• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern troubleshooting. . . [interest]

arly

he/him
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
3709e8a2728c46ff1500c30975c9ca90.gif

Need a background check on someone? Suspect your husband of cheating? Afraid of your wife finding out about your affair? Hell, just want someone to do your laundry for you?

The Troubleshooter's Office is here for you! Any problem you have, we're here to fix—provided you can pay up!

You may be asking yourself, "do the people running this office enjoy their jobs?" And to that we ask back, does anybody? Or you might be wondering what our rates are—and honestly, if you're turning to us you probably don't have any other choice, so go ahead and worry about the money later!

We'll see you soon! And remember, happy troubleshooting!

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f386c5970416e5542555879516e673d3d2d3837303031313136302e313630613061373762613862323761373232393035343036343434332e676966

The people who work at the Troubleshooter's Office aren't private investigators. They aren't losers who can only manage to make money doing odd jobs, either—actually, some of them might be, but their job itself isn't as clear as it might seem on the sketchy flyers.

Because the job of the Troubleshooters is to kill monsters, and the rest comes as a shady way of making ends meet.

It's a secret that's been mostly well-kept, due to a combination of government intervention and most of the witnesses not being alive to testify, but whatever you call them—monsters, demons, the sign of the end times—they're entirely real, and they've been running rampant. With the increase in missing persons cases, the American state has oh-so-graciously provided just a bit more funding to their U.P.C.U. (Unidentified Phenomena Containment Unit) and relocated them to the location of the most supernatural activity. This location just happens to be New York City, where even the supernatural never sleep! Maybe the spike is from the dead dreams of starving artists...?

The Troubleshooter's Office is the home base of those U.P.C.U. members, though with such a small unit, they don't make up all the staff. The rest are mostly New Yorkers who just happen to have the skills to do the dirty work and the desperation to live off peanuts while still keeping quiet. The Unit Officers provide information and equipment, and their so-called contractors carry out the rest. Maybe they'll even save New York while they're at it. Or, maybe they'll just keep living through the rat race, with an added bonus of finding dry cleaners who can deal with monster bloodstains.

4e52ef8a14425ca463c730a40f8bcd73.gif

// okkk if you are aware of it you may have realized that this is (pretty loosely) inspired by gokurakugai, as well as similar media such as chainsaw man; of course, none of that is required viewing in the slightest, but i like to be transparent in my unoriginality. basically, we'll be following the employees of the troubleshooter's office as they fight off supernatural beings while also trying to pay rent. you can be either an assigned government officer or one of the contractors. in a really cool perfect world where this rp gets off its feet and gets some commitment, there will be an overarching story to the events, but since that's a lofty dream, we'll likely plan to start off in a more monster-of-the-week format.

i'm shit at rules; be chill, able to write at least a paragraph, and a person with a discord account for ooc, then we'll be good! also, as far as group members, i didn't put any roles or official count but i find a smaller group system preferable, and will likely cap things off at around 8 players (which could very well be wishful thinking tbh)

as far as lore and world-building, since this is pretty brief i'm sure there are questions, and feel free to ask! i don't want to get bogged down in world-building, though, so try not to worry about the minutiae. you can probably already tell that i don't have a lot of details decided, and that's mostly by design—there's no fun in building a big complicated world for an rp without collaboration! so if you have any ideas you think might fit this idea, they're totally welcomed. i plan on things coming together with a bit more detail once we begin discussing and have some characters, but as always character driven > plot driven, so you'll need to be ok with keeping things somewhat simple on that end.

i feel like i've droned on too long! i'll make a discord server after a couple folks show interest. come along if you feel like it!

WOAH there are a lot of you

BLESS YOU ALL FOR THE INTEREST! here's a discord link if y'all would like to hop in and start discussing things further- anyone can feel free to join !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back