• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Trial By Fire - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
According to the email that I got from Onyx Path Publishing about my Exalted Essence kickstarter, it looks like that the next class of Exalts that they are going to come out with is the Exigents. I was hoping for the Abyssals next, but I'll settle for these. Once they start a fundraiser for them, I hope to be able to jump in on it.

Ah, sorry - after I landed back in the US my sleep schedule was all upside down, I had lots of work to catch up on, and I caught a cold. I'm doing fine, just tired and I haven't had much free time. I'll try to catch up here today or tomorrow.

Ah, sorry - after I landed back in the US my sleep schedule was all upside down, I had lots of work to catch up on, and I caught a cold. I'm doing fine, just tired and I haven't had much free time. I'll try to catch up here today or tomorrow.
Welcome back.

So just to confirm, because I'm kinda having trouble keeping track of everything going on here, is the First Age flying fortress we're looking for upon this floating mountain?

Nope. Its inside it. It is what is making the mountain fly in the first place.

No. She had not given details on that yet. All you know is that there is supposed to be a massive fortress here that is capable of holding thousands of people in it.

IC post is forthcoming; I have a lot of errands to run today.

One of the many gifts that sprits and little gods have is the ability to measure the wind
Essential Mirror Nature, like its Solar equivalent Flawlessly Impenetrable Disguise, can technically only be contested by Eye of the Unconquered Sun level magic or stronger, so your average god's Measure the Wind wouldn't cut it, but this is Maja's first time using the Charm so it's more fun to say she messed it up, or the god used it on her before she tried to disguise herself. It would make perfect sense for the MtW condition for this god to be 'anyone who touches my tree' or something, and a bird transforming into a person might have attracted her interest.

Essential Mirror Nature, like its Solar equivalent Flawlessly Impenetrable Disguise, can technically only be contested by Eye of the Unconquered Sun level magic or stronger, so your average god's Measure the Wind wouldn't cut it, but this is Maja's first time using the Charm so it's more fun to say she messed it up, or the god used it on her before she tried to disguise herself. It would make perfect sense for the MtW condition for this god to be 'anyone who touches my tree' or something, and a bird transforming into a person might have attracted her interest.
I had missed the use of Essential Mirror Nature. That was on me. I was just thinking that Measure the Wind would reveal enough details about you to be able to identify you as an Exalt. I can edit the IC post to correct my whoops if you'd like.

No problem. Don't forget, even though I am a phenomenal Storyteller, I do on rare occasions miss things. Please don't hesitate to politely give me a nudge to fix any mistakes I make.

And I just hurt my shoulder trying to pat myself on the back like this. lol.

Kuaidao: Considering the moral issues/dilemmas related to the use of the flying fortress.
Maja: Is conversely looking into ways to move the fortress.

:closed eyes open smile: Look, the crazy star lady said Maja needed to move the flying fortress to save the world. These people should have considered that when they built their houses on a flying fortress thousands of years ago.

Plus, it's a flying fortress. What is she going to do? Not turn it on?

Melinda looks over at Kuaidao and asks, "Without a crew, how did you expect to be able to operate the citadel? It needs people to make it work, and the interior space is large enough to comfortably house all the people on the mountain here and have room to spare. We need an army to fight the Deathlord, and these people need a place to live once we declutter the outside of the Titan. I see it as a winning situation all around."

So just to make sure that we're both on the same page here:
  • Provided we can persuade the locals to relocate to within the Citadel - and subsequently join us in our war - with an argument other than "We are Celestial Exalted, you must obey!", I'm fine with this way of doing things. I will admit that to me, it did initially read like Melinda was willing to just drop the mountain out of the sky if it meant getting to make use of the citadel, regardless of what might happen to the locals.
  • In terms of the whole "army" thing, I was kinda under the impression that the Icewalker Tribes would form the vast majority of our ranks, and that Kuaidao would be capable of whipping them up into a force capable of resisting the Deathlord.

I will say that the threat of the Deathlord is one that will require a sizable number of troops to be able to stand up to it. The Icewalker tribes are not going to be enough to put a stop to the army of the dead.

Also, I must say that I am loving the roleplaying of everyone! This has been a lot of fun for me so far, and I look forward to seeing how you guys handle the moral dilemma of what to do next. Thanks, everybody!

Just to give everyone a quick heads up: I'm getting ready to go visit the in-laws across the country in Virginia for the next six days starting tomorrow morning. I'm going to be traveling all day tomorrow, but I am going to be bringing my laptop to keep up on the game in the evenings when things are winding down.

I'll try and get another post out either tomorrow or this weekend. Work got somewhat busy today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back