• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

gwenpool

she deserved better
Doing a general interest check for a mildly popular thread I did about 4yrs ago on FF, I want to see if people would find it fun :)

It follows themes similar to The Gifted / Dirk Gently's in a sense that it's powered individuals vs the world's intolerable governments. For reasons unknown, persons and creatures from other worlds have been appearing all across the globe at random (modern day, but arguments could be made for other time periods / aesthetics if people think that's more fun). Because some of these otherworldly beings have ill or destructive intentions, 120 countries have all come together to make a task force dedicated to capturing these beings from other worlds, and keeping them contained until a solution is decided, or a way back home for them is found.
One condition, however, for this task force, is that each time an individual is captured, they are given a choice: go to the containment facility, or join the Taskforce themselves. Because of the immense power some of these beings hold, the governments recognize that they'll need equally gifted individuals to bring them in.
Possibly the Taskforce's biggest enemy are the other biggest faction in this RP: deemed as terrorists by the world, The Resistance are a group aiming for the stop of incarcerations, and overall freedom for the otherworldly persons to live as average citizens. Their methods sometimes border on the extreme, but to them, no cost is too high.
The last faction is one self-described as Utopia: sided with neither, they are a settlement based in Singapore after reaching an agreement with its government. Here, powered persons have been given sizable land to live however they please, with no risk of prosecution. The local government sees this as a sort of national defense in payment, as if the country is ever put into grave harm, they are able to call on the citizens of Utopia to help (this is extremely infrequent, however, and Singapore has yet to call on Utopia thus far). People of Utopia generally don't see Resistance nor the Taskforce as correct; they don't believe change is ever possible, so are grateful for Utopia and prefer to protect their own.
Players are encouraged to make *as many characters as they want*, in fact an absolute metric ton of characters is encouraged because it helps the factions feel more alive -- in other words, I hate having filler NPCs. You can choose Resistance, Taskforce (name TBD), Utopia, or to have no affiliation. Any fandoms welcome (including OCs)!!

If ppl think this sounds cool, let me know!! I plan on wanting to distribute leadership roles for the factions once I get to know everyone, as I don't necessarily like being in charge all the time.

oooo this seems interesting! i think i vaguely remember seeing it on ff originally? but i don't think i ever actually joined ;w;

this does certainly have my interest though!

OH yo that's awesome!! I hoped sooner or later to run into FF people. I saw on ur profile you like DBH and OW (same here !) those would be awesome editions -- Connor esp would be such a cool fit

ooooo yes for sure!! my muse for him is unfortunately a bit low at the moment but i would definitely consider adding him at somepoint, hell i might even just bring him in alongside another character XD that could bring the muse up haha

ooooo yes for sure!! my muse for him is unfortunately a bit low at the moment but i would definitely consider adding him at somepoint, hell i might even just bring him in alongside another character XD that could bring the muse up haha

Yessssss, whatever you feel cool doing. That'd be funny if like the evil Connor was also there or Sumo

Would this be here on the RPN website or elsewhere? I ask because the notification system doesn't seem to always work and I don't always remember to come on and check rps without them. I'm more of a Discord Rper

Would this be here on the RPN website or elsewhere? I ask because the notification system doesn't seem to always work and I don't always remember to come on and check rps without them. I'm more of a Discord Rper

It'd be here! I understand, I've done some RPG stuff on discord and it was pretty nice. If it makes you feel better, I really don't care about people's activity levels.

Alright, so if I happen to not be on for a week it won't affect the rp much? I can do that. It sounds cool :)

That'd be perfectly fine! I can be pretty busy sometimes, I completely understand ppl being inactive for periods of time, I only want people posting when they feel up for it and with whatever amount of creative energy they feel like putting out.

If for example one of my characters interacts with a character whose player goes offline for a week, I'd just make sure not to touch that character until the player comes back.

Thanks for reaching out!! :') Y'all are getting me hyped

I've already got like 4 guys in mind x3 since you want people to have lots of characters. I'll be watching this to see if it takes off 👍

Yessssss bring all the characters -- it's been too long to remember correctly but I know I had some insane number of chars in the OG version of this

Thanks!! I'm really eager to start planning so I probably won't wait too insanely long

I might be interested, got a Backstory idea but would need to see if it would work if I flesh it out and form it.

Involved Yakuza keeping some and being such that it was very difficult to target them due to various reasons, then maybe ending up with whichever group the PC's are in.

Involved Yakuza keeping some and being such that it was very difficult to target them due to various reasons, then maybe ending up with whichever group the PC's are in.

Ohhh ok I think I get you, yea I like the sound of it! I imagine a lot of characters will scatter as they all figure out their alignments, there's 100% enough wiggle room for branching out stuff like that

To give everyone an update,

Will go ahead and confirm, yes, I'm greenlighting the thread, our goal right now is that I will be posting the character sheet signups thread tomorrow. The amount of support this got off the bat blew me away, so thank you :')

Right now I'm just working privately with the people I plan to give leadership to, I want to make sure that's already established before we get into character building. After that's all done and good, I'll move forward with making the other threads!

I think I'll throw my hat in as well. I've got a few characters on the backburner that I planned to use in a different RP but I think they might be better suited to this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back