant she launched Boris clear from the arena. To most, it looked like Ollie didn't move. Despite this, there was a strong gust of wind that followed in Boris' wake.

The announcer, luckily, had a trained eye and enhanced senses, "I, I, what just happened? It was so fast it almost looked like telekinesis. But it appears that Crash has sent Grizzly flying! What speed! What strength! It's apparent now why she didn't defend herself earlier, she's an absolute powerhouse! Crash moves on to the next round! What a fight!"

Ollie beamed, pleased with herself. As long as all the fights went like this, Ollie was confident she could win the tournament. She waved as she hopped excitedly back to await her next match. Grizzly would be caught by a telekinetic shortly after, where he would receive medical attention.

PlusUltra PlusUltra

Ollie was excited for the second round of the tournament. She had missed most of the first round, so she was going into the second blind. Her skin crawled with goose bumps as she reveled at the amazing abilities of the fighters. Unfortunately there were only two matches this round, so after this fight it would be her turn.

Ollie made her way down from the viewing area, ready for her second match of the tournament. "And for the final match of the second round we have Crash! With the speed and strength she's displayed, it'll be interesting to see how her opponent deals with her!" exclaimed the announcer enthusiastically. Roars echoed throughout the crowd as Ollie waved to the crowd, walking along merrily towards the center of the platform. As the crowd died down the announcer continued, "And her opponent, Mystery Fighting Rider X! He boasted an impressive victory himself, managing to avoid every single attack from the speed enhanced Speedball! This should be an interesting fight indeed."

After her opponent made their way to the center the announcer gave the signal to start the fight. Despite having missed their first fight, Ollie stood there in a similar manner to her previous fight. She showed no signs of defending herself, but instead stood lackadaisically as she waited for her opponent to make the first move.

Douglas Tyradon (Soulfox)

Douglas' partner looked surprised momentarily as they heard his voice in their head, but they still responded, thinking, "Oh, uh, hi, Douglas. I certainly wasn't expecting that. My name's Marisol." While the man spoke, giving Douglas and Marisol the briefing, Marisol swiveled her head back and forth between Douglas and the rather large man that was speaking, though Douglas himself kept his eyes focused on the speaker. Douglas and Marisol spent the short time they had during the brief to discuss strategy, a luxury that Marisol hoped would give them an edge that the previous teams didn't have.

With remarkably little information to go on, the grate was opened and the two were ushered into the arena. There were a handful of makeshift buildings. All of them were made of concrete, as well as having no glass in the windows and devoid of anything. This was because it was easier for the hero Concrete who, as their name implies, can manipulate concrete to reverse any damage caused for the next team.

Immediately upon entering the arena Douglas and Marisol could see their target inside one of the buildings. A manikin was sitting in a concrete chair, bound in rope with a rather comical fearful expression on their face. Standing next to it were two heroes, though they were acting as villains in this scenario. Douglas immediately recognized them, as they had both worked with his father in the past. One hero was known as Supernova, a rather tall, slender woman with blonde, flowing hair. They could emit fire from their body and use it like limbs, tentacles, whips and the like. The other was known as Tectonic, a man who was rather overweight, though their bald head and face full of scars still made them look intimidating. Many people would say he was the most powerful earth manipulator on the planet. Luckily for Douglas and Marisol the island was immune to this ability. Although the concrete arena was not, it still wasn't as effective as if they were on normal land.

Douglas and Marisol's first tactic was pure stealth. Douglas stood by the entrance, projecting a space of nothingness where they both stood. Marisol attempted to make her way towards the hostage in the hopes of simply whisking them away to safety. Unfortunately Tectonic can detect vibrations through the ground, which let him detect Marisol once she made her way through one of the windows to the building.

