• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Tomb of Annihilation: A 5th Edition D&D Campaign

findinmyself

chillin
1586967179543.pngSomething evil is trapping the souls of the dead and draining life from all who have been raised from death by magic. This worldwide “death curse” not only prevents the raising of the dead but also causes creatures that were previously raised from the dead to wither and die. The source of this death curse lies in a trap-riddled tomb hidden beneath a lost city in the depths of a vast jungle. Tomb of Annihilation is a Dungeons & Dragons adventure that takes place on the peninsula of Chult in the Forgotten Realms. Chult is a tropical wilderness composed mostly of jungles, plateaus, impassable mountains, and belching volcanoes. This adventure is designed to begin with a party of four to six 1st-level characters, who should advance to 11th level or higher by the adventure’s conclusion.

Hey all! I'm putting together a party for this campaign, a tropical wonderland of chaos and mystery! I'll be wanting a party of 4-6 players, and each of you will start at 1st Level. This is set in Forgotten Realms, the classic D&D setting, and you'll all begin the campaign in Baldur's Gate, a large city.
Important Troll Stats
AC: 15
Max HP: 84
Passive Perception: 12

For post requirements, I would like around a paragraph each, except if there is some dialogue flowing between characters and NPC's. I feel the game becomes sluggish when people do 2 paragraph posts about character feelings and opinions. That doesn't mean you can't express them, it just means that under the right circumstances, use them. Maybe not while having a casual discussion with a barman, eh?

I myself will be attempting to set the scene as much as possible, but I won't be including NPC inner dialogue in the posts. This is to keep a sense of intrigue for the party, and an intensive to uncover secrets.

Combat may be slightly difficult, but I have ways to make sure that everything is kept in check. I will have a battle map out during combat, but I won't show it to you all the time. Instead, on each player's turn, I'll describe where they are and what they see, in terms of distance. This hopefully will provide you with intensives to choose interesting ideas for battle. In addition, once combat begins, I'll post enemy stats in a similar fashion to the ones on the side bar. This is to show if you hit an attack, pass something by their glance, or anything else, so that you don't end up rolling to hit and then having to ask if it does, once again slowing down the flow of the game.

A quick warning for this campaign, it can be quite the time bomb. There is a lot of stuff happening, and many things are on a timer, so this encourages players to engage with the campaign, but also gives them a reason to rush. Sometimes you may want some down time, but there aren't going to be as many opportunities to relax and have a drink. Gathering information is important, and so is exploration.

What I'm Allowing
  • Player's Handbook
  • Xanathar's Guide to Everything
  • Volo's Guide to Monsters (If you wish to play a race from this book, please ask me in advance so we can figure how we can make it work.)
  • Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide
  • The Tortle Package
Wildemount, Eberron and Ravnica races, along with the Artificer class and Blood Hunter class, are not something I'm going to be allowing. This adventure begins in the Forgotten Realms, or Faerun, the classic D&D setting, and none of the races or classes exist there. I would advise you perhaps read up on the Sword's Coast Adventurer's Guide, since it offers a lot of information on the world you play in.

That should be it! Drop a reply saying you're interested and I'll add you to a group chat, where we can discuss classes, races, backstory and everything else in between. Cheers!

Last edited:
I am down to being a player in this! I'm not sure when I'll be able to do this adventure path.

How are you doing Attributes?

Interested in doing this. Dm'd a few homebrew games so I have a grasp on the rules and such :3

I am most likely doing my Half-Human Druid, he'll either be going Circle of the Moon or Shepherd.
Also, I rolled: 11; 12; 13; 13; 14; 15 for my attributes.

I'm interested! I've DM'd and played before, and I'd be interested in playing a cleric.

I'd be down! Would you allow eepc races? (I'm not too focused on the race, though, so it's fine either way)

That's definitely everyone I can take! I'll be allowing eepc, but Aarakockra are a personal hate I have, because they have a passive flying speed. Normally I wouldn't allow them, but I'll make an exception considering the setting this is.

Oh boy tropical hellscapes!

That sounds as fun as pulling teeth!

Where do I sign?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back