• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Trauma Team (Semi-Serious Medical RP)

holyman1998

Today's a good day to save lives. - Derek, Grey's Anatomy

Hello there! We haven't really seen a medical-based RP so I thought I'd set this up. I'll create a character thread for doctors and one for patients soon enough.

Setup/Premise
Setting: Modern, circa 2016
Max characters per user: 4-5 (Your typical trauma team)
One-time or long term patient RP: One-Time patient characters can visit the roleplay to get treated for a minor ailment, while long term patients are admitted to the hospital and after being stabilized in the opening roleplay, can drop into the thread to roleplay complications, as the RP takes place primarily in the ER. Long term patients will need to fill out a character sheet for medical record. Further details on patients will be discussed later.
Doctor/Nurse RP: Control one doctor, or collaborate with other doctors/nurses in saving patient's lives. EMS personnel are NPCs and can be roleplayed by the presenting patient, which then hands off care to the doctor characters.
Wards: A long term patient may be admitted to a ward, where they can be checked on by a nurse character in RP or DMs as long as that character is assigned to said ward.
Surgeries: If need be, the RP can be moved out of the ER and into the OR where surgically approved doctors can work on their RP patients there.
Visitors: NPCs that can be played by the patient's family.
Deaths/Code Blues: If the character is to die or suffer cardiac arrest, proper medical algorithms must be applied (I.E. ACLS 2015 guidelines) and if not already decided by the patient player, the medical team can vote whenever or not to resume resuscitation efforts once the patient is in asystole or refractory/defib resistant V-Tach/V-Fib.
Police intervention: If a doctor character is particularly naughty, malpractice suits and arrests are welcome plot points.
Romance: shipping of doctors is optional and must follow RpNation rules.

If you have any questions/suggestions about this concept or if you want to show interest, please reply to this thread. We will start when there are 8-12 doctor/nurse characters.

Good luck with the roleplay! I would love to take a role but ironically I'm struggling in nursing school at the moment too. ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back