• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Trial by Fire - Exalted 2e OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
It is bigger and stronger than you, so you will not be able to get control of it in a clinch. Sorry. You'll just have to beat the thing to death (again) the old fashioned way.

No problem.
And with Hammer on Iron Technique, I can attack essence +1 times to the same target without penalty.

Would i be able to use any attacks during that time? Like a charm like Heavan thunder hammer? Or is it simple attacks only?

Screenshot_20190704-160121_Chrome.jpg

D. Rex D. Rex my understanding is this... You can use one Extra-Action/Simple time charm per action, you can add as many Reflexive and Supplemental charms as you'd like provided all the charms you are using that turn have the Combo-Ok Keyword.

So... if you use Hammer on Iron Technique, each attack has to be an attack you could perform without a charm, but they can still be enhanced by charms (generally the Supplemental ones, but also Reflexive ones)

Looks like you are good with the 26 dice. Go ahead and roll to hit.

So if I did this correctly...

Only one of those pushed past soak for 1lhl of damage.

And the others go for minimum damage.

So it would be a total of 6 levels of damage?

With each one stunning, since they hit and rolled damage. So a -12 stun too?

And lastly... adjusted mote spending. Since it was 1 per time I take advantage. So rather than selectively use it since i already doubled, I just went with all for total of 6 motes spent.

Also, i think i was not supposed to add MA to the damage? If that case I dont think I beat soak on any of them.

Sherwood Sherwood Does the ichor spray count as an attack against Ragnar that I can use Essence Gathering Temper?

I'm trying to figure out to use this correctly to get some motes back.

Screenshot_20190625-184751_Dropbox.jpg

And if I understand defense correctly.

Attacks 1 and 3 will get stopped by Hardness of 10/10.

Attack 2 will hit, but will not got get past Soak 35. But will do 1 minimum lhl.

The acid spray was a Counterattack effect, but I think that you can make a roll for the two health levels.

Cool beans. I'll be using that to recover from my reckless spending.

Now, I have a Dodge and Parry of 6 each.

So that would escape either of them or would it subtract that number of successes?

That DV subtracts from the number of successes of my to hit roll on you. With your Infinite Martial Arts Mastery, you can dump some motes into your Excellency to raise your DV even higher on a 2 for 1 rate to be able to beat the attack on you.

That DV subtracts from the number of successes of my to hit roll on you. With your Infinite Martial Arts Mastery, you can dump some motes into your Excellency to raise your DV even higher on a 2 for 1 rate to be able to beat the attack on you.
What do you mean?

Just tossing out some numbers, lets say I rolled a 9 to hit you. You have a six DV right now. Assuming that you don't use any stunts or Charms, I will hit you with 3 successes. But, with the Excellency, you can spend 2m to get a +1 DV to raise your defense up.

Does that make sense?
Yup!

So. I got 6 dv.

My infinite gives me a free 8.

So I add that 8 to it for a 14 dv.

If my Kata bracers apply with their +essence to unarmed defense. That would make it 19.

Now, would I have to dump more motes for the Excellency to apply to Defense too? Or does it already apply.

And, if a counterattack is applicable. I think it renders DV to 0, but would the damage still have to go through hardness? And can a charm be used in a counterattack or would it have to be one with a counterattack tag?

The way that maths out is 2m for up to +4 to a static value (half the attribute + ability, as if you were adding successes)

The defense boost from bracers adds to your weapon defense. The formula for parry DV is [Dex + ability + weapon defense]/2

In your case let's say, 3 dex, 8 martial arts (specialties apply) +5 from kata bracers. All that divided by 2, rounded up to nearest whole number is 8. Adding 4 gets you to 12 before any penalties apply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back