• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Trial By Fire - Exalted 2e IC Thread

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Looking up at Annika, Voice says, "I know some measure of Sorcery, including Infallible Messenger. I can send a quick message, once these chains are off."

Apparently, there are some prearranged code words that have been set up, so if someone were to hear the message, they would not know what was being said.

Annika looked around at Viktor and Heaven. "Can either of you perform Infallible Messenger?" She asked.

She then looked back at the Abyssal with a pleasant smile. "Also, don't think I failed to notice that you didn't answer my second question. Where is your family being held? Assuming you know, of course."

Viktor looked surprised at Voice's exclamation, feeling worry for her family and the risk they were in. His eyes crinkled at the edges however as he considered the possibility that she was making a play to escape their custody.

"Yes," he nodded slowly, "I can perform such a spell. But how do we know she speaks the truth? I hate to give voice to such suspicions, but it would be unwise not to consider the possibility that this is a farce." He looked to their Abyssal captive. "Do you have any kind of proof that might lend credibility to your story?"

Sirocco regards the Abyssal coolly. Was it really a ruse to be able to send word to her master, this Walker in Darkness?

is there any way for Sirocco to know about the Walker? or about a nearby Lunar? maybe she knows about Ma-Ha-Suchi's lair?

The Abyssal looks up at Annika. "What few relatives I have left are living in the Shadowland around the fortress that the Walker in Darkness has built." She gives rough directions on the location of his domain. "If I had a map, I could show you better. But right now, if I do not send the message, you can for me. Around my neck is a small locket with a picture of my sister, Gwen. Tell her whatever you want, but include the phrase 'the flowers are blooming in in the countryside'. That is our danger signal to flee while she can and to warn the others."

From what Sirroco can recall, there is a Lunar living not too far from the Shadowland that Voice describes; one of the older Lunars still around. It may be possible to establish contact with him and gain some information at the least; a powerful ally at best.

Sirocco eyes the Solars, and if any of them makes a move to cast said spell, she will nudge them, and ask them to step aside, and inform them of the Lunar's existence, and that it might be a possible source of information, and maybe a possible ally.

Viktor tightened his lips, weighing the 'proof' Voice had provided to Annika. He nodded to his two fellow Solars and Sirocco. "Well?"

Sirocco looks at Viktor, and says "Before you send that message, might i confer with you for a few seconds?" And she takes some steps towards the exit, so that it would be harder for the Abyssal to hear, and to further it, she stands with her back to the Abyssal.

While the one group in the Flying Tower is interrogating the prisoner, the others make their way from the mass of mausoleums back to the Undercity. Once more, whatever it is that lurks in the darkness below ground skitters away from the group of Exalted as you return to the hidden entrance to the Tower. As you come in, one of the Awakened Raptoks comes up to the group. "We are having the forces around us watched from above, but so far, there is no activity from them. They seem content to simply watch and wait, for what signal? We have no way of knowing. But in the event of an attack, we have several traps laid out and ready to spring on them. We will not lose the Tower easily."

Aredin nodded to the Raptok. "We have succeeded at garnering reinforcements from the Lions. Keep eyes out and keep me updated on their disposition. I need to see what we've learned from our would be assassin. In the meantime, make sure those unable to fight are cared for before you resume your duties." Aredin turned to his Sidereal friend for a moment to impose upon him a little more as he continued heading to the interrogation chamber. "Dunbar, if you have the capacity, can you inquire on the status of Gwynnin? All this death and chaos kerfufflery makes my teeth itch. I think we could all use some good news." Or extra warning if our luck runs thin. That Mellar mess still troubles me.

Viktor nodded. "Yes, certainly." He followed the Lunar out of Voice's earshot and turned his back to the prisoner, knowing Annika would be keeping a keen eye on the Abyssal.

SIrocco leans in a bit, her left hand caressing Vitkor's neck, seemingly flirting with him, to those on the outside, but her words are in contrast, since she uses the hand momvement to further hide her mouth from the Abyssal. "I do not like her request, but if she is speaking the truth, we might not want to take a chance. But, There is a Lunar elder I know of, not too far from the Walker's location, and maybe we can contact him, and gain some information, and if we play our cards right, maybe we can gain an ally against the Walker."

Heaven looked surprised when Sirocco moved away from the group, calling Viktor along. His curiosity became an irrational anger as her hand came to rest on the blacksmith's neck. His mind started asking a dozen questions he didn't have answers for, as he froze in shock.

Viktor's eyes widened, shooting open in response to Sirocco's gentle hand motions playing across his neck. I thought she was involved with Heaven? Perhaps I was mistaken. Are they... Her likely intention dawned on the crafter. Oh wait, what a smart way to conceal herself from our intrepid prisoner.

