• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Trial By Fire - Exalted 2e IC Thread

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
The force of the blow is enough to send the Goblin King reeling backwards along the base of the pyramid, leaving him off balance and vulnerable until his DV has a chance to refresh.

MasterDAF MasterDAF is up

5 - [Aredin], [Darian]
6 - [Sirocco]
7 - Viktor <====
8 - Annika, Filial Wisdom
9 - Aredin
10 - Darian, Sirocco
Edited to show the results of Sirocco's successful attack.
MasterDAF MasterDAF is up

Victor watched as the attacks of his circle-mates and allies were rebuffed over and over again. The large Solar seemed like some kind of powerful juggernaut, and his dark partner continued to hold back and observe. That can't bode well. Is this just like a training exercise for Filial Wisdom, a chance to show off in front of the dark one? He looked down at Daylight Doom of the Unshaped, his caste mark bouncing brightly off the magnificent golden daiklave. Perhaps it'll take all of us, shoulder to shoulder, to take that monster down.

Sirocco's wing thrashing struck true, and forced the mad Solar back. Viktor's hand clenched around the handle of his daiklave, and his heart beat excitedly. From his raised vantage point he felt sure the Lunar's attack had wrenched open the Goblin King's defenses, if only for a moment. I've gotta strike now, before he regains his stable footing!

Without a second thought, Viktor vaulted over the side of the airship and launched himself towards the off-balanced Solar. He raised his weapon high, hefting it up for an overhead strike similar to those he typically dealt with his hammer. The balance of the weapon felt strange in the crafter's hand, but the reassuring bond that resonated between himself and the ancient wonder helped to alleviate it.

"We are the bright future, Filial, and you are nothing but the reminder of a ruinous past! No more shall Rathess fear your cruelty and madness!" Viktor's anima burst forth triumphantly, overtaking and obscuring him within the golden image of a mighty elephant bearing down upon Filial Wisdom. Each trunk was the point of a glimmering daiklave, each hoof the slamming of a smashfist, and under such an assault it would truly take a Herculean effort to escape unscathed.

[Essence/WP Costs: One Weapon Two Blows (3m), Joint-Wounding Attack (2m), 1st Melee Excellency (8m), and One Auto-Success (1WP)]
[Leaping Daiklave Strike: Dexterity (4) + Melee (4) + Daiklave (4) + Stunt (2) + Charm (8) = 18 + 1 =19 Successes]

Last edited:
Viktor's mighty swing comes arcing down, catching the Solar while he is unbalanced. But, with a flash of more Essence being spent, Filial Wisdom increases his Soak to 24. Go ahead and roll your damage.

5 - [Aredin], [Darian]
6 - [Sirocco]
7 - Viktor <====
8 - Annika, Filial Wisdom
9 - Aredin
10 - Darian, Sirocco

The mad Solar sneers at you as he struggles to regain his balance.

jaydude jaydude is up with Annika

7 - [Viktor]
8 - Annika, Filial Wisdom <===
9 - Aredin
10 - Darian, Sirocco
11 - Viktor

As the fight raged on, with Viktor and Sirocco joining the melee with Filial Wisdom, Annika drew another knife and dashed forward, wanting to get close enough to use her knives without having to boost their range with her essence.

[Using Dash to move to 25 feet away from F.W.]

Health:
-0: 00
-1: 000
-2: 0000
-4: 0
Incapacitated

Willpower: 5
Essence: 4
Personal Essence: 14/17
Non-committed Peripheral Essence: 31/31

Last edited:
The mad Solar looks up at the group of Exalts attacking him with unmistakable rage in his eyes. He leaps up into the air, and comes down right next to Aredin. With his Grand Daiklave moving with a blur of speed, he takes five different swings on you. "You have come to the end of your miserable existence, you insolent whelp! Now die! Die die die!"

Attack totals:
#1: 8 successes
#2: 17 successes
#3: 12 successes
#4: 9 successes
#5: 16 successes

Don't forget the Onslaught penalties as you calculate your DV.

Rykon Rykon has a defense to declare, then you are up next.

7 - [Viktor]
8 - [Annika], [Filial Wisdom]
9 - Aredin <====
10 - Darian, Sirocco
11 - Viktor, Annika
12 -
13 -
14 - Filial Wisdom

[Note: Aredin still has Fivefold Bulwark stance active, as mentioned previously, so he does not suffer any onslaught penalties. base Parry DV is 13 still]

Aredin manages to raise his blade for some strikes, but others require his essence to evade. With each sliding step and spark of steel, he would continue to draw Filial's gaze away from his comrades while keeping them in his own vision as he alternated parries and dodges as his reflexes allowed. I have to keep going for her, for all of them. With the last parry, he rooted his feet onto the walkway of the pyramid and prepared to strike with all he had. I have to protect them...

