• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Trial By Fire - Exalted 2e IC Thread

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Heaven made his way inside, patting Sirocco on her shoulder gently as he prepared to step in. "Hey...thanks for backing down. I know things have been difficult, but I think our fortunes are looking up." Heaven smiles, rubbing her shoulder once more before moving to head upstairs.

"You, uh...will the food be okay for you? I, remember you have your... preference. You can go eat and meet with me later, if you prefer." He asked, knowing his partner well enough to recognize her tendency to stifle herself for his sake. Something he appreciated more than she could know, but also desired more than anything to cease.

"You do know that I CAN eat like other humans... I know my preferred method isn't quite to your taste, but I can be civil, on occasion. And as you said, I do not want to give offense to these possible allies."

"Heh, yes, I know, I just... nevermind. Let's not keep them waiting much longer." Heaven said, touching a hand to his Infinite Resplendence Amulet, as the fabric making up his clothes started to sparkle, as if stars were contained within each thread. Smiling supportingly to his partner, he made his way forward, looking for the way to the dining hall.

When their visitors arrive in the dining room, Darian greets them both. "Welcome to Gwynnin! It is a pleasure to have more Exalts from around Creation gathering here in our little corner of the world. I am Darian, a Zenith Caste and the Priestess of the Unconquered Sun. This charming man next to me is Aredin, my husband and fellow Exalt of the Unconquered Sun and Lord of this town. Also joining us is Annika, Viktor, and Durke, also Exalts of the Sun. Please, join us at the table and introduce yourselves."

Heaven takes a deep breath before entering the dining hall, his clothes sparkling brightly with the slightest movement. As he pushes the doors open, he offers Sirocco one final smile, in an act of reassurance, for her and himself, both. As the oair are addressed. By the Lady of this new territory, he smiles. "It's a pleasure to meet all of you." Heaven says, bowing to the others. He examines each member in the dining hall carefully, his eyes dwelling on the woman called Annika, and causing his smile to grow larger. Before the pause grows to long, he collects himself he coughing gently as he takes his seat alongside Sirocco. "I am Pale Heaven's Star, or Heaven, for short. This lovely firebird-" He motions to the Lunar. "-Is my partner. She took the liberty of introducing us earlier , but I'm glad we could have this second chance, to speak more directly, in a less public setting."

Aredin gives a wide smile and nods to the two newcomers, "Nice to meet both of you. I realize you two have likely traveled quite a way to reach such a remote location as ours. Either of you two mind sharing your story?"

Sirocco surveys the gathering Solars. "We have traveled far, but I will let my partner tell you his story." She hasn't shared with Heaven the details of her time with the Pteroks, and she wasn't sure yet she should do so with these Solars.

Upon being introduced to Heaven and Sirocco by Aredin, Annika gave a small nod to the both of them. When she noticed Heaven's eyes lingering on her, and his smile increase as he looked at her, she smiled back at him; while she wasn't about to throw herself at the feet of the first highly attractive and single Solar she met, it was nice to have one of them take an interest in her.

Heaven blushed slightly, brushing the back of his head after being put on the spot by his partner. His desire to share his background was... minimal, at best. But there were stories to tell. He coughed slightly, hoping his blush would face, before speaking.

"Well, I spent a few years as a bit of a loner, starting around the age of 15. I wandered Creation, doing odd jobs to make a comfortable living for myself, and pursue my hobby...Oh! Yes, I forgot to mention I'm a sorcerer. Self-taught. It's one of the few things I pride myself on. I met Sirocco a little over 2 years ago. I'd gotten into trouble looking for some ancient texts, and she came to my rescue. When I saw her though, something resonated inside of me and the next thing I knew, I was a Solar." Heaven turns to Sirocco, smiling, before readjusting his gaze towards the others.

"So, it's pretty much been the two of us, since then. We've had a rough time of things, but I'm glad we're here amongst those I hope to consider friends someday." Heaven finishes, smiling sincerely at everyone in the room.

Sirocco watches Heaven blush, and thinks that it suits him, and he needs to be pushed to the spotlight more. If they are welcomed here, this is just the spot to push him to the spotlight. he will have other Solars around to defend him. And what will be of her? Maybe she will be able to pursue her bigger dreams...

