• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Trial by Fire - IC Thread

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Spider's attack makes the Lunar stumble back away from Spider, and puts himself into a position for Rory to press the advantage and drive the shapeshifter back even more.

Melinda spends a moment to activate a Charm, dropping into a martial stance and preparing to fight.

jaydude jaydude is up with Kuaidao

Current Initiative Order
Round 1
16 - Maja
12 - Spider
[11- Lunar]
10 - Rory
8 - Melinda
6 - Kuaidao <====
3 - Solar
2 - Lunar

Round 2
18 - Spider
14 - Rory
8 - Melinda
3 - Maja

Deciding that the safety of his Lunar mate was the biggest concern - and also thinking that he should take out the weakest opponent to reduce enemy numbers as quickly as possible - Kuaidao rushed towards the sarcophagus, his Caste mark glowing as he swung his sword at Garrett's head.

[Withering attack. Spending 3m Peripheral Essence on Excellent Strike, and 5m Peripheral Essence + 2i on Pounding Heart Triumph. This brings my Soak down to 5, but I also get one auto-success on withering attacks for the rest of the scene. Excellent Strike also gives me one auto success and lets me reroll ones.

Including the auto successes, that's 10 successes.]

Essence: 2
Personal Essence: 16/16
Peripheral Essence: 22/40
Anima: Glowing

Committed Essence: 10

Willpower: 5
Join Battle: 7 dice
Health Levels: -0, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -3, Incapacitated
Resolve 3, Guile 2

Attacks
Guardian Host (Orichalcum & White Jade Daiklave): 14 W. Accuracy, 11 D. Accuracy, 15 Damage, Overwhelming 4 (+3 ACC, +12 DMG, +1 DEF, OVW 4) (Lethal, Melee, Chopping)
Straight Sword: 13 W. Accuracy, 11 D. Accuracy, 12 Damage, Overwhelming 2 (+2 Accuracy +9 Damage, +1 Defense, +2 Overwhelming) (Lethal, Melee, Balanced)

Actions
Rush: 10
Disengage: 8

Evasion 4, Parry 7
Soak/Hardness: 11/7 (Dauntless, Soak +8 5, Mobility Penalty -1, Hardness +7, Attune 5)

That's a hit. Her effective DV is zero at the moment since she's inside the sarcophagus. Her soak is 9. Go ahead and roll your damage.

Current Initiative Order
Round 1
16 - Maja
12 - Spider
[11- Lunar]
10 - Rory
8 - Melinda
6 - Kuaidao <====
3 - Solar
2 - Lunar

Round 2
18 - Spider
14 - Rory
8 - Melinda
3 - Maja

[Damage roll. 15 Damage + 10 threshold successes - 9 soak = 16 dice. 11 successes.]

Kuaidao manages to Initiative Crash the Solar, and gains the extra +5i for that.

The Lunar turns on Spider, his twin Slayer Khatars flashing as he shifts and grows into his own Deadly Beastman Transformation, revealing that his totem form is a massive rhino, with thick armored plates for skin and huge, bulging muscles, and a wicked horn coming out of his face. It will take a lot of punishment to bring him down.

With a powerful swing, he drives one of his fists at Spider, scoring a total of 12 successes to hit. What is your DV, Psychie Psychie ?

Current Initiative Order
Round 1
16 - Maja
12 - Spider
[11- Lunar]
10 - Rory
8 - Melinda
6 - Kuaidao
[3 - Solar]
2 - Lunar <====
Crashed - Solar

Round 2
23 - Kuaidao
18 - Spider
14 - Rory
8 - Melinda
3 - Maja

Base Parry is 6, Soak is 21.
Health Levels
- 0 [ ]
- 1 [ ][ ]
- 1 [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] - [ ]
- 3 [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] - [ ]
I

Willpower: 8 / 7
Personal: 17
Peripheral: 42 / 32 / 23
Committed: 10

Join Battle: 11 +3i successes (+5i for 3m with Sinuous Striking Grace)

Parry: 6 - +1 from the Hundred Rings
Evasion: 4
Resolve: 4
Guile: 1

Natural Soak: +5 - +2 from Beast Form Empowerment, +2 from Hearthstone
Armored Soak: +8, Hardness +7 - +2 Soak, +1 Hardness from Argent Handshake Mien
Total Soak: +13L - +2 from Beast Form Empowerment, +2 from Hearthstone, +4 from DBT

Weapon Damage
Paired Moonsilver Short Daiklaves
Attunement: 5m; Type: Light (+5 ACC, +10 DMG, +0 DEF, OVW 4)
Tags: Lethal, Melee, Balanced
Hearthstone slot(s): 2

The Hundred Rings of Hadam-Ul (Moonsilver Dire Chain - Artifact 3)
Attunement: 5m (3m); Type: Medium (+3 ACC, +12 DMG, +1 DEF, OVW 4)
Tags: Bashing, Disarming, Flexible, Grappling,
Martial Arts, Reaching

Armor
Unison - Moonsilver Reinforced Buff Jacket

The Lunar hits Spider with the power of a stampeding yeddim. The overwhelming force of the impact literally sends Spider skidding back across the floor and making your head spin. It was only the strength of your armor and your own personal endurance that kept you from taking more damage.

