• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Trial By Fire - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
So far he's only seduced Mahina. Everyone knows Terrestrials don't count. Mortals double don't count. Even if she were so inclined, Spider wouldn't get jealous until Bard starts adding Celestials to his harem. Bard still needs an Abyssal, an Infernal, a Sidereal, a Getimian, an Alchemical, an Exigent, and a Liminal to complete his set. He better get cracking.

Fae! That means a chance to do some epic pan piping.

So far he's only seduced Mahina. Everyone knows Terrestrials don't count. Mortals double don't count. Even if she were so inclined, Spider wouldn't get jealous until Bard starts adding Celestials to his harem. Bard still needs an Abyssal, an Infernal, a Sidereal, a Getimian, an Alchemical, an Exigent, and a Liminal to complete his set. He better get cracking.

Terrestials count, but you just need the entire elemental collection to count as one.

I'll get cracking the first chance I get. Lol Bard has too good of a heart to take advantage of good people bewitched by his words. So its easier said than done.

Also! He needs a solar in the harem as well. Bard doesn't count.

I just realized it now as I re-read it.

But Bard might have just described Spider as he was trying to describe a beautiful wife.

This was clearly me hinting at how the Solar Lunar bond has affected Bard to such a degree that he inherently compares any female to his lunar mate and subconsciously holds her as the standard to which all should be judged.

It surely was not entirely me just noticing a random coincidence and making a deeper meaning of it because that is what I do with convenient things. Not at all.

Dang, I hadn't considered going to the Haslanti League until now.

Anyway, I'm gonna hit the sack now. Or at least try to. Not exactly feeling up to IC writing at the moment.

I don't know if we all want to keep the IC discussion going or skip ahead. Still, as much as I'm willing to respect our Storyteller's guidance and wishes, I do feel that at the very least, we should address the matter of whether to reach out to the Haslanti League, or rather our characters should do so.

Personally, the main thing that might make me hesitate to try getting the Haslanti League involved is that I don't quite know where we are in relation to them. All I really know is that we're somewhere in the North, presumably close to the North/East border. But I'll defer to Sherwood Sherwood : How long do you imagine it would take Bard to travel to a Haslanti city and talk to them?

Some of that depends on how he decides to travel. The fastest way would be to have one of the Lunars that can shift into a large flying form and soar over the various land obstacles and encounters on the road. Or you can try Melinda's Stormwind Rider spell again. Using one of these methods would take about a week to get to a Haslanti city.

Well Bard won't be going anywhere without Spider. Who else would be needing to go meet the Haslanti League?

Also what the Haslanti League?

Well Bard won't be going anywhere without Spider. Who else would be needing to go meet the Haslanti League?

Also what the Haslanti League?
Kuaidao, possibly. His and Maja's backstories both suggest that he has some level of respect among them, given how he helped fend off a group of Raksha in the area. But seeing as Kuaidao doesn't have the Influence Merit, I can't see this amounting to much.

As for your second question, I'll just use this quote from Chapter 1 of Essence, which I feel is good enough for a quick explanation:

"The Haslanti League is a loose coalition of city states in the far North united through their inheritance of lost-wonders of mechanical technology, including repeating crossbows and ultralight feathersteel. The league dominates trade in the region with iceships gliding across frozen sea and airboats plying the Northern skies."

I think another thing I'm wary about is potentially creating more world-building work for Sherwood Sherwood . I don't know how much time's already been spent on these Icewalkers.

I had originally expected to have you try and unite the northern tribes, but if you guys want to leave that to Rory and go off on another adventure, you are welcome to do so. I don't want to railroad you in one direction or another.

I had originally expected to have you try and unite the northern tribes, but if you guys want to leave that to Rory and go off on another adventure, you are welcome to do so. I don't want to railroad you in one direction or another.
Well if you're sure you're fine with it, I've got no objections, assuming everyone else is as well. Then again, I'd kind of like it if we had more to offer the Haslanti than just Bard's presence.

Well if you're sure you're fine with it, I've got no objections, assuming everyone else is as well. Then again, I'd kind of like it if we had more to offer the Haslanti than just Bard's presence.
If we can't find enough coins to rub together we can always fall back on good ol' elbow grease. I'm sure they have their own struggles we can lend em a hand on.

If we can't find enough coins to rub together we can always fall back on good ol' elbow grease. I'm sure they have their own struggles we can lend em a hand on.
Perhaps. Though I'm more thinking in terms of proof that the dead are coming.

Perhaps. Though I'm more thinking in terms of proof that the dead are coming.
Like that mountain of Soulsteel loot we just picked up? I think Bard did burn the bodies themselves, but their gear should speak for itself I'd think.

I don't think we'd have to actually gift it to them either.

I am fine with going out as a team to try and get other nations to join our budding coalition of forces to fight the Deathlord. I must say that Maja did raise a good point; how does the tribes maintain a truce with the Fae in this area? Props to Random Word for picking up on that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back