Town square

Yuha

Yuha watched in fascination, rather than plain disgust or disaproval. He simply laughed as she re-arranged her behavior. "You need not to do that, I find it rather interesting. I wonder if you could beat me in an eating contest! I do need a rival." He leaned back in his chair "If you think the bread is good, just wait till I serve you dinner." He took a hunk of one of the cheese blocks, popping it into his mouth. Munching on it as he stared at the meat spit. "It'll be done in a moment. The meat is already cooking faster than I thought!" After munching on the cheese he stood up and grabbed a knife. Cutting off pieces of meat from the spit and laying them on a plate at the table. After that, he cut slices of cheese off the blocks, and for the final act he cut the bread in half, making a sandwich roll of sorts. Slapping a bit of melted butter on the inside, he stacked her sandwich with the meat and cheese. 

"Try this, it's rather good. I had it while I was traveling the country, it's delicious! Especially with the butter giving an added umph." He set her sandwich down, making himself one now. 

@Vagabond Spectre

Yuha

Yuha watched in fascination, rather than plain disgust or disaproval. He simply laughed as she re-arranged her behavior. "You need not to do that, I find it rather interesting. I wonder if you could beat me in an eating contest! I do need a rival." He leaned back in his chair "If you think the bread is good, just wait till I serve you dinner." He took a hunk of one of the cheese blocks, popping it into his mouth. Munching on it as he stared at the meat spit. "It'll be done in a moment. The meat is already cooking faster than I thought!" After munching on the cheese he stood up and grabbed a knife. Cutting off pieces of meat from the spit and laying them on a plate at the table. After that, he cut slices of cheese off the blocks, and for the final act he cut the bread in half, making a sandwich roll of sorts. Slapping a bit of melted butter on the inside, he stacked her sandwich with the meat and cheese. 

"Try this, it's rather good. I had it while I was traveling the country, it's delicious! Especially with the butter giving an added umph." He set her sandwich down, making himself one now. 

@Vagabond Spectre

Laine just finds this man plain weird. First she tried to break in his house, only to find out that he is not even mad. Now a few seconds later she's having dinner with him. What makes him even more odd is that he finds it pretty normal that she ate the bread in such a monstrous and disgusting way, plus this man wanted her to be his eating rival equivalent. For he saw how a small fairy human like Laine can be such a beastly eater.  

Laine kept her usual neutral tired facial expression, as the man prepared her a sandwich. This is the first time that Laine has been served by someone else. She felt disgraced yet happy at the same time. She remembered her days as a slave. wearing a chained collar while serving her master a sandwich. At least now she doesn't need to do it anymore for she is the one being served. If there's anyone who could overthrow her out of her legendary maiden title, it's this dude. He can travel far like her, He does better service than her, and even beat her silly if he ever triggers this man's bad side. Soon the well prepared sandwich was now in front of her. She grabbed the sandwich with both hands and this time she took small bite instead of a big one. The sandwich's flavor was making her drool out saliva of her mouth. It was too flavorful, but she attempted to refrain herself from big bites.    

Yuha

He sat down and stretched once more, taking his own sandwich and sliding it in his mouth with ease, not even taking bites. He just shoved the whole thing in his mouth, and began chewing, soon enough he swallowed. And belched quite loudly, he took one of the jugs of water and drank at least half of it! He put it down and then rubbed his stomach. "Ahh, food is amazing. Especially from different countries, there's still so much food I've yet to try out. When you are finished, the guest room is upstairs and to the right. Don't go into any other room, you'll be met with a room stuffed with books and other items. Not really fun to sleep in." He stood up soon after, stretching one last time. 

"As for myself, I'm off to my study. If you need me I'll be in the first room from the front door, to the right." From there he left her to do as she pleased really. As for himself he sat at his desk, opening a drawer and taking out a notebook with a pen wrapped around the edge of it. Opening it he began writing things down in it. It was quite an old looking notebook, considering the leather was cracking, the paper was also turning into a soft shade of yellow. This was Yuha's notebook of various alchemic studies. When he returned from traveling across the country or wherever he would jot down his findings in this notebook, so as to help the future of Alchemists. 

