• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Trial By Fire - Exalted 2e IC Thread

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Darian ponders the question for a moment, then says, "I am thinking . . . it might seem odd to the rest of the population that we don't allow the angriest of the dissenters to leave, and then suddenly, they are our friends. I say let them go with our blessings. It will show everyone that we are willing to be flexible, and not some sort of monster that the tales of the 'dread anathema' that has been told by the Immaculate Order."

"Agreed. I'll see to it that those who are determined to leave are compensated for their losses and able to get an honest start on the ground. Which, speaking of, we probably ought to get a meeting together on how we intend to clear the earth around the exterior." Aredin replied with a bit of fatigue in his voice.

Darian says, "Well, we have all of the resources of the Titan at our disposal. I am wondering if we put TARU on the job, it may be able to offer up some suggestions, or use some kind of automations to begin the process. Or, we call upon the services of a powerful earth Elemental to bring over many of its lesser brothers to begin clearing the rubble from the surface."

"That's been the plan anyway. Hopefully it doesn't take too much time away from getting the rest of the systems online. Let's go rally the local leaders along with the rest of the circle and get our next move in motion."

(No worries about Ragnar! He wouldnt have anything to contribute here. He barely understands any of it. Would just be quiet or ask questions like "Do we really need to get rid of the whole mountain if any at all? All the important bits are inside it."

Assume he is standing there looking important and intimidating :3, unless otherwise addressed )

Darian looks to Ragnar, and says, "Well, there are ships and weapons in the Citadel that are stuck there until we can clear away the debris on the exterior. Let us go ask TARU what it recommends."

When you go into the Titan, you can see that there has been a series of significant changes from the last time you were here. What was once empty hallways are now starting to fill up with people, and the halls are now well lit and ventilated with fresh air. As you walk down the halls, you are greeted by the people you pass, including the repair crews from Yu-Shan. The people of the Slope are doing a good job of making the transition to life inside the Titan.

Once you reach the Command Center, you are greeted by the AI spirit of the station. "Welcome back, Noble Exalts! With the arrival of the technicians that you sent, main power is up to 78%, and most of the damaged power relays have been replaced with fresh conduits. Everything is proceeding well! How may I be of service to you today?"

Darian says, "Excellent news, TARU. I am glad to see that the systems of the Blossom are coming back to full operational levels. We do have a question for you. As you are aware, there is a large amount of rock and dirt on the outside of the Citadel. What do you recommend to do to remove it? Do you have any automations at your disposal that could be used to remove the debris? Or is there another way to do so quickly? Also, with power restored to this level, can the Titan be safely moved?"

The AI spirit of the Titan replies, "Allow me to answer your last question first, Noble Exalt. Yes, with the current power levels, the Titan can be moved. Normally, its top speed in its standard configuration is restricted to twenty miles per hour, but I suspect that with the exterior covered the way it is that the speed will be somewhat reduced."

Then the spirit vanishes and is replaced with a 3d image of the Titan. "As was noted by Lady Darian earlier, the hangar bays cannot be accessed while the debris is on the exterior. Also, the defensive turrets are also covered and are unable to be used. But there may be a quicker way to help remove the debris. The most powerful weapon of the Titan is the Eye of Judgement, and that can only be utilized when the Citadel is transformed into its battle configuration. When the station makes this transformation, it expands to open up the Eye. If this transformation is done now, it would make many cracks and breaks in the pile of rock and dirt on the hull. What doesn't fall off at that point could most likely be removed more easily. There are many service drones onboard the Titan that can be used to assist in the task of drilling and blasting the rock off the hull."

Darian looks at her husband, then says, "I would say that we should start moving south right away, since it the Citadel moves so slowly. While that is going on, we should get the drones working on making as many drill holes as possible, so that when we shift the Titan into is battle configuration, it will break the rock free from the hull."

"Hmm... if we can get started moving I agree. TARU, have the blossom begin moving at a heading of 220 degrees Southwest, our course is the city of Gwynnin. Many of the people here will seek to disembark and take up their old trades on the ground as they did before. Have the drones begin their work of loosening the debris on the exterior, but do not risk harm to the residents that have yet to finish moving to the interior. Furthermore, I want you to prepare the intercoms to project my voice to the entire populace inside the blossom."

Once TARU had indicated the intercom was active, Aredin gave his announcements. "Citizens of Metagalapa and all volunteers, this is your king. Do not be alarmed. We are setting a course for the city of Gwynnin. All residents that do not wish to remain here will be permitted to disembark there. In the meantime, every single worker's top priority above all other tasks is to complete relocating the remaining residents on the outside to the inner city. TARU will provide directions to appropriate habitations for each family until we have reached our destination. We are within the final stretches of restoring the facility. We understand the burden this places on many of you, and we will continue our endeavors to see that everyone is provided for here. I encourage you, men and women, to lend helping hands to your family, neighbors, and friends, that may still be struggling or infirm. Volunteer physicians are on-site to help where needed. Please remain civil when requesting assistance from the volunteers. We are here to help but there is much work to be done to see to everyone's needs. I thank each of you for your understanding in this time of upheaval and the helping hands you have lent thus far to your neighbors. You are all an inspiration to the many peoples of the earth. Godsspeed." With that Aredin ended his announcement.

"Orders understood, Noble Exalt! Drones will be deployed right away to begin the work as instructed. Beginning to move now. Standby."

For the first time in nearly 900 years, the Titan begins to move. Slowly at first, but then the mountain begins to accelerate up to a top speed of fifteen miles per hour. Not quite its top speed of twenty miles per hour, but you got to give the Citadel some credit. After all, it has a mountain on top of it, and it is still moving!

