• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Trial By Fire - Exalted 2e IC Thread

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Aredin was shrugging the acid off his skin as Darian approached. Even with the slight bit of pain, he chuckled at being tended to. "The last time we fought side by side we kept getting separated and you were injured, both by the Hunt and before by our reformed assailant. Why on earth wouldn't I cover for you? You mean far more to me than anything else I'd have to lose Darian." Taking his shirt, he'd soak the bulk of the caustic blood in it then toss it aside to the ground letting it shatter into motes of fading sunlight.

Still smiling, he gave her a gentle hug and a kiss once he was sure there would be no more damage done. "I told you that I'd take care of you to the end, that I'll have your back to the end. I meant it... Now, are you ok?"

After the blessed blades of his Lady felled the creature, Ragnar would stand vigilantly over the corpse of the abyssal, watching for any twitch of life in case something else has the desire to spring forth.

When no such hint of life showed, he unclenched his fists, and looked over to Darian tending to Aredins noble gesture. "Love makes men do great leaps for those who have their heart. Berate him not. It is a sign of a good man." He said. Ragnar would have done the same for his wife.

With his own hands, pock marked and crimson from the ichors effects, he wiped it on his armor and reached up to grab a small mirror that hung from his shoulder.

He held it in front of him, activating the Atlas of the Unconquered general to get and idea of the situation. The Deathknights knew they were here... how many were mobilizing and what were their numbers. amd more importantly... where were they.

Still fussing over him, Darian manages to look over her shoulder at the undead thing to make sure that it is still and not coming after them before leaning in and giving Aredin a kiss. "I am well, in fact, better than you, since I didn't get that goo on me to burn me like you." She keeps her hand on his chest for a moment, then says, "Just remember that I love you just as much as you love me. I couldn't bear to lose you, dear heart."

"Oh, I have no intention of dying either, precious," Aredin added with a wide bright grin. "I believe we still have some punishment to dole out. We are officially at war with Walker in Darkness now after all. Blythe and Issar need to be warned about what's coming, and I hope we can get to Duncan before they turn him into gods know what..." He turned his head to the cavern entrance, "Not to mention keeping the Titan out of these bastards' hands. What are you seeing over there, Ragnar?"

He held it in front of him, activating the Atlas of the Unconquered general to get and idea of the situation. The Deathknights knew they were here... how many were mobilizing and what were their numbers. amd more importantly... where were they.
Looking at the Atlas, Ragnar gets a visual representation of a portion of the layout of Mount Metagalapa in miniature, with the multicolored sands marking the location of every person and Essence user within a two mile radius of the map. Several significant targets show themselves to you. Two dozen Dragon Blooded live on Mount Metagalapa, but in the midst of the market, on the airship there are four Essence users that Ragnar recognizes as Dragon Blooded, two Solar Exalt (probably Annika and Kuredin), and a dark black grain of sand that you would guess is the other Abyssal. But right with the Abyssal is a pair of red grains of sand that you recognize as servants of Malfias; better known as demons.

The look on Ragnar's face grew serious "Danger for Annika and Kuridin." He said. "Four dragon blooded, two demons, and a DeathKnight aboard the vessel."

Ragnar clicked the button of the mirror a few times to zoom in on the vessel. To see if he could gleam if the enemy knew their friends were there.

"We should hurry. At the least, we know where our next target is."

"Then we go now. Our combat Charms are already active; they should last long enough for us to reach the ship. All that remains now is to call out our targets and deal with them." Darian is a normally a very peaceful woman, but when dealing with the enemies of the Sun, she is very straight forward in her approach.

"Well, at least we have them out-numbered," Aredin said, mostly disregarding the 4 Dragon-Blooded. "With only one Abyssal left, I've got a fairly good feeling about our odds. We can take the demons. Let's move quickly!" With a toss, Aredin conjured the globe again and carried the circle, including Sirocco if she wishes, to the deck of the Abyssal ship.

Darian looks to Aredin as they climb inside the Globe. "As we close in, open the Globe and let me jump out before we land. I will take on my Chimera form and fly down."

Aredin dials back the essence density of the globe's light barrier. "You should be able to pass through easily now when you're ready. I'll be right behind you."

Ragnar scrutinized the map. It was a rough situation. While he was confident that they could ultimately prevail, Ragnar wanted to make sure they had the best chances of delivering divine justice without his friends coming to harm. Annika and Kuridin were there... possible overwhelmimg assets if they remained undiscovered. The globe could offer them any number of possible approaches, and the abilities of the present Circle gave them some great versatility. An aerial approach. Catching them unawares is always a devastating tactic. How much damage could the ship withstand. Those ballista were dangerous, but were they being manned. Were mortals or terrestrials on standing guard.

Ragnar closed his eyes and thought about the situation. As reckless as he was in combat, it was never wise to go in without a plan. So what plan would give them the greatest chance of achieving their goal.

[War5 + Int2 + Atlas3]
Paying 1wp to channel Virtue 5
Stunt 1

Dice pool 16.

Successes = 5

By zooming in with the Atlas, you can see that the top deck of the ship does have two of the Dragon Blooded on it, but they are not actively manning the guns. The plan of flying in and swooping down below the dirigible's gasbags to jump out onto the deck looks like it will work.

You are not sure. The bags themselves are fabric, so it is physically possible to fly through them.

Would the fabric hold up to a projectile? Like, the body of a solar exalted for example.

As a related note? How many yards to fall before one generally takes damage?

Coming in up high would certainly keep us out of line of sight, being blocked by the airbags, and keep us from getting shot at by the Ballistas.

We could come up from underneath it by the edge of the mountain and hop into the hold. Complete concealment.

According to the book, you take bashing damage based on equal to half the levels of yards fallen, round down. This damage is considered piercing, and can be soaked normally.

According to the book, you take bashing damage based on equal to half the levels of yards fallen, round down. This damage is considered piercing, and can be soaked normally.

So Ragnar, at 35 soak could fall 70 yards (200+feet) and only take 1bhl? Would such a fall aid any sort of attack made by a Sledgehammer Fist supplement?

We could come up from underneath it by the edge of the mountain and hop into the hold. Complete concealment.
Also viable. But Ragnar has little to offer in stealth, so be warned there.

And yes. Ragnar would report his findings. Aredin wishes would be deferred to by Ragnar.

So Ragnar, at 35 soak could fall 70 yards (200+feet) and only take 1bhl? Would such a fall aid any sort of attack made by a Sledgehammer Fist supplement?

That would be one hell of a stunt bonus.

Annika would nod at those words. "And you say it would allow us to get onto that airship without being spotted?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back