@Vagabond Spectre

Laine's eyes widened as she watched the man swallow his sandwich whole. Some of her sandwich's fillings were starting to spill off too. There's never a dull moment with this man. Laine knew she can't compete to that. After finishing her sandwich. she stood up on top of the chair and placed her mask back on. She nodded to the man and fluttered off from the chair. She flew to the guest room and opened the door. once opening the door she found comfort on the room. She simply fluttered down gently to a nearby bed and closed her eyes. She planed on doing the service tomorrow morning and leave the man after. For she had a night and she's too tired to do anything right now. A few seconds later she finally started to sleep.

♘ Leona ♘

Leona nodded as Voleran went to his home. She was, second in command now and was going to make sure she did a good enough job. Looking towards Melody she smiled lightly before speaking to her. "About those notes. Let me know when and well. The answer to it is yes, you could take some notes if you wish." Scowling at herself Leona put down her mug of mead and stood herself up right facing Melody. She glanced up towards Locke shortly after, not waiting for Melody to respond. "And Locke if I find you hunting before the doc has said your wounds clear, I'll make sure you aren't hunting." Snorting lightly her eyes were stone cold on Locke before they softened looking back to Melody. "Have a good day." Striding out and ducking under the door frame she soon left returning to her usual spot. Hanging her head into her hands, she rubbed the top of her forehead, softly sighing to herself.

@Reaper 1-1 @Kasuu

Melody had raised a hand to Leona as she departed, though before

departing, she turned to Locke, her hand taking some of the coins though

insisted he take the one coin back to him. She released a sigh as she opened

her satchel and then thick leather pouch in her bag, slipping in the four coins.

She murmured to herself quietly though inaudible but then she closed both bags

and slid her strap over her frame and lifted her braid, beginning to pull it out from

underneath the heavy bag at her side. She held the rags in her hands, readying herself

to leave, still a bit steamed as redness had crept up to her freckled face. 

"Try not to move your torso a lot as well. This includes running and such,

anything to toss your stomach around. If you need anything, just follow my

directions or just ask around. I will rarely ever be far from home."

Melody gave a forced smile as she began to fold up the rags she held and

gripped onto them, lightly squeezing and releasing, squeezing and releasing, trying

to relax herself with the motions. She raised her hand up to Locke and whomever was

there, eventually making her way to her home.

ApOYm70.png

@Kiowa @Reaper 1-1

Last edited by a moderator:
James looks at Locke and sighs. "Go home and heal up and don't get off ya arse till ya heal. I would rather you not open your wound again cleaning or the doc will give me a matching set with you."

He begins to lightly push locke towards the door. "Now go home"

James smiles and waves to melody and Leona as they leave.

Once everyone leaves and it gets a little dark james gets dressed in his old ranger uniform and grabs a crossbow and some bolts and slips out the back door heading for the woods. The smell of nightlock and wolf's Bain is on him.

(Next post will be in,the woods)

Locke

Locke sighed when James told him to go home. He knew they were right, he shouldn't be doing anything injured. He listened to James and walked towards the door. "Goodnight" he said as he left the tavern. Waving to Leona as he started the same way he came into town. Once towards the edge of town, he knocked an arrow and got in a ready stance. Locke knew that they were going to come, and he had to be ready. He knew sleeping in his house would be a death trap, so he decided he would sleep in a tree near his home. He looked back into town before turning to the path ahead. It was going to be a long night.

Felix

Waking up pretty early, Felix had decided to let his mother stay at home for the day. He wasn't having it any other way, mainly because he wanted to investigate those she was around and where she'd been hiding out all this time. Dressed in reasonably relaxed clothing, bagging pants, open shirt and well, that's it, the fog came as a surprise, but he didn't care all that much. Having a mane an plenty of fur he'd be warm enough to just walk around. Gladly he strolled around the town square, he was young enough to not care what most would say about him, but what he did know was that he needed to keep his relationship to Leona a secret, he hated that people didn't know she had a son, but he did understand why. Even so, he strolled himself over to guards building and just walked himself in, checking out their equipment and such, he picked up one of the small daggers that was hanging, and quickly pocketed it for himself, leaving soon after her merely waited in the square for the people to arrive. 

