• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Motherlode

Κύριε, ἐλέησον
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Art by ERA7
art by ERA7

This is a semi-original role-play setting inspired by Disney's 2002 science-fantasy movie Treasure Planet. Please, read my preferences and idea if you are interested in joining me.​

My preferences:
  • Please be over 17 years.​
  • I like to plan things out with my role-play partners: plot, characters, etc.​
  • I want you to contribute your own ideas to the role-play, at least sometimes. I'm very open to receiving them.​
  • Role-play in third-person and past tense.​
  • No god-modding.​
  • Quality over quantity. I'd rather you move the role-play along and give me something to work with if it means getting a shorter reply. Don't be passive!​
  • Good grammar and spelling. We all make mistakes, though, and sometimes I too can let some mistakes slip through.​
  • Please, do not ghost me. If you wish to leave, tell me plainly. I do not bite! Alternatively, if you want to introduce changes to the role-play if you get bored, let me know!​
  • I want you to reply at least once a week. I can post several times each week if you can do more, however. If you will be away for a long period of time, please, notify me.​
To be decided with my partner:
  • Post length: I can write anything from 300 to 2,000 words. Tell me what your preferred length is, and I can happily adapt. As long as it keeps the role-play going, it's all dandy!
  • OOC chat: I love to talk and get to know people through chatting. If you feel the same, I can gladly use discord or the PMs. I would prefer the actual role-play to remain on RPNation, though I can be persuaded.
  • Limits: I never intended this to be super mature or anything, but if you do have anything you'd rather I leave out of the role-play, tell me.
  • Characters: You can make any character and alien species you want, though it should be grounded in the role-play. Conversely, so can I.
  • Character sheet: Whether you wish to have a sheet or not is up to you.
  • Plot: As I mentioned before, I'd like to come up with a plot that'd suit us both.
That's about all of it. If you have any questions about things I left out, just reach out to me.

About me:

I'm a happy guy who's in the middle of his 18th year in life, and I've always had a great love for science fiction. I play trumpet, write and occasionally do pixel art. Since I live in Europe, I follow Central European Time (UTC +1), and I typically have a lot of free time on my hands to spend with my friends or on writing. I've been role-playing for a good four years now, and my interest in this hobby has only grown larger over time. I can gladly show you an example of my writing, if you wish. Also, I can play multiple NPCs and am willing to play up to two OCs if you'd like that.

The Idea
Even though I often have my face buried in hard sci-fi media, sometimes I really just crave something out of my ordinary. Recently this month I re-watched the wonderful Treasure Planet again and immediately got the urge to start a role-play that is heavily inspired by its universe. It actually wouldn't be too incorrect to say that I blatantly stole some ideas. I will, however, be adding a lot of our own elements and ideas into the mix. I'd also want to make it more mature. All within reason, of course.

Now, you won't need to have seen Treasure Planet to join the role-play. In brief: just know that space as we know it doesn't exist in this universe. Instead, it is replaced by the Aether, where ships sail the solar wind from planet to planet in a manner similar to the age of sail, and there exists breathable air. There will also be aliens, automatons and different factions to see. If you're left scratching your head at that, I can happily explain it to you in a private chat.

For the plot I imagined something more akin to Cowboy Bebop: our characters a ragtag crew of people trying to eke out a living in the galaxy by any means they can, often landing them on dangerous missions. I'd love to see a lot of interaction and growth between them for this. Of course, it's just one idea I had. I'm open-minded, and you're most welcome to suggest something different. I want us to come up with something together that suits us both. Don't be shy to tell me whatever your heart may desire! I'm also open to romance, if you're so inclined, but I don't want it as the focus.

Last edited:
View attachment 951476
art by ERA7

This is a semi-original role-play setting inspired by Disney's 2002 science-fantasy movie Treasure Planet. Please, read my preferences and idea if you are interested in joining me.​

My preferences:
  • Please be over 17 years.​
  • I like to plan things out with my role-play partners: plot, characters, etc.​
  • I want you to contribute your own ideas to the role-play, at least sometimes. I'm very open to receiving them.​
  • Role-play in third-person and past tense.​
  • No god-modding.​
  • Quality over quantity. I'd rather you move the role-play along and give me something to work with if it means getting a shorter reply. Don't be passive!​
  • Good grammar and spelling. We all make mistakes, though, and sometimes I too can let some mistakes slip through.​
  • Please, do not ghost me. If you wish to leave, tell me plainly. I do not bite! Alternatively, if you want to introduce changes to the role-play if you get bored, let me know!​
  • I want you to reply at least once a week. I can post several times each week if you can do more, however. If you will be away for a long period of time, please, notify me.​
To be decided with my partner:
  • Post length: I can write anything from 300 to 2,000 words. Tell me what your preferred length is, and I can happily adapt. As long as it keeps the role-play going, it's all dandy!
  • OOC chat: I love to talk and get to know people through chatting. If you feel the same, I can gladly use discord or the PMs. I would prefer the actual role-play to remain on RPNation, though I can be persuaded.
  • Limits: I never intended this to be super mature or anything, but if you do have anything you'd rather I leave out of the role-play, tell me.
  • Characters: You can make any character and alien species you want, though it should be grounded in the role-play. Conversely, so can I.
  • Character sheet: Whether you wish to have a sheet or not is up to you.
  • Plot: As I mentioned before, I'd like to come up with a plot that'd suit us both.
That's about all of it. If you have any questions about things I left out, just reach out to me.

About me:

I'm a happy guy who's in the middle of his 18th year in life, and I've always had a great love for science fiction. I play trumpet, write and occasionally do pixel art. Since I live in Europe, I follow Central European Time (UTC +1), and I typically have a lot of free time on my hands to spend with my friends or on writing. I've been role-playing for a good four years now, and my interest in this hobby has only grown larger over time. I can gladly show you an example of my writing, if you wish. Also, I can play multiple NPCs and am willing to play up to two OCs if you'd like that.

The Idea
Even though I often have my face buried in hard sci-fi media, sometimes I really just crave something out of my ordinary. Recently this month I re-watched the wonderful Treasure Planet again and immediately got the urge to start a role-play that is heavily inspired by its universe. It actually wouldn't be too incorrect to say that I blatantly stole some ideas. I will, however, be adding a lot of our own elements and ideas into the mix. I'd also want to make it more mature. All within reason, of course.

Now, you won't need to have seen Treasure Planet to join the role-play. In brief: just know that space as we know it doesn't exist in this universe. Instead, it is replaced by the Aether, where ships sail the solar wind from planet to planet in a manner similar to the age of sail, and there exists breathable air. There will also be aliens, automatons and different factions to see. If you're left scratching your head at that, I can happily explain it to you in a private chat.

For the plot I imagined something more akin to Cowboy Bebop: our characters a ragtag crew of people trying to eke out a living in the galaxy by any means they can, often landing them on dangerous missions. I'd love to see a lot of interaction and growth between them for this. Of course, it's just one idea I had. I'm open-minded, and you're most welcome to suggest something different. I want us to come up with something together that suits us both. Don't be shy to tell me whatever your heart may desire! I'm also open to romance, if you're so inclined, but I don't want it as the focus.

Hello, I’m interested in this rp if it’s still open.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back