• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Trial by Fire - IC Thread

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Bard and Spider

At Mahina's campsite, things are winding down from the excitement of the attack of the rock wolves. Milo slowly lowers his sword as he looks around warily, searching for any signs that the pack is coming back. When it is clear that the backbone of the attack has been broken with the death of the alpha wolf, he turns to look at Spider and says, "You move with speed and power that is impossible for a mortal. I want to know exactly, what are you? An Outcaste? God Blooded? Or are you one of the Celestial Exalted?"

Mahina lets out a slight chuckle. "My dear Milo. Do you really think that an Anathema would risk being here, in the presence of so many Dragon Blood? She must have some spirit blood in her."

Milo does not look convinced, and he continues to stare over at Spider. Without taking his eyes off of her, he then says, "And what of your new favorite toy? Did you not see him use Essence to attack the wolf? They may both be Anathema!"

Mahina places her hands on her hips and looks at her brother with a scornful look, but you can both see that the seeds of doubt have been planted. The wrong word here can start a whole new fight.

What do you do?

Bard responded with a smile to Milo as the dynast tried to stare down Spider. "I already told you earlier that she was no mere mortal, remember?" He chuckled. "She is a potent woman, and that well earned might just saved your men a great many injuries." He looked at Spider with pride. "As I said, there is no power that she did not earn."

The wiley solar then place a hand on his chest, "I said that too, didn't I? Of what I did. My chant of words was not simply for dramatic effect. Relax, my friends. Relax."

"As for me, that explanation is much simpler and much more direct. And it ties into the performance of both myself and her." Rather than seeming worried, Bard took his sanxian and sat by the fire. At the very least they could be confident he wasn't going to flee.

With the strum of a few calming notes, he explained. "There is more to strength that that of muscle alone. And there are many a martial arts that explore such ways. What I used was not essence." He said completely honestly, "That was called a kiai shout. It is a technique mastered by monks of the Silver-Voiced Nightingale Style. It involves mastering the flows of ones life force of one's own body, the spiritual and physical discipline. We call this energy ki, and in my style we unleash that ki as an outward projection of kinetic force. That is what you seen. I assure you that it is entirely mundane, and within the realm of any mortal to learn should they train. "

"But I also want you to remember what was felt. For a master of my style can do more than project ki as a destructive wave, but use it through sound and rhythm to invigorate the ki of those I feel strongly to. What you felt when the fight began, you didn't feel essence... but instead something else, a quickening. You felt your inner strength be drawn forth. Such is the way of the Silver Voiced Nightingale."

Bard gestured at Spider, "She has been with me for a long time, and is familiar with this quickening. And I am much for familiar with her ki, that is why my techniques had a much greater effect on her. [Playing back to Bard transferring the temp WP to Spider]."

"I told you, we are treasure hunters and adventurers. If we were but your average peasants, then we would not be where we are now. All the trials we faced, they helped us grow and become greater. You don't think we would have accepted your job if we couldn't defend ourselves, did you?" Bard then laughed. "But really, Mahina, Milo, we are here to help. We ARE friends."

(Used a few callbacks of seeds I planted earlier. Would you like me to make a roll in calming them down?@sherwood)

Maja and Kuaidao

By now, it is starting to get late, and the sun is setting down behind the mountains, dropping the already low temperature even lower. But as you press on, you are approaching the third pass and off in the distance, you can see the flickering lights of many campfires; you are close to the camp the Dynast force. It is clear that they are taking some time to dig in and fort up. It will be difficult to approach the camp unseen since they have done a lot of work clearing the trees to make palisades. They seem to be ready for trouble.

Kuaidao first looked for banners, or any other sign that indicated whether the camp was Lahor's or Mahina's. If he failed to see any, he'd turn to Maja.

"Do you think you could turn into a bird and fly around that camp?" he asked. "I want to know who they are before we try and cause them problems."

Maja nods and takes wing, flying in a wide arc around the camp and relying on the owl's excellent night vision to pick out details from a distance. She may not recognize Dynastic heraldry, but she can describe it flawlessly to Kuaidao. She also keeps track of how many tents she sees, and evaluates the snowpack in the pass to judge how effective an avalanche might be before returning to Kuaidao's side to report in.

