• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Trial By Fire - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Sherwood Sherwood

Given that Silver Voiced Nightgale style uses voice and sound rather than weapon or fist... would strength still be the governing attribute for damage and dexterity the governing attribute for accuracy?

The style essentially gives the attacks the properties of a light artifact weapon (if the user is a Solar. As per mastery tag)
I believe so. It would make sense to have all the MA styles work on the same mechanic.

I believe so. It would make sense to have all the MA styles work on the same mechanic.
Alrighty.

Also, I had meant light artifact thrown weapon.

Now given that none of us are starting with any artifacts. That might be a little unfair for the others.

Would you like me to start without the Mastery Tag? So that its effects are in the mundane groups?

And then get to Mastery tag later as I might find any appropriate artifact for doing so.

The Charm is fine as written. It will not horribly overbalance the game if you have a killer voice before anyone else gets a Daiklave. After all, it does take Essence to activate every time you want to use it.

The Charm is fine as written. It will not horribly overbalance the game if you have a killer voice before anyone else gets a Daiklave. After all, it does take Essence to activate every time you want to use it.
Where does it say you use essence to use a kaio attacks? Or were you talking about the form?

And would it be possible for artifacts instruments to effect things in any way?

Ah, after reading the initial Charm, you will only have the stats of an Artifact weapon when you master the style with all the Charms. Otherwise, it has the stats of a light thrown weapon.

Yes, with an artifact instrument, I'll let you pull some good stunts and bonus effects with them.

Of course you are a fierce killer. Here, have a cookie. <Pets head like a cute kitten>

Ah, after reading the initial Charm, you will only have the stats of an Artifact weapon when you master the style with all the Charms. Otherwise, it has the stats of a light thrown weapon.

Yes, with an artifact instrument, I'll let you pull some good stunts and bonus effects with them.

Are you sure? The mastery tag said you just had to be Abyssal or Solar.

Mastery: This keyword denotes Charms that have a
greater effect when used by those Exalted who are masters
of mortal Abilities: the Solar and Abyssal Exalted. The
Sidereal Exalted, peerless masters of the martial arts, have
their own esoteric methods for accessing these effects.

Hmmm. I was under the impression that it was requiring you to 'master' the style.

Lets do this. I will give you the stats of the light artifact weapon on your yell when you have the Form Charm in effect.

Once everyone gets their own artifact weapons, I'll allow you to use the yell at full strength without the Form Charm being in use.

Hmmm. I was under the impression that it was requiring you to 'master' the style.

Lets do this. I will give you the stats of the light artifact weapon on your yell when you have the Form Charm in effect.

Will that be temporary or changing the tag?

Also! I dont mind starting out without the Mastery tag for the kiai charm. Even with the form. I can wait until it is appropriate to power up.

For example, I could say that rather than years of training in a dojo, since he was already an accomplished musician, when he reached his exaltation his power flooded into his music.

And as he learns to merge the power and music. He doesnt yet have Mastery. So it might take a while to really get the hang of it.

Syvvaris Syvvaris Do you want to put your character sheet up in the thread with the others or leave it between us? If you post it, the others can help provide you with some helpful feedback.

D. Rex D. Rex How is work on your character coming? Anything I can help out with?
Sparse. Being laid off leaves me less time to focus on working on the CS. Funnily enough, spending more time at home means more for me to do lol.

I need to even out my abilities a bit. Sense I used all my BP to buy abilities and the one dot in stamina. Might refund a few of those for some extra willpower, sense it looks like social and performance uses a lot of willpower.

Then I got to decide on charms.

Make combat calculations.

And the write my backstory.

How is everyone doing tonight? D. Rex D. Rex Any progress on your character? Syvvaris Syvvaris Did you want to post your sheet in the character thread or leave it off of there? Which would be easier for you?

How is everyone doing tonight? D. Rex D. Rex Any progress on your character? Syvvaris Syvvaris Did you want to post your sheet in the character thread or leave it off of there? Which would be easier for you?
Doing a little bit of work on it.

Switched around a few stats.

Recording some of the charms down now.

Pardon the slow progress.

Not a problem. I just don't want to lose the excitement I have for this by waiting too long to start. But don't let me rush you. Take the time you need to in order to make your sheet just right.

Hey Sherwood Sherwood . Is it too late to make a minor adjustment to my sheet? I was thinking of switching my totem form from a scorpion to a spider. Is that ok?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back