Tectonic snapped his head to look directly at Marisol, despite not being able to see her. He let Supernova know what was going on, who backed up towards the hostage, placing his hand towards the manikin, ready to incinerate it. Supernova spoke up as Tectonic began walking towards Marisol, "Ya know, this guy dies if you try anything funny, right? So, did you bring the money?" Seeing that Marisol was at risk of being stopped, and that the hostage was in danger, Douglas created a missile that fell from the sky, striking a nearby building. Douglas also added a massive explosion, and even made it appear like there was a crater where the building once stood.

Marisol, unfazed due to the psychic communication she had with Douglas, used this opportunity to dash in. Tectonic was distracted for only a couple of seconds, startled by the noise and flash, though he quickly realized what was happening due to the fact that there were no vibrations throughout the arena. Supernova on the other hand had crouched down, afraid debris would be launched towards them. Before they had a chance to gather their wits Marisol had already grabbed the hostage and was making her way straight out the front door, her path back the way she came now blocked by Tectonic.

Tectonic, clearly disappointed in Supernova, instructed them to give chase to Marisol, "It's an illusion! We're up against Soulfox's kid, don't be fooled so easily!" Supernova, now visibly angry, torched the illusion of the hostage that was still sitting in the chair and, despite thinking they had already defeated Douglas and Marisol in the event due to a dead hostage, still gave chase at Tectonic's instructions. Since Tectonic couldn't find Douglas, as he still hasn't taken a single step, gave chase towards Marisol as well.

Douglas could see the situation was going to quickly get out of hand, so he did exactly what he thought he wasn't going to have to do. He started running towards Tectonic, at the same time creating a copy of himself to run nearby. Tectonic sensed it immediately. Knowing that Supernova wouldn't be able to locate Marisol easily, Tectonic stomped on the ground, creating a large curved wall in front of Marisol, leaving the only way out past Supernova. Then Tectonic turned his attention towards Douglas.

Marisol placed the hostage against the newly created wall. Although there were gaps she could run through, she knew she couldn't get past Supernova, at least not without damage to the hostage. She turned to face Supernova. She would have to subdue Supernova to finish the event, so might as well start now. Douglas created a large, bright ball of light directly behind Marisol, who was able to absorb the light. She started charging at Supernova as she shifted into her diamond form. She launched out several beams of light towards Supernova, who retaliated by erupting into flames.

Supernova used wide sweeping attacks in an attempt to strike the invisible Marisol. Even if Marisol weren't invisible, the blinding ball of light made it difficult to see things. Supernova is capable of concentrated blasts that would normally be able to cause serious injury to Marisol, even in her diamond form, but that wasn't something Supernova could do, as they would just be blind shots into the air hoping that they hit. Luckily for Marisol, not only did these wider attacks not cause damage, but they also created light that Marisol could absorb. This, combined with the fuel of the light ball behind her allowed Marisol to launch a devastating flurry of light beam attacks towards Supernova.

Tectonic, clearly frustrated with having to deal with the situation, taunted Douglas, "For the son of Soulfox, you aren't very bright."

Douglas replied through the mouth of his copy, "Ah, I suppose you think I can't do anything to harm you? You do know my father helped create this island, right? Did you know this island had a consciousness? It's alive, here, let me show you." Douglas took a moment to concentrate, making his copy do everything he did. As Tectonic lunged towards the fake, who stood less than a foot from the real one, shadows began casting over the arena. Screams could be heard from outside as Douglas projected a massive illusion from his mind of a portion of the island lifting up tentacle like appendages.

Tectonic wasn't able to feel vibrations through the island, and this combined with the fact that Douglas' father did indeed help create the living island lead him to be stunned momentarily as he wondered if it were actually possible. Despite the frightening prospect of being attacked by the island, Tectonic was still a professional, so they continued on. Tectonic stomped the ground, sending a quake through the ground that caused Douglas to topple over. This caused him to lose his hold on his mental projections, leaving him and Marisol visible.