Spider and Bard

D. Rex D. Rex Please give me a Manipulation + Performance roll, with two extra dice and one free success added on for the stunt of your soliloquy.

Maja and Kuaidao

Maja's quick flight shows that the Dynasts are in the process of putting up a defensive position in which to camp the night. You would estimate that their numbers are roughly 500 to 600; just about right for what you were told about before that Sesus Lahor has with him. There are several tents already set up, with a larger one in the center of the place with a large banner flying above it. Maja doesn't recognize it, but she can describe it well enough to Kuaidao that he can identify it as the symbol for House Sesus.

Looking at the pass, it is very heavily packed with snow. It would just take a bit of work to get it moving, but once done, it would be impossible to stop, and at the least would block a sizable amount of the pass and at most would completely close it off for months. No telling just how badly it would be for the men and women in the pass when that happens.

Random Word Random Word Please give me a Perception + Awareness roll

4m Perception Excellency
Perception 5 + Awareness 3 + Stunt 2 + Ex 4 = 14; 7 hits
-1 to any penalties to difficulty from darkness due to being an owl

Sherwood Sherwood
Dice
Man+per:11
Stunt: 2

Charm: masterful performance exercise (2mt)
Reroll 1s

Sux

Roll: 4
Stunt: 1
Charm: 1
Unsurpassed Sanxian: 2

Total sux: 8

Maja and Kuaidao

Flying about the camp, Maja spots several smaller banners that you don't recognize, but she is able to describe them to Kuaidao well enough for him to be able to identify them. These are the personal banners of seven other Dynasts that are following Sesus Lahor on this little hike. This would indicate that there are a total of eight Dragon Blooded there, with Lahor being the most powerful one in charge.

Spider and Bard

Bard's carefully chosen words seem to reach Milo, and he finally slides his daiklave home into its sheath. He then turns and walks over to the body of the rock wolf and nudges it with his toe, and finally says, "You must understand that in these troubled times, one can never be too careful when dealing with the threat of Anathema. These demons can be anywhere, hiding in plain sight, waiting for their chance to strike. They wish to set the world on fire and watch it burn, and with the strife in the Blessed Isle, the Wyld Hunt has been crippled as more and more resources are being pulled back home to fight for position to take over the empty throne, leaving the Anathema free to plot."

Mahina goes over to her brother and puts an arm around his shoulders and gives him a squeeze. "I am sure that no one blames you for being cautious. Bard? Spider? I do hope that there is no hard feelings over this. Milo is a good man, and is just doing his part to keep us all safe."

Maja drinks in every detail of the camp beneath her and its surrounds - they may not mean much to her, but the memory stone will let her recount them in perfect clarity for Kuaidao. He'll know what to do with it. As she completes her circuit she dives, transforming in a flash at the last moment to land on her feet and skid through the snow, coming to rest right beside Kuaidao with a grin, "Done!" She proceeds close her eyes and from her relived memories detail everything she saw about the layout and size of the tents, the defenses, the people she saw, what they were wearing, what was on their flags, and what they were doing, as well as answering any questions Kuaidao has.

When she's done she looks up at Kuaidao expectantly, "So, what now? If I don't watch this pass they'll march right through it before we get back."

"I agree." said Kuaidao. "Let's bring this pass down, then whatever else happens, we'll have at least bought ourselves some time, and perhaps irritated them a bit."

Maja and Kuaidao

Flying about the camp, Maja spots several smaller banners that you don't recognize, but she is able to describe them to Kuaidao well enough for him to be able to identify them. These are the personal banners of seven other Dynasts that are following Sesus Lahor on this little hike. This would indicate that there are a total of eight Dragon Blooded there, with Lahor being the most powerful one in charge.

Spider and Bard

Bard's carefully chosen words seem to reach Milo, and he finally slides his daiklave home into its sheath. He then turns and walks over to the body of the rock wolf and nudges it with his toe, and finally says, "You must understand that in these troubled times, one can never be too careful when dealing with the threat of Anathema. These demons can be anywhere, hiding in plain sight, waiting for their chance to strike. They wish to set the world on fire and watch it burn, and with the strife in the Blessed Isle, the Wyld Hunt has been crippled as more and more resources are being pulled back home to fight for position to take over the empty throne, leaving the Anathema free to plot."

