• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Trial By Fire - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
lol I just noticed that, and have edited the initiative order. You are up. Sorry about that.
No worries. Currently at work, but I feared that you might unknowingly skip over me and start the next round, seeing as besides Kuaidao and Spider, it's just Storyteller characters in this fight.

Because you're an Essence 3 Edit: Essence 2 Dawn you reset to 54i instead of the usual 3i after a Decisive. If you Dipping Swallow instead of excellency your defence, that puts you at 65i. 65i isn't huge, but if the target doesn't have a lot of hardness and you roll decently well it can still hurt enough to create wound penalties, you'll just reset back to 54i again if you hit, and it doesn't even cost you your turn.

Skip it if you don't have the 3m to spare, but otherwise it's basically a free decisive attack.

Last edited:
Because you're an Essence 3 Dawn you reset to 5i instead of the usual 3i after a Decisive. If you Dipping Swallow instead of excellency your defence, that puts you at 6i. 6i isn't huge, but if the target doesn't have a lot of hardness and you roll decently well, it can still hurt enough to create wound penalties, you'll just reset back to 5i again if you hit, and it doesn't even cost you your turn.

Skip it if you don't have the 3m to spare, but otherwise it's basically a free decisive attack.
Thanks again. I think I'll hold off on doing anything else with Thok's attack though, if only because A) I want to get some sleep now, and B) it's 25 minutes past midnight where I am.

Sherwood Sherwood

I should point out that, as stated in the Mechanics section of my last IC post, I was planning to use One Weapon, Two Blows if I managed to get Thok's Initiative below Kuaidao's. I was simply waiting to see if your calculations matched my own with regards to damage and the like.

You were a little off on the initiative number for Thok, but your numbers were good. If you have the Charm ready to go, let it rip and see what kind of harm you can do to the guy.

7i damage, giving me +13i and my earlier Charm lets me make a reflexive Decisive attack. I'm somewhat confused with the wording of the Charm, though. It sounds like I don't roll my full initiative pool, but just one for the Onslaught penalty. Am I reading that right?
Sounds about right. Go ahead and roll your 1 die for the penalty, and on your next round you will have a bunch of dice to roll for a Decisive attack.

You were indeed reading that correctly, but Thok's onslaught penalty was 5 at that point. Since his DV had refreshed he had been attacked by Spider, Kuaidao twice, Rory, and Spider again.

Thanks for the correction. Psychie Psychie , you can roll four more dice for your damage. That might just be enough to tip him over to being dead.

Awesome victory, guys. Everyone is awarded 3 xp and 3 Solar/Lunar xp for the rewarding fight, and for Random Word being so patient sitting it out.

Well, I'm glad you enjoyed it. It was a good fight, showing that you guys are a bunch of tough cookies.

It has just been a while since any IC posts have taken place, and I don't wish to have the game die off.

It has just been a while since any IC posts have taken place, and I don't wish to have the game die off.
Okay. Looking at the previous posts, I'm thinking that I was waiting for you to describe the results of the Charisma + Presence rolls Random and I did.

Heads up; I am out of the country and without constant access to WiFi. Odds are that I won't be able to reply here for a week.

Thanks for the heads-up. We can wait until you are back home. Travel safe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back