Opinion Trekkers? Favorite series?

NG for some reason. I find the crew the most appealing although I must admit I hated the Crusher family from the very beginning, and was all too happy to get Pulaski even for a season, and see Wesley disappear forfuckingever. God I hate those.

Original series, and though I liked NG especially in the later seasons, I found DS9 more enjoyable.

TNG but TOS is a close second.

I met Gates McFadden and spent a wonderful ten minutes gushing about women needing bigger roles in today's movies/tv shows and how she was impressed with some of the stories I was working on while about to graduate. She was so sweet and supportive. It solidified my love for TNG. I also met Johnathan Frakes but I was too starstruck to carry much a conversation with him. I also met Sean Kenney at work who was from TOS.

Honestly, my memory is horrible, so I don't remember too much from when I watched the Star Trek series, but The Next Generation was really the one that stuck out most to me.

That is a tricky question.
I love Enterprise, because it was the first one I saw (tried to watch chronologically), even if most people seem to hate it.
I love TOS for the classic Spock and Kirk, but I recognize how outdated and funny some themes and props are.
I probably don't love TNG quite as much as everyone else; it was enjoyable enough for me to watch it all and Data really grew on me. But the "properness" and sticking to guidelines no matter what appealed to me less than other eras.
I hated DS9 for the first two seasons, after which it started to be spectacularly amazing and the characters became so well developed it quickly became my favorite. No other series had so many good female characters either. But if I hadn't forced myself through the start...
I love Voyager because of how different it is from the rest due to the hopelessness of the premise and absence of Federation help. On the other hand, it spawned some of the characters I truly hated and wished dead, like Neelix. Yuck.
I am ambiguous on Discovery, because it somehow lacks logic. On the other hand, I do enjoy the darkness and the lower class officers point of view. Also it was the only series that I could look forward to from week to week, so it was a different experience than binging an entire season.
Heck I even watched the animated series for fun. And two fan series. I am crazy.

Star Wars: the last Doctor. The scene where Picard flies the tardis into the Death Star was amazing.

I have a heart for TOS but I really, and don't scream at me, I'm such a whore for AOS (and I know it's not a series but the movie verse divergent timeline). Also I guess that means I'm here for Discovery too, but I also watched a lot of Voyager.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back