Mahina goes over to her brother and puts an arm around his shoulders and gives him a squeeze. "I am sure that no one blames you for being cautious. Bard? Spider? I do hope that there is no hard feelings over this. Milo is a good man, and is just doing his part to keep us all safe."

With a grunt, Bard stood up again. "Do not worry, Master Milo. I really understand. I was the child of two Dynasts. While I did not grow up in the Realm, the West had its fair share of dangerous oddities. We were lucky to have Admiral Peleps Ruu to look after us out there."

""There are a great many dangers in this world. And I have come across many myself. But not all of them were anathema. As a matter of fact. That is one of the reason I left my Island. A calamity came, an unnatural being of the deep ocean. Ruu lead the hunt to protect our island, she and her fleet did her best to drive it back to no avail. Fourteen dragon blooded scions stood against the formless being that sought to devour us. They weathered it all, and planned to sacrifice themselves for us, hoping to sate its hunger. But as the calamity reared its maw to swallow everything, a man stepped forth. The taboo mark burned on his brow, he stood upon the rocks of our island and brandished the power of the sun. We were afraid, as we believed things had gotten worse. But the anathema added his might to Wyld Hunt, and with his light, struck the calamity down, forcing it back to the depths of which it came."

"Knowing full well the position he was in, and what he was, the anathema did not flee. The Wyld Hunt was torn, for the Anathema saved their lives, but they could not let him live as per their duty. To make matters worse, the people were cheering blasphemy. They stood between the anathema and the Hunters, refusing to let them pass. About to turn on them. Yet it was the anathema that calmed the people. It was the anathema that gave himself to the Wyld Hunt and kept the peace. It was the anathema that assured the islanders that the Hunters were good and just, and they were heroes that deserved praise and not scorn. The anathema knew what needed to be done, and did not put blame on the Hunters. He only asked that they did what they needed swiftly."

"And with a smile, he stood upon the same rocks that he had saved the island. Admiral Peleps Ruu did the deed. She raised her flame piece to his head, and pulled the trigger, and his lifeless body fell from the cliff to the sharp rocks below. I saw tears in her eyes for the hard decision she has to make. To do her duty regardless of her feelings."

"What should have been a celebration of victory, was instead a sad day. Even the Princes of Earth wept, feely quilty for what they should not have. I could not believe my eyes that the Wyld Hunt would ever do that."

"I understand it more now though. To those in the Threshold, the Wyld Hunt has always put off the air of inquisition. That we fear saying a word out of line would give them an excuse to brand us as anathema. Taking a zealous glee in every death they caused, quilty or innocent. Over my travels I have met more than a few like that. Yet my eyes were opened that day. That most are compassionate individuals who care more about the people of Creation than any else. They put themselves in harms way just so a single mortal life can be defended. They Hunt anathema, not for glory, but to keep those people safe."

Bard patted Milo on the shoulder, "I know you are a good man. I believe you are one like that. It is not often I come across those with the blood of dragons that even notice us. Most see us as insects, and turn up their nose as they pass by. But that you two do care, does give me great hope."

"And that hope is needed now more than ever. Ever since I have left the islands, signs and patterns have emerged that I never could see before. Between the instability of the Realm, the great Houses vying for power, agents of Heaven talking to one such as me, and other cracks in creation. I have a feeling that something big is about to happen. I know that it will be very bad. And I have a very strong feeling that anathema will not be cause."

Sherwood Sherwood
(May i make an instill action on Mahina and Milo reduce their negative tie toward anathema? And may I use a read intentions action to see how strongly they negatively view anathema?)

Last edited:
Maja shakes her head, eyes hard, fists clenched. "No. You said there were eight of them, at least. I'm not giving up a chance to seriously hurt or kill some of them. I'll stand watch until they break camp, probably early tomorrow morning, and then bury them when they march through. They won't catch me."

(May i make an instill action on Mahina and Milo reduce their negative tie toward anathema? And may I use a read intentions action to see how strongly they negatively view anathema?)
Yes, go ahead.

Anyway. Let's see if I can do this roll right.