Marisol received a distress message from Douglas. Fortunately she had already closed the distance with Supernova, allowing her to deliver an abdomen punch that took Supernova's breath away, causing her to pass out before being able to launch a concentrated blast at Marisol. Marisol immediately expended the last of the energy she was holding, launching a few powerful blasts towards Tectonic. Though the blasts seemed to have little effect on Tectonic, it was enough to shift their attention long enough to allow Douglas to create a copy of himself nearby.

Before dealing with Marisol, Tectonic turned back towards Douglas. He stomped the ground in his usual manner, launching the fake Douglas through the air and smashing into a nearby wall. Douglas helped to sell this illusion by adding the appropriate sounds, and even added a small crater impact, blood splatter and visible damage to the body. Tectonic turned to face Marisol, though what he saw would be a fake that was running alongside the real, invisible Marisol.

Tectonic went to stomp on the ground again, though Douglas created another ball of light behind Marisol. The flash of light was enough to cause Tectonic to recoil and shut his eyes. This had the unfortunate side effect of making the fake Marisol obsolete, as Tectonic was now relying on the vibrations from the ground to find her location. The second that Douglas bought them was enough for Marisol to close the distance. She fired a few point blank beams at Tectonic, though they appeared to have minimal effect, before launching a kick at his legs.

Tectonic created a small pillar of concrete to block the attack, though it only slowed it. Marisol still connected with Tectonic's leg, bringing him to one knee. Tectonic created a pillar of concrete, which slammed into Marisol, launching her several feet into the air. The two had managed to get back up and proceeded to begin trading blows. Douglas used this time to get up and run the short distance to the hostage, who was, to his relief, still unscathed. Douglas sometimes felt a little frustrated that his psychic abilities were mental projections rather than attacks on people's minds, since he couldn't create extremely disorienting illusions without putting his allies at risk too.

The hostage was safely retrieved and brought back towards the entrance, where it was now considered safe, fulfilling the first half of the requirements for the event. Marisol provided a sufficient enough distraction that Tectonic didn't notice. Although he had to be careful not to disorient his partner, Douglas had a trick he used to use to play pranks on people. He masked Marisol's body with a copy, overlaying it on top of her. The copy would do everything the real one did, though he would occasionally force the copy to duck or launch a punch. It was a simple trick, but since Marisol wasn't moving around, it was enough to trick Tectonic. This caused Tectonic to miss several strikes, while taking some punches to the face.

Through the toughness of Marisol and the trickery of Douglas, Tectonic finally went down with a punch that was thrown with such force that Marisol sent cracks up her diamond arm, causing her to scream out in pain. Despite this, they were now victorious, though they would learn that two other pairs had also completed this event before either of them had arrived, it was still a great achievement.

Marisol and Douglas made their way back. Marisol received treatment from a hero that had healing abilities while they were debriefed and congratulated on the safe return of the hostage and capture of the villain.

Last edited:
Mystery Fighting Rider X
Tags:

X.png

The form of a suited individual makes there way towards the arena through the tunnel before starting to run and summersault into the ring in a wild pose, arms stretched out either side as a series of explosions and smoke seems to go off behind them from an unknown source. Not saying a word they seem to flash through multiple other poses in eccentric fashion before gesturing to Ollie herself, finally speaking in a modulated voice "In the name of Light, puppys and Justicesu!....Defender of truth, the great Mystery Fighting Rider X will beat you! protecting the world from the naughty kids, even the cutest ones!" setting off several more poses and plentiful more talking as they fired off cliche after cliche, before running forward with their hands flying behind them in the wind.

"JUSTICSU....POKE!" a flash of movement through rather than something of force the strange hero in fact appeared to simply boop the girls nose, pushing in slightly before leaping back for several more poses "Mystery Rider X...I mean Mystery Fighting Rider X will figure out your secrets!" spinning once more before flashing behind Ollie in a wave of dust "JUSTICSU....FINGER!" flicking the ear as if playing around though while the crowd had been watching one hand, the other seemed to slap the rear of the girl before backing off once more.

