• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Trial By Fire - Exalted 2e IC Thread

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
"Filial Wisdom! You are surrounded, outnumbered and outclassed! Don't make us kill you. Surrender now, and we will spare you. Resist, and you shall face the full measure of our power."
The large Solar looks about, but only sees a few Exalts standing before him, since Viktor is up in the airship and Annika is doing her best to remain unseen. He lets out a deep laugh, then lifts his huge Daiklave up to lick off some of the blood running along the blade. "Outnumbered, little mouse? I see three on two, but even if I were here by myself, I would hardly be 'surrounded' or 'outclassed'. Well, you are a pretty one, even if you aren't too smart? Perhaps instead of killing you, I'll take you prisoner and use you as a pleasant toy to play with, until you grow tiresome to me and I kill you."

He steps forward and strikes a battle pose, easily hoisting up the Grand Daiklave in one hand. "If you think that you can cross blades with me and live, feel free to try your skill. Come at me, one at a time or all at once! I will not falter."

While Filial Wisdom speaks, the dark figure of the Deathknight takes that as his cue to step back and away from the group of you, but he keeps his own sword in hand.

Rykon Rykon is up

0 - Filial Wisdom (delaying)
1 - Aredin <====
2 - Victor, Deathknight
3 - Annika
4 - Darian
6 - Sirocco

Holding from a snapping retort, Aredin felt his heart swell in his chest as he leaped into action. In an adrenaline surge, he whipped his blade in two flashing sweeps at Filial Wisdom's neck in an effort to push him back a few paces. He withheld his full speed so he could cover his allies while would seizing more level footing on the ornate pyramid's platform. As he took his place upon the pyramid he attempted to drown out the roar of battle, dividing his focus between his opponent, and his comrades. I have to focus on covering them so they can punch through his defenses... We'll see how well he can really handle this fight...

[Aredin flurries two attacks(+hungry tiger technique) and a defend other targetting Darian. Active scene long charms includes Infinite Melee Mastery and Fivefold Bulwark Stance. So Aredin will maintain a full melee excellency on all attacks and parry defenses and negate onslaught penalties.

Rolling attacks...

Attack 1=11 successes
Attack 2=16 successes]

Last edited:
Aredin is viper quick in his attack, but amazingly, the big Solar is just a bit quicker. You can tell from his poise and grace that you are facing a true blademaster, quite probably even better than you. This will be a battle of truly epic proportions.

Your first swing is met with a clash of Orichalcum that raises up sparks and a evil sneer from Filial Wisdom. Your second attack looks to be on target, but at the last possible second, the big man bends and twists out of the way with impossible speed. In a conversational tone of voice, he says, "Not bad. For a youngster, you have some small measure of skill. I thought that you were going to actually hit me with that one for a moment. Let me show you how its done."

His counter makes lightning seem to be slow moving. The great blade hurls towards you in two separate swings, the first getting 16 successes, the second only 13. What is your DV?

Rykon Rykon

(Don't forget to add your Speed to the post or else I'll just have to default it to a five.)

0 - [Filial Wisdom]
1 - [Aredin]
2 - Victor, Deathknight
3 - Annika, Filial Wisdom
4 - Darian
5 - Aredin
6 - Sirocco

Last edited:
Speed is 4 and base parry DV is 8, but I can enhance that with the first excellency and stunts right? Would that just be an added 10 dice or a flat 5? Either way, Aredin will also use Seven Shadow Evasion on Filial's first attack for 8 motes.

Aredin's form slides around the first strike, as if the very act of swinging pushed him from the blade's path. Once the blade had turned back toward him for a second strike, the young lord managed to raise his blade just in time for Orichalcum forged blades to lock again in a burst of sparks. Their clash lit the worn walkways of the ancient structure with the wafting motes of golden light in the air. "I'm just an Eclipse caste, old man. If you can't take me out quick, you might be in real trouble." As Aredin bantered, however, he had not forgotten the Death Knight. This is Whisper's master right? The fact that he hasn't stepped in yet is somewhat encouraging, though I doubt he will take her loss lightly.

Still... Filial should know about Whisper, that we converted her... Does he really have such poor intelligence of our number and company? I hope this isn't a trap... Then again, he is mad...