For weakening negativity of Anathema for Milo, I am hoping Bard's story will target a relevant positive intimacy for the people to cancel out all or some of the bonus he would get to resolve from intimacies regarding the wyld hunt or hatred of anathem. The Story being an example of how it is not impossible for Anathema to have good in them, and that a cold hatred of them without empathy is not the only path.

For weakening of negativity of Anathema in Mahina, Bard is hoping to target an intimacy relating to her wanting to help the people to cancel out or overcome some of the penalty from a intimacy regarding negativity towards Anathema. With the Story setting an example of how even Anathema have the potential to do great good for the people and are capable of working with the Dragon Blooded.

For Milo: 5cha+5pre+1spc + 2stunt + 2excellency

For Mahina: 5cha+5pre+1spc

Bard has Appearance 3 where applicable.

Read Intentions on how they feel about Anathema by gauging their reactions on discussing them.

Milo: 2per+5soc
Mahina: 2per+5soc

Roll Successes:
Weaken Milo: 10sux (8sux if penalized for multiple targets)
Weaken Mahina: 4sux (3sux if penalized)

Read Milo: 3
Read Mahina: 3

Maja shakes her head, eyes hard, fists clenched. "No. You said there were eight of them, at least. I'm not giving up a chance to seriously hurt or kill some of them. I'll stand watch until they break camp, probably early tomorrow morning, and then bury them when they march through. They won't catch me."

"I've no doubt of that." said Kuaidao, smiling as he recalled Maja's shapeshifting abilities. "Okay. If you're truly fine with that, I'll head back to the fortress."

Maja leans in and gives Kuaidao a long kiss goodbye, then transforms in a flash and takes wing to alight high in the pass overlooking the camp. She settles in for a cold dark vigil, but is surprised to note she doesn't really feel the cold at all. Perhaps the fire of this fury that drives her to relish the thought of falling upon the buried Dynasts to tear them limb from limb serves to keep her warm. It's unsettling to hate something with such intensity where previously she felt... nothing.

Spider's response to Milo's apology is to give him a grin as she wipes her blades clean. "Hey, I understand. Things are crazy right now, with those demon Anathema running about. I can't say I blame you for being suspicious, but what Bard and I have been telling you is true. We're not the enemy here, and we are both still willing to help you find your way to the prize at the end of the valley. Trust me, you'll love it!"

Bard and Spider

With the tensions between the two Dynasts and the two Celestial Exalts being eased, the soldiers relax and start to go about cleaning up the campsite from the body of the one rock wolf that has been sliced up in their midst. Mahina gives the two of you a smile, placing a hand on Bard's shoulder in obvious affection. Milo gives Spider a long look, then nods. "Yeah. Sorry for my angry words. It is just that I have seen the horrors of the Anathema before - one that was from the Underworld. It took us weeks of hunting to track him down, and the fight to end his life was brutal as he kept using some vile necromancy to raise up the fallen to fight against us. Many died in that battle, but we were finally successful in killing him. It has left a bad taste in my mouth for dealing with such monsters."

Bard can tell that his efforts to ease the level of hate that Mahina has for the dreaded Anathema is easing, but it is a hard thing to completely eliminate. You are successful in reducing her Principle of that to a Minor one.

Milo is a tougher nut to crack, with his hate of the Abyssal Exalted being very strong, and he is lumping all the Celestial Exalted into the same category as his one foe that he fought before, thinking that all the Anathema are basically the same. His hate of the Deathknights is a Defining one, but you have eased his feelings against the Solars and Lunars to Major.

Maja

If you are interested in burying the Dynast force in the pass with an avalanche, it will take you a while to wait for them. It is now full night, and they have set up their camp some distance away from the pass and have no plans to move until morning. If you are still wanting to do that, the wait will give you more time to weaken the rocks to prep for a much more devastating effect of the avalanche.

Kuaidao

It is a long hike back to the fortress in the dark, and it takes you most of the night to get back. As you hike up towards the front door, you can see that there is a man standing in the path, looking up at the doorway. He is a real mountain of a man, standing seven feet tall, covered in heavy furs to protect him from the cold. One of his legs has been replaced below the knee with a wooden peg, and his head is covered in long locks of bright red hair that stick out from under his knit cap. A golden daiklave and a shield are resting on his back, marking him as some sort of Exalt. He is shouting up at the fortress in some northern dialect that you don't understand, shaking a meaty fist in the air.

