• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Trial By Fire - Exalted 2e IC Thread

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Leeayta looks over at Annika and nods. "Yes, she is aware, and has given her blessing to be here as we also guard the airships that is her domain in the city. Since you have flown into Rathess, she is undoubtedly aware of your presence here, and it will not take much for her to be called forth. And as for dealing with the Goblin King, you may actually have better luck than my children, simply because you are Solars yourselves. I'm not saying he will welcome you with open arms, but you might have a more favorable reception than we have."

Aredin looks to the circle, inquiring as to their thoughts on the Goblin King. "After what he's done thus far, could any of us really welcome or trust him? Assuming he even could be steered away from his bloody course without causing massive losses."

Darian sadly shakes her head. "I fear that we will find that our only option is to allow his Shard to re-Exalt in some other host. From what has been said of him, he seems to be lost in his madness."

"He certainly doesn't seem like the type who would accept being someone's vassal." Annika said to Aredin and Darian. "But you never know, if we get the chance to talk with him, we might learn a few things."

She then turned to Leeyata. "Do you know how we could convince Rezla to pay us a visit?"

Viktor listened as the others spoke, mostly agreeing with the conversations so far. He liked the idea of trying his hand at repairing the ships docked within the towers. If he could get them up and running, that could greatly increase their effectiveness against the Goblin King. As he had learned time and time again, Lookshy's consistent use of First-Age transports provided their ground troops with air superiority and immeasurable support during military operations. Making use of similar tactics here in Rathess would most likely help net the same benefits, keeping troops supplied and casualty rates low.

"I think Aredin is right. If this self-styled Goblin King is allowing his followers to eat the Dragon-Kings they capture, then he is no better than the Eastern barbarian hoardes that threatened the Confederation of Rivers." He shook his head at Annika in disagreement. "Sorry Annika, I respect your opinion on reserving judgement until we get the chance to meet them. But as far as I am concerned, rulers like that can't be reasoned with. Certainly not if they allow such a sin against Gaia to flourish within their ranks."

He rubbed his chin as the Night-caste voiced her question to Leeyata. "Rezla's blessing would be very helpful in our endeavors. Perhaps we could extend to her an offer of alliance? Something to go into effect after we have returned Rathess to prominence...maybe a promise to promote worship of both her person and the concept of artificial flight? We could make worship of the gods of Rathess a requisite of citizenship, to be recognized alongside the likes of Celestial gods such as the Incarnae?"

He turned to Aredin. "I know you aim for the empire to allow freedom of worship. This certainly wouldn't be done as a threat to such a system, but perhaps as an addendum to it. One could think of it as a single mandatory monthly veneration, showing thanks to a select few gods who helped build our nation into what it will eventually be. Sort-of like a state-sponsored ceremony, perhaps coupled with a day of rest, to promote goodwill amongst the citizenry. The gods would assumedly be more willing to lend us aid due to the influx of worship, and the citizenry would hopefully harbor no ill-will towards it because it would be focused through the lens of Imperial-pride rather than one's chosen deity for personal worship."

Viktor shrugged. "The details and minutae of it all could be figured out later, I suppose. But for now if she and the other gods of Rathess agreed, it would provide us with tangible support in our fight to retake Rathess from the Fae and the taboo-indulgent Goblin King. An assurance of worship in exchange for aid in a fight that they already share mutual goals in; that would be pretty hard for her to turn down, don't you think?"

"Sorry Annika, I respect your opinion on reserving judgement until we get the chance to meet them. But as far as I am concerned, rulers like that can't be reasoned with. Certainly not if they allow such a sin against Gaia to flourish within their ranks."

"Yes, in my experience, cannibals tend to be somewhat unhinged. And I say that as someone who used to hang out with assassins." Annika said, grinning at Viktor.

Aredin raised an eyebrow at Viktors comment on religious policy. "Freedom of worship? No, absolutely not. Last thing we need exposure to is dark cults of one form or another. Lawful gods will have no problem courting followers and priests though."