The slim, gleaming daiklave the young lord held seemed to draw in sunlight into a corona of essence around the edge. "I won't let you reach a single one of my comrades! It's over!" Bright wings of light spread from Aredin's back as his anima flared to its peak, the shadowed falcon begain to rise into the air as quills of light began to scrawl their script into the air in ink of white light. Aredin charged forward swiftly changing the momentum of the fight to put Filial back on the defensive.

[Spending 16m to perfectly dodge attacks 2 and 5, his DV is sufficient to parry the rest. I definitely don't have the soak to risk hits from a Grand Daiklave.

Aredin commits to a full 4 attack flurry... Rolling attacks...
Attack 1 =14s
Attack 2 = 17s
Attack 3 = 8s
Attack 4 = 11s

NOTE: Still speed 4, as per Reaper Daiklave]

Last edited:
Attack one hits with just one success
Attack two hits with four successes
Attack three misses
Attack four hits with one success

His lethal Soak is still at 24. Go ahead and roll your damage.
Rykon Rykon

7 - [Viktor]
8 - [Annika], [Filial Wisdom]
9 - Aredin <====
10 - Darian, Sirocco
11 - Viktor, Annika
12 -
13 - Heaven
14 - Filial Wisdom

Aredin's multiple sword strikes cut deep into the crazed man in front of you, drawing several sprays of blood that begin to run down his large frame. He lets out a ragged gasp of pain and looks over at the still idle Abyssal. "Well? Aren't you going to do something? Help me destroy them! I command you to!"

The figure dressed all in black cocks his head to one side and says, "Hmmm. Why should I? You seemed to be so confident before."

Filial snarls out, "You would betray me? After all I have done for you?"

"Is it really betrayal when I never really served you at all? From the very beginning, your end was foretold by my true Master. So, I shall leave you to your own devices and let these fellow Exalts do my dirty work for me." With that, the dark figure turns his back and walks away, seemingly with complete confidence that he will not be stopped.

The Goblin King pulls himself up and raises up his sword. "I still have some fight left in me. Come! Lets end this."

Psychie Psychie and Red Shadow Claws Red Shadow Claws are up.

9 - [Aredin]
10 - Darian, Sirocco <====
11 - Viktor, Annika
12 -
13 - Heaven, Aredin
14 - Filial Wisdom

"I Would be more than happy to tear apart your remaining fighting" Squeaked Sirocco as she let her wings lift her higher, till she was flying with her wings outstretched at a point where she obscured the sun from Filial Wisdom's Face, her silhouette outlined by it. "Filial Wisdom, you have betrayed the responsibilities and power given to you by the Unconquered Sun, and as a Chosen of Luna, I condemn you." As she said this, her anima flared into a seven silvery wings outstretched from her back. And then, like her namesake, she flew down at the Solar, her wings set to cut him to ribbons.

Assuming a 2 die stunt, and using 1 WP for an auto success on the attack roll. Spending 5m on First Dexterity Excellency for each attack.
Performing a 2 attack flurry

Attack 1: 18 successes
Attack 2: 14 successes

Last edited:
As Sirocco unleashes her assault, Darian slips her free hand into a pocket and pulls out two of her war fans. She spins around and flings the two props out at the Solar. Darian then follows up the fan attack with a pair of rapid swings from the Chain Daiklave, hoping to score several wounds into the heart of the Goblin King. As she attacks, the dancing woman thinks, I must dip deep into my wellspring of Essence to bring this monster down!
Spending 3m on Lethal Paper Fan Attack to boost the Accuracy by +4, and another 8m on Flurry of August Leaves Concentration to get a total of four attacks with my Chain Daiklave and two War Fans. Finally, spending 10m on First Martial Arts Excellency.

Dice totals: Dex (5) + Skill (5) + Specialty (3) + Hearthstone (1) + Accuracy (9) + Charm (10) + Stunt (2) + Willpower (1 auto) = 35 dice

21 successes! Successes from the roll, penalized by the target’s DV, apply to all weapons simultaneously, and the damage is calculated normally as if she had performed the attack manually. The opponent does suffer an onslaught penalty to his DV for being attacked by multiple props, but each prop applies its damage separately.

Health Levels
-0 [ ]
-1 [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
-2 [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] - [ ][ ][ ]
-4 [ ]
I [ ]
Dying [ ][ ]

Soak: 1L/2B - +5L/+5B from Infinite Resplendence Amulet, up to +4L/+8B from Pearlescent Filigree Defense (One Scene), +4A/+8L+8B from Iron Kettle Body (One Scene), +4A/+8L/+8B from Iron Skin Concentration (Instant)
13L/23B

Willpower: 8 / 6

Essence: 4
Personal: 20 / 3
Peripheral: 45 / 4
Committed: 14

Dodge DV: 7
Parry DV with War Fans: 8 (10)
Parry DV with Chain Daiklave: 8 (10)

Dodge MDV: 5

Join Battle: 7

Weapons and Armor
Chain Daiklave: Speed 5, Accuracy +1 (+5), Damage 5L/2O (+9L), Defense +3 (+7), Rate 3
Exceptional War Fans: Speed 4, Accuracy +3 (+7), Damage +3L (+7L), Defense +3 (+7), Rate 2 - Enhanced with a Fire benediction
Sash (Seven-Section Staff): Speed 5, Accuracy -2 (+2), Damage 7B (+11B), Defense +3 (+7), Rate 2

Psychie Psychie
All four of your attacks hit.
#1 - 12 successes
#2 - 13
#3 - 14
#4 - 15

Soak is 24L. Roll your damage

Under the relentless onslaught of the Circle of Exalts all working together, the Goblin King's defenses are slowly broken down, leaving the large Exalt vulnerable. Each attack by itself does little, but when you combine the efforts of all of you, even this mighty Solar stands no chance.