He has not seen you.

What do you do?

Who the hell is this man?

That was Kuaidao's first thought when he saw the stranger, before his eyes were drawn to the other man's orichalcum armaments.

Another Solar? Can't say I'd really complain much. But what's he doing here, and how did he stumble upon this place? Well, I suppose there's little I can do besides talk to him.

Starting to approach the other man, Kuaidao rested a hand on Guardian Host's handle, and called out to him in Skytongue. "Hey! What's with all the shouting?"

Bard and Spider

With the tensions between the two Dynasts and the two Celestial Exalts being eased, the soldiers relax and start to go about cleaning up the campsite from the body of the one rock wolf that has been sliced up in their midst. Mahina gives the two of you a smile, placing a hand on Bard's shoulder in obvious affection. Milo gives Spider a long look, then nods. "Yeah. Sorry for my angry words. It is just that I have seen the horrors of the Anathema before - one that was from the Underworld. It took us weeks of hunting to track him down, and the fight to end his life was brutal as he kept using some vile necromancy to raise up the fallen to fight against us. Many died in that battle, but we were finally successful in killing him. It has left a bad taste in my mouth for dealing with such monsters."

Bard can tell that his efforts to ease the level of hate that Mahina has for the dreaded Anathema is easing, but it is a hard thing to completely eliminate. You are successful in reducing her Principle of that to a Minor one.

Milo is a tougher nut to crack, with his hate of the Abyssal Exalted being very strong, and he is lumping all the Celestial Exalted into the same category as his one foe that he fought before, thinking that all the Anathema are basically the same. His hate of the Deathknights is a Defining one, but you have eased his feelings against the Solars and Lunars to Major.

Bard released a relieved sigh, smiling as he feels Mahina's hand on his shoulder. He reaches up and lays his hand atop hers, squeezing it gently. "You have nothing to apologize for, as I said, you are a good man. I know your intentions were noble." Yet as Milo spoke, Bard began to frown.

"The Underkind. I know that of which you speak. The anathema of anathema. No... they are the true anathema. So beyond the will of creation they hail from the land of the dead. The very embodiment of the rejection of creation. Slaves to that very ideal. The most horrible tales a bard can tell are of those wed to the..." Bard shook his head slowly. The word escaped him, but he knew he knew. Just thinking about them he could feel memories hung low in fog beyond recognition.

"I am sorry for what you had to go through. All who died that day were heroes. I can not imagine how many more countless lives they saved due to all of their sacrifice. I wish to hear the story one day, so that I may compose a ballad in their honor." Bard gave Milo a sincere smile. "But do not let it sour your heart. Darkness sings a grisly tune, it will drain from you your passion and love until wish to sing along. Yet whistle a melody of your own, and let be known your light an resolve."

"Now. What say you we actually get ourselves a good rest, eh? Between the hike and the fight, I think we all deserve as much. A feast of exotic meat and the revels of victory. A memory of an adventure to be treasured as our days go by."

Bard and Spider

Things in the small camp settle down and everyone fills up on a hot meal of rock wolf meat. It has a rather exotic taste to it, but not entirely unpleasant. When your meal is finally over, most of you settle in for a chilly night's sleep, but a pair of the soldiers are staying up to keep watch over the sleeping camp. Despite Bard's best efforts to try and help keep Mahina's bedroll warm, she demurely turns him down, forcing you to curl up in your own blankets.

There is no other surprises to threaten the campsite, and come morning, the campfire is stoked to help keep the chill at bay while a hot meal is prepared for everyone, just the thing you need to keep your energy up for the hike to the Invisible Fortress.

Maja

Sunrise marks a flurry of activity in the Dynast camp as the soldiers work to quickly break it down and prepare to move. During the night, your keen eyes were able to spot a few boulders that are perched on the edge of the pass that could be used to trigger the avalanche that you are looking for. It shouldn't be long before the troops you are watching are on the move and are in the pass for you to bring the rockslide down on them.