Seeing Annika's banter with the others gave him the impression that he should avoid further aggravation of his peers. I need to calm the hells down already. Eliminating these Raksha is a worthy goal, but it won't bring Kuridin back. Aredin would spend the remainder of his time offloading cargo from his magic pockets before the raid on the tower. "Arrog, i had brought supplies from Gwynnin in the event we had an extended stay and needed food. Could you help me make room for any salvage we may need to recover? I'd rather not clutter this nest with our random sundries."

"Um...well, if all the little details are settled, I think I'll...just go over here...yeah." Laughing nervously, Heaven made his way to a quiet corner and simply watched Sirocco as she sparred with the awakened dragon warriors. Seeing how the two of them held very little equipment, Heaven was at a loss for what to do besides think about the problems the group had been presented with. It wasn't often the young Solar went looking for trouble, and this adventure was certainly troublesome.

The bright side to this was that there were possible allies in the region -a pair of probably fine maidens- that could help make things easier. How that would go was up in the air however; Aredin seemed a headstrong sort, who tended to create enemies just as often as he did friends.

Darian ponders a moment, then says, "Didn't someone say that Relza is very protective of the remaining airships on the Flying Tower? Wouldn't she be more positively inclined to deal with us if our Artificer is able to make one or more of them fly again? Viktor, how much time would it take to make some repairs, assuming that you have the tools needed for such work? If that will take too long, Leeayta, how do you contact Relza? Having her blessing here would be a bonus to us."

As the various Exalts talk, Sirocco is busy in the air of the large chamber, flying about in a complex dance with the two Pteroks. It is quickly clear to her that they are not as skilled in a fight as you are; these are still fairly young, and are just on the very edge of Enlightenment. At least the aerial duel is not one of hostility, but more a three dimensional game of tag. Once Sirocco understands that, you can really enjoy yourself and have some fun.

When Darian brings up the idea of fixing up the airships, Viktor would know that it will most likely take a sizable amount of time to give even the least damaged ships there a good tune-up, probably longer than you want to spend right now. As she asks Leeayta about getting in touch with Relza herself, Dunbar clears his throat. "Um, I hope that I'm not overstepping a bit here, but I do believe that we are already being watched by Relza at this moment, are we not?" He looks over at what appears to be empty space, but suddenly, a beautiful woman covered in blue feathers and sporting a large set of wings on her back materializes.

Leeayta bows her head, and the feathered woman steps forward. "I was aware of your presence from the moment your Globe of Transport came flying over the city. No powered flight takes place here in Rathess without my knowledge, and I have been waiting to hear what your intentions are before revealing myself to you." She walks over and joins Leeayta on the bench that the Lizard Queen is currently sitting. "If what you are saying is the truth, we have similar goals in mind for the future of this city. I have been working to Awaken more of the Dragon King population and helping to teach them their ancient Paths of Prehuman Mastery in order to be able to be more effective in defending themselves."

She then directs her attention at Aredin. "I can help you with your efforts here, but I would want you to focus your efforts first on clearing out the other Flying Tower to keep the ships of my domain out of the hands of the Fae. Then, once that has been taken care of, the effort to remove the mad Solar and his ilk from the Pyramid can begin."

Aredin smiled as Relza approached, "That's been my plan... It's about time for us to depart though, I'm sure we could all use a good stretch after the ride here. Let's worry about the next plan once the first phase is complete." Aredin stretched his legs, back, and arms. Even though his meditations were technically training, the body always needs a chance to unwind. Now it seemed the time had come to show the fruits of his labor. "Everyone ready to go? Mind if I get a volunteer to power the globe this time?"

Heaven leaps to his feet, the young man full of life suddenly, for no apparent reason that would be obvious to anyone in the room, certainly. "I think I can handle that! Anything to help these wonderful ladies take back their home!" Heaven bows deeply, arm crossed over his chest, taking a moment to flash a smile, before heading off towards their transport."

Viktor returned Annika's grin, amused at her quip about cannibal mannerisms. He then looked quickly to Aredin and stifled his smile to be more serious. "Yes, of course; my mistake. I must have suffered a momentary lack in memory."

