• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Trial By Fire - Exalted 2e IC Thread

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
As everyone is thinking about the question of, 'what is a Titan?', Darian gets a brief flash of ancient memory . . . something from Exaltations long past. An image of a massive city, no, a fortress housing thousands of people in it, floating in the air, with dozens of airships flying around it as the giant vessel moves slowly across Creation.

Once the flash of memory passes, Darian is now hearing the sound of approaching footsteps. Someone is coming.

Darian blinks a few times as her thoughts return to the here and now. "If it is what I think it is, we definitely cannot allow these Deathknights to get their hands on it. I just had a . . . thought? Memory, maybe? Of a past life. Where there was a massive flying city, so large that it could house thousands of people in it! This must be it."

Then, she cocks her head to one side. "Wait. I hear someone coming. We had best hide if we wish to have the element of surprise."

Ragnar was somewhat please to know he wasnt the only one who experienced such visions. However it seemed hers held infinitely more wisdom. A proper oracle, she was. A floating city! A big of a stretch to believe as a floating mountain. "No. We will not allow that. Not that city, and not this mountain. " He could only imagine what the Empire could do with such a wonder.

With Darian having pointed out someone was coming. Well. He look from Darian, to himself, then back to her. He wasnt about to fit behind a bush or in a ditch. "How about you hide. You three mice are much more likely to escape notice. Could flank while the eye is on me." He suggested, having very little confidence in his stealth potential.

Sirocco smiles at Ragnar "I'll hide in plain sight, if you'll but extend your hand" As her form shimmers and she turns into an hawk, and with a simple flap, she lands on Ragnar's outstretched arm.

Ragnar nodded with a smile, and held out his arm. Quite the solid perch. While he had never went falconing himself, he had witnessed it many times. Certainly brought up memories of the old days.

Thanks to Darian's keen hearing, there is plenty of time for everyone that wishes to hide to do so before the owner of the footsteps becomes visible around the corner. What everyone sees is the figure that Sirocco recognizes as the one called Widow; the one that was joking about poisoning Blythe and Issar and controlling the population somehow.

From what you can see, he (or she, since Sirocco knows the truth behind the disguise) is a man of average height, all wrapped up so that every part of the person's body is covered up from view. There is a set of soulsteel bracers on the figure, along with a soulsteel headband. He is also carrying something small in his left hand, but you cannot see what it is, since it is hidden in his palm.

The man/woman does not seem surprised to see Ragnar standing there on the path to the tunnel, and in fact, makes a point to look around. "Where are your friends? I thought that there were more of you waiting out here for me." While you cannot see it, you think that the scarves hide a smirk on the face of the Abyssal.

When prompted to hide, Aredin reconfigures his cloak with a tap of the amulet. "Very well, it may not work, but worth a shot."

With a wave of his arm, he folded himself beneath a mat-cape of mossy grass and layed snug against the ground with his sheathed Reaper Daiklave in hand.

She approaches boldly, knowing something's off. This doesn't bode well...

[Rolling Dex+Stealth +3 for Infinite Resplendence Amulet and at least 1 for an attempted stunt. Oh hey, 8 successes this time, I can get off the botch-bus to stretch. Since we have time to act, now seems like a great time to ready Infinite Melee Mastery.]

Ragnar remained where he was, regarding the being stoically. Would that make this the sorcerer that was mentioned? The hidden face, the palmed item. This one was a tricky one, he expected. Would it be so easy as cracking the vertebrae of this vile agent? Perhaps. Perhaps not. Deciect was the primary expectancy. Underhanded means expected from one who resorts to the method of poisons.

Well, Ragnar had his own methods. One such method being to act before this DeathKnight knew the others were here. If there was a trap, well, he would trip it so they could avoid it. If not... all the worse for the one called Widow.

"Funny..." Ragnar said darkly. "I was going to say the same thing." He stroked a finger along the leg of the hawk on his arm, signaling it to hold on tight.

The form of the Solar Hero needed no special stance. Its power came from one of instinct. All one had to do was summon it. And that he did. With great bounds, Ragnar launched himself forward, his anima banner flaring to life. The great white crocodile of his spirit lunging after him, like ome might burst from the hidden waters to catch its prey by surprise.