Last edited:
The other Solar does not seem surprised that you were able to evade his first attacks on you. These are just the first few steps in a long fight.

MasterDAF MasterDAF is up with Viktor

0 - [Filial Wisdom]
1 - [Aredin]
2 - Victor, Deathknight <====
4 - Darian
5 - Aredin
6 - Sirocco

Watching the massive essence expenditures of the brawl beneath him, Viktor was surprised by the ease with which the older Exalt turned Aredin's attacks to the side. The Crafter began to worry that perhaps his friends and allies would need more direct intervention on his part to carry the day, so he swung the vessel around overhead to give the Dragon-Kings a clearer shot at their two imposing foes.

If nothing else, these attacks will at least keep the Goblin King and that dark warrior on edge and perhaps provide a distracted opening for Lord Aredin.

While he whipped across the sky and over the engagement Viktor let his anima burst forth, it's glorious golden hues turning the small airship into a flying lantern as he slung his Essence-Pulse Grenade down towards the two Exalts. He prayed it would activate somewhere between and behind the imposing figures, to avoid hurting his comrades as much as possible.

[Essence/WP Costs: 1st Thrown Ex. (7m), Joint-Wounding Attack (2m), Willpower (1)]
[Steering Airship: Dexterity (4) + Ride (1) - Flurry (2) = 1 + WP (1) = 2 Successes]
[Grenade Throw: Dexterity (4) + Thrown (3) + Charm (7) + Stunt (1) - Flurry (3) = 7 Successes]

With the duel going on at the base of the pyramid raging, Viktor tries to get his grenade in between the Abyssal and Filial Wisdom. The two are moving around so much it is difficult to catch the mad Solar without getting Aredin in the blast, too. The Deathknight is keeping his guard up, and he's also able to leap backwards fast enough to keep out if the pulse.

The sudden assault, however, does distract Filial, giving Annika an opening in his defense that you can exploit (he is at a minus on his DV until after your attack).

jaydude jaydude is up with Annika

0 - [Filial Wisdom]
1 - [Aredin]
2 - [Viktor], Deathknight <====
4 - Darian
5 - Aredin
6 - Sirocco
7 - Viktor

Hoping to take advantage of Filial Wisdom's focus being split due to the sudden attack from Viktor, Annika jumped out of hiding with a throwing knife at the ready. Channelling her personal essence, she throws a knife at the corrupted Solar, her Charm causing the knife to fly much further than it should be able to.

[Using Triple Distance Attack Technique. 8 successes on attack roll, 13 raw damage.]

Health:
-0: 00
-1: 000
-2: 0000
-4: 0
Incapacitated

Willpower: 5
Essence: 4
Personal Essence: 14/17
Non-committed Peripheral Essence: 31/31

Last edited:
With the suddenness of Annika's strike, and with so much of his attention diverted towards Aredin, your knife manages to score a hit! You have two successes over your target number. His Soak is 16L at the moment. Go ahead and roll your damage.
jaydude jaydude

0 - [Filial Wisdom]
1 - [Aredin]
2 - [Viktor], Deathknight (delay)
3 - [Annika], Filial Wisdom
4 - Darian
5 - Aredin
6 - Sirocco
7 - Viktor
8 - Annika

The blade soars out, biting into the gaps of armor deep enough to cause a splash of red to be seen running out and causing a sudden snarl of pain. He glances over in Annika's direction with eyes smoldering with hate, but keeps his focus on Aredin and his sword.

Psychie Psychie is up with Darian

0 - [Filial Wisdom]
1 - [Aredin]
2 - [Viktor], Deathknight (delay)
3 - [Annika], [Filial Wisdom]
4 - Darian
5 - Aredin
6 - Sirocco
7 - Viktor
8 - Annika, Filial Wisdom

Forgot to post Filial's attack. :-_-lines:

Still focused on Aredin, the mad Solar launches a powerful swing at him, his Caste mark burning on his head. His swing scores a total of 15 successes. How do you wish to defend from this attack?
Rykon Rykon

Darian has enough willpower to keep from letting the caustic words of their enemy get to her, but she can't help feel a quickening of her heart when Aredin races into the fight with the crazed Solar as she worries about her love.

