• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Trial By Fire - Exalted 2e IC Thread

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Aredin smiles hand on the pommel of his daiklave, "I don't mind taking the front, I'm still recovering memories of my old fighting art but foot soldiers shouldn't be too much trouble. Though, having Viktor pilot a ship carrying archers and slingers would definitely help secure a solid advantage... Heaven, are you going with the stealth team or do you have something else in mind?"

Darian frowns a bit, then lets out a sigh. "I am hardly the bull in the china shop, but I am not the quietest person in the world. I would do better in a stand-up fight. With any luck, we can avoid a battle but I feel that we won't be able to. Let us unleash the Dragon Kings on the goblin forces outside, and when Filial Wisdom steps forward, we will take him down. He will not be able to withstand the combined might of the Circle."

Sirocco was torn, on the one hand, she had a chance to fight close up with another Exalt, and be able to defend her friends, and on the other, she could fight alongside Dragon Kings, and she wasn't ready to make that choice yet...

Viktor grimaced, thinking about Relza's anger being fully directed at himself. Yeah, perhaps blowing up some of her skyships is not the best idea...not if I want to continue on amongst the living. The Twilight nodded in response to Aredin's suggestion of transporting ranged combatants and providing an aerial platform for them to fight from. "That seems like a sound plan."

Darian nods. "Between the Dragon Kings, the Celestial Lions we talked to, and the Exalts, the few hundred men and goblins outside have no real chance. My only question is, what can we expect from Filial Wisdom and the Abyssal that works with him? How dedicated is the Abyssal to the Goblin King? If faced with an unwinable situation, what will his response be? Rrrgh! Too many questions, and not enough answers. I suppose that all we have to go with is our best shot, and see what happens. Aysik? Leeayta? When can the two of you be ready to move with your forces?"

With zero regards to the proceedings, it was as if a switch went off in her mind, and Sirocco's voice booms "Of those who seek to confront Filial Wisdom, which ones plan on engaging him in melee? I need to know so we can see who I'll be better served at helping. I would rather be in the thick of it, despite my desire to fight alongside the Dragon Kings or in defending Heaven from a great distance. That way I can bring the most good, but defending you from his attacks, for as long as my essence can sustain it." She was careful at first not to watch Heaven, but her monologue went on, she couldn't help but take a glimpse, hoping she didn't disappoint him.

Heaven perks his head up, and looks to Aredin. After hearing Sirocco speak, he couldn't help but smile. He rested a hand on her shoulder and squeezed gently in comforting manner.

"I... believe I have something for the goblin forces. So long as number of the Dragon Kings can watch my back while I work. I'm no tactician, but I know that Sirocco's strength would be of most use to all those facing Filial Wisdom directly, so she'll definitely go with that group, and hopefully what I have planned will offer enough of a distraction that they can make their way there without wasting their time in unnecessary combat."

He looks around the room, excited suddenly. "Okay, um, I need to see what we're dealing with. If the conditions are right, I could wipe most of their forces away before the real fighting starts."

Last edited:
Aysik lets out a snort. "Hell, if you have something up your sleeve that can do the trick, and will save lives on our side, by all means do it! I want to try to save my energies for dealing with Han-Tha, but that doesn't mean that I won't get into it with the Solar or the Deathknight if things come to that. All in all, I'd have to say that the bad guys are toast."

"Can't say I'm not relived to hear that." a grinning Annika said in response to Aysik's last statement.

"And I can't wait to see what you have planned." She added while looking at Heaven.

"I will take the front and confront the Goblin King. I can sustain a high level of power in combat fairly well, and we don't have much to go on when it comes to his personal capability. If you all have my back I think we will be fine." Aredin said, palm resting on the pommel of his blade. I still need to get better at getting through armor, but I'm getting the hang of things again.

Last edited:
"I might try and sneak up on him from behind." said Annika. "After that, I can help Aredin in taking him down."

Aysik nods. "Then let us make our preparations to attack. I suggest we launch this offensive in the early morning, say, around two in the morning. Our opponents will be at their lowest point of alertness then, and it will grant us a few precious seconds before any alarm can be sounded."

With everyone prepared and ready to go, the attack is set to launch. There are several hidden exits to the Flying Tower that now burst open to reveal scores of angry Dragon Kings, all armed with powerful First Age weapons and armor, looking for any sign of the Goblin King's army and killing them with extreme prejudice. From above, Pteroks cry out directions to the forces on the ground, leading them to clusters of humans and goblins and warning the ground troops about possible ambushes.

For the most part, the Dragon Kings do a good job in keeping the Exalts from having to use their weapons or Essence, letting you save your strength to face Filial Wisdom. Where is everyone at in this? There was some talk of having Viktor up in an airship, but I want to make sure.

Sirrocco is back in her war form, alternating between flying and walking, destroying any troops she sees, and delighting in destroying goblins. Making her way to the Temple of the Sun.

Viktor pilots a smaller airship above the expansive battleground, uniquely designed in the shape of a flattened triangular-wedge with rounded edges. The ship features ten small viewports split between the port and starboard sides, and it is through these openings that a fang of Dragon Kings wielding personal crystal-essence weaponry fire upon the Goblin King's minions. Viktor doesn't try to act as an airborne command for directing the battle, leaving that to the Pteroks, and instead flies back and forth to continually harass their foes at the locations where they are putting up formidable resistance.

Additionally, Viktor keeps an eye out for his Exalted allies helping fight the waves of minions alongside the Dragon Kings. If any of his allies appear to become overwhelmed under the swarming of enemies, the Twilight crafter is ready to drop-in from above with half of the Dragon King fang and personally assist the embattled ally on the ground.