As he stumbles from the hit he takes from Sirocco, Darian can see a opening where her attacks can easily rip into him. Your fans and Daiklave bite deep, causing even more blood to flow. With his strength flowing out of him, Filial Wisdom drops his sword, his hands clutching at his stomach, trying to keep his guts from slipping out. After staggering a few steps, you see his eyes roll back in his head and he falls to the ground with a wet splat of blood and entrails.

The Dragon Kings fighting around you let out a hissing cheer at the sight, all the while the few remaining members of the Goblin King's army let out a cry of despair as they see their master defeated.
Awesome job, everyone! You took down a Essence 6 Solar without taking any damage yourselves. I'm going to go ahead and give everyone 10 xp for a great battle.
jaydude jaydude Rykon Rykon Psychie Psychie MasterDAF MasterDAF Red Shadow Claws Red Shadow Claws Kalin Scarlet Kalin Scarlet

With the fall of Filial Wisdom, the remaining forces under his control are demoralized, and the Dragon Kings are busy taking advantage of the situation. The slaughter is terrible, and soon after, what few forces that remain break and run as they are being chased down by the exuberant Dragon Kings. The field of battle is now yours to control.

Aredin's hands quivered, still rattled from the force of crossing steel with the Mad Goblin King. He fell to a knee and leaned on the pommel of his blade as it sank between two stones to catch his breath and calm the shaking in his arms and legs. Adrenaline seemed to leave him all at once, leaving a shaky, weightless void in its place. "We won... it's done. Darling, if you would do him the one kindness and send his soul on. I hope he finds his right mind in the next life." It was then Aredin could feel his current limit. My spirit remembers how to fight, but this body hasn't quite caught up yet... This poor soul, he fought well, all things considered. Slowly, the young lord began to stand back upright, still breathing heavily. Just then the thought struck him.

"Where are they? Where are Han-Tha and the Death Knight?" Aredin asked in ragged breath, moving over slowly to claim the Grand Daiklave as proof of their victory.

"Hopefully the Sidereels will have had as much success with Han Tha as we did with him." said Annika, walking up to where the others were gathered and gesturing to the corpse of Filial Wisdom. Unlike Aredin, she'd had to expend very little of her essence and energy in the battle. Indeed, she'd barely had to do much.

Approaching the body, she felt relieved that such a threat had been dealt with, but also humbled at the sight of the elder Solar lying lifeless on the floor, his abdomen cut open, his blood coating his body and the surrounding stonework. All that power and experience, and he was reduced to this, by a well coordinated team of exalts. It was a stark reminder that for all their power, the Solars weren't invincible.

"I can look for the Deathknight if anyone wants to join me." she then said while looking at the others, not wanting to go off by herself if he was still around.

Aredin stowed the Grand Daiklave away into one of his elsewhere pockets in the coat generated by his Amulet and nodded to Annika, "I'll follow, don't mind the sluggishness for a bit though. My hands and legs are still a bit shaky after that clash. I'll catch up." He looked to the rest of the circle and smiled, "Well c'mon, we still need to reach Leeayta's sanctum and clear the temple."

"Okay. You want to check the sanctum before looking for the Deathknight?" Annika asked while looking at Aredin.

"Whichever we run into first I guess," Aredin replied with a shrug. "I mean, either way, it still means we still gotta search the place, right? Just try not to split up too much. We don't know what kind of surprises may still be active in there."

"Too true." said Annika, as she began looking for a way inside the pyramid.

Darian stands still for a moment, her lungs heaving from the exertion. She looks around at the cityscape as the fighting is coming to a close, wondering just what had happened to the spirit known as Han-Tha and the Sidereals that were out to attack him. In a quiet voice, she murmurs, "I hope that they are doing well. I would hate to lose any friends to this battle."

With a deep breath, she walks over to look down at the body of the fallen Solar as Aredin takes the Grand Daiklave away from him. "Such a waste. It is a real shame that we were not able to turn him back to serving the light of the Unconquered Sun instead of letting the darkness consume his soul. With any luck, his Shard will return to Creation in a worthy host."

Turning to her comrades, she says, "We must assume that the Deathknight is going to be hostile to us, and at least as powerful as us. It would be folly to do any less. But so long as we stick together, we can be successful in any contest of martial prowess. Lets go and see if the dark Exalt is still around."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back