He nodded slowly as she informed him of the Elder Lunar. "Yes, perhaps we can." Viktor looked over to their captive, and then back to Sirocco. "Maybe we can use this to our advantage. I could use the Infallible Messenger spell to contact your Elder while out of earshot of Voice, and then inform her that her message has been sent. If she is waiting to spring a trap, we are bound to find out soon after. And if not," he shrugged, "we send her message a tad bit later than she'd prefer. What do you think of that?"

Aredin nodded to the Raptok. "We have succeeded at garnering reinforcements from the Lions. Keep eyes out and keep me updated on their disposition. I need to see what we've learned from our would be assassin. In the meantime, make sure those unable to fight are cared for before you resume your duties." Aredin turned to his Sidereal friend for a moment to impose upon him a little more as he continued heading to the interrogation chamber. "Dunbar, if you have the capacity, can you inquire on the status of Gwynnin? All this death and chaos kerfufflery makes my teeth itch. I think we could all use some good news." Or extra warning if our luck runs thin. That Mellar mess still troubles me.
Dunbar nods. "I will begin to make my inquiries right away, but I'm sure that there is no worries back home."

As the various Exalts approach the location that the Abyssal is being interrogated, you can see that the woman is still bound in place with the heavy Soulsteel chains, being watched by several of the Awakened Raptok while the other Exalts are gathered off to one side in deep conversation. There appears to be a question on how much trust can be placed in the words of the prisoner.

just in case people are not getting alerts:
Red Shadow Claws Red Shadow Claws Psychie Psychie MasterDAF MasterDAF Kalin Scarlet Kalin Scarlet Rykon Rykon jaydude jaydude

Aredin removes hit coat and tosses it aside, leaving it to scatter into hundreds of motes of light. He'd sit on the floor lazily and stretched out a bit.Having heard of the misgivings his circle had with the prisoner Aredin nodded. "You're right not to trust her. Whisper, unless you are willing to swear to be completely honest with no misdirection or lies by omission, we will not make any effort to send any message to any one. It's that simple." Aredin said flatly with a serious expression on his face. With a discriminating gaze, he'd attempt to gauge her mental state for any signs of deception.

Darian stands next to Aredin as they look down at the captured Exalt. A part of her was still lost in the pain of the arrows that punched into her earlier from this woman's bow, while another part of her was struggling to want to give her a chance to turn away from her dark path and return to the lands of the living. "You need to be straight with us, or we can't help you. Look at me. What is the truth of this?" Darian decides to stack the deck a bit. When a person lies, it affects their heartbeat and breathing. Perhaps I can hear her if she lies to us about this.
spending 5m on First Perception Excellency, and 5m on my other two Hearing Charms to boost my hearing through the roof, trying to hear any changes in the Abyssal's heartbeat or respiration.

22 successes.

The prisoner is in a state of constant fear, so that makes determining if she is lying a little more difficult. Difficult, but not impossible, especially for one of Sol's Chosen. Between Aredin and Darian, the two of you get the feeling that Voice is not telling you everything, and is still being deceptive in her responses. What do you wish to do about it?

Darian lets out a slight sigh of disappointment. "Even now, you still lie when the truth could have set you free. Why? What power does this Walker in Darkness hold over you? Is it just your mortal family? I am sure that we can send a message to them, or find a way to get them out of the danger that they are in. Trust in our ability to help you."

As Sirocco and Viktor discussed their plan of attack, Annika kept an eye on the Voice. When Aredin, Darian and Dunbar returned, Annika gave each of them a friendly smile. "Any luck with those Celestial Lions?" she asked, having not been privy to the conversation between Aredin and the awakened Raptok.

"Even now, you still lie when the truth could have set you free. Why? What power does this Walker in Darkness hold over you? Is it just your mortal family? I am sure that we can send a message to them, or find a way to get them out of the danger that they are in. Trust in our ability to help you."

"How were you able to tell she was lying?" Annika asked, curious about whatever ability Darian had just used.

Viktor nodded and whispered back, "I agree."

The Twilight crafter began moving his hands through a pattern of sigils to gather essence for the spell. "What is the name of the Lunar I will be sending our message to?"

Aredin holds a hand up to signal a pause in the process, "Before we continue with questions I need to hear that oath I asked for. No lies, no tricks, you are free to refuse to answer if you must, but I will not trust a word from your mouth until I hear you make that oath. Period." Aredin said flatly as his caste mark dimly illuminated. "I won't help anyone that is still determined to toy with me. Not when it can come at the cost of lives I'm sworn to protect. I am confident you would do the same were our roles reversed, would you not?" Probably worse, given the deathlord thing, but I'll leave that alone for now.

"How were you able to tell she was lying?" Annika asked, curious about whatever ability Darian had just used.
Darian turns to look at Annika with a smile. "I could hear the changes in her heartbeat and breathing. Most people cannot control their own bodies enough to be able to suppress these changes, and from my gifts from the Unconquered Sun, I can hear such changes if I listen very carefully." She turns her attention to the prone figure. "You have your chance to make a difference in your life. Are you going to take it?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back