• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom TRANSFORMERS: UNSTABLE ALLIANCE

Bone2pick

Minority of One
IMG-3196.jpg
Transformers. The wonderous creations of Primus, a multiversal force for good as ancient as the universe. Each Transformer carries a Spark — a mote of essence from the creator himself — so that they can defend and patrol the galaxy, for that was their purpose. And for millions of years they were unified and diligent in that noble pursuit.

But eventually an irreconcilable dissension spread within their ranks, and the children of Primus split into two factions: the Autobots, those who aspired to serve as the galaxy's righteous and benevolent protectors; and the Decepticons, those who wished to conquer the galaxy to ensure the supremacy of Cybertron and its Transformers.

The Autobots and Decepticons were so diametrically opposed that violence between the two was inevitable. And so a civil war erupted, and while it has waned countless times, it has yet to end, despite spanning millions of years.

RECENT EVENTS

In their latest conflict the Decepticons have managed to string together a series of critical but costly victories, leaving the Autobots on the verge of total defeat. But before the Decepticons could hammer the final nail in their oldest foe's coffin, the Quintessons invaded.

With an overwhelmingly powerful enemy threatening to wipe out both Autobots and Decepticons, the two factions are forced to set aside their deep-rooted grievances and hatred, and unite to save their homeworld. Cybertron and the future of the Transformers now hang in the balance of an Unstable Alliance.

IMG-3311.jpg
Hello and welcome. This roleplay is the result of a collaboration between myself and _Exodus_ _Exodus_ , who will be playing Galvatron. We're hoping some of you will join us for a harrowing story where we intend to push the heroes and villains from one of our favorite franchises to their mechanical limits. Correction, past their limits.:D While we have primarily drawn from the original cartoon and The Transformers: The Movie to setup our universe, our tone and stakes will skew more adult. If it helps, the suspense and consequences in Transformers: Unstable Alliance will read closer to Halo or Starcraft than a children's aimed action series.

One point I'd like to emphasize is that you needn't be a Transformer lore/fluff expert to join us. Sir_Magic can confirm that I'm not one. I had to spend a fair amount of time on various Transformer wikis to research this, but thankfully you won't have to. I have, however, put together a reasonably concise lore thread that can help get you up to speed.

We're seeking players who will post at least once a week. Who will write carefully considered posts. And who will enjoy planning for and discussing the roleplay in our OOC thread. If you have any questions either ask them below or shoot me a PM.

Last edited:
What do you expect in terms of post length and can we play original characters?
If original characters can be played, what vehicle forms are available?

Excellent questions! Post length will obviously vary depending on what's taking place, so there's no hard minimum or maximum. But even shorter posts should be thoughtfully constructed to try and make them compelling. And if the prospect of having to write three paragraphs would give a player anxiety, then this might not be the best fit for them.

As to your second question, canon Transformers only. I prefer Gen 1 characters (those from the original cartoon series), but I'll consider Transformers from other universes and timelines.

I'm easily able to meet the 3 paragraph requirement, but I have difficulty roleplaying as established characters.
I understand. But when I create fandom roleplays it's usually for the purpose of telling stories with canon/iconic characters. So that's what I'm looking for.

I understand. But when I create fandom roleplays it's usually for the purpose of telling stories with canon/iconic characters. So that's what I'm looking for.
With how this franchise works, you can basically take some D-list G1 guy, give them a completely new personality and basically have an OC, right?
That's how the comics do it from what I can tell.

With how this franchise works, you can basically take some D-list G1 guy, give them a completely new personality and basically have an OC, right?
That's how the comics do it from what I can tell.
More or less. I often do just that in DC Comics roleplays with lesser known characters. And while I'm only accepting canon characters in this RP, I will extend some room for personality interpretations for even the A and B tier Transformers.

I'm thinking of joining but I need to figure out who I should play but I'm trying to figure out the time range of where character choices should come from.
Between '86 and '90 seems about right, yeah? From the time The Movie introduced the new cast to the end of the original timeline. Most everyone from before that would be pretty dead like you've established and everyone after 1990 would be in series that don't really reflect the setup of what you're trying to do.

Most everyone from before that would be pretty dead like you've established and everyone after 1990 would be in series that don't really reflect the setup of what you're trying to do.
The only specific character who absolutely "needs" to be dead is Optimus Prime, though Starscream is pretty close. Everyone else from that era is up for discussion.

Last edited:
I'm leaning towards Sky Lynx or Weirdwolf, probably. We'll see.
I'm also considering Bumblebee because he has a built-in character arc around this time to play with, but the sweet boy is probably better in someone else's hands.

Crenando Crenando I'm excited to see who you choose. :)

Minor Announcement: Sir_Magic and I have decided to roll the timeline back a bit in order to open with the Decepticon attack on Decagon, the Autobot's primary base. Among other things that means Optimus Prime will be alive. Briefly.

It's a major turning point in the Civil War on Cybertron, with thousands of Transformers from both factions involved, so I imagine everyone's character will take part in the battle in some way or another.

For my character sheet (I'm leaning towards Rodimus Prime fyi) I'm planning to just use a spec sheet from the comics. It's clean and simple. I can grab one for almost any G1 character, so just let me know if you'd like one. Examples below.

IMG-3487.jpg

IMG-3484.jpg

For my character sheet (I'm leaning towards Rodimus Prime fyi) I'm planning to just use a spec sheet from the comics. It's clean and simple. I can grab one for almost any G1 character, so just let me know if you'd like one. Examples below.

IMG-3487.jpg

IMG-3484.jpg
Where were these printed for reference?

TRANSFORMMERRRRRRSSSSSS MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE!

Sorry, I had to. I'm a massive Transformers fan! What major characters are open to play? If possible, I'll take Optimus, but I could also take on best Decepticon Onslaught or worst Autobot Hotrod! (Also, I apologize in advance for my copious references to the 80s movie. I can practically recite the first act of it by heart.)

EDIT: I looked at the lore, and saw that poor Optimus went and got himself killed again, the glorious bastard, and that Hot Rod became the Last Prime. I'd be cool with playing him! If he's taken, I'll go with Onslaught.

Last edited:
TRANSFORMMERRRRRRSSSSSS MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE!

Sorry, I had to. I'm a massive Transformers fan! What major characters are open to play? If possible, I'll take Optimus, but I could also take on best Decepticon Onslaught or worst Autobot Hotrod! (Also, I apologize in advance for my copious references to the 80s movie. I can practically recite the first act of it by heart.)
Optimus got or will get uh, 86'd, and Bone has chosen Rodimus from the looks of things.
I think the metamorphin' dudicus is your best bet.

Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford Glad to learn you're a fan! :) For story direction purposes I thought it best for Sir_Magic and I to control the faction commanders. In my case Rodimus Prime will be the leader of the Autobots, but the player-characters (meaning everyone but me) will be emphasized as the 'main characters' of the roleplay. So Rodimus will function similar to Charles Xavier of the X-Men — essential, but mostly out of the spotlight.

That will free me up a bit, as I'll need to write world updates, battle summaries, and the actions/reactions of the Quintessons.

Alright. Glad to hear it! It's been a while since I've RPed Transformers, so I'll probably have to do some research into the characters and who to play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back