Kuaidao

The large man in front of you spins about, eyeing you carefully but not drawing his weapon. He says, "Ach, who are you? I am Red Rory of the steppes. Did that lass call for you to come here, too? If so, perhaps you can get her to open the doors and let us into this place! So far, no one is answering me to open up and let me in!"

Kuaidao raised an eyebrow at the man's remark, wondering if Melinda had been in contact with him as well.

"Kuaidao, of the Blessed Isle." he replied. "And I was indeed directed here by a young woman. If I may ask, what was the name of the one you spoke with?"

Maja sits perched on a haggard wind battered pine in her snowy owl form, watching the tiny figures below quickly, efficiently, meticulously go about the work of disassembling camp. They were so small, so insignificant from this height. They looked like mice gathering materials for their burrows. They looked like prey. And the most delectable of all soon revealed themselves, resplendent in shining jadesteel and preceded by bright standards unfurled in the fresh light of dawn.

They made no effort to conceal themselves, and why should they? They were the rightful rulers of Creation, descended from their mighty palaces to excise the monsters with the temerity to crawl out of the meagre shadows at the ends of Creation to menace her people. Mighty palaces built on a foundation of countless bones ground to dust, where they feast on the choicest, fattiest cuts from still-living servants force fed and ecstatic to offer themselves up to divinity, and when they're done they pick their teeth clean with the bones of those multitudes too scarred and emaciated by a life of ceaseless toil to offer anything else before their remains too are ground down to build that palace just a little bit higher. To say she hates these Princes of the Earth in that moment would almost be a comical understatement, so completely does it fail to encapsulate the depth of her feeling. They are her bones, and those of everyone she ever loved, and everyone of their blood piled ten generations high, and still they amount to nothing more than a grain of sand in a grand edifice of death and misery carried on the backs of the living, whose weight crushes their souls just a little bit more every day, whose enormity eclipses the very concept of freedom, leaves no room for anything at all beyond survival.

It's too much. She falls from the tree, returning to her human form mid-fall, and scrambles behind a nearby rocky outcropping, pressing her back against it. Her jaw clenches painfully, teeth grinding, knuckles white and pinpricks of blood bright red where her claws meet the palms of shaking hands. She feels sick. She can't breathe, and she can't open her mouth wider, so her nostrils flare, teeth bared, as she chokes back sobs. "NO," she screams into her mind, "That's not me. My family is fine! I've never been there. I hate feeling this way and these thoughts are disgusting!"

And what of the soldiers who accompany these righteous heroes? She chances a glance at the assembling column. That was a mistake. It's so much easier to look down upon them as a bird of prey, with so much of her mind occupied by killer instinct. Her soul can feel her wavering, and thoughts cleave through her mind like white hot lightning, bolts of undeniable celestial truth. See how at a gesture or glance they move in perfect unison. They aren't people, they're instruments of divine will. They will show me and mine no quarter, and I should return the favour.

"Fuck you," she snarls out loud, vision blurring as tears well in her eyes, whipped away as they fall to freeze in the bitter wind. "Kuaidao was one of those not-people. You want me to kill him too? I hate you for doing this to me. Fuck your revenge; if he weren't in danger I wouldn't do it," she spits bitterly as she storms over to stand beside the largest of the wind carved teeth that erupt from the side of the mountain to watch the Dragons advance, eyes hard and cold. They soften as they pass over the soldiers. Some of them are so young. Couldn't have seen more than sixteen Calibrations. Commiserating over the cold and sharing bronze cups full of mulled wine heated over the morning's cookfire, as pleasant to hold as to drink. She can't tell who she hates more: The Dragons, her soul, or herself.

The Dragon's teeth settle it. Titanic arms of storied legend slung casually over shoulders and hanging from hips, fit for singular purpose: to slay the greatest of monsters. Like her. Like Kuaidao. Anything less would be an insult to weapons such as these. Let it be so, then. She will give them what they have travelled so long to find. As she judges the greatest concentration of the shining champions of Creation to be in the direct path of her onrushing wrath she lets slip her soul to wreak what havoc it may. She casts her heavy coat aside and it dissolves into silver light. The wind whips her hair as her musculature bulges and ripples under her skin, tendons whipcord tight, fangs and claws elongated, half dozen tails growing in an instant. The mountain can feel her intent. It quivers with anticipation. The snowpack is heavy and dense, and for so long the mountain has borne its weight in defiance of the will of gravity. No longer. Today it may rest.