"I come from a small village, north and west of Gem, a small place that was raided by slavers who took most of the people. I seek to find and liberate my people, and if possible resttle them."

Viktor watched from the side, observing the newcomers' mannerisms and watching them with curiosity. He nodded politely to the pair when Darian mentioned his name.

The blacksmith had never seen a Lunar in person, so he was interested to hear how Sirocco and Heaven crossed paths and made their way to Gwynnin. He listened silently as they relayed their stories.

Aredin takes mental note of a few key elements, "Well, speaking of resettling... I do feel somewhat bad for the suddenness of it all, but we are actually departing for Rathess very soon. The hope is to make the place clear for settlement and restoration. That includes the native inhabitants if we can manage it." Aredin paused to remove another flask from his coat and drink before setting it on the table. "Ideally, we'll have access to knowledge and resources to rebuild a significant portion of our old infrastructure, like magitech weapons, vehicles, and devices."

"Well that certainly sounds interesting. Maybe I could even look into getting this thing to work! Heaven exclaimed, setting his left arm on the table. The limb was covered to the elbow in a gauntlet, with three impressions on its front; two were empty, while the third held a gem within it, appearing dull in the light of the the dining hall.

His men were already armed; however, the distance Durke and his company had to travel was outside his comfort zone. "Damn, they could all already be fightin' and we're nowhere close!" Durke huffed towards Gerard as they ran through the streets. "Who's idea wazzit to go out beyond the walls to train!?"

Gerard sighs before looking at the elder warrior. "Sorry cap'n, you said to find an open area for the mobility training...and you okayed the location."

Durke scowled at his friend before returning his gaze to the quickly approaching tower. They had started their march into town when they heard word that a giant winged creature had landed within the walls. However, their march quickly became a sprint after the men caught sight of the peculiar wing-shaped light that was near Aredin's tower. His men were only steps behind him when they started, but the rigorous training was taking a toll on their speed. Not long after, Durke and Gerard were 30 yards in front of the men and fast approaching the tower. They would have stopped for the soldiers to catch their breath, but who knew how long Durke's absent comrades had before they possibly met their untimely end?

"Let's save 'em boys!" Durke shouted as he and his men poured into the tower and up towards the dining room. We'll make it, they're gonna be ok.

Durke bursts through the doors to the dining room, daiklave raised and ready to strike down anything that dare threaten his allies. "WE'LL KILL YOU, YA MURDEROUS BASTARDS! We'll...ughh...hmmmmm." His roar for blood quickly dies down into a confused cough as he comes upon the actual engagement taking place. Before he can stop them, his company floods into the room as well, equally as unaware as their brave leader.

The moment the warriors burst into the room, Sirocco Snaps her head, and screams at the top of her lungs, as her form shimmers silver, and grows into her War Form, standing up to stand between the invaders and Heaven. "Approach at your own peril!"

Darian jumps to her feet and slams her hands down on the table. "Control yourselves! We are not going to turn this dining room into a battle scene again!" She takes a few deep breaths, then says in a more conversational tone, "Durke, stand down. These two are new arrivals here, and for the moment, they are our guests and may be joining us on our trip to Rathess. Sirocco, please return yourself to a human shape and return to your seat. Enjoy a scone. Our baker is quite skillful. Now, let us continue on from this before we have an unfortunate mistake on our hands."

At Darian's words, Sirocco regards the assembled soldiers, gives them a wink "If these are your soldiers, then I guess I should be thankful that they respond so quickly." She said half in jest, and only then does she return to her human form, picks up a scone, and devours it. Her expression changes to one of joy, and, with her mouth still full says "What a delicious scone, congrats to the chef."

Like Viktor, Annika listened as Heaven and Sirocco gave their explanations, and Aredin talked about the upcoming trip to Rathess. And then the conversational atmosphere was shattered when Durke suddenly burst into the room, Daiklaive in hand and battle face on.

"WE'LL KILL YOU, YA MURDEROUS BASTARDS! We'll...ughh...hmmmmm."

