• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Trial by Fire - Exalted 2e OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
south-map-overview.png

You will be starting off as you arrive in Chiaroscuro.

Finally found time to translate the stats from Anathema. Hoping I can rely on you guys for social maneuvering, as I was stretching myself a bit thin.

That's where I come in. If I can't persuade someone nicely, I'll just edit their memories.

So. I might have made a character who literally just Exalted prior to the start of play.

As in...she knows no Solar Charms whatsoever.

I thought about taking sorcery just for the Theft of Memory spell. I plan on initiating eventually to try and push for higher circles, but that one in particular has always been a winner for me.

You and Psychie are going to be getting in to a contest as to which one of you can wipe out more minds with your Charms/Spell.

Historically, I used it in a game where the circle had to report to superiors for oversight frequently (Solars in Haslanti). The evidence it provided was very useful for convincing people to act. Not to mention a useful shortcut over interrogation.

Looks like we have two complete characters and Thief of Words Thief of Words is still polishing his sheet up. I shall open up the IC thread shortly. In the meantime, the three of you have been traveling together for a few weeks; what do the others know about you?

Aredin: Spends much of his time perusing old tomes and literature. His obsession seems to revolve around the growing corruption of the land, people, and spirits and searching for a remedy. In terms of personality, he's generally gregarious/chummy but not one for tense negotiation or persuasion.

Darian is blind, but with her gifts of her Charms, she can function almost as well as a sighted person can. She is a famous dancer and singer, and in her mortal life has performed all across the South. Now with her Charms, she can create ghostly images around her as she dances, and can even change thoughts of the people that watch her dance.

Uh, I was counting on the crime lord to have bureaucracy or at least significant Larceny which is why I dropped Eclipse... One last shuffle of the character sheet and I'll be good to go.

EDIT: I have invited a buddy from my RL game group who's also a big exalted buff. He's just havin a couple issues with login server apparently.

Last edited:
EDIT: I have invited a buddy from my RL game group who's also a big exalted buff. He's just havin a couple issues with login server apparently.
If your friend can get a character ready to go quickly, I'll take a look at it. I do hope to have a IC thread started in the next day or two.

Still working on respending 12 BP's and two charm selections. Can we hash out how we met btw?

Other note: debating how relatively poignant to make her back story in a spot. Considered giving her dietary restriction mutation limiting her to gaining nutrition from alcohol, leading to a character who is an alcoholic who literally has to drink to survive.

Unsure if that's too dark for game's tone, however.

Last edited:
I was going to go into some details on how you met in the intro post of the IC thread, but I can go over some of it here.

Everyone has been given a warning that the Wyld Hunt was on your trail, sometimes hours away, sometimes you escaped by mere minutes of their arrival. The warnings came in various forms, but they all included a place to meet up and get some much needed information. At this meeting you find a strange Exalt, a kind that only our currently unnamed Dawn Caste might know: a Sidereal of the Gold Faction. He doesn't waste much time with introductions, but does say that the others of the group here are also newly Exalted Solars, and you will need to rely upon each other for protection until you can master your powers and get your hands on some Artifacts to help boost your survivability.

He tells you to go south and look for a man named Dunbar Holst, a archeologist and treasure hunter. He has just found a long hidden cache of ancient tombs and Artifacts, and he can lead you to where they are. He is currently in the coastal city of Chairoscuro. Your benefactor can't give you much more detail on this man, but he is known to be a compulsive gambler. He suggests that you look in the various gambling establishments for Holst. The Sidereal's final words are somewhat troubling; there is a dark fate laid upon Dunbar Holst, so if you don't move quickly, it will be too late and you'll be forced to find another way to get the Artifacts that is your birthright as Solars.

Updated sheet in character thread. She has names now. And points respent.

Probably just tells folks to call her Fei at present.

So she does. I missed that on your sheet.

Rykon Rykon How goes your friend you recommended for this game? Is he/she able to sign up?

I should know here in a few moments, I've been distracted with trips to the doctor and pharmacy today. Gonna spend this evening tryin to help streamline character creation on his end and make appropriate changes to Aredin to reflect the change in party comp.

Hey everyone! I'm Rykon's friend, and I'm in the process of finalizing a Night caste. Sheet's almost done, but figured I'd drop a post in here since I was finally able to login

Changes to mine are done, Eclipse salesman with a sword is complete. For Sherwood Sherwood it has me in Chiaroscuro in the background, as well as a tie to Rettie's character. Still setup to support Psychie's character with Presence and a later potential for that nifty Theft of Memory spell.

Hey everyone! I'm Rykon's friend, and I'm in the process of finalizing a Night caste. Sheet's almost done, but figured I'd drop a post in here since I was finally able to login
Welcome to the game! I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone does with their characters. As soon as everyone is ready with their sheets, we can get started!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back