• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Tooth and Claw: Hunters for Blood

RitualDeadlyf

Forget It, Shoot Me
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
1680178491659.png
Dear Hunter,
Our world is coming to a close and with the earthen cries, monsters rise from the depths who have slumbered for a megaannum. They, too, fear the end of the world. Please come to the internal wound and stop the coming doom. Only then, may we sleep once again. The sound of the ghostly cries disappear from your thoughts with the scent of blood trailing off.

Tooth and Claw: Hunters for Blood

Taking place in a world where hunting monsters is a common practice, there is a sudden change in the ecosystem causing an increase in their appearance or more aggressive cases. These monsters are large or sometimes small, armored in scales, or covered in fur. Perhaps hiding underground while others are high above watching you from a distance. Either way, you are no stranger to the occurrence as it's in your blood to hunt down such threats.

Wherever you have come from is of little importance as what matters is you've received a mysterious calling. The scent of blood leads you to a large encampment located near the Gaia's Scar. A large crack in the Earth that had appeared recently that leads far below into complete darkness. There is not enough information regarding Gaia's Scar but some suspect a large monster created it, while others suspect it's something more. Something causing the sudden change in monster behavior.

Join the encampment made of other hunters such as yourself and determine the source of the sudden changes. When you're resting up you can enjoy drinks, food, chatter, dancing, and whatever else your little heart desires. Just don't forget how you ended up here...

1680178543339.png
Ah, welcome! You are no surprising sight as we have been getting many like you, who claim to have followed the scent of blood. While it is strange, I must say, we're pleased to have you as the monsters have made our research difficult. My name is Yaeger, I'm the Head Researcher of this encampment. Our team headed out here to investigate the sudden appearance of the split in the Earth. Then, one day, hunters such as yourself started appearing.

• Hunters are just how they sound. People who head out in the world to hunt down monsters of all sizes and shapes. You will be playing as a hunter who just arrived at an encampment known as Yae'Gura (or Yae), named after the Head Researcher Yaeger. For some strange reason, hunters explain that they came to the encampment after following a scent similar to that of blood. There are no other races aside from humans, as they do not exist in this world. While there have been many monsters inhabiting this world, it has always been between you and them. Your life revolves around slaying monsters for the coin, protection, enjoyment, or some other ideology.

There is no limitation when it comes to basic gear for your hunter. Compatible weapons are listed with each class but are open to creativity, and there is no direct magic in this world. All gear must be approved before participating to ensure it fits with standards. IF your gear is made of monster parts, you must fill out the monster creation template so it can be included into the lore.

However, your whole time isn't revolved around hunting. You most certainly can pick up a hobby like cooking or blacksmithing, go for drinks, make friends and more. Those with major hobbies that benefit others can create crafting lists with needed ingredients to benefit others. The GM does oversee this to ensure everyone is being fair.

Attachments

• 1680178641599.png
    1680178641599.png
    138.5 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Did you say MONSTER HUNTER!? I'm in! Are you willing to add more weapons or take any suggestions?

Did you say MONSTER HUNTER!? I'm in! Are you willing to add more weapons or take any suggestions?
Absolutely! Players are allowed to make a weapon of their choice that fits their class as long as it's not magical. Just run it by me so we make sure it fits the universe.

Also, shhhh.
Of course it's not THE Monster Hunter lmao

Oh ok I gotcha! How about GOD EATER or Toukiden! Lol

What about hybrid classes? Like a middle ground between certain classes that gains some benefits and cons.

No escape lmao
I'm actually not super familiar with Toukiden. Always wanted to try it just have not gotten to it.

Hm, if players can properly level the pros and cons of a hybrid class - I would consider it. My worry is people would get too "OP Happy". What did you have in mind?

What about Enchanter mixed with Ranger. Losing the precision of the ranger but gaining an exploding shot that disperses whatever concoctions they put in.

hello! just expressing interest as most likely a warrior (paladin-esque with his primary thing being block and strike when opportune: hit rare but hard) if that's alright?

BEAST CALLER!!!!! I'm leaning towards that azuros aka bes' monstie
E6tA8GuUcAABfe7

If we are allowed a second monstie then nargacuga 👀

BEAST CALLER!!!!! I'm leaning towards that azuros aka bes' monstie
E6tA8GuUcAABfe7

If we are allowed a second monstie then nargacuga 👀
Well, it's not the monster hunter uuuuuuniverse. It's a whole separate thing. Buuuuuut, you can definitely create a monster oddly similar to Azuros. Create as many as you want by the way to fill the index.

ThAtGuY101 ThAtGuY101
Flexibility over immutability 🤌

Alright, think for a moment. Let's say you and your totally not Azuros came across a rocky terrain, mountain. Unable to pass. How do you climb over it? Perhaps you can. Azuros isn't a mountain climber. Not like that anyways. So, would you carry Azuros on your back? I mean, you could try. Instead, dismiss totally not azuros for a rainy day and call upon a totally not, majestic legiana to fly you over in a cool breeze.

I think I can make this work. The day not azuros becomes wild or disappears, we are having a week long mourning. 👀

Anyone that says "it was just a bear" will be shot on sight.

Is the CS page up...? I'm thinking about making an emotionality unstable loose canon.

Is the CS page up...? I'm thinking about making an emotionality unstable loose canon.
Yes, it's under expectations but here.

No worries. I made someone who sells drugs basically lmao

hullo~ tossing this here since i didn't see where to specify the monster? c': I hope El is fine otherwise~

0KTDMU1.jpg

Segben
Typical Difficulty: Moderate to Hard, depending on size
Weakness: Coating weapons with a specific spice named Annatt hurts it greatly.
Specialty: It coats its claws with a poison that causes burning hot pain. Wounds affected by this poison have impaired healing and a higher likelihood of infection.
Description: Commonly found in rural areas preying on local livestock. As it gets older, it grows larger and stronger, hence why many communities often send hunting expeditions whenever one is spotted in the area. It moves on all fours, stalking akin to a large cat before leaping and fatally wounding its target with its claws. Often times the poison leaves its prey debilitated with pain, making it easy pickings for the Segben.

Last edited:

hullo~ tossing this here since i didn't see where to specify the monster? c': I hope El is fine otherwise~

0KTDMU1.jpg

Segben
Typical Difficulty: Moderate to Hard, depending on size
Weakness: Coating weapons with a specific spice named Annatt hurts it greatly
Specialty: It coats its claws with a poison that causes burning hot pain. Wounds affected by this poison have impaired healing and a higher likelihood of infection.
Description: Commonly found in rural areas preying on local livestock. As it gets older, it grows larger and stronger, hence why many communities often send hunting expeditions whenever one is spotted in the area. It moves on all fours, stalking akin to a large cat before leaping and fatally wounding its target with its claws. Often times the poison leaves its prey debilitated with pain, making it easy pickings for the Segben.

Thank you so much! I have created the page here;

I'll add this in myself so you don't have to again.

1. Can you explain what Annatt is? I tried looking it up and think it might be a spice made by Goya. But, that way others know what it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back