Maneuvering her Chain Daiklave into a rapid series of swings, she seeks to remind this fool that he is not facing just Aredin in melee combat, but the two of them working together. With a scornful laugh, she calls out, "Ha! First blood goes to the challengers. So much for the high and powerful Goblin King! More like the King of Fools, if you ask me! Have at you!"

13 successes, Speed 1 attack
Spending 10m on First MA Excellency, 3m on Lethal Paper Fan Attack to drop my Speed to 1, and a point of Willpower
Total Dice: Dex (5) + MA (5) + Specialty (3) + Accuracy (5) + Charm (10) + Hearthstone (1) + Stunt (2) = 31

Health Levels
-0 [ ]
-1 [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
-2 [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] - [ ][ ][ ]
-4 [ ]
I [ ]
Dying [ ][ ]

Soak: 1L/2B - +5L/+5B from Infinite Resplendence Amulet, up to +4L/+8B from Pearlescent Filigree Defense (One Scene), +4A/+8L+8B from Iron Kettle Body (One Scene), +4A/+8L/+8B from Iron Skin Concentration (Instant)
13L/23B

Willpower: 8 / 7

Personal: 20
Peripheral: 45 / 22
Committed: 14

Dodge DV: 7
Parry DV with War Fans: 8 (10)
Parry DV with Chain Daiklave: 8 (10)

Dodge MDV: 5

Join Battle: 7

Weapons and Armor
Chain Daiklave: Speed 5, Accuracy +1 (+5), Damage 5L/2O (+9L), Defense +3 (+7), Rate 3
Exceptional War Fans: Speed 4, Accuracy +3 (+7), Damage +3L (+7L), Defense +3 (+7), Rate 2 - Enhanced with a Fire benediction
Sash (Seven-Section Staff): Speed 5, Accuracy -2 (+2), Damage 7B (+11B), Defense +3 (+7), Rate 2

Last edited:
Darian's weapon lashes out at high speed, the weapon seems to catch the other Solar somewhat off guard. He obviously was not expecting you to be able to connect with a hit. You score a total of 6 successes. His Soak is 16. Go ahead and roll your damage.

Psychie Psychie

3 - [Annika], [Filial Wisdom]
4 - [Darian]
5 - Aredin, Darian
6 - Sirocco
7 - Viktor

Aredin watched the attack from Annika hit true, a smirk streaking across his face. "Such arrogance!"

With a careful step to slide around to his flank, Aredin would force the mad solar to stretch his wound, dig more pain into his side, and hinder his control of the already unwieldy Grand Daiklave. Raising his own daiklave, Aredin angled the flat of his polished blade to reflect the glaring light of anima back in the Goblin King's crazed eyes in an effort to draw his attention further from the others. Aredin then quickly stepped again toward his opponent, pressing the advantage with the blade still between himself and Filial Wisdom. Aredin had lowered himself, blade now up and close, hopefully pushing the old Solar to step back to get back in striking distance. I just hope I can keep up. I may have a lighter weapon, but he's no slug!

If his gambit worked, the opponent would fumble his balance while the young lord braced himself against the worn walkway of the decrepit temple. All the better to absorb the shock of solar steel on solar steel once more.

Any advantage I can take, I will. He will not lay another hand on any of my charges!

That maneuver is just enough to keep the wild eyed Solar from being able to score a solid hit on you. His blade whistles past your head with mere inches to spare.

Rykon Rykon and Psychie Psychie are both up

5 - Aredin, Darian <====
6 - Sirocco
7 - Viktor

Darian's eyes flash in delight as she sees her own blade draw a bit of blood. We may not be as powerful, but we will bleed him down until there is nothing left of him. Time to try and draw his wrath on me. "Once more, you underestimate the little one that you would take as your pet! Watch as I cut you to pieces!" With a sudden shift in her fighting stance, Darian leaps up into the air and brings her blade down on Filial Wisom's arm, trying to weaken his hold. Just before her attack can connect, however, she focuses her Essence into one devastating strike that powers its way through the defenses of her foe.