Locke

Eventually Locke got bored sitting at home and made his way to town with some money. He had realized that he hadn't eaten since the night before yesterday. Locke walked slowly, heading the doctor's advice not to move quick. He hadn't bothered to put his shirt on because it could probably cause problems with his abdomen. Locke walked into the town square and looked around. The fog was dense so he couldn't make out much other than the outlines of people. He looked to the guard station to see if Leona was there. She wasn't but someone else was. It was a lion standing guard. Locke had never seen him before but he ultimately assumed he had some relation to Leona. Approaching the tavern, he gave the guard a wave. 

@Kiowa

Volaren waked up rejuvenated and refreshed; it was the first time in a while that his subconscious wasn't bombarded with horrible dreams from his past. Getting up Volaren got ready for the day, finishing up he glanced over at the cabinet to his left. It contained Volaren's gear from when he was a Night's Raven; a title bestowed to elves who joined the most secretive unit in Lothren special forces. Putting on his old gear Volaren headed outside towards the town square. 

Upon arriving in the town square Volaren noted a shadowed figure in the dense fog. Walking nearer towards the large mass, Volaren realized it was a large lion-man similar to Leona but a male and bigger, judging by the lion's size he had to be at least 6'7 if not taller. It was hard to find anyone who could tower over Volaren who stood at an impressive 6'6.  

Eyeing the lion, Volaren's heightened sense of smell picked up a familiar scent, faint as it may be the elf smelled Leona's scent in lion, though he chose to not bring it up. Instead Volaren inspected the lion head to toe or paw and noted every detail and locked it way. 

Staring at the lion Volaren introduced himself. "I don't recognize you. What's name and your business here?" Volaren made sure to listen for the lions heartbeat invade he was lying.

@Kiowa

Felix

Felix smirked as he saw people had begun to arrive in the town, he wafted a hand back to Locke casually not thinking about it to much. But he looked back to notice he was another like him, well, almost. It had been a while since he'd seen another beat-kin and it was interesting to see. He knew exactly how his mother would be around him, no surprise there. He kept himself gazing out into the square before he was approached by the tall elf, sat down he looked rather tall, but once Felix stood up he realised, he wasn't so much compared to him. But still, he would be tall compared to most in the small town. His head tilted and eyes squinted before a smirk came up on his face, he was reasonably good at avoiding questions, and wanted to see how long he could avoid the elf's.

"AH! You must be Volaren? Please to meet you, charming little town you've got here. Doubt there's many good looking women, but maybe I could work with that." Hi smirk persisted as he bumped Voleran with his elbow like a teen.

@Twyllvarlais

Volaren sighed looking at the huge beast-kin. Volaren knew the lion would avoid his questioning, but no matter Volaren would get the answer he was looking for, though he wasn't expecting the friendly nudge by the lion. Volaren hated it when people tried to butter him up, it got on his nerves a great deal. Gesturing to the lion to follow him over to the town well, Volaren sat down and eyed the lion once again, trying to get a better judge of him. 

"I see you know my name, but where I'm from It's rude to start a conversation without first introducing yourself. So let's skip pleasantries and get straight to business. I know you were with Leona last night, I can smell her scent on you. Why hasn't she come for shift yet? Also what's your name stranger?" Volaren's black eyes missed nothing. 

@Kiowa

Felix 

Felix couldn't help but smirk. It was part of his 'charm' to annoy people, though it rarely ended well for him. He either ended up in a fight or arrested which has happened to many times for him to count. He crossed over his arms as Voleran gestured to the well, gladly he walked over with him leaning against one of the poles as he listened to the questioning he was reviving. It was something he was used to but Felix wasn't going to give up quite yet.

" 'Course, I know everyone names. Yet where I am from, it's also rather rude to but into peoples business. My business is my own. Leona on the other hand, well we all know what she's like."

He stood up from the pole and stretched out his arms turning his back to Voleran he gazed over the town before turning his head round to look Voleran in the eyes, his stare as almost amused more than anything.

"What do you know about Leona? Know where she's from, her past, her family?" Felix almost chuckled soon after he asked.

@Twyllvarlais

Elch was hot, red, and sweaty from the work. It didn't matter really, he was used to hard work. Elch was taught to grit your teeth and work through it. He did exactly that. 

Elch swung one final time before hearing the cracking of the wood. 

