• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Trial By Fire - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Being thrown out against the Haslanti league.

Good thing I bought the Mastery of Small Manners Charm!

I wouldn't be worried about the Fae either. Nights Sweet Whisper is an instrument that devastates Fae resolve, and deals aggravated damage against them with my martial art.

I'm prepared either way!

If you guys want to do the airships and fun stuff like that, I'll just need to do some quick reading up on the Haslanti. I know a little, but not enough for this.

Don't let that dissuade you from going that route, though. I am more than willing to roll with it.

Maja can be persuaded to stick with the meeting of the tribes, especially if Kuaidao is doing the persuading. She just hates Raksha and mistrusts anyone who would willingly associate with them, and it would be out of character for her not to at least try to oppose this course of action. I as a player have no opposition to Rory and his tribes as allies whatsoever, but Maja would need to be sold by someone on the idea that people who make deals with fae do not equal evil, or overruled by the group at which point she'll grudgingly go if only to make sure everyone isn't in danger. She'll probably fly around overhead in bird form or skulk around in shadows looking for treachery.

That is entirely fine with me. I just need to know what path you guys want to take.

In terms of Kuaidao's thoughts, I imagine he'd be somewhat opposed to the Fae, though not to the extent Maja is, simply because he would have been raised to believe that Wyld-touched things are not to be trusted. On the other hand, the pragmatic part of him would prefer to get as many allies as possible before facing the Deliverer and the Tinkerer, and to that end he might be willing to work with the Fae, provided they aren't too unreasonable. But if they prove otherwise, such as by demanding prisoners as tribute in exchange for help, he's going to put his foot down.

Also, I reread this post and saw that it'll take "some weeks" before everyone's gathered. The way I see it, that gives us enough time to go to the Haslanti League and speak with them, before returning to Rory's village and talking with the tribes/Fae. I say we all go together; if Kuaidao's going to start training people, it probably makes more sense to wait until the entire army's assembled. I also imagine it should be safe for us to be gone for a bit of time, assuming that no more Abyssals were detected on the magical map.

Now I just need to figure out something evil for Jaydude's botch. Oh, so many possibilities.

I'm gonna drop a bombshell here: I wasn't aware until now that we were actually forging on with the timeskip to morning. I thought the majority of players were still discussing things during the evening of the party, simply because Rykon's the only one who actually referenced the skip in their post. If I had known what was really going on, odds are I would have written my posts a bit differently. Namely, I'd have written what Kuaidao would actually be doing the next morning, and also accounted for the skill check taking place during that time, rather than during the festivities.

As we all know, the shape of time is Jeremy Bearimy. We are both at the party, and not at the party the following morning, depending on which scene you'd like to write at the moment.
1625007785589.png

I don't know if Sherwood had any plans of his own, but in any case, I came up with my own idea of what a botch could look like under these circumstances:

If Kuaidao noticed an absence of people over fifty years old, he thought nothing of it, or at least didn't see it as anything to be concerned about. At one point during the evening, he was offered a drink of some dark, yellowish and foul-smelling liquid by one of the young women of the tribe, and took a generous gulp of it without asking what it was, or even taking a good look at it. Whatever he had been given, its taste was very strong and a little bitter, but not unpleasantly so.

"I'm glad you like my drink!" the woman. "Hardly anyone here wants to try my fermented mammoth's piss recipe!"

Kuaidao blinked. "Did you say you put 'fermented mammoth's piss' in this?"

"Alongside the alcohol." replied the woman, before suddenly noticing something. "Are you okay? Your caste mark seems to be shining."

"It's fine." replied the Dawn, remaining serene despite how he was currently fighting a strong urge to throw up. It wasn't that it tasted bad - if anything that just made things worse - it was the fact that he'd drunken..."I just wasn't aware that mammoth's piss could be used in drinks."

"Oh, the rest of the tribe are all the same." replied the woman, acting as though this was entirely unreasonable. "They think I'm an idiot, but I say they've got no sense of taste. That, or they just want to live up to the Realm's 'unwashed and uneducated savages' stereotype..."

Kuaidao politely excused himself from the woman, then quietly slipped away from the festivities and into the wilderness. Once certain that he was out of sight of anyone from Rory's village, he doubled over and vomited. Excessively.

"What...what in either hell or the underworld could have possessed you to make you think that creating drinks from mammoth's piss was a good idea?!" he gasped once he was done, silently cursing the delusional woman and her lack of sense, as well as himself for not detecting that something was off about the drink when it was offered.

And now, it is time for some wonderful xp!

Drum roll, please!

2 xp and 2 Solar/Lunar xp!

Ta dah!

Before I forget to chime in, I agree with Jaydude, I don't think we need to rush.

Aside from the practicality of Kuaidao taking the mantle of champion away from the fae to rally armies, do we have a preference for who the challenger from our group is?

The only advantage Bard has is the anti-fae pan pipes. They will do aggravated damage in his hands, and decimates their resolve. But he isn't as combat geared as Kuiadao,.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back