One may reasonably question how a figure so slight could accomplish a feat such as this. The rock could be forgiven were it to doubt that she could move it, small as she is by comparison. Yet it is wise enough to see she is not a woman but an engine of celestial might chained to fallible flesh; it will not move because of her body, but despite it. When her soul demands it move with the thunderous voice that laid low the titans that made the world, it obliges. She puts all her pent up fury into a single cataclysmic strike at the base of the rock, splitting it cleanly from the mountainside and sending it crashing into the slopes below where it tumbles end over end. Following its graceful example the snowpack slips free, running down the mountainside, her baying hounds of white roaring their approval as they course towards her enemies with reckless abandon.

She whispers, "I'm sorry."

I don't know if I even have to roll for this, but I'm going into war form and using Surging Thew Technique to get my Strength for feat purposes up to 7. That's the first breakpoint for genuinely superhuman feats of strength. I'll retroactively have bought STT instead of Bear Sleep Technique, because I do really like the bit where you can accomplish extended feats of strength in an instant or at least super fast.

If you want me to roll it will be Str 5 + Str 5 Again from Deadly Beastman + Ath 3 + maybe some amount of Excellency.

Last edited:
Kuaidao

The large man scratches at his thick beard, obviously thinking. "Ah, lets see here. It does seem to be a hard thing to remember, but I am thinkin it was . . . Belinda. No, that's not it. Melinda. Yes, that was it. She is a hard one to keep in mind, if ye know what I mean. What of you? You say a woman sent you here. Was it the same wee lass?" He starts to tromp his way over towards you, his peg leg making for some unusual tracks in the snow, coming to a stop a few feet away as he looks you over.

Planting his hands on his hips, he says, "I see you also be carrying weapons of the Exalted. Are you one of the Dragon Blooded? Or something else?"

Maja

Waiting in the cold, you watch as the camp begins to break up and pack its tents to begin the march forward once more. By the time that the column reaches the pass, you are ready to do your damage, with many large rocks already prepped to go with a good push. Reaching deep into yourself, the Lunar warrior sends the first of the boulders crashing down, causing the cascade of snow, broken trees and other rocks to go plummeting down onto the marching soldiers.

The roar of the avalanche drowns out the sound of the screams of the doomed men below as many tons of rock and snow hammer down into them, cutting the column of men in half, with a hefty amount of men crushed by the 'natural' disaster. Then, a second rockslide from the other side of the pass comes crashing down, burying the trapped men under even more snow. Your keen eyes spot the now familiar shape of the giant mountain spirit Rhabwar slipping back out of sight after lending a claw.

From your vantage point, you cannot see exactly how many men have been killed, or if any of the Dragon Blooded with the men have fallen victim to the avalanche. It will take a while for the dust to settle for you to be able to get a good look at the damage done. Do you stick around to look, or do you move out?

Spider and Bard

With morning, everyone is slow in climbing out of the warmth of the various bedrolls positioned around the campfire, but duty is a hard master and doesn't care about how chilly it is outside. Milo exits his tent, stretches, and then begins to perform some basic training katas to get the blood flowing once more, working out the kinks of the night. He doesn't say as much, but he does leave enough room next to him for Spider to join him in some light bladework.

Mahina steps out of the tent, looking about the camp and warming her hands in front of the fire, glancing over towards Bard and giving him a smile.

After a hot meal, you are on the move once more. At this pace, and the distance you have to go, you expect to be at the fortress by mid day, giving Bard even more time to work his charm on everyone.

When Milo starts to perform his exercise katas, Spider would watch him for a moment, then would go ahead and stand up in the open area next to him and draw her own blades and join the Dynast in performing some maneuvers. As she swings her blades, she keeps a close eye on Milo, trying to evaluate his level of training compared to her own. If he seems willing, Spider would be happy to spar with the man. Otherwise, once they are done working up a good sweat, she gives the man a grin and slips her blades back into their sheathes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back