• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Totally Not Dungeons & Dragons

Hazmat44

Ignore the radiation. I do that all the time.
Yep, it's totally D&D.

In summary; story starts at a classic tavern, adventurer's guild, what have you. Groups are randomly selected; ergo, none of the main characters have to have prior knowledge of the others. Classic fantasy proceeds, hijinks ensue, et cetera.

Rules are simple. Have decent writing skills, keep it relatively simple, and don't make your protag stupidly overpowered. I don't want to start a fight with a troll just to have some chuuni warlock bust out the sealed-power move and nuke the friggin' mountain.

Have fun!

I want to wait a bit and see if anyone else wants to join in, but in the meantime, would you like to introduce your character?

CHARACTER INFORMATION: Ansapi
Ansapi is a very large black-and-white housecat. He stands on his hind legs and wears simple white and gray clothes. He wields a pair of specially designed battle claws over his own, an heirloom passed through his family for generations up until the line burned out with him. He has a small backpack with a hidden compartment at the bottom to keep his gold in, and his eyes are a bright green. He likes sarcasm quite a lot, and tends to get on people's nerves. He wears minimal armor, choosing mobility over defense, but prioritizes the obvious weak points.

He doesn't like people, cats, or anything in between. He's an excellent fighter in a one-on-one fight, but tends to go more for evasion in a larger scale battle. His battle claws are much sharper than his natural ones, although he keeps both sharp. Being a cat, he's small enough that people tend to underestimate him; a mistake that is often rapidly rectified. For no visible reason, nobody questions the fact he can talk. Whether this is due to them wondering if it's an uncomfortable subject or if it's some kind of magical artifact causing the curiosity to veer away, Ansapi doesn't bother to ask... and certainly doesn't try to answer.

TAVERN INTRODUCTION: Quests and How Not to Lose Them
The sign out front had been crossed off.

It didn't matter who you were. Most people took one look at the wooden sign hanging over the doors, inscribed with the words "SCREW YOU" scratched over the lovingly etched "Lonely Siren", and rather fairly decided that anywhere else would be safer.

Safer, unfortunately, wasn't much when it came to the variety and depth of taste that the Lonely Siren, henceforth to be referred to as the Screw You, had behind its disguised veneer. It was an older building than most, with detailed artwork carved into its wooden buttresses and arches. A window which had once been stained-glass imperiously watched the cobbled road before it.

Sure, it got drafty as all get out in winter, and the summer heat would reduce even the hardiest man to a sweaty mess within minutes, but it was all worth it for the food.

No one knew why the food tasted so good. Rumors said it was elves. Gossip said it was a runaway Royal Chef. A commonly held hidden worry was that it had some kind of drug in it. Whatever the case, no one was allowed in the kitchen, and it didn't matter if you had a warrant. The Screw You would find a way to make anyone who tried to investigate the kitchen... disappear, to put it nicely. Health inspectors, guardsmen, wizards, they all vanished. Hopefully they didn't end up in the food, but it regrettably stayed just that; a hope, and a meager one at that.

Thankfully, you have no interest in going into the kitchens.

Yet, at least.

Anyway, the food's great, the people stick to themselves for the most part, and the quests aren't usually that bad. Just your luck, though, the one you signed up for was a group mission. Your companions would be random, and given the nature of the job, you'd be with them for a while.

How you feel about that... is up to you.

Thank you very much! I don't know if there's a specific way to create a Character Sheet though...
You just make a model or list of things you want to know about the characters, for example:

Name:

Last name:

Race:

Class:

Backstory:

Personality:

Extras:

You can add more things or less, it's really up to you and the kind of order you want to keep

You just make a model or list of things you want to know about the characters, for example:

Name:

Last name:

Race:

Class:

Backstory:

Personality:

Extras:

You can add more things or less, it's really up to you and the kind of order you want to keep
Thank you! I'll be sure to do that.

I'd love to join...
But I can only respond on Saturday's. Is that okay?
Totally! The plot might move a little quickly, though...
Perhaps there's a curse on your character which renders him immobile on any day except Saturday?

Totally! The plot might move a little quickly, though...
Perhaps there's a curse on your character which renders him immobile on any day except Saturday?
Oh okay! I'm also very new to D&D, so, I might be very confused.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back