• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Trial By Fire - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Sherwood Sherwood

I took the Tempered by the elements merit. I took it without thinking much of it since I was just trying to spend the points.

To that end as I read it, (Water) might be too broad of a term for difficult terrain.

If your okay with me switching it, I got a possible story thing it could relate to. Or would it be possible to pocket those merits for later?

So, sorry, i just lost the thread a little bit, who is talking to who right now?
In my mind it was Rivers and Bard talking in one part of the ship's deck. Spider, Maja and Kuaidao talking somewhere else, and Thallus observing. Or is the boat small enough that they are easily within conversational distance?

Just want to know if we're all here now that people are beginning to properly introduce themselves as Exalts

I had envisioned that the six of you were up at the bow of the ship, and would all be within close distance of one another.

The Bull of the North is a notable Solar Exalt of recent years in the game. He and his circle waged a bit of war with the dynasty up here in the North not too long ago.

The Bull of the North is a notable Solar Exalt of recent years in the game. He and his circle waged a bit of war with the dynasty up here in the North not too long ago.
I meant like if she was comparing someone to be like the bull of the north.

Sherwood Sherwood I made my last post with the assumption that the map you provided is the one we use. If we used the 3e map, the Silver River is not quite as long.

Oh, Maja was referring to Kuaidao, though I now realize it's ambiguous whether she was referring to Kuaidao or Bard.

She has just been told Kuaidao is a 'Dawn Caste Solar' and Spider is a 'Sword of Luna, an Exalt of the Full Moon Caste'. She doesn't know what either of those are, but she knows Luna is the moon and Solar means 'of the sun'. She's heard the Bull in the North calls himself chosen of the Sun, and the Immaculate Missionaries say he stole the Sun's power, so in her mind Kuaidao must be the same as the Bull in the North. They're both generals and warriors, so it fits her mental model. She would likely presume Bard was the same, but I was operating on the erroneous assumption that only Spider and Kuaidao were close enough for conversation at the time.

I'll have a IC post up shortly to begin the trip up the river.

Sherwood Sherwood

I took the Tempered by the elements merit. I took it without thinking much of it since I was just trying to spend the points.

To that end as I read it, (Water) might be too broad of a term for difficult terrain.

If your okay with me switching it, I got a possible story thing it could relate to. Or would it be possible to pocket those merits for later?

Tagging this for you again Sherwood Sherwood in case you missed it or forgot.

There are many Merits that would be a good fit for you, but if you wish to take that one, I have no objections to it. I do not want you with a few floating unassigned Merit points to be allocated at a future time. I don't expect that you would try and bend the rules, but this way it avoids even the appearance of something bad going on.

There are many Merits that would be a good fit for you, but if you wish to take that one, I have no objections to it. I do not want you with a few floating unassigned Merit points to be allocated at a future time. I don't expect that you would try and bend the rules, but this way it avoids even the appearance of something bad going on.
I'm perfectly open to suggestions!

I took strong lungs cause I figured it could be a good merit a performer might have.

One I was thinking about taking instead was the Well-Bred merit. Given he is from a dynast house, maybe I could play it later for some story arc involving his family. Like maybe one of the houses want him for some political or marriage reason.

Lol also, I dont know enough about the rules to bend them. I'm fumbling groggy eyed through them as is.

Sherwood Sherwood
"A Lunar can increase her dice cap with stunts, adding her rating in a second Attribute — one appropriate to the stunt — to her rating in the one the action uses to determine her total dice limit."

May i use stunt my dice cap up to INT+PER with my description as she is peering at the details of the bird?

Also, i bank the insight points i roll. I can spend them later reflexively as i need them.

How many Merit points are you looking to assign?

Sherwood Sherwood
"A Lunar can increase her dice cap with stunts, adding her rating in a second Attribute — one appropriate to the stunt — to her rating in the one the action uses to determine her total dice limit."

May i use stunt my dice cap up to INT+PER with my description as she is peering at the details of the bird?

Also, i bank the insight points i roll. I can spend them later reflexively as i need them.
You have the two extra dice and one extra success from your stunt, along with your Excellency. That should give you plenty of dice/successes along with the one you're getting from your Willpower to have a good bank of points to use.

Some two dot Merits you might consider:
Familiar
Eidetic Memory
Resources

All of those can be of use if you want to go a different route.
The problem with eidetic memory is I'll forget what he is supposed to remember :3

And also can never go wrong with resources!

A familiar would be fun though. And I think the 2 dot ones are the ones the delve into the fun species.

Lol The photographic memory can be helped out by looking back in the previous posts, and I am willing to give the occasional hint about something you may wish to remember.

The resources can be very useful.

And finally, a two dot familiar is a useful creature, capable of doing a lot, depending on what kind of creature you pick.

Up to you.

I could probably use some suggestions for familiars, since I'm not all that familiar with Exalted fauna yet. But could always go with something mundane and exotic like a pair of cheetahs to show off.

Resources could be nice. But I think I could have fun earning that IC with performances.

All else fails, I'll go with well bred. Since cant go wrong with more story opportunities.

You could go with some mundane creature that has a magical ability to it. Like a cat with wings that can talk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back