PlusUltra PlusUltra

A flash of light, noise and smoke acted as fanfare for Mystery Fighting Rider X. Although the name was a little mouthy for Ollie's tastes she was rather excited for the theatrics. This enjoyment quickly turned to confusion as the strange costumed hero booped her on the nose. This confusion quickly turned to frustration as they danced around her, flicking her ear and slapping their rear end. Ollie could feel a slight amount of energy enter her body, but it wasn't enough to accomplish anything. The crowd erupted into furious cheering as the voice from the sky followed the action.

Ollie wasn't quite sure what this man was doing, but it certainly wasn't any fighting style they ever saw, not that Ollie was world traveled or anything. Ollie whirled around to face her opponent, no longer standing by nonchalantly like she did with her previous fight. Despite her frustration, Ollie wasn't quite sure what to do. He was bigger and faster than her as she was, so she knew she couldn't attack him just yet. Instead, she started backing up, working as hard as her body could to keep her distance, as standing still was clearly a bad idea. And to think, she thought a fighting tournament would be easy. Why couldn't people just punch her, that's clearly what she thought the right choice in every situation was supposed to be. For now, she could do nothing but try to react as best she could, hoping to somehow lure a few strikes from them.

Mystery Fighting Rider X
Tags:

X.png

Noticing the retreat the strange hero begins to swap a pose to almost running on the spot, whatever expression they had at the moment was hidden beneath to helmet though their next words did perhaps give some window into there state "A Fighting Rider must be firm, but now you move? your trickery will not work against the light of justicesu." pointing to them finally "In fact it has been made clear!, A brute stands little chance against a Fighting Rider...Do you hold no force of your own?" Following them up and throwing several strikes that appear to miss their head by millimeters, before vanishing in a twirl from her sight. Though to the audience they were now back to back mimicking the girl's turnings.

PlusUltra PlusUltra

Ollie grew increasingly frustrated as the fight carried on. Her mind raced for an answer to her situation as Rider taunted her. She heard the words, but was too focused on trying to figure out how her next move, though she wasn't sure what she could do. Sweat began beading across her brow as Rider dashed towards her. Ollie felt a glimmer of hope, thinking that this may be the moment she needed. That hope quickly turned into confusion as they launched strikes that turned out to be feints. If she were faster maybe she could've moved her head in the way, but Rider was simply too fast for her.

With a flourish, Rider disappeared from her vision. She turned to face him only to be met with nothing but air. Another turn had the same result. She wondered if their power was invisibility, which only further frustrated her. Even if they struck her, dealing with an invisible person would be frustrating. Ollie's eyes shifted back and forth, trying to listen for her opponent as they waited for something to happen. The announcer's voice carried across the arena excitedly, "I'm not quite sure what's going on here. It appears as if they both have some strange strategies as neither has suffered any damage. It almost looks like a dance that Crash doesn't want to be a part of. I can feel the tension as we all wait to see how things will turn out. Will Crash finish things with a single strike like her last match, or will Mystery Fighting Rider X find a way around their strange powers?"

Esme Kohn

Esme hid her disappointment. To say the least, she found the man’s response a bit… lacking. She never thought that anyone would have trouble describing their ability. It was kind of a black and white answer, wasn’t it? She paid no mind to it, though, and just pressed further.

“I can manipulate the wind,” she said, despite the stranger never asking. As a small demonstration, the air around them shimmied, slowly moving the leaves, before dying down a second later. “I’m not too good at it though,” she gave a sheepish smile. She didn’t actually have Aerokensis - or, not exactly - but knew that if she lowered the concentration of smoke, she could move small objects without the human eye being able to notice.

After a small moment, she perked up again. “Do you think you could show me?” she winced a bit, realizing how she must be coming off. “Sorry. I don’t mean to be pushy. I’ve just always have had an interest in what other people are capable of.”