With that unnatural quickness, Ragnar was upon the abyssal, thrusting his right arm forward to wrap his large hand around the beings neck and left him/her off the ground with his crushing grip.

His other arm, the one with Sirocco. He kept low, to give the Lunar the chance to strike as well should she choose. Or to counter whatever might have been in the Widows hand.

Successed: 15
Rush

Solar Hero Form: 6 motes
Infinite Martial Art Mastery: 16 motes for 8 dice.

Dragon Coil Technique: +Essence(5) to clinch) Combo-Ok

Clinch: -5 flurry

Dice pool:
Dex+MA = 8
Specialty(fighting unarmed) = 3
Excellency = 8
Perfected Kata Bracers = 5
DCT = 5
Stunt = 1
Flurry = -5
Total = 19

Anima Effect: +2 DV against any creature with Valor less than 5

Last edited:
The Abyssal makes no effort to keep Ragnar from grabbing her by the throat. With a pained grin, she manages to choke out, "You had best release me or suffer the consequences."

What does Ragnar do?

Ragnar suffers the consequences. He squeezes. Hard.

Strength + MA = 11
Kata = 5
DCT = 5

Total = 21

Solar Hero Form= All success x2

As Ragnar squeezes, there is a loud, sickening 'crack' of breaking bone as her neck snaps, leaving her head dangling at a odd angle. The light in the eyes of the Abyssal goes out and the body goes limp.

Once the body goes limp, the hand holding the small object opens, and a pair of small crystals fall out and hit the ground.

Darian steps out of her hiding place and walks over to Ragnar, looking at the body of the Abyssal with distaste. "Hmmm. I had expected more of a fight from her, but I won't complain. Good work, my friend. Now, I wonder, what she was going on about that we would regret it if you didn't let her go?"

Once he felt the pulse cease. Ragnar would let the body drop to the ground unceremoniously. "Burn the body. Strip it of what you wish. And do not speak of things you do not want them to know..." Ragnar advised.

"They know we are here. Despite our efforts. I do not know what she meant, but it would be wise to expect the worst. That dark magics may be involved. And fallout may ensue if this one controlled something."

Ragnar pointed to the Crystal's dropped. "Any idea what those are?"

Last edited:
"I'm no occultist, so I haven't the slightest clue. If none of us know, perhaps Kuridin in his days of hunting demons and ghosts might know of something." Aredin added, notably not eager to lay hands on either crystal.

"Sirocco, can you get eyes out to see if she triggered any mischief among the populace?"

Last edited:
Just as you are about to search the body, it convulses as if she were still alive! Then, from out of the mouth comes clawing a large hand, ripping the flesh and bone away to make room for the horror that was trapped inside her body to come forth. The sight is disgusting enough to make you step back as the twisted thing continues to rip its way out and stands up, looking at you.

Everyone there, please give me a Join Battle Roll!

1370240020483.jpg

Aredin grips his Daiklave's handle and anchors his stance. After witnessing the abomination emerge from the corpse, he draws golden steel in a flash of sunlight ready to mercilessly annihilate this beast before it could turn on anyone else.

[5 successes]

Darian jumps back in horror at the thing crawling out of the fallen Abyssal. "What the hell is that?!?" She immediately reaches for her Chain Daiklave, knowing that it will take some effort to kill this monster.
Join Battle = 7 successes!

Health Levels
-0 [ ]
-1 [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
-2 [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] - [ ][ ][ ]
-4 [ ]
I [ ]
Dying [ ][ ]

Soak: 1L/2B - +5L/+5B from Infinite Resplendence Amulet, up to +4L/+8B from Pearlescent Filigree Defense (One Scene), +4A/+8L+8B from Iron Kettle Body (One Scene), +4A/+8L/+8B from Iron Skin Concentration (Instant)

Willpower: 8

Essence: 5
Personal: 23
Peripheral: 53 (39)
Committed: 14

Dodge DV: 7
Parry DV with War Fans: 8 (11)
Parry DV with Chain Daiklave: 8 (11)