"Nice of you to join us, Durke." Annika replied pleasantly, wondering if Aredin was going to reprimand the Dawn caste for showing up late to the discussion and entering the room in such a manner, before she heard what sounded like an oncoming stampede from below, getting louder and louder with every second. Annika turned to Aredin and was just about to ask what that sound might be, before dozens of armed men came charging into the room.

Annika had been reaching for her Daiklaves, and Sirocco had turned back into a gigantic bird, before Darian took control of the situation, loudly demanding calm and explaining to Durke who Sirocco and Heaven were, then asking Sirocco to calm down. The Luna would cool off and revert back to her human form, before sampling one of the scones and finding it delightful, with Annika letting out a giggle at the joy-filled expression on the face of the tough-looking Luna.

Last edited:
Aredin was too busy stifling thunderous laughter to give an immediate response, letting it out once Durke had ceased. He wiped at his eyes, nearly laughing himself to tears at the irony of the situation.

"Well done friend." Aredin paused and turn to the newcomers. "This is why I ask you to avoid large flares in the open. Durke, just how far did you have to run to get here?"

Last edited:
Durke's eyes jump to the changing shape of the Lunar exalt, his body starting to tense in preparation of an attack. Luckily, Darian's words cut through to the Lunar and Durke relaxes as he sees the half-human beast revert to normal and start devouring pastries. He turns his attention back to Gerard and his men while Aredin howls with laughter. "Ughhh, Gerard, take the men back to the barracks. Trainin' is done fer today." Gerard shouts a few commands and rounds the soldiers back down the stairs and out of the tower.

Aredin, after finishing his laughter, says a few words to the newcomers before returning his attention to Durke "...Durke, just how far did you have to run to get here?"

Durke ponders this for half a second before speaking. "Well lets see m'lord, came from out of th'walls and through the south part of town. Pro'bly around a mile and some to get here." As Durke says this, it dawn's on him that he is in the company of his lord and lady and should act as such. He quickly stands at attention while returning his sword to its sheath. "Beggin' yer pardon, m'lord and lady. I didn't mean to interrupt your fancy dinner."

Viktor is surprised at the commotion when Durke and his men barrel into the dining room. As the Lunar changed shape he reached for the blade he'd laid on the table, while Koharu's fingers spread to resemble claws. Each of them quickly reverted their actions however as the mayhem was sorted out, and sat back down to partake in the delicious spread.

The blacksmith smirked when Darian mentioned avoiding the dining room becoming a battlefield again. Hmm, now wouldn't that be a novel idea? Perhaps some kind of place where one could eat, while others battled as entertainment?

"Thank you friend, for your immediate response. Have a seat, take a break, and join us. Oh, before I forget... make sure you follow up on need to know information from the last meeting. I'm sure Annika probably has more intel for you as well." Aredin finished, vaguely referencing the report of spy activity.

Annika heard Aredin's words and figured out the meaning behind them, and she approached Durke.

"My people have discovered what they suspect to be two small groups of foreign spies operating within our walls. One of them - a baker and his wife - is from the Realm, the other - a trio of blacksmiths - is from Lookshy. In a minute I'm going to go and look through the evidence we've gathered to see if we've got legal grounds for a search of their properties."

"Alright, do ya' need m'men fer...anythin'?" Durke asks, his focus slowly drifting back and away to the newcomers before he catches himself and returns his gaze to Annika. "Those folks might not come easy."

"Hmm...It wouldn't hurt. But first I need to check if we actually CAN search them. If I need any help from you, I'll let you know." Annika said to Durke, before taking a seat at the table and helping herself to one of the scones.

Quietly, Heaven helped himself to multiple scones, swallowing one after another without much fanfare. His pace was only slowed when another exalt threw himself through the door, the young twilight nearly choking in his snack and blushing with embarrassment when Sirocco stood in his defense. Before he could swallow and ask her to stand down, Darian defused the commotion in a few short words. Heaven took a deep breath, relaxing into his chair as the others all calmed as well. The woman he'd noticed earlier, Annika, went to speak with the new arrival, but Heaven made no effort to listen in to their discussion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back