• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

ToV: Cease The Fires OOC

Yay - just found this thread by accident. Now all we need is a few more people to make it a lively place, and we're ready to wreak havoc. You did post the links in both of the other quest logs, right? Just thought about tagging a few people, but all those who come into mind are in one of the two already.

Also, what the fuck? What kind of explosion was that? Did we just get propelled to the middle of a forest or something? Some explosion, damn.

Well, it is a gigantic fireball deflected by a simple magic barrier. Lars won't get incinerated to death, but it will still explode and send him flying.

Anyways, @Silanon @Fezzes, since you are the only two participants in this QL so far, and you will most likely choose different options every now and then, I suggest that the result should be decided with a coin toss. Of course, I will be the one to facilitate the coin toss, but you will be the ones to choose which side of the coin is your bet. First come, first serve. If you are alright with this, then post your choice below. If not, then I will find more participants, and ask for you to do the same as well.

On the other hand, I would like to ask both of you about the characters. How did you picture Lars, Arman, and Hembert? In your opinion, how should they look like? Take note that Lars and Arman are nearly the same age, and Hembert is about 4-5 years older than the two.

Why, you might ask? Because I am rather curious. Also, because plan to draw their appearances and include those in the Info Thread, since I cannot find any images online that fit my image of them. Although the latter is most likely irrelevant to the question, lol.

It'd be great to have a third person to break the tie - I'm wondering if it's worth tagging a few of the active ones in your other qls directly. Most others I'm rping with are not too interested in quest logs, unfortunately, so I can't really offer any help in that regard. If we end up tossing coins, I'm fine with either side - pick your choice, @Fezzes.

As for the appearances - that's actually a good question. Just spent a few minutes of my lunch break to try and sketch them for a better reference, but failed miserably - below, you'll find an idea for Arman. Main point is that I don't think of him as the typical, scraggy scholar.

IMG_4243.JPG

I'm wondering if it's worth tagging a few of the active ones in your other qls directly.

I'm still thinking about that. If I do tag them here, then it may seem like I am forcing them to participate, and I don't like to do that. If I do not, on the other hand, we will be left at a lack of participants. I'll just play it safe for now and decide on whether to advertise the QL on my profile or to create an actual QL interest check.

Just spent a few minutes of my lunch break to try and sketch them for a better reference, but failed miserably - below, you'll find an idea for Arman. Main point is that I don't think of him as the typical, scraggy scholar.

Interesting. You indirectly bring up a point there - working for the resistance will usually end up forcing you to do physical work, thus Arman will most likely gain some body mass.

Physical work, as well as combat training. Not saying that it'll be the same as for our giant main character, or the battle-hardened Hembert - but we're in war for quite a while already, if I'm not mistaken, so it's not like we just dragged him out of his candle-lighted chamber.

Tails, I suppose.

Yeah, I'd definitely seen Arman as not being a thin, scraggly wizard. For some reason, I have the image of him being bald with a short beard

I also see Hembert as not actually being very scarred, because in his reckoning, 'scars just show someone's good at getting hit'. But otherwise, being stocky. Nothing else, I don't have a consistent mental depiction of him beyond stocky.

And to me, Lars is a slightly less beefy, blond Thor Bjornson with a longer face and I have no idea why. Thor (name's not Thor, it's just easier to write than what it actually is with those billion accents, and it's kind of his nickname) is the guy who played the Mountain most recently.

Yeah, I'd definitely seen Arman as not being a thin, scraggly wizard. For some reason, I have the image of him being bald with a short beard

I also see Hembert as not actually being very scarred, because in his reckoning, 'scars just show someone's good at getting hit'. But otherwise, being stocky. Nothing else, I don't have a consistent mental depiction of him beyond stocky.

And to me, Lars is a slightly less beefy, blond Thor Bjornson with a longer face and I have no idea why. Thor (name's not Thor, it's just easier to write than what it actually is with those billion accents, and it's kind of his nickname) is the guy who played the Mountain most recently.

Interesting. I'll keep all these in mind when I get to work with the drawings.

As for the lack of players, I've decided to do both (because why not?). So I'll be launching an interest check soon, and inviting everyone from BLANK and CH, once I update the said QLs.

Capture.PNG

Lol, you win.

Lol we're at a tie again. I'll try and wait for other people to participate for two days, after that, we go on with the coin flip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back