• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Tribulations of the talented (i may have seen a puddy tat)

NeonFlow

The one who made Aerth
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
"That's the grand titan friend, you can tell because It has the Weitree on its back and the fact that beast is the largest titan known to man... it's said everything we know came from the tree on that big flying whale. But no one can be sure of that, I doubt anyone has stepped foot on that beast in the last three hundred years."
xenoblade-chronicles-2-review-1512048101241.jpg
Trials of the talented and titans (T3)
Is set in a fantasy world of magic, monsters and machines, the various races live on giant flying beasts called titans.
Titans come in all shapes and sizes but most of them are so large that building a city or two on their backs wouldn't bother the beastie at all. In fact some Titans enjoy the symbiotic relationship and have learned to communicate with the population.
However as time past and humanity reached a peak in technology... Some titans grew sick and weak, it became common for Titans to fall into the sea below to be reborn in a different form.

This is believed to be the humans fault,
It was humans who mine the titans for resources...
It's humans who built machines powered by the life force of the titans...
Worst of all it is humanity that forced these giants into battling each other...
Most titans are empathetic to the races, wishing to help however they can even at the cost of being weaponised or killing other titans.

Needless to say the titan wars have taken countless lives big and small. How these wars were fought often came down to the talented and their armaments. You see someone who is talented has raw potential inside them, this inherent magic swimming in their blood is used to unlock and bond with Core Crystals, Primary stones, Key gems... they all do the same thing.
Resonate with a talented person to create a weapon and a avatar capable of thought and magic.
A armament or "living weapon" is able to empower one with talent and help them perform amazing feats in battle.

Control the elements!
Dodge or even slice bullets in half!
Feats of super human strength!
it's rumoured some can even predict the future...

This story begins on a smaller titan named Dorrat in a city with the same name, Dorrat is being hunted by the Gortone Empire with the goal of claiming a healthy titan ripe with resources.
Dorrat is faster then the dying titan chasing it, but the Gortone have sent Airships to begin the assault.
You and others who happen to be talented are quickly forced into defending your home. Be it your first battle or one of many the odds are overwhelming and to repel the forces of the empire requires more than teamwork and magic.
You'll need a bit of luck and a whole lot of gusto.

Ask questions or show enthusiasm below, Post requirements at a minimum are two paragraphs twice a week.
The amount of players that are required to start shall be four and the cut off shall be seven or eight.

You may notice this is somewhat inspired by xenoblade 2. I can't deny that but as I haven't finished the game yet I promise I haven't ripped it off entirely.
Mostly just blades, titans, a plot revolving about finding a giant tree that can supposedly fix everything and...
Yea this might just be a home brand version of XC2....

I have a story to it though.

CS page is here

Last edited:
I’m inch rested! So what exactly are the Talented then? Are they just defined by their potential for magic and other superhuman feats? And the armaments are just a manifestation of that potential? Or is it something different? Also to throw something in there could I potentially play a Titan as well?

The talented are called so because they can bond/resonate with a magic crystal/stone/gem which in turn makes a avatar and a weapon. The avatar is the one who can do all the cool stuff but they are able to empower the talented they have bonded with.

So if Bob had a crystal which resonated with him. Say a sword and a talking lion able to manifest fire forms from said crystal then the lion could grant Bob the ability to shoot fire.

A avatar can be almost anything, from a animal or a human or even a humanoid robot looking thing made of precious metals. The weapons and magic they use are somewhat random, from spears, knuckles, swords, a rifle etc etc.
Some magic will be reserved for NPCs for example predicting the future wouldn't work as I would need to tell said player with that character what will happen or said character dodges everything EVERY time cause "foresight yo"

As for titans yes you could but I'd rather everyone make a bipedal character before they start taking control of living landmass aha

Last edited:
Hey thanks, I'll tag you on the cs page.
Here's hoping a few more people consider the same thing and this starts within a week or less aha

Cs page is up, if you have any questions please ask them here or in a pm

Suppose I'll write a bit of lore.

The world is all water, how that came to be is probably global warming but No one alive has solid proof of that. For xxx amount of years people have lived on giant flying monsters called titans, these titans are so large that entire ecosystems have developed on their bodies.

Humans are humans, they made technology an whatnot.
Elves are the sort to live off the land, they are known to have the most talented and be the most knowledgeable about magic, botany and the titans.

Beastkin are the most unique of the races as the word beastkin is a umbrella term used for any sentient animal. Some have wings some have claws, some are stronger than the average human/elf and some are more frail. Mixed bag really.

Humans made cannons and guns that use blast powder or even the gases of titans. Coincidentally these flammable gases used for weapons are a important part of keeping airships afloat.

Last edited:
This was made a while ago so I'll admit now my original plot isn't the same as it once was if this starts up aha

This was made a while ago so I'll admit now my original plot isn't the same as it once was if this starts up aha
What're the changes? I still feel like I'd enjoy an RP that has some of the same elements if it's not completely disconnected.

Its the same, just my plan was made two years ago so its not "exactly " the same. But everything on the check still paints the picture im after

Users who are viewing this thread

Back