• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Touched

duegxybus

Ten Thousand Club
Touched
Karina: I can't believe today's the day.

The seventeen-year-old pulled herself out of her bed and began to get dressed. She chose a white top and black pants. Sounded fairly simple in her mind. Of course, she was dressing for success. The girl sprinted down the stairs, grabbed two cereal bars, and sprinted right out the door. She wasn't going to school, no, that was over.

Turning around the corner of Summerville street, Karina made her way into the real world. She reached into her pocket, pulled out an earbud, and stuck it in her ear. She tapped away at her phone screen until finally she found a song that she liked.

Now, she had a decision to make. Walk, take the bus, or hail a taxi? There were many options that she had to make. She knew a taxi cost more money, but could get her there in a more private manner and faster. However, the bus was a method of public transportation and could be paid for with only cash. Or, she could always just walk there. Of course, walking wasn't a good idea due to how far it was. But it wouldn't hurt Karina to work out her legs. Right? Right??

Current Inventory:

$20 Cash Money
Credit Card: $500

Android Phone
Earbuds

Pocket Knife

[1. Walk there]
[2. Hail a taxi (there's one right there now!)]
[3. Take the bus]

YoungX YoungX B BlueClover

Touched
Karina: "Bus!"

Deciding to take the bus, Karina hastily made her way over to the bus stop, waiting at it for something to happen. When the bus arrived, she paid the $5 bus fare in cash and took a seat. The bus was headed to the Regalia Convention Center in Summerville. The first person she ran into was a tall, black-haired male with a charming smile.

Karina: "Oh, excuse me sir."
The Male: "No matter, miss. I was just about to sit too."

As Karina made her way to a seat, the male seemed to follow her. Now that was weird. She scooted all the way to the back; the male followed suite and sat next to her.

Karina: "Um, any reason you chose to sit next to me today?"
The Male: "No, no reason in particular. I'm Sean Ewing, by the way. What's your name?"
Karina: "Oh, no, I don't give out my name until the second date. Seriously, what are you thinking?"

Karina groaned as the bus began to move. She felt like she was stuck with this strange male who was only about a year older than she was. Nonetheless, it was odd.

Sean: "Are you headed to the Regalia Convention Center?"

Crap. He knows. How does he know? Oh wait, I just got on a bus to the Regalia Convention Center.

Karina: "Yeah. Why? Aren't we all?"

Suddenly, Sean moved his hand to Karina's shoulder and gazed into her eyes.

Sean: "You look like a volleyball player. Are you?"
Karina: "Y-Yes."
Sean: "Ah. My teammate really hates your kind."

Karina: "Volleyball players?"
Sean: "Yeah. Don't worry, he won't do anything to you. Just shout to me for help."

Um, thanks? Karina didn't know how to react to a strange male asking her to shout for help. It was doubtful that she would ever need to shout for help.

[1. Distance yourself from the male as much as possible]
[2. Stay close to Sean]
[3. Try and find someone you know]

B BlueClover YoungX YoungX Eagleye415 Eagleye415 Syndrome Syndrome November Holiday November Holiday

[2. Stay close to Sean.] We've all had that one guy we first met that appears to be awkward but really is looking out for others.

Touched
Karina walked up near Sean. The two walk side by side, before a reaction is elicited from Sean.

Sean: "Um...I'm not really supposed to ask, but why are you sticking to me like patch tar?"
Karina: "What are you accusing me of here?!"

Sean laughed loudly and continued to walk towards the convention center.

Sean: "Well, it's honestly a little bit creepy."
Karina: "You're one to talk! You sat next to me on the bus! We don't even know each other! What's my name?"
Sean: ... "You said you wouldn't say until the second date. So this isn't the first?"
Karina: "AUGH! You have got to be kidding me! You cheeky little-"

At that moment, a loud bell rang through the commotion of the convention center. An announcement came up over the entire event center.

Announcement: All participants, head to your designated sports.

Karina: "Yeah thanks Sean, I'm gonna go now!"

Karina sprinted off in the direction of the volleyball courts and...

[1. Change first]
[2. Talk to the team]
[3. Wait, did I just leave Sean?]

YoungX YoungX B BlueClover

Touched
Karina made her decision. Talking to the team would probably be a bad move without showing up in uniform. The girl sprinted down to the bathroom, practically barreling into a stall, as she opened her bag and bust out her uniform. Karina quickly stripped down and put on the volleyball uniform before walking right out the stall door. She kept a positive face on when she suddenly heard footsteps.

. . .

Karina: "Sean?!"

Sean: "'Sup. Didn't expect to see me or something?"

Karina: "What the hell are you doing outside the girl's bathroom? Pervert!"

Sean backed away a little bit, throwing his hands up in surrender.

