• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Trial By Fire - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Not going to Lie, you guys may need to guide me through this. (Since this isn't a simple roll a die and add modifiers kinda combat system)

Sherwood Sherwood

Minor error in the initiative calculation.

Battle Anthem would give them;

1 initiative per turn
+1 initiative gained from withering attacks
+(Essence) bonus die to attacks.

It is only under Soul Voice that they get 2i per round. I do not have that charm yet.

Sherwood Sherwood
Can I roll Intelligence + Lore to see if Kuaidao knows anything about River Krakens? Assuming that they would have been mentioned in Scarlet Empire history, such as one or two having to be exterminated, or a Dynast attempting to slay one in single combat.

Sherwood Sherwood
Can I roll Intelligence + Lore to see if Kuaidao knows anything about River Krakens? Assuming that they would have been mentioned in Scarlet Empire history, such as one or two having to be exterminated, or a Dynast attempting to slay one in single combat.
You can give it a shot.

What you would know about this creature is that they are a scourge of the waterways, using broken ships the same way that a hermit crab does with a seashell to hide its body from view as it hunts for other ships. They feed on just about anything that they can get their tentacles onto, and are hard to kill. One thing that makes them particularly deadly is that they can emit a fog-like gas that can knock out mortals in a similar way as the Mists of Eventide spell. Exalts are usually immune to this effect.

I lack a Lore Ability, and I come from the desert so it is highly unlikely that I would know anything about these things.

Nope. No clue.

What do you want to do? You can continue to hold, or you can act on what you see.

A River Kraken sounds pretty large. I'm guessing I can't grapple that unless I go sacred hunt a giant squid or something.

Can I instill ties of fear in it?

Is there enough evidence for Soul-Piercing Predator Gaze to work?

Soul-Piercing Predator Gaze
Cost: 6m; Mins: Perception 3, Essence 1 Type: Simple
Keywords: Protean
Duration: Instant
Prerequisite Charms: Exquisite Heart’s Taste

The divine predator uncovers her prey’s weaknesses. The Lunar makes a special read intentions or profile character roll. If successful, the Storyteller reveals that character’s most significant weakness to the Lunar’s player: syphilis plaguing a master swordsman, a Dynast’s overwhelming debts, a merchant prince’s poor reputation, a Wyld monstrosity’s vulnerability to ash wood, etc. She may seek to find a character’s greatest weakness in general, or in a specific arena. However, there must be evidence, no matter how scant, from which she can infer this information. She gains a temporary specialty in exploiting this weakness in an Ability of her choice. It lasts indefinitely, but she can only have one specialty granted by this Charm at a time.

Protean: In a human or animal shape that her target has a Tie of fear towards, the Lunar can use Exquisite Heart’s Taste at no cost to penalize his Guile with that Intimacy.

You can't grapple creatures with the Legendary Size special rule unless you have a charm that specifically states that you can or is Legendary Size yourself.

You should be able to intimidate it though

A River Kraken sounds pretty large. I'm guessing I can't grapple that unless I go sacred hunt a giant squid or something.

Can I instill ties of fear in it?

Is there enough evidence for Soul-Piercing Predator Gaze to work?

Soul-Piercing Predator Gaze
Cost: 6m; Mins: Perception 3, Essence 1 Type: Simple
Keywords: Protean
Duration: Instant
Prerequisite Charms: Exquisite Heart’s Taste

The divine predator uncovers her prey’s weaknesses. The Lunar makes a special read intentions or profile character roll. If successful, the Storyteller reveals that character’s most significant weakness to the Lunar’s player: syphilis plaguing a master swordsman, a Dynast’s overwhelming debts, a merchant prince’s poor reputation, a Wyld monstrosity’s vulnerability to ash wood, etc. She may seek to find a character’s greatest weakness in general, or in a specific arena. However, there must be evidence, no matter how scant, from which she can infer this information. She gains a temporary specialty in exploiting this weakness in an Ability of her choice. It lasts indefinitely, but she can only have one specialty granted by this Charm at a time.

Protean: In a human or animal shape that her target has a Tie of fear towards, the Lunar can use Exquisite Heart’s Taste at no cost to penalize his Guile with that Intimacy.
You suspect that since it is a natural creature it should be able to be afraid of something. Get it close enough to death, and it's own natural survival instincts will kick in and it will probably retreat.

You have not had enough contact with it to know if the Charm will work or not.

Right, I know I can't grapple giant things. I just didn't know if it had Legendary Size. It just sounded large, since it eats ships.

I added the one to your initiative track for next round already. Or do you mean another one besides that?

Can I also roll lore for the Kraken?

Also What's DV mean?

And if I'm correct, with a Soak of 15 that means we have to get over 15 successes to damage it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back