TARU lights up once more. "We are now underway at our best speed available, given that the power systems are not yet at one hundred percent and the mass of rock and rubble on the outer hull."

"We'll do the transformation to clear it once we aren't at risk of killing people. For now we may as well get a head start home."
Aredin said with a shrug, as if he didn't see any other way to move forward. He then turned to the circle. "Was there anything else we needed to tend to? I can't recall if we ever checked what personal weapons or artifacts were left in storage."

Darian feels the whole place wobble under her feet for a moment, but is able to keep her balance well enough to avoid stumbling. She gives Aredin a wide smile, saying, "Well, we are really doing this. Having a floating mountain show up in the sky over Gwynnin, and eventually Rathess, will certainly make an impression."
"We'll do the transformation to clear it once we aren't at risk of killing people. For now we may as well get a head start home."
Aredin said with a shrug, as if he didn't see any other way to move forward. He then turned to the circle. "Was there anything else we needed to tend to? I can't recall if we ever checked what personal weapons or artifacts were left in storage."
"I don't believe we have examined all of what lies in the armories of this place. I am curious to see what lies in the vaults for us to look at."

Aredin nods, "Well if there's no objections, we might as well take a look. This is going to be a long trip. Thankfully our course leads us away from Greyfalls so I pray it will be mostly uneventful." Assuming there were no other issues the circle needed to address, Aredin made his way to personally review the stock of what was available to pick from.

After inquiring with TARU, you find out that there are many different armories onboard the Titan, most of which are filled with expertly-made conventional weapons for the mortal troops to use. But there are a few of the locked rooms that have Artifact weapons and gear inside. Artifact weapons and powered armor fill several rooms, along with different items of less martial nature but still useful to you.

At this point, you pretty much have your choice of any standard Artifact in the books. Anything unique is off limits.

Darian smiles at the thought of how the flying mountain might look to those of Gwynnin as they slowly come flying up. It will be quite the sight to see. Too bad we are up here, in the heart of the Titan so we will miss it!

Down in the heart of the Titan in the armory, Darian will look for several of the Seven Jeweled Peacock Fans to add to her arsenal.

Darian is able to find the war fans that you are looking for.

Over the next few days, Aredin begins to get some responses from his messages he sent out.

The first one is from Mi-Ha-Suchi. He sends word that there are several members of the Silver Pact now in Rathess, and he is looking forward to seeing you again.

The next one is from a sorcerer located in Lookshy, asking if you would be willing to accept a official visit of some of the officers from the Legion to discuss the events of the past several months.

The final message that you get is from Mnemon. She expresses her desire to meet with you, and would like to know where and when you would be willing to see her.

For the armory, Aredin scours it's contents for Orichalcum power armor with features to his liking. If available, he looks for lesser grade power armors he could use as bargaining chips if necessary with Realm and Lookshy allies. "Ragnar, I want you to be the judge of what we should be willing to part with. See that the Dragon-Blooded already aboard the Blossom working have their pick first, then some set aside for those that are already your direct subordinates. I'm sure I don't need to order you to look after those under your command. I just mean that you have my blessing to do so. I know Annika has some talented among her ranks. Perhaps you two might want to coordinate how best to distribute your assets among your ranks."
D. Rex D. Rex jaydude jaydude

The king momentarily turned to his twin. "Brother, likewise, take what you need. I'm sure you can find something to your liking with TARU on hand to assist with any questions."
Neopilot Neopilot

Once responses started pouring in from his missives. He spoke to Darian once she was finished selecting whatever she might want from the armory. "Darling, I have good news across the board. Lunars are gathering in Rathess. Both Mnemon and the Seventh Legion want to meet in person. I think having them do so in Gwynnin would be best so they can witness this spectacle for themselves. Especially since we can speak to them before they meet the Lunars. I still expect us to have to stifle some degree of animosity between all parties, but nonetheless I'd like to pre-emptively dampen that fire if we can. The only snag I can think of is us being embroiled in war in the midst of our first anniversary here soon."
Psychie Psychie

Several days of uneventful travel go by as the mountain heads south. Soon, the town of Gwynnin can be seen off in the distance. It is an epic sight from the ground, with the townspeople getting to watch as the massive structure comes flying up.

It is here that the angry members of the local population are making their preparations to leave the mountain, with the people of Gwynnin being willing to do what they can to make the malcontented residents feel taken care of, even if it is expected that they will not be staying here.

Aredin disembarks from the blossom along with the circle in his Globe of Transport. Upon landing, he gives a smile to his guards and says, "I believe I have guests waiting to meet with us. Let them know I'll be ready to see both of them in the audience room now, if you would."

[ Sherwood Sherwood Referring to Mnemon and the Lookshy representative. ]

Ragnar would divvy out the power armors as Aredin decreed. And of course making sure the dragon Bloods under his command were well outfitted, and the Solar had access to one of the Orichalcum fancy things like the king had claimed.

He would keep a spare for himself, but he was still unsure of he would use it or not. But he would give himself the option.

The rest he would see divied out appropriately with Annika. There was no sense in hording them when they could do better in the hands of exalts elsewhere in their fight against the common enemy.

Back in the sphere, he would stay behind the King. "Where those the only ones who decided to come?" He asked.

Aredin replied in a soft whisper, "Of the Dragon-Blooded, yes. I will need to prepare them, and the Lunars, for the very concept of not killing each other much less working together. Rest assured, we will likely be shouldered with the lion's share of effort in the war to come. There's still a few stubborn Celestials that will likely need to be shaken from their delusions of self-importance, entitlement, and so on. However, phase one demands we move quickly and decisively. So our support will have to come from the much wiser first responders."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back