• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Trapped-SAO themed rp idea-

Magic or no magic

• Magic

Votes: 7 100.0%
  • No magic

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheAdventureBegins

Wwwwhaaaaaat?
(This is based around Sword Art Online, but only in a few senses, like the base plot, and some of the dungeon and control ideas. It doesn't have the same characters or bad guys or exactly the same goal as the show. I leave this plot a little open in spots because I'm up to changing things. Like should it have magic or just Fantasy aspects? Should they really die IRL if killed in game, should they respawn, or is it all a lie and they just wake up? I was kind of thinking to make this really all of our creation we could each make a dungeon- I'm of course here to help, and to monitor the ideas so they don't get too out of hand. . . So I guess is anyone interested?)

Everyone in the gaming world couldn't wait for the new release of the Lyfe7, a full body virtual reality console. They boasted just a simple head piece could upload their full conciousness to the game. Prices were steep, but seemed worth it; set up easy, not much power or space needed. The character creation out of this world, taking some people hours. Who wouldn't want it?

Wisteria First, a fantasy medieval world promised buyers a fully immersive wonderland with limits unimaginable. Fight monsters, eat and enjoy strange food, make money and level up thousands of different ways. One-hundred unique levels fill Wisteria, with each boss stronger than the last guarding the doors to the next world. "Who will be a hero?"

What no one expected the day of launch were all the players to be trapped inside.

Might be interested. For this kind of trapped in a game plot, I kinda like the Log Horizon route more for two reasons, the class system is more RPG-like(which I think having a definite role is one of the appeal of an MMORPG) and player characters can respawn(a lot of interesting implication can be made from this).

Honestly haven't seen/read it. I do like ideas of roles too, but it kind of takes away part of the freedom that I wanted the characters to have. That way they could level up which way they want. I'm not fully sure though hahaha I was liking the idea of respawning and being really trapped, but every time you respawn you have something like a debuff that takes different things to get rid of it.

I'm interested! I was actually having a hankering for trying to interest check the same premise but you beat me to it lol

I like the idea here. Count me in.
Side note: It'd be quite a good fake-out to have it as: "You died in game, wake up in your room, though you cannot enter the game anymore." While out of game, the death of the avatar in-game would be meaningless, it still would have that impact as, the people in-game do not know they're still alive. Just an idea in my mind.

I'm glad you are interested! If there is anything you think is missing or want to add let me know!
Side note: It'd be quite a good fake-out to have it as: "You died in game, wake up in your room, though you cannot enter the game anymore." While out of game, the death of the avatar in-game would be meaningless, it still would have that impact as, the people in-game do not know they're still alive. Just an idea in my mind.

I like this idea alot!

I liked that idea too! I thought it would be a good tie in with the story. They aren't really dead but now all their friends in game think they are.

interested!
I'm interested!

Glad to have y'all aboard!

Thanks! Anything right off the bat you want to add or see in the plot or rp?
I feel like each level could be different location based in mythology

One level could be Muspellheim from Norse mythology

The next could be Tartarus from Greek mythology

The next could be Feudal Kyoto infested with Youkai

But no two adjacent levels will be based in the same mythology

So the level based off of Jotunnheim or Nifleheim would be spread several levels away from Muspellheim.

So I was thinking a few things with time frame and how we are all going to start this. I was thinking our first posts will just be getting the game, logging on, character creation, then launch party. After the first post I think we should jump just a few months ahead right before they-as in just the people playing the game- are going to try and take on the first boss. This way they have a basic knowledge of the game but still are learning. Or we could play out all of their learning and what not.

Another question, should we have magic or nah?

I feel like each level could be different location based in mythology

One level could be Muspellheim from Norse mythology

The next could be Tartarus from Greek mythology

The next could be Feudal Kyoto infested with Youkai

But no two adjacent levels will be based in the same mythology

So the level based off of Jotunnheim or Nifleheim would be spread several levels away from Muspellheim.

That is an interesting thought, and a few levels could be like that but it kinda takes away from everyone having the freedom to make their own level what they want it.

That sounds like a solid start!

I personally also am a great fan of Log Horizon, so I'd say yes to magic just because it adds to the mmorpg style.

If we are going to use magic I think the way they would have to cast it is to remember a certain hand movements for each spells to trigger them. Not only do you have to memorize the hand movements but you also have to put your xp to different magic classes-like destruction, healing, elemental, stealth and what not- and then you can learn more powerful spells.

I had a thought it could be kind of cool if after the first area/level/boss of the game if the creator started to make the other areas based off the notable players and subtly trying to target their insecurities or something. I'm just spitballing.

I had a thought it could be kind of cool if after the first area/level/boss of the game if the creator started to make the other areas based off the notable players and subtly trying to target their insecurities or something. I'm just spitballing.

Ooooh just trying to not exactly make them fail, but to struggle and have to really search inward to get forward. It could also give good story arc to each characters-their more specific time to shine-or fail horribly.

It is looking like we are going to be using magic in this rp then! Next step I think we should make characters and from characters decide who might have backstory and teamed up over the time skip together.

It is looking like we are going to be using magic in this rp then! Next step I think we should make characters and from characters decide who might have backstory and teamed up over the time skip together.
Dibs on being the Mary-sue solo player with two swords! XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back