»»————- ✼ ————-««

The Viper
The ring trembled with a single move from her opponent.

Viper pushed off her toes, parting from the unstable ground, and steadied her vision on the Bull, who charged towards her with alarming speed. She glided to the side, her body twisting as she did so, then slammed a kick down, catching the Bull’s first punch beneath it.

She had hoped that gesture would be enough to get him on the defensive, but her opponent was relentless and continued to throw himself at her. Viper dropped to the floor, evading his wild swings. If she was going to strike, it had to be now. Poison gathered into her fist. She shot her blow towards his chest. It never connected. Her body was halted by a claw squeezing her other arm. She was stuck.

Viper froze and, for just a split second, confusion spread across her face. Then a small, bitter - and almost mocking - smile replaced it. Viper’s fingers were less than a centimeter away from him. “Move, and I’ll kill you,” the words bolted from her mouth. She didn’t move - didn’t even breathe - until the Bull gave his response. Somehow, she had a feeling that if he thought Viper was planning on striking him in an unfair way, she’d leave without her body intact.

mentions: Yahhah Yahhah

Thomas Wagner
User User
Thomas watched as the woman moved a few things around in the air with her abilities. He had no reason to disbelieve that the woman's abilities were as she said. Then she asked if he could show her, well he could certainly do that but he was beginning to question why she seemed so persistent as to what his powers were, then she explained and Thomas understood. As he assumed this woman was a member of Millenium it only made sense for her to want to know what Magistrate heroes were capable of so that they could better work together in the future.

"Well I could show you a little something, even though it is pretty crowded around here" Thomas said, with the crowds he couldn't really show off anything offensive though he could show off a bit. Thomas closed his eyes and started to take in some of the sun's rays, it wasn't hard with the sunnyness of the island. His skin turned green from chlorophyll, flowers began to sprout from his skin of all kinds. Thomas liked making flowers, they were about the flashiest planet he could make when it came to showing off. Roses, daisies, sunflowers, and poppies to name a few began to show off their existence with vibrant colors.

The Bull
User User
Carter attacked with wild anger until he eventually caught hold of an arm, which stopped mere centimeters from his chest. Carter stared forward through the red haze of anger. Move, and I'll kill you the threat caused Carter to grit his teeth. He might be able to rip her arm from her body before she did anything but did Carter want to chance it... No. He'd felt her powers in his side and that wasn't it's full potential he assumed. "Move, and you lose your arm" Carter returned the threat in a similar fashion. The two fighters seemed to be at an impasse for the moment.

"What's that! A tie... Well that's never happened before. I'm not really sure what to do next folks" The announcer's voice cut into the tension.

Mystery Fighting Rider X
Tags:

X.png

Just outside the tournament ground, a strange sight can be seen, what appeared to be a trenchcoat-wearing short individual rocking and bending in the wind as there arms flap about like an inflatable mascot. There face is concealed by a wide-brimmed hat as they seem to be paying attention to the fighting odds for bets placed on the tournament shift around as the matches go on, soft squeaking from inside the attire as they go about placing a bet on the shifting odds of one particular fight. Unbeknownst to those around them however inside are two large ferrets puppeting the attire with mild difficulty and a series of levers pulling with each movement.

As the masked fighter dances around behind the girl there is a faint turning of their head as they hear something in their ear and starts to act once more putting a foot out around the side of Olie to continue there testing just out of sight to allow their own movement potentially trip them, placing a hand behind them to prevent them righting themselves once the process begins then jumping back to go back and forth on the spot with several new poses "You are lacking, for Justicsu you must be more than a hero, the difference between a hero and a superhero?" several more poses before holding one arm shooting to the sky "Presentation!". They were clearly now having more fun with this than they should but things could always change.