Dodge MDV: 5

Join Battle: 7

Weapons and Armor
Chain Daiklave: Speed 5, Accuracy +1 (+6), Damage 5L/2O (+10L), Defense +3 (+8), Rate 3
Exceptional War Fans: Speed 4, Accuracy +3 (+8), Damage +3L (+8L), Defense +3 (+8), Rate 2 - Enhanced with a Fire benediction
Sash (Seven-Section Staff): Speed 5, Accuracy -2 (+3), Damage 7B (+12B), Defense +3 (+8), Rate 2

Clinch: Speed 6, Accuracy +0, Damage 0B, Defense +0, Rate 1
Kick: Speed 5, Accuracy +0, Damage +3B, Defense -2, Rate 2
Punch: Speed 5, Accuracy +1, Damage 0B, Defense +2, Rate 3

Ragnar stood back... not out of fear but to ready his stance. The barbarian gritted his and scowled deeply.

With his anger building and his banner burning bright, he let out a furious roar into the face of the abomination. A battle cry, to remind this creature that it was to fear Ragnar not the other way around.

As the strange abomination burst free from the corpse, Sirocco screeched, and took flight, above the heads of her friends. Time for these abominations, this one, and the detahknights, to find their eternal slumber.

4 successes

Psychie Psychie is up first. Please remember to post the Speed of your action so I can record it correctly.

Order of Initiative

0 - Darian <====
1 -
2 - Aredin
3 - Ragnar, Sirocco
4 - Monster
5 -
6 -

Dipping deep into her wellspring of Essence, Darian prepares for battle, her Anima flaring bright as her power flows into her Charms. Swinging her Chain Daiklave rapidly, she backs away, playing a waiting game for the moment until she has an idea of just what this monster is capable of.
Activating Dreaming Pearl Courtesan Form Charm 5m, Iron Kettle Body 4m 1wp, and Infinite Martial Arts Mastery 20m 1wp

Speed 5

Health Levels
-0 [ ]
-1 [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
-2 [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] - [ ][ ][ ]
-4 [ ]
I [ ]
Dying [ ][ ]

Soak: 1L/2B - +5L/+5B from Infinite Resplendence Amulet, up to +5L/+10B from Pearlescent Filigree Defense (One Scene), +4A/+8L+8B from Iron Kettle Body (One Scene), +4A/+8L/+8B from Iron Skin Concentration (Instant)

14L/15B/4A

Willpower: 8 / 6

Essence: 5
Personal: 23
Peripheral: 53 (39) / 10
Committed: 14

Dodge DV: 7
Parry DV with War Fans: 8 (11)
Parry DV with Chain Daiklave: 8 (11)

Dodge MDV: 5

Join Battle: 7

Weapons and Armor
Chain Daiklave: Speed 5, Accuracy +1 (+6), Damage 5L/2O (+10L), Defense +3 (+8), Rate 3
Exceptional War Fans: Speed 4, Accuracy +3 (+8), Damage +3L (+8L), Defense +3 (+8), Rate 2 - Enhanced with a Fire benediction
Sash (Seven-Section Staff): Speed 5, Accuracy -2 (+3), Damage 7B (+12B), Defense +3 (+8), Rate 2

Clinch: Speed 6, Accuracy +0, Damage 0B, Defense +0, Rate 1
Kick: Speed 5, Accuracy +0, Damage +3B, Defense -2, Rate 2
Punch: Speed 5, Accuracy +1, Damage 0B, Defense +2, Rate 3

Rykon Rykon is up next

0 - [Darian]
1 -
2 - Aredin <====
3 - Ragnar, Sirocco
4 - Monster
5 - Darian
6 -

"If this pathetic abomination is all you have then you and your master are doomed!" Aredin spat, blood boiling. Rather than terror, he just let anger fuel his swings. Even though he'd yet to raise his full defenses, he stepped upon the undulating mass of flesh expanding into the dust and leaped. He tucked his knees to his chest and rolled forward with sword raised. Spinning with the force of his fury, he'd attempt to strike with three rotating cuts then land on his feet, interposing his wrath-guided blade between this eyesore and his bride.

Flurrying three attacks and a Defend Other: target Darian.

Only active scene-long right now is Infinite Melee Mastery as declared earlier.

What stunt would that qualify for Sherwood Sherwood ?

Motes Remaining: 2 | 36

Users who are viewing this thread

Back