After Relza appeared and spoke to the group, Viktor turned to Darian. "As much as I'd love to get my hands on those skyships," he paused before glancing quickly at the newly revealed goddess, "with Relza's permission, I do not believe I could have them fixed any time soon. I haven't been elbows-deep in flight stabilizers or industrial essence conductors since my earliest days as an apprentice to a full fledged Sorcerer-Engineer."

He rubbed his left arm with his right, thinking through the challenges that would await. "Those ships must have been sitting idle for a few centuries at least, if not longer. I imagine they're gonna need more than a slight tune-up to get their essence thrusters working again. On top of that, there's a good chance I won't even recognize their precursor models if they predate the current tech too much. That could make it even more difficult to fix their flight systems without improperly rewiring them and accidently turning a small skiff into a big unstable explosive..."

He looked to the assembled group, and quickly tried to change tracks before he mistakenly talked them all out of ever using the transports. "Don't get me wrong, with enough time and effort I've no doubt I can get them running again. I'm sure the Sun will get me that far, especially if Relza has any existing manuals covering ship maintenance. But unfortunately, I won't be snapping my fingers and making them hum to life before your eyes."

Darian quickly offers up a respectful bow to the newly revealed goddess. "M'lady, it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance. Let me assure you that my husband and my friends here are quite sincere in our desire to reestablish Rathess as a vibrant city for not only the Dragon Kings, but as a beacon of hope for all Exalted, mortals, and spirits of Creation."

Sirocco lands, probably the gentlest landing Heaven ever saw her do, the joy of having played a game while in flight fully etched on her face, and bringing to the fore her youth, which is usually disguised behind a grim and determined mask. She bows to Rezla, and speaks to both goddesses. "It is a pleasure to be in your exalted presence. Once our missions are done, I'd be more than happy to teach your children the Dagger Wind Style, and since I love flying, I am very happy to make sure that no enemies of Creation will gain air dominance, and that flying be available to many more to enjoy."

Previously...
"Freedom of worship? No, absolutely not. Last thing we need exposure to is dark cults of one form or another. Lawful gods will have no problem courting followers and priests though."

"I hardly think Viktor was advocating the worship of dark gods." Annika remarked with a teasing smile. "But we can discuss the matter further when we have control of this city." She added, not wanting to get distracted from their mission by any unnecessary discussions.

Now...
When Rezla appeared, Annika turned and bowed to her as well. "As Darian here just said, we're here to help." She said after she had stood back up. "And you can rest assured that the next time I have to travel a long distance, or sneak into a city, I'll try to use a means of artificial flight."

She let out a chuckle at Heaven's enthusiastic offer to power the transport globe. "I'm ready if everyone else is." She said to the assembled Exalts as a whole.

Viktor placed his pack down, letting it rest against a wall, and retrieving the armaments he would need for the inevitable sortie against their foes in the other tower.

"As am I." He gripped his daiklave tight in one hand and his shield in the other, then nodded to their Eclipse-caste liege. "Ready at your behest, Aredin."

"Apologies if I'm a bit picky with such things Viktor and Annika. I have to make sure I tend to such details with great care, much like I'm sure your projects demand of you. So, i get a bit carried away." Aredin replied, ruffling the hair on the back of his head during the awkward pause.

"Anyhow, let's get underway. Were you volunteering to steer the globe Heaven? I just need a hand balancing the essence required to fuel the thing. Though, I'm sure Relza would love to show you some pointers on handling and getting us to the ideal landing zone." Aredin added, shamelessly volunteering the services of the goddess on a spur of impulse as he handed over with crystal sphere with his hearthstone already inside.

So, just what path are you guys taking? Are you going to go back to Gwynnin for a bit? Head over to the other Flying Tower and start a smackdown on the Fae? If so, do you fly, or go by ground? Or are you going to approach the Goblin King?

(So far, I've been under the impression that we're going after the Fae, and attacking from the air. At least that's what I read Aredin as wanting to do.)

I just want to make sure that I am on the same page as everyone else.

So, we are going to the other Tower from the air? Is everyone good with that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back