• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Trial by Fire - Exalted 2e OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Rykon Rykon Defering to your wisdom of Exalted. What's the danger of picking random objects that an Abyssal was holding without knowing what they were?

Rykon Rykon Defering to your wisdom of Exalted. What's the danger of picking random objects that an Abyssal was holding without knowing what they were?
Danger threshold is yes.

Could be a spell casting focus.

Could be yasal crystals with trapped spirits in them.

Could be hearthstones with horrendous powers.

Could be artifacts with any flavor of curse Sherwood could think of, from projectile dysentery caused by overwhelming fear, conduits to hear and speak with the Neverborn (think Primordials but dead-ish), or forced possession by flesh eating nephwracks (sp? Think third circle demons, but dead-ish)

Could also be her favorite rock candy as a child.

I'm sure I've given our illustrious ST enough bad ideas to highlight how risky meddling with spell caster trinkets is. It could also be a complete nothing, so I'd rather wait for an expert to weigh in.

Danger threshold is yes.

Could be a spell casting focus.

Could be yasal crystals with trapped spirits in them.

Could be hearthstones with horrendous powers.

Could be artifacts with any flavor of curse Sherwood could think of, from projectile dysentery caused by overwhelming fear, conduits to hear and speak with the Neverborn (think Primordials but dead-ish), or forced possession by flesh eating nephwracks (sp? Think third circle demons, but dead-ish)

Could also be her favorite rock candy as a child.

I'm sure I've given our illustrious ST enough bad ideas to highlight how risky meddling with spell caster trinkets is. It could also be a complete nothing, so I'd rather wait for an expert to weigh in.
Wow. Those are all scary and cool.

Do we have any experts?

At the moment, no one has taken the time to examine them or what's left of the body of the Abyssal for any clues, having raced off so fast to get to the airship.

Cool beans!

Alrighty. I was starting to look a little deeper into mechanics. Namely combos amd charm creation. I remember you said something about both of them.

I think you said you arent allowing charm creation for this game? Just wanted to double check.

But what were your personal rules on combos?

Sherwood Sherwood

In the old rules, you had to buy Combos with Xp. Since then, in the Errata, they changed that, and it allows you to be able to combo any Charm you want so long as it is legal to do so (no two Extra Action Charms in the same Combo, stuff like that).

In the old rules, you had to buy Combos with Xp. Since then, in the Errata, they changed that, and it allows you to be able to combo any Charm you want so long as it is legal to do so (no two Extra Action Charms in the same Combo, stuff like that).
So I could create a combo called Iron that breaks the Hammer Technique, using hammer on iron Technique supplementing each blow with fists of iron Technique with the final blow being a sledgehammer fist punch.

I wouldnt have to pay xp for it. Could just say it. But would still have to have the total motes required and pay the wp activation.

What about charm creation?

Yes, creating awesome combos is entirely doable. Go for it.

Charm creation is still a no.

Lovely! Just making sure I was on the correct page.

Back to the adventure!

How long is it to travel to the ship with the globe? We looking at minutes or an hour or so?

Oh! And can a charm that supplements an unarmed Martial arts strike be used to supplement an unarmed martial arts charm, like fist of iron Technique supplementing a sledgehammer fist punch or heaven thunder hammer?

Oh! And can a charm that supplements an unarmed Martial arts strike be used to supplement an unarmed martial arts charm, like fist of iron Technique supplementing a sledgehammer fist punch or heaven thunder hammer?
Sounds like it should,

Would it be possible to use multiple attacks with the supplemental tag repeatedly on different attacks in a flurry?

For example, a flurry of punches supplemented by sledgehammer fist punches AND fist of iron Technique.

And could a sledgehammer fist punch supplement a kick or stomp? The name says punch, the description says attack. While it is mostly semantics, just wanted to make sure just in case.

Would it be possible to use multiple attacks with the supplemental tag repeatedly on different attacks in a flurry?

For example, a flurry of punches supplemented by sledgehammer fist punches AND fist of iron Technique.

And could a sledgehammer fist punch supplement a kick or stomp? The name says punch, the description says attack. While it is mostly semantics, just wanted to make sure just in case.
I would have to check on the rules for Combos to see how often a Supplemental tagged Charm can be used on a Combo.

I would say that it would be quite useable in a sledgehammer kick for even more awesomeness.

I would have to check on the rules for Combos to see how often a Supplemental tagged Charm can be used on a Combo.

I would say that it would be quite useable in a sledgehammer kick for even more awesomeness.
Lovely lovely! And can you take advantage of multiple permenants on the same strike? For example using both the permenants Hellraisers instinct and dome shattering smite, which both upgrade Heavem Thinder hammer, to upgrade a single strike of heaven thunder hammer?

Also, are bonus cookies given for calling out the name of an attack epically when pulling off a combo or charm?

Cool. Cause gathering up permenants to upgrade a select few charms is one of my game plans. Putting a focus doing a few charms very well rather than learning many different charms

Lol want to make sure I do them right.

Let's see.

When it comes to Hearthstones. Are amulets to fit them common? And is there a limit of pieces that are meant to fit Hearthstones that can be equipped at once?

For example can only have one amulet. Or no such thing as a belt that can be fit with a number of them.

They address this much better in 3e than the do in 2e, and I have shamelessly yoinked it for this game that armor and other artifacts will frequently house multiple hearthstone slots on them. Your superheavy plate will have three sockets for stones built into it.

Very handy! That should buy me a while before I need more slots.

If I were to find a hearthstone laying around, like yoinking it from an enemy. Would using that hearthstone require having to buying the nessecary background dots for that Hearthstones rating?

And since on the topics of 3e and yoinks. Was there any other notable features you are using from 3e?

Is a build possible of a specifically social specialized Exalt that can fight effectively a non social combat using literally cutting wit and venomous words?

Assuming you mean a ridiculously competent social character yes, Aredin and Darian have very potent social magics when they are called for already.

If you mean literally fighting physical combat and dealing injuries with words, sort of but not really. The closest thing we have as Solars is Demon-Wracking Glory, which only damages Creatures of Darkness. Otherwise, there is Silver-Voiced Nightingale Style which is specifically more musical than anything else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back