Annika is making her own way through the city towards Filial Wisdom, sneaking past and around the rogue Solar's minions, while also trying to keep an eye on Sirocco and Aredin.

Aredin is on foot with the infantry, daiklave in hand to cut through any goblins, wyld-touched, or otherwise that would impede the progress of the Dragon King forces. He would have requested the lions to be in reserve until Filial Wisdom took to the field so the allied forces could corner Han Tha before the rogue god could make a pre-emptive escape.

Last edited:
Darian will stick with Aredin, using her war fans to carve a path through the goblins and whatnot that lies between them and the Solar.

The sheer savagery of the Dragon Kings is a sight to behold as they swarm over the unprepared, underequipped, and outclassed forces that are in place around the Flying Tower. Even the goddess Leeayta is joining in the fight to reclaim her city an to be a leader to the reptile forces. As all of this is happening, Aysik, Dunbar, and the other Sidereals are using only their skills in the fighting and keeping their Essence available to use against Han-Tha once he makes his appearance.

Up in the airship, Viktor is the first to spot the pair of figures that come marching out of the largest pyramid that stand out from the rest of the forces on the field. One is clearly the Solar known as Filial Wisdom, striding tall in his golden armor with a Grand Daiklave in his hand and a bright anima glow about him. The second figure is wearing dark armor of Soulsteel, wielding a dark blade, obviously the Deathknight that you were warned about.

A trio of Raptoks see the glowing figure of the Goblin King and rush him, only to be easily cut down with a single swing of his blade. He lets out a loud roar of challenge. "Who dares to face me? Step forth and die on my blade!"

Join Battle rolls, please

Aredin whips his sword about it a circle, spraying droplets of blood on the cracked cobbles of the ancient city's roads. He stares coldly at the mad Solar who had just cut down three of his charges in cold blood. They should have known better than to rush one like him. With a scowl on his face, Aredin stepped forward gripping the light daiklave tightly. He's got armor, lots of it, and I do not. I may not be able to punch through on my own like this, but I have to keep him occupied no matter what. With a determined leap, the young lord leaped and bounded up the pyramid, coat billowing in the wind of his passing. His voice rose to meet his opponent's, "Good, I was hoping I wouldn't have to wait too long for this. I'd rather not waste more of my time with your rabble." I hope back up arrives soon, this won't be a simple fight.

[Rolling Join Battle... not expecting much here

oh wow, assuming I could qualify for a two die stunt counts that'd be 7 successes, my base pool is a 3]

As Aredin faced off with Filial Wisdom and the Death Knight at the entrance to the pyramid, Annika peered at the three of them from around the corner of a nearby building, trying to remain unseen. She couldn't help but be nervous, knowing that even without their armor, each of these two could give her a run for her money.

[Attempting to Join Battle without being seen]

Viktor whipped the small airship across the sky, attempting to gain a solid firing angle on their foes. "Now the real fight begins."

He looked back at the Dragon Kings, shooting their crystal weaponry through the individual firing slots, and locked eyes with their sub-commander. "I'll do my best to provide you with clean firing angles, presenting the entire flank of the ship towards the Goblin King and his ally. If they find a way to pull us out of the sky though, you and any survivors are to race back to the Tower and help secure it. These monsters are powerful in a way you can't stand against, and I have no desire to see you die in the course of our battle."

[Join Battle: Wits (2) + Awareness (2) + Stunt (1) = 6 Successes]

Sirocco rushes to Aredin's side, intent on keeping the two opponents off guard, her massive frame crouched, and ready to pounce on either, or to come to Aredin's defense if need be. Her wings flex, and twitch, ready to extend at a moment's notice, and give cover to the Solar at her side. Meanwhile, her beak snaps towards the dark knight by Filial Wisdom's side, hoping to have at least one of them face her rather than Aredin.

1 success...

Darian will fall into place a short distance from her husband, thinking that this may require a team effort to bring down this 'mad' Solar. She calls out to their target, "Filial Wisdom! You are surrounded, outnumbered and outclassed! Don't make us kill you. Surrender now, and we will spare you. Resist, and you shall face the full measure of our power."

Join Battle of 4
Is it possible to have activated Iron Kettle Body, Dreaming Pearl Form and Pearescent Filigree Defense Charms prior to the fight start?

Health Levels
-0 [ ]
-1 [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
-2 [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] - [ ][ ][ ]
-4 [ ]
I [ ]
Dying [ ][ ]

Soak: 1L/2B - +5L/+5B from Infinite Resplendence Amulet, up to +4L/+8B from Pearlescent Filigree Defense (One Scene), +4A/+8L+8B from Iron Kettle Body (One Scene), +4A/+8L/+8B from Iron Skin Concentration (Instant)

Willpower: 8

Essence: 4
Personal: 20
Peripheral: 45
Committed: 14

Dodge DV: 7
Parry DV with War Fans: 8 (10)
Parry DV with Chain Daiklave: 8 (10)

Dodge MDV: 5

Join Battle: 7

Weapons and Armor
Chain Daiklave: Speed 5, Accuracy +1 (+5), Damage 5L/2O (+9L), Defense +3 (+7), Rate 3
Exceptional War Fans: Speed 4, Accuracy +3 (+7), Damage +3L (+7L), Defense +3 (+7), Rate 2 - Enhanced with a Fire benediction
Sash (Seven-Section Staff): Speed 5, Accuracy -2 (+2), Damage 7B (+11B), Defense +3 (+7), Rate 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back