"TIMBER!!!" Elch yelled out to anyone nearby. Elch pushed the tree the opposite way and watched it fall. He smiled and grabbed a shovel. Elch started to dig up the stump whacking away at the roots. He grabbed two coils of rope and tied them to the trunk of the tree. He took the other sides and wrapped them around his chest and waist. Elch picked up the stump and walked back into town to sell the wood to the merchant. He walked into town square, picking up the trunk and placing it at the edge of town. He grunted and wiped off his hands. 

@openforinteraction

Volaren smirked at the lion's smugness. Apparently where ever this lion goes, he thinks he can whatever he wants. Shaking his head, Volaren remained calmed and collected and responded to the lion. "Well it's my business to your business. I'm the captain of the guard here in New Haven, so knowing who comes in and who goes out, is of top priority to me. The safety of the villagers is the most important thing to me. Plus Leona is my Second-in-Command, so I like to where she in case she needs to relieve me. 

Volaren hated it when someone turned their back to them in a conversation, but it fortunate that the lion did so, because Volaren saw the handle of one of the daggers. It was from guards shack. With lightning speed, Volaren picked the dagger out of the lions pocket. Twirling the small blade in his fingers with extreme dexterity, Volaren added, "So not only are you smug and crafty, you're also a thief too. What a shame. Plus it's not my business to pry into Leona's past. If she wants to let me know of her origins, that's her decision, though if she only knew of my past, well let's just say it's not the most peaceful. I didn't get these eyes because I was born with them." 

Pocketing the dagger, Volaren sat back down and addressed the lion again. "So I'll ask again what is your business in New Haven?" 

@Kiowa

Felix 

Felix stood listening to his explanation of who he was. Nothing came to a surprise until he mentioned Leona being Second-in-Command. His ears perked at that point, something his mother hadn't told him. Although Leona was often one to keep information back Felix thought they were closer than that. He made a loud clear of his throat before raising his head, gazing round the square spotting Elch. His eyes locked onto him, thinking perhaps there might actually be some money to be made in the town, how, Felix would think of something son enough. Yet the conversation wasn't over, when Voleran pinched the knife back Felix swung round with an all mighty growl and snarl, his large canines showing, although he was normally relaxed he was sometimes tense and this was making him slightly on the agitated side.

His face not as peaceful and smug as it was before he glared at Voleran. "Not your business to know what kind of people you have in the square? Interesting to know." He stood himself up straight, standing at his full 6ft8 with arms crossed, his voice had turned slightly deeper, he wasn't playing games anymore.

"Felix and my business here is to purely bring joy. Are you not having fun?" Even though the games were over, a sly and 'rude' looking smirk crept up onto his lips, he couldn't help it. 

Elch heard the loud roar and turned towards it. A beastly figure with a lions mane and face, towering at around 6" something. Elch didn't care for it but he had to go by them to get the other shops where he could buy himself newer equipment. He sighed and started to walk their direction. 

"Voleran." Elch said with a simple nod towards the Guards Captain before looking at the beast-like traveler. 

"You wouldn't happen to be related to Leona by chance?" Elch muttered to himself chuckling stopping only for a moment to smirk before walking on by. 

Even though it wasn't often, a troublemaker would pass through. However they were all dealt with the same way. Elch just wondered how long before this particular one was taken care of.

Locke

Locke turned to face the lion once more. Now the was a few more people outside the barracks, and it looked like the lion and Voleran were about to fight. "Great" he mumbled as he walked over slowly. Waving his hand to Voleran and the other person, he said in a calm voice "Alright, we don't need a fight.". He looked to the lion who had shown his teeth, trying to intimidate Voleran. Locke extended a hand to the lion who towered over him. "Locke. And you?".

Volaren wasn't surprised by lion's reaction for picking the knife from his pocket. Now the troublemaker had a name Felix. Now things got interesting, Felix getting agitated got close to Volaren and squared up with him trying to seem intimidating, but it did t work on Volaren. Getting from his seat on the well edge, Volaren with lightning precision threw the dagger just inches away from Felix's head, and within a mere split of a second landed deep in a wooden post behind the tall lion. 

"You young races are eager to start a fight, but also eager to end when things don't go your way either." Volaren not scared in the slightest walked even nearer towards the lion. "In my 55 years of combat, you don't come close to done of things I fought, kitty. Also don't think cause your bigger you can overpower me, others bigger than you learned the hard way. So I suggest you calm down think about what you're going to do be fore it ends badly... for you."

