• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Trial Run of Soon To Be Book-verse

Lycan Queen

IMG_4549.JPG

(Also posted in fantasy group interest checks. Testing world building by throwing people with no prior attachment in and turning them loose.)

Hello everyone. I'm sure if you've come this far, then the title on this interest check has caught your attention and you'd like an elaboration on what exactly this is. Well put simply, I am currently working on a fantasy themed trilogy currently being labeled "Rise", in reference to a war preceeding the series that is essentially how this world came to be. (If you want an elaboration on that feel free to include it in your message.)

As of the past couple years, my work on this project has consisted of mostly character creation and world building, so as of now, only a prologue and species guide that needs heavily edited exist as any physical proof that this is being turned into a book with sequels. To get straight to the point though, I'm at a point where I'm needing outside views and advice on the work I've currently done to see how it can be improved. I have pretty much made the arrangements and plotted out a group roleplay with a simplified version of the first book's plot, with a ready map with open exploration being possible. My hope is that by running this roleplay with new eyes as participants, I can see just how I can better my world and kind of just get feedback on what people think about the universe I've created while also kind of getting inspired for the actual writing of the story by seeing how spontaneous interference changes what I had planned.

1.) This would firstly be done in a Discord server I have already prepared, with various channels accounting for OOC, actual roleplay and changes in location, character compendiums, and an ever changing rules and guidelines channel that will help you understand how things run and answer questions as they come up.

2.) This would essentially run as a written dnd campaign, with rolls determining your success and helping guide the course of our story. So as in real life, you may not be so lucky and fail sometimes.

3.) This rp is intended for rapid fire, third person responses. But please don't think this means that I'm not looking for people who typically do para or multi para reply formats. This is to test you as a writer to make real time decisions as well as be a fun challenge for us all and eliminate the stress of composing long replies and holding the progress of the story back.

4.) This in mind, organized times will be necessary for us to do this. Don't worry though, I'm very lenient on frequency and we won't be doing it so often that anyone would be left behind, and I fully intend to make sure everyone is available before beginning each session. Please know however that this means time zones could be a problem and if they can't be worked around then you may not be able to take part in the sessions. They will be determined by when the majority is available but I promise to do everything I can to include everyone.

5.) You get to make your own character based on the available playable species from my list, so be creative! It'll be fun!

I think that wraps up the basics. With that said, message me if you think you could participate or would just like to ask questions and have me elaborate on something. You would be helping a struggling author. Thank you for your time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back