Inside the sarcophagus, the Solar slams her fist down on a hidden control that makes the golden case snap open, yanking her throat free from Maja's grip. Leaping up from her prone position, she drops into a martial stance, now clearly ready for a fight, even if her head is still reeling from the beating she took from Maja.

jaydude jaydude is up

Round 2 - Everyone gets back 5m of Essence
23 - Kuaidao <====
14 - Spider
14 - Rory
8 - Melinda
7 - Lunar
3 - Maja
Crashed - Solar

Calling forth more of his Essence, Kuaidao raised Guardian Host and jumped forward, his anima blazing around him as he cleared the sarcophagus. Right as he landed, he swung at Garrett with his blade, a stroke that would horizontally bisect many a lesser foe.

[Decisive Attack. Spending 7m Peripheral Essence and 1wp on Thunderbolt Attack Prana and Excellent Strike.

4 successes from dice, with an additional one from Excellent Strike.]

Peripheral Essence: 20/40
Anima: Burning

Willpower: 5
Resolve 3, Guile 2

Attacks
Guardian Host (Orichalcum & White Jade Daiklave): 14 W. Accuracy, 11 D. Accuracy, 15 Damage, Overwhelming 4 (+3 ACC, +12 DMG, +1 DEF, OVW 4) (Lethal, Melee, Chopping)
Straight Sword: 13 W. Accuracy, 11 D. Accuracy, 12 Damage, Overwhelming 2 (+2 Accuracy +9 Damage, +1 Defense, +2 Overwhelming) (Lethal, Melee, Balanced)

Actions

Evasion 4, Parry 7
Soak/Hardness: 11/7 (Dauntless, Soak +8 6, Mobility Penalty -1, Hardness +7, Attune 5)

Last edited:
This Admiral Garret is clearly trained in being able to fight bare-handed as she manages to evade the impact of Kuaidao's sword by a combination of dodging and using the flat of her hand to slap the blade aside. You came close to scoring a solid hit, but were just a touch too slow. [You lose 3i for the failed Decisive attack.]

Psychie Psychie is up with Spider

23 - Kuaidao
14 - Spider <====
14 - Rory
8 - Melinda
7 - Lunar
3 - Maja
Crashed - Solar

Round 3
20 - Kuaidao

Wiping a bit of blood from her mouth with the back of her hand, Spider smiles at her foe. This is going to be one hell of a fight, and it is just the kind of thing that she lived for. It is a real shame that these two Exalts have to be killed. If we could spare them, they could teach us so much about the First Age and how this citadel works. But this Solar Admiral is batshit crazy, and she has to be put down, and I don't see this Lunar standing aside and letting us do that without having something to say about it.

With a fierce explosion of power, Spider leaps into the air, her anima beginning to flare brighter as she focuses her Essence into her body to prepare for the impact. Coming down on her target, Spider lets out a powerful yell as her twin swords strike!
Spending 2m on Ferocious Biting Tooth to increase my Overwhelming value by 2, 1m on Unerring Fang Technique, and 5m on my Dex Excellency and 4m on my Strength Excellency. Performing a Withering Attack on the Lunar.

Dex 5 + Excellency 5 + Ability 5 + Specialty 1 + Accuracy 5 + Stunt 2 = 23 dice

21 successes to hit

Health Levels
- 0 [ ]
- 1 [ ][ ]
I

Peripheral: 42 / 32 / 16

Total Soak: +13L - +2 from Beast Form Empowerment, +2 from Hearthstone, +4 from DBT

Weapon Damage

Martial Arts, Reaching

Armor

That is one hell of a hit. His DV is only 6, but his soak is 28.

The Lunar's thick skin manages to turn the worst of your attack away, but he seems surprised that you were able to hurt him at all.

Rory continues to target the Lunar, but as he attacks, he says, "I hate to have to do this to ye, laddie, but your loyalty to that madwoman there gives us no choice. Have at ye!" He raises up his sword and brings it down on the Lunar, drawing a bit of blood but not doing enough damage to incapacitate him.

Melinda leaps into the fray against the Solar, trying to pummel the other woman with her flying fists. Her attack causes the Solar to fall to one knee, and she is now struggling to get back to her feet.

