Advice/Help trouble with ideas and sub-plots

amberskies

delicate
i really love incorporating tons of drama and angst by coming up with other small scenarios aside from the main plot but sometimes my brain just physically comes up empty. this roleplay is set in an american high school in the 90s where a group of teenagers are targeted by a masked serial killer (basically a scream (1996) au). there's so much potential since they're hormonal high schoolers, but i was hoping to come on here and see if other people had suggestions either on what to include or how to think of more ideas (preferably the former though im not picky!)

examples of what we've done include a chemistry project, an ex waltzing back into a characters life, giving the girl his sweater after someone spills a drink on her, football games, a character suspected as the killer, things of that nature. just basically things that make the roleplay fun or fluffy without forcing the main plot to advance if we're not ready for that. thank you so much for reading !

So I’m assuming you are looking for campy ideas?

I recommend the Teen Creeps podcast for ideas. It goes over essentially campy teen stories with killers (they review books in that genre).

The tropes I remember that you haven’t mentioned

- Dreams
- Evil Twins
- a past crime surfacing and leading to current shenanigans
- red herrings that are basically just people being jerks to the main characters
- people pretending it’s all supernatural (ex. Ghosts)
- there actually being ghosts/supernatural entities
- repeat plot points (dumb protagonists are HUGE in this genre)

So I’m assuming you are looking for campy ideas?

I recommend the Teen Creeps podcast for ideas. It goes over essentially campy teen stories with killers (they review books in that genre).

The tropes I remember that you haven’t mentioned

- Dreams
- Evil Twins
- a past crime surfacing and leading to current shenanigans
- red herrings that are basically just people being jerks to the main characters
- people pretending it’s all supernatural (ex. Ghosts)
- there actually being ghosts/supernatural entities
- repeat plot points (dumb protagonists are HUGE in this genre)

that's really helpful, thank you!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back