The scene goes on with the crowd slowly becoming bored at the girl just standing there not choosing to do anything, after a few minutes there seems to be a somewhat sag of the shoulders of the masked individuals before actually throwing a kick into their side with a modicum of force to start the ball rolling. Seeming now somewhat disappointed they appear to be changing tactics a bit.

Last edited:
PlusUltra PlusUltra

Ollie grew calmer as the match dragged on. Although confusing and frustrating, it seemed that the suited hero was doing little more than playing around. Ollie heard something, causing her to turn around. She felt something against her leg, causing her to reactively lift her leg to avoid tripping. She came to face her opponent, wondering if their invisibility had limits. She knew she would never make herself visible if she had that ability.

A slight breeze brushes past, cooling down the sweat covered Ollie. She isn't quite sure, but she thinks she detected a level of boredom from her opponent, before being met with a kick to their side. Finally, Ollie thought to herself as she launched a hook towards the now motionless leg. It wasn't a lot of energy, but Ollie was growing tired. She never expected a fight like this when she signed up for the event.

Mystery Fighting Rider X
Tags:

X.png

Bending their knee the hook meets the kneecap, the fighter redirecting the force to lift spring themself upwards and throw a kick to their face and jumping back once more. The fighter definitely wasn't faster in the movements they used but it was clear they saw the blow coming a mile away, the way it was telegraphed and expected had them moving before it was even swung. Suddenly using the fact all their movement was stopped, they begin to push once more and somersault away. The show would go back and forth with force being given, pausing then the counter-attack from Olie being matched with superior skill and prediction despite seeming to have more force and speed than the fighter themselves. After a while, though with a satisfied look, the Fighters head turns once more as if listening then seems to not move in time and takes the blow but it appears to meet with equal force resisting it nullifying the action in return.

Several moments of silence as Olie finally landing a blow with the fighter staring at them but the way of talking changes entirely "Well bit boring at first but interesting, might check in later for a fun time but my times up for now. Maybe try work on the guts and skill part". Suddenly the fighter appears to be flung back as if the blow had a delayed reaction flinging them from the ring to tumble over giving Ollie the win, the fighter then getting up giving a bow and wave before vanishing into the tunnel from which they came.

Outside with the Trenchcoat wearing individual, they appear to be counting a substantial amount of money while waddling away from the betting booth, intending to soon meet up with the masked rider and seemingly vanishing from the scene. Sometime later there would be a tied up individual found stuffed into a locker in his boxers within the tournament changing rooms, when the gag was removed they would rapidly start complaining about someone taking there costume leaving to much confusion abound.

PlusUltra PlusUltra

This is the fight Ollie wanted. Her opponent was finally entering into a back and forth brawl with them. With each strike, Ollie became faster and stronger until, finally, Ollie landed a solid blow, launching her opponent from the arena. She hadn't noticed her tunnel vision until now, which had started to subside. Ollie started to hear the crowd, then the announcer, who excitedly shouted, "And that's it! Ollie lands a blow that ends the match with a ring out! This leaves me wondering if she held back. A blow like the one she landed in her first match certainly could kill a regular person. Either way, Ollie wins her second match as her opponent takes their defeat gracefully, even giving a bow to the crowd! Incredible! Only one match left, Ollie versus Tsukaima! Which will take place after a rest period for the fighters."

Ollie took this time to make her way to the rest area. A healer healed them, returning their stamina. A few minutes later and Ollie was signaled for her final fight. She made her way out onto the arena as the announcer called her name once more. Her last match showed her how things could go horribly wrong, so Ollie figured she'd try something different this match. She smiled at her opponent, giving a wave as they made their way to the arena. The announcer signaled the start of the match. Ollie dashed immediately towards her opponent, hoping to goad them into striking. Though she stopped before reaching her, knowing she would have no options without a boost of energy. She was able to catch Tsukaima's last match, though she wasn't sure how she could use anything she saw, or even if she learned anything useful, she was mostly in awe of how the other skilled fighters fought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back