Volaren saw Locke and Elch out the corner of his eye. Locke then came up to him to try and resolve the situation but Volaren wasn't having it. "No, if this kitty wants play, let him. He'll find out soon enough." 

@Kiowa @Reaper 1-1 @ZappiestAbyss

Laine's attention was caught by a faint growl that came through the the man's door. She looked towards the door, wondering where the noise has came from. She fluttered gently in front of the door. Before leaving Laine waved to the man and opened the house's door. She was greeted with the morning's fog. Laine still cannot see through the fog. Laine's eyes glew making two bright rays in front of her. Walking through the fog. She found a couple of silhouettes standing in a distance. She figured that these are not humans. For it seems that one of them seems to be too hairy for a person. Laine disabled her flashlight eyes and sneaked a little closer to the group. hopefully she wont get caught. While approaching a few steps. Laine realized her wings were exposed. Laine pulled a sigh and retracted her wings to her back. The wings made a squishy and fleshy like noises as it retracts to her back. Now there a two narrow slits exposed on her back.

Felix

Felix's face went blank when he threw the dagger. He'd met and fought with elves before, what happened was..easy. He'd ended up in a cell and the elf got off for defending himself.The elf won. Simple. He took in a long breath before letting it out in a snort, his eyes never left Volerans, he wasn't necessarily intimidated merely interested. Ears picking up the other beast-kin voice he smirks leaning himself against the pole where the knife was, he glanced his eyes over to him before looking to Volveran again. "Awh, you want to play? Should go play with your love-.." Felix was on the edge of finishing his sentence before his eyes caught the sight of someone standing at the edge of town. Full suited in armour hi head dipped down and ears went flat as the person was coming closer.

Leona

Leona had been home most of the morning, she'd was agitated that she'd stayed home, wanting to go out and do her work she'd left in her armour ready for the day. Since she'd been to the square, not one day had she missed and often worked over time not wanting to go home. It wasn't a long journey to the town but was a distance, yet half the time she''d be there quicker than most. Once reaching the edge of the square she noticed Voleran, Locke and Felix, her face fell into disappointment and slight anger. Leona knew that Felix had a big mouth and wouldn't do so well at his introductions, but she didn't know he'd pick a fight with the head-guard. Typical. She began walking over to the lot of them and stood behind Voleran, he eyes piercing through Felix. "What's he done then?" Her voice was harsh and low clearly not in the mood to deal with her sons antics.

The lion's reaction was expected he didn't want to seem intimidated by the elf. Usual Volaren thought. He was ready for a fight when he heard a very familiar voice behind. Not turning his head towards Leona, Volaren responded to her question. "Well to start off, he's a thief. Stole one of the daggers from the guard shack. Minor but still I don't tolerate thieves. Second threatened me when I took back the dagger tried to lash out at me, didn't touch me though, he's slow as a turtle." 

Thinking about the way she inquired about Felix told Volaren that she knew him. "So I take you two are acquainted? Figures I smelled your scent on him when I first spoke to him. So tell me Leona why were you late and he wasn't? Don't lie to me either, I hate liars." 

@Kiowa

Leona 

Leona snarled slightly as she stared at Felix. Unimpressed by his decisions, her glare was one that could kill. She glanced towards Volaren for a second and sighed noticing Locke was there as well. Secrets never stay secrets for long. But perhaps this was a good thing? That finally the truth would come out, something she wouldn't have to hide anymore. Her thumb and fingers pinched her brows together as she made an awkward clearing of her throat. Eyes meeting with Felix's for a moment before they buried down into the floor of embarrassment.

"I know you mean well Volaren. But I would prefer you didn't call my son a turtle.."

Her hand rolled over her face as if she was cleaning off dirt from it, her back straightened as she walked over towards Felix and patted his shoulder before looking guilty at Volaren. 

"He's my son..I was late as he wanted me to stay home while he looked around." She pinched Felix's ear at that point. "Yet I didn't know he'd be doing this."

Felix

Felix rolled his eyes at his mothers word. But soon enough he snapped out of his guilty trance and into one slightly of fear at his mothers killer stare. He daren't not look up as his mother came closer and began speaking. A slightly grunt came shortly after from the pinch to his ear, but he merely tugged his head away, still refusing to have eye contact with anyone who was around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back