The wounded Lunar ignores his bleeding side as he swings on Spider again. Only five successes this time, not enough to score a hit.

Random Word Random Word is up with Maja

23 - Kuaidao
14 - Spider
14 - Rory
8 - Melinda
5 - Lunar - wounded
3 - Maja <====
Crashed - Solar

Round 3
20 - Kuaidao
17 - Spider
12 - Melinda
5 - Lunar - wounded
3 - Rory

Fear and rage grapple for control of Maja's heart as City-killer first seems almost unfazed by a fearsome blow to the head, then catapults herself out from under Maja, then bats aside Kuaidao's blade with her bare hand like it was an annoying insect. When Melinda puts City-killer on her knees, Maja growls, picks herself up from beside the sarcophagus, coils her legs, and hurls herself bodily at City-killer, tumbling with her into a tangle of limbs where she uses her many tails and superhuman strength to pin City-killer's limbs to let Kuaidao land a clean strike.

"You're never killing anyone ever again," she snarls.

Grapple Gambit

10/42 peripheral; 17/17 personal
10m Strength + Stamina Excellency + 2m GBE
Strength 5 + Brawl 3 + Stunt 2 + Specialty 1 + Excellency 10 = 21; 15 hits, assuming DV of 5 from Kuaidao's near miss that's 10 net hits, cut off some extra dice if it's higher
Initiative 3 + 10 = 13; More than 2 hits, grapple initiated
Control Roll: Strength 5 + Brawl 3 + Specialty 1 + Stunt 2 + GBE 10 = 21; 10 hits. City-killer gets to roll Strength + Brawl or Martial Arts to oppose this, subtracting successes from rounds of control. If she doesn't Perfect defense out, or roll 9 hits, Maja will spend 2 rounds of control to restrain City-killer, preventing her from taking her next turn.

Maja is at Initiative 1

City-killer has a -2 DV penalty from being grappled on top of her wound penalties and any onslaught, but she's a Solar, so she probably ignores all of that.

Last edited:
The Solar lets out a snarl of anger as Maja grabs her as she struggles, then her eyes widen in fear as she realizes that she's pinned at least for the next few moments and that is making her vulnerable to Kuaidao's deadly blade. She is now at an additional -2 to her DVs due to the grapple over the minuses she's suffering from her wound penalties.

jaydude jaydude is up once more.

Round 3 - regain 5 motes of Essence
20 - Kuaidao <====
17 - Spider
12 - Melinda
5 - Lunar - wounded
3 - Maja
3 - Rory
Crashed - Solar - Grappled by Maja

Grinning at the sight of Maja grappling with Garrett, Kuaidao came charging forward with his daiklave in a guard position, channelling Essence into his muscles and cleaving at Garrett's chest once in range.

[Another decisive attack. Spending 3m Peripheral Essence on Increasing Strength Exercise to boost Kuaidao's Strength Score to 4, and claiming one-point stunt. 11 successes, I believe.]

Willpower: 4
Resolve 3, Guile 2

Attacks

Actions

Evasion 4, Parry 7
Soak/Hardness: 11/7 (Dauntless, Soak +8 6, Mobility Penalty -1, Hardness +7, Attune 5)

That is a hit. Her DV is a lowly 2 thanks to Maja. Her soak is 15. Go ahead and roll your damage.

[I don't believe Soak's relevant against decisive attacks. Rolling my initiative pool of 20. 9L]

Willpower: 4
Resolve 3, Guile 2

Attacks

Actions

Evasion 4, Parry 7

Kuaidao's blade flashes out at the Admiral, and despite her struggles, she is not able to get away from the terrible edge that pierces deep into her chest, drawing a brilliant splash of crimson blood as he pulls the blade free of her body. The woman spasms then goes limp as the light in her eyes goes out, and her blazing anima fades away to nothing as she draws her last breath.

Psychie Psychie is up with Spider

Round 3 - regain 5 motes of Essence
20 - Kuaidao <====
17 - Spider
12 - Melinda
5 - Lunar - wounded
3 - Maja
3 - Rory
Crashed - Solar - Dead

Round 4
3 - Kuaidao

Seeing how the combined work of Maja and Kuaidao has taken out the threat of the Solar, Spider lets out a loud "Whooop! That got her! Now we just have to finish off horny head here!" With all of her strength and skill, she nimbly ducks under the Lunar's guard and works to bury her blades deep into the chest of her foe.

10 successes to hit.
2m on Divine Predator Strike to add 2 dice to my Decisive damage, and 5m on Dex Excellency

Health Levels
- 0 [ ]
- 1 [ ][ ]
I

Peripheral: 42 / 32 / 21

Weapon Damage

Martial Arts, Reaching

Armor

Users who are viewing this thread

Back