Sean: "Hey, no need for that accusatory language little girl-"
Karina: "Don't 'little girl' me!"
Sean: "All I was saying is that you should be meeting with your team. Jesus, I just met you and I can already tell you're irresponsible."
Karina: "N-No I'm not! You were the idiot that stopped me!!"

Karina stormed off in the general direction of her team. After a few moments of walking through the halls of the convention center, Karina finally saw a team member.

Corbi: "Karina, you're late!"
Karina: "S-Sorry! It wasn't my fault! I was held up by some idiot outside the bathroom."
Corbi: "Makes sense. Ho."

Karina grabbed Corbi by the front of the shirt and glared at the shorter girl in the eye.

Karina: "Don't...call me a ho."
Corbi: [Smirks] "Ho."

Karina sighed and looked around for the rest of the team. However, nobody familiar was in her line of sight. It was just her and Corbi.

Corbi: "Gene has a foot surgery. He can't make it today. Alexandra is also out because of some shopping trip. If that's what you're wondering."
Karina: [Completely flabbergasted] "N-No! This can't be happening! Seriously! They said they'd be here! Who's playing then?!"
Corbi: "Well, let's get going."

[1. Get going]
[2. Wait, maybe teammates will show up]
[3. Call teammates]

B BlueClover YoungX YoungX Syndrome Syndrome

Touched
Karina: "Forget it, let's just go. I guess we're playing two versus four."
Corbi: "Shit."

Karina and Corbi exited the stadium and went out into the open. The hot sand touched the bottoms of their feet as they made their way into the volleyball court. They stood in their positions as the other team got in position to serve the ball. Karina and Corbi were fairly confident that they could get some hits in, but a bit of uncertainty dragged across Karina's mind as she prepared for the serve.

However, before the game started, a loud whistle rang through the silence. The referees looked at the teams from both sides, and everything became a blur in Karina's eyes as they sprinted towards the field. What was happening? It looks like everything changed in an instant. Was the game still going to happen?

[1. Investigate yourself]
[2. Ask a referee]
[3. Stay in place]
[4. Run the opposite direction]

YoungX YoungX B BlueClover Syndrome Syndrome

I completely forgot I made this! We will be resuming from that intermittent hiatus immediately. Expect to see more of Touched at least once a day starting from today!

Touched
Karina: "Corbi, wait here."
Corbi: "Karina, where are you going?!"

Before she could respond to Corbi, Karina took off running across the sand, sliding under the net, and running to the circle of referees. One of them, an older male with graying hair, had a flash light pointed at the sand. He was shouting unintelligibly at the ground that Karina couldn't see. Karina tried to get a better view from between the men's arms.

Referee: "Move, dammit."

The referee practically elbowed Karina in the stomach trying to get her to move. Before anything else could happen, a strange crackling sound rang out through the stadium. The lights flickered, before one by one, started to shatter. The familiar crackling of electricity followed the stranger sound, one which Karina immediately recognized as a serious problem. The fact that they were standing on sand was probably one of the most dangerous situations she could be put in.

Karina: "How...how the hell did this all happen? I just came here to play volleyball."

Sean: "I can answer that question."

Karina froze up at the now familiar voice of Sean Ewing. She gasped and whirled around on her heel, soon finding herself glaring up at Sean.

Karina: "S-Sean?! What the hell, what are you doing here?!"

Sean: "I could ask you the same question! Come on, let's get out of here!"

Before Karina could react, Sean grabbed her arm. The eyes of the two met for a split second, Karina's brown glare colliding with Sean's vibrant but calm green glare. It was almost a second of admiration for Karina, as she realized how bold this man's stare was-

Karina: "AAH!"

Sean yanked Karina off the court and practically dragged her through sports wing of the Regalia Convention Center. The two of them managed to make it behind a stone wall.

Sean: "This...might sound weird."
Karina: "What, Sean, what might sound weird?! Just tell me already, I had to leave Corbi out there!"
Sean: "Yeah...you know my teammate? He's taken this too far."

"AAH!"
Karina Tanner

[1. Trust Sean for now, and don't question him. Keep moving away from the stadium]
[2. Sean has harassed you enough. Pull the fire alarm, he's obviously the one taking this too far.]

[3. "Come on! We have to go find your teammate!"]

YoungX YoungX B BlueClover DemonKitten DemonKitten Syndrome Syndrome Eagleye415 Eagleye415

I am so sorry for this hiatus. I have sort of drifted off into forum RPs and forgotten to update this in the first place! From now on,
Touched will be updated at least once every five days!

lol i forgot this existed, this is dead because I both lost interest and there's nowhere the plot's going

I do have an active Quest going on here. There's quite a lot to read for this one, but you can jump in at any time. All Your Powers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back