Idea Transported To Another World Roleplay?

eloise

Isekai'ed Soul
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
I'm a huge fan of the isekai genre and I want to see a roleplay based around that to be created. I would have went ahead and already made something like that myself if I had enough brain juices for it.

I have a vague idea of a plot, a couple of people who died in various ways get sent to another world. So unique right? My main inspiration being drawn from The Savior's Book Café In Another World, a manga I greatly enjoyed writing.

When a "god" tells Tsukina that she is to be transported to another world to become its savior, Tsukina isn't interested. As a bookish thirty-something, she has zero desire to go on some big adventure...so when she arrives in the strange new land, she decides to use her magical powers to create a cozy little book cafe instead. But when a fellow "savior" starts causing trouble, Tsukina might just have to play the hero, after all!

That's the plot if you aren't interested in searching it.

Can I get help making my dream into a reality? I would greatly appreciate it, thanks!

≧◡≦

I'm a huge fan of the isekai genre myself and a sucker for anime tropes really, though if I'm being honest RPs based on something the person wrote themselves is usually a pretty big red flag (there's a big problem of excessive attachment and bias).

Now, I think the question is what exactly kind of help do you want? If you already wrote a story in this world I assume you've got the setting down at least. So is it in developing the premise more you'd like help? Or is it in figuring out logistical details? Or are you just asking for help managing the thing?

Furthermore, what kind of roleplay -without mentioning things that you can't actually control like what kind of players you get, or which are universal objectives like "fun"- do you want to make?

I'm a huge fan of the isekai genre myself and a sucker for anime tropes really, though if I'm being honest RPs based on something the person wrote themselves is usually a pretty big red flag (there's a big problem of excessive attachment and bias).

Now, I think the question is what exactly kind of help do you want? If you already wrote a story in this world I assume you've got the setting down at least. So is it in developing the premise more you'd like help? Or is it in figuring out logistical details? Or are you just asking for help managing the thing?

Furthermore, what kind of roleplay -without mentioning things that you can't actually control like what kind of players you get, or which are universal objectives like "fun"- do you want to make?
I haven't actually developed a solid 'story' this was something I been wanting to do for a while and just threw together without actually thinking. I've tried looking for isekai/other worlds roleplays for a while now, on this site and other sites. All of them were either too old, inactive or held elements I didn't like.

So to answer your question it's a mix of those things. Needing help developing the premise, figuring out the details and help managing the thing.

I kind of want to make it a sandbox where players can play around and make up things. Of course held within the confines of the rules. Don't want anyone doing anything too drastic that affects other players. But then again, I know if it's just a sandbox things could get boring easily without some sort of plot to hold it up.

So basically a little sandbox + plot.

I hope this was easy to understand.

I haven't actually developed a solid 'story' this was something I been wanting to do for a while and just threw together without actually thinking. I've tried looking for isekai/other worlds roleplays for a while now, on this site and other sites. All of them were either too old, inactive or held elements I didn't like.

Elements you didn't like such as for example?

I kind of want to make it a sandbox where players can play around and make up things. Of course held within the confines of the rules. Don't want anyone doing anything too drastic that affects other players. But then again, I know if it's just a sandbox things could get boring easily without some sort of plot to hold it up.

So basically a little sandbox + plot.

I hope this was easy to understand.

I can understand, yeah. I’ll wait for the answer to my other question before I start making any suggestions though.

Elements you didn't like such as for example?
Sorry forgive me for not expanding more on that!

Characters that are extremely young. I don't mind young characters, most of my characters I play are young! But I cannot tolerate a 6 or 5 year old running around doing things they shouldn't.

Players that try and make their character seem more important then others. If it's for story reasons it's not a problem but players like this are really annoying.

Unrealistic reactions to things. Example, not being affected by the death of a teammate. Unless their character is designed to be unemotional and not affected by such matters their character shouldn't be reacting in that way.

Inconsistency with the background of the roleplay. By this I mean an item that possibly wouldn't be in this world being used or pulled out randomly. It completely destroys the set background. Like no there wouldn't be phones in a low technological world.

Those few were just the things I could remember off the top of my head.

Sorry forgive me for not expanding more on that!

Characters that are extremely young. I don't mind young characters, most of my characters I play are young! But I cannot tolerate a 6 or 5 year old running around doing things they shouldn't.

Players that try and make their character seem more important then others. If it's for story reasons it's not a problem but players like this are really annoying.

Unrealistic reactions to things. Example, not being affected by the death of a teammate. Unless their character is designed to be unemotional and not affected by such matters their character shouldn't be reacting in that way.

Those three were just the things I could remember off the top of my head.

Hmmm... more character stuff than anything though. So it's not really about the kind of roleplay it is, so much as the kind of players. That being said, some quick solutions where there can be to these things:

---> Establishing a minimum age in the character creation rules. Please be concrete and clear about it. I doubt I'm the only one for whom the idea of a secret rule based on the GM disliking something is immensely demotivational.

---> Strive as a GM to be vigilant during the character creation process and to ensure that all players get their moments in the spotlight. Though it's not mandatory, I personally recommend encouraging players to specialize, focusing on being really good at a particular thing rather than being mostly or kinda good at a lot of things, as specialties give players their own places where they can shine.

--> You can't really control this. Best you can do is try to not give them excuses, but beyond that the dynamism of the group and the personal skill and investment of your players is what is required, plus a spirit of team play I suppose. Either way, it's a combination of things you need to be lucky with, and things too circumstantial to give concrete advice about.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, as for your roleplay. In essence you want an Isekai RP with a great degree of player and character freedom and but a plot to give them a sense of direction. So here's what I would recommend:

* If you are accepting player creations and content to be inserted into the world, you need (as is fairly obvious) to both be open-minded and to be (). On one hand, unless there is a problem with the very core of an idea (for instance, godly magic in a world where there are no gods might be one such idea, as it fundamentally does not go with the setting, or mind control magic might have an issue at core because you don't want players being able to control other player's actions in any way) avoid rejecting it outright. Instead, try to understand what the player is going for and help them refine the details to better fit into the group or world. On the other hand though, never simply accept something with little or no thought. You need to properly consider the implications and how something can and will be used. Energy-based costs could practically be ignored a lot of the time.

* Establish early-on an overarching plot. There's the classical "defeat the demon king" but there's other possibilities as well such as "finding a way to get back home". The only conditions is that
A) It supersedes the other plots (it's not really "overarching" otherwise, and if something is above it that should be your focus for this instead)
B) It's an objective too grand to be achieved immediately (You don't wanna be deprived of this tool too early)
C) It's an objective which players can actively pursue, but which isn't so pressing they have to pursue it at the detriment of everything else, most of the time. (If it's a passive objective- defending a kingdom for instance- then this will fail to meet its objective because the players will not be able to simply decide to go do that now. If it's too pressing then it will feel jammed down their throats and not go along with your more sandbox feel).

The goal of having this plot is to help it feeling like there's nothing to do, and always letting the players have something they actively pursue even if they otherwise would be in a blank.

It would also help for this same objective, if you made sure to always establish locations properly. If you enter into a village for instance, describe what's around the characters, and what there is in the village, what kind of places they could go to and people they could meet.

I had more but I kinda forgot while I was typing the other two... oops... Gotta take the dog out now so I apologize for rushing the last part.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyways, as for the premise that's pretty hard. The world is gonna be pretty incoherent in a sandbox (everyone adding their own things is a contradicting goal to making them ordered in any way) you can't based the premise on a single character or their decisions either. I think you might be able to work something out with the why they were summoned or some particular event that happened because of that (or whatever other mode of being isekaid).

Hope this helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back