• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Tribulation RP

Protagonist

One Thousand Club
I was thinking I'd like to start an RP based on the biblical tribulation, or more accurately, based on tribulation fiction based on the biblical tribulation. Unlike most fiction of the genre which take place about 20 minutes from now, our RP will start in the year 2113, and have a sort of cyberpunk style to it (sort of like Deus Ex meets Left Behind or the Christ Clone Trilogy, especially the latter). Existing technologies include Cybernetics, Genetic Engineering, Sentient AI, Force Fields, Nanotechnology, and Giant Mecha. There's even a Moon Colony.

Our story takes place 5 years after the Great Disaster, a single event where a 3rd of the world instantly dropped dead. Governments fell, economies collapsed, and the world fell into chaos. In an effort to reestablish order, an international relief effort known as the Global Confederation has been established. It was initially very successful, managing to put the world back on its feet. However, over the last 2 years, one particular political leader known as Daniel Zale has started to rise in power. Some fear that he is highjacking the organization...and they're right. Zale has established a global currency, and a global secular religion (it's essentially a religion which worships a very vague idea of 'humanity' rather than any cosmic force) run by the newly appointed minister of propaganda, Father Adama. Zale's policies include surveillance, global disarmament (especially of civilians), state-controlled banks, and suppression of non-Adamist sects.

Not all people in the GC like this, particularly ones of the suppressed groups. Having become fed up, multiple world leaders have formed hidden cabals in an attempt to overthrow Zale. Little do they know that the following conflict will see the fulfillment of ancient biblical prophecy.

Our RP will mostly revolve around Cabalist Agents, and will have us doing sneaky, espionage style things. Sneaking contraband into this place, meeting with this guy to get information, starting revolts here and there. That sort of thing. As well, we'll be witnessing major disasters occur and attempting to provide relief.

I'm going to bump this RP real fast so more people see it.

Would this plot interest anybody?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, this sounds incredibly interesting... I just have one question before I sign up: what would be the appropriate length of a post in this role play?

[QUOTE="Dear Inspector]Hmm, this sounds incredibly interesting... I just have one question before I sign up: what would be the appropriate length of a post in this role play?

[/QUOTE]
About 5 sentences (A single paragraph), I think, would be a fair minimum. The maximum is 2 chapters. If you write more than two chapters, I'm going to be most unhappy.

Sounds good! I'm a fan of long posts, but I'll try to resist the temptation to go over the limit. :)

[QUOTE="Dear Inspector]Sounds good! I'm a fan of long posts, but I'll try to resist the temptation to go over the limit. :)

[/QUOTE]
Very good! I'll be awaiting your CS. I'll have to be making at least a few CSes myself...

Great! I will definitely be able to get a CS up today... I may have to place its creation on hiatus for a few hours while I deal with some inevitable activities that must be addressed beforehand, but I doubt that will take too long!

[QUOTE="Dear Inspector]Great! I will definitely be able to get a CS up today... I may have to place its creation on hiatus for a few hours while I deal with some inevitable activities that must be addressed beforehand, but I doubt that will take too long!

[/QUOTE]
There's no rush :)

I seem to be unable to reply in the forum... It's probably some tiny detail that I've managed to overlook, but... Help?

Hmm... It's not even offering me a reply box. It just states, "(You have insufficient privileges to reply here.)"

Thanks! I have absolutely no idea why it's doing that... Hope it will get fixed soon, though. I'm rather excited to begin this role play. :)  
Oh, I figured it out... I had to join the forum before posting. Sorry about all of that; I have never done a forum role play before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back