11 successes, Speed 5
This time, I'm using my Yellow Dragon Flight for 13m 1wp and 10m on the First MA Excellency. The attack is unblockable.
Die totals; Dex (5) + skill (5) + Charms (10) + Hearthstone (1) + Accuracy (5) + Stunt (2) = 28

Health Levels
-0 [ ]
-1 [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
-2 [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] - [ ][ ][ ]
-4 [ ]
I [ ]
Dying [ ][ ]

Soak: 1L/2B - +5L/+5B from Infinite Resplendence Amulet, up to +4L/+8B from Pearlescent Filigree Defense (One Scene), +4A/+8L+8B from Iron Kettle Body (One Scene), +4A/+8L/+8B from Iron Skin Concentration (Instant)
13L/23B

Willpower: 8 / 6

Personal: 20 / 19
Peripheral: 45 / 4
Committed: 14

Dodge DV: 7
Parry DV with War Fans: 8 (10)
Parry DV with Chain Daiklave: 8 (10)

Dodge MDV: 5

Join Battle: 7

Weapons and Armor
Chain Daiklave: Speed 5, Accuracy +1 (+5), Damage 5L/2O (+9L), Defense +3 (+7), Rate 3
Exceptional War Fans: Speed 4, Accuracy +3 (+7), Damage +3L (+7L), Defense +3 (+7), Rate 2 - Enhanced with a Fire benediction
Sash (Seven-Section Staff): Speed 5, Accuracy -2 (+2), Damage 7B (+11B), Defense +3 (+7), Rate 2

Last edited:
Aredin was a man who never learned to fight fair. After just having evaded a strike from Filial Wisdom, the young lord twisted his blade upward, aiming to impale the Goblin King at the base of his throat before following up with a rapid horizontal cut toward the neck all while continuing to push the dawn caste back toward the stairway. As he did last time, he made sure to give himself enough control of the blade to cover Darian should this brute get any more foul ideas than he already vocalized.

[Same as action flurry as before (which means hungry tiger technique is still enhancing these strikes for 1m each),
still speed 4

Rolling attacks 1 and 2...

Attack 1 = 12 successes
Attack 2 = 19 successes]

Moving with an inhuman speed, the mad Solar is able to evade all three of your attacks, but it must have been the result of a Charm, since his Anima banner is now glowing very bright as his Essence is spent in his defense.

Red Shadow Claws Red Shadow Claws is up with Sirocco

5 - [Aredin], [Darian]
6 - Sirocco <====
7 - Viktor
9 - Aredin
10 - Darian

Sirocco's wings outstretch, their gleaming Monsilver edges shine with the light of a thousand suns as the animas of the Solars around her are reflected and refracted, creating a shimmering rainbow of deep colors, just as the gleaming edges seem to grow extra thin and sharp, as the wings fold once more in a scissor-like maneuver aimed at Filial Wisdom's neck, when at the last minute, the entire wing glows with Moonsilver, and the flat edges of it are brought to bear, intending to throw the Solar back.

Assuming a 2-die stunt, 14 Successes.

Speed 4

Sirocco spends 4m on Mountain Stands Alone, so if I inflict any damage, Filial Wisdom will be thrown back 10 yards, and like Heaven Thunder Hammer, if he hits a solid object before he reaches that distance, he takes 1 bashing damage per yard remaining.

Last edited:
With the terrible onslaught of Exalts all fighting at once, eventually someone will get through his guard. This someone just happens to be Sirocco. Your attack manages to score five successes. His soak is 16. Go ahead and roll damage.

5 - [Aredin], [Darian]
6 - [Sirocco] <====
7 - Viktor
9 - Aredin
10 - Darian, Sirocco

Sirocco's wings strike the distracted Solar, and leaves a slight bruise at his shoulder, but the force of the blow sends him flying back. Sirocco smiles a wicked smile at Filial Wisdom, she barely used any essence on this attack, and it will certainly sting his honor, if he has any.

1 damage... and he's thrown back 10 yards

Last edited:
The force of the blow is enough to send the Goblin King reeling backwards along the base of the pyramid, leaving him off balance and vulnerable until his DV has a chance to refresh.

MasterDAF MasterDAF is up

5 - [Aredin], [Darian]
6 - [Sirocco]
7 - Viktor <====
9 - Aredin
10 - Darian, Sirocco

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back