• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Tokyo Ghoul Re:Master

TPBx

Simpin for Witch Tea
The date is November 6th. A year following the Anteiku Incident. The CCG have once again reigned in control over Tokyo's streets and have stemmed the threat of the man-eating ghouls substantially. However trouble stirs in the shadows away from the watchful of the Investigators guarding the citizens of Tokyo. Another revolution sits over the horizon with a new set of ghouls leading the way. It is now up to the CCG and their new elite task force comprised of half-ghouls known as Quinx and highly skilled investigators to stop it.

Characters: Tokyo Ghoul Re:Master Characters
OOC: Tokyo Ghoul Re:Master OOC
Discord: TG Re:Master Discord

Kloudy Kloudy Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving Purity Purity @Lancelot

Last edited:

It was day time, the light shone through the streets and alleyways throughout the different districts in Tokyo. A Ford Mustang painted navy blue with white racing stripes sped up and down the streets and through traffic at blistering speeds. A figure dressed in a dark collared shirt paired with a black leather jacket with white stripes and dark blue jeans was at the wheel of the reckless vehicle. People stared at him and realized that the man was some sort of foreigner. His medium length dark blonde hair, draped over one eye was sort a dead giveaway.

The vehicle drove into the garage of the Japanese CCG Office in Tokyo. The man emerged from the driver's side and strode on through into the offices within the glass encased building. Upon reaching the security gate, the man held up a badge and was casually let through into the building without a single word exchanged between the man and the guards. He approached the receptionist desk and was immediately directed to the elevators and to another room by another faculty member to the Chairman's room. After a few minutes of discussion between the man and the chairman, the man was then lead to the CCG Training Center to meet two special investigators that would make up this man's new squad in Japan. They passed through to several halls until they came across one of the investigators that he wanted to see.

"There he is, Kennedy-san," the faculty member said to him.

"Thanks, you can go now," he replied. The other CCG worker acknowledged him and ran off to fulfill his other duties around the CCG Office. "Yo, you there, Sasaki Haise, is that you," he asked while holding out his hand, "the name's Leon, I'll be working with you from here on out."

Interacting:
CerpinTaxt CerpinTaxt

(The rest of you are free to post now)

anime girl.jpg
Nami 13th ward

It had been a quiet day for Nami, no big robberies or such, though she had been asked to report to the 1st ward later today she had decided to hopefully catch a couple ghouls before she had to leave. Humming a tune from her favorite cartoon show as she lightly skipped down the street. abruptly she stopped though as a familiar sound reached her ear. Taking a second to listen closely her lips soon spread wide in a rather crazed smile. "i know that sound. the sound of ripping flesh and breaking bones." she said softly before letting out a cute childish giggle. Then as if nothing had happened she turned down a dark alley and skipped down it. soon rounding a corner behind the building to her left she stopped as she came upon the sight of her prey. a lowly ghoul who was eating what looked like a business man. His chest ripped wide open, blood still dripping from his mouth and terror frozen in his now dead eyes.

The ghoul had quickly stopped eating not long after Nami had come upon him and looked back to see the child. "Huh?! w-what are you doing here little girl?" the ghoul asked with a good amount of caution and a small amount of hunger in his tone. Nami deciding to play along gave the man a sort of shy look, bending her head down and bringing her hands behind her back without a response which made the ghoul smile just a little and let his guard down. He most likely figuring she was nothing more than a little girl who he could eat. Slowly he stood up and turned to face her. "Dont worry sweetie i wont hurt y--" His sentence was interrupted by the sound of a gun shot. The ghoul then slowly looked down to see a big hole in his stomach. His eyes going wide he grabbed his stomach and fell to his knees, then looked up to see Nami standing there Minirith held in her hands and an innocent smile on her face along with some blood on her cheek. "you know eating people isn't very nice mister." she said with a small giggle as the Ghoul sat there in horror. Quickly he got u and turned to run which was accompanied by two quick gun shots making him fall to the ground with a yell of pain. Quickly he looked back only to see that both his legs were missing just below the knee cap. Then he screamed in pain which made Nami giggle. "Your silly to scream, no ones gonna want to save you." she said as a crazed smile overtook her face. Smirking some more she pressed a button on minirith and a big hiss came from it before the excessively long barrel quickly slid backwards into the gun making it much smaller before two straps came from it and Nami Tossed it on her back like a back pack before skipping over to the incapacitated ghoul who stared up in horror. When Nami got to him she went to his side and bent at the waste so that she was looking down at him with an innocent smile. "Hehe will you play with me? just for a little while. I promise it will be fun!" She said happily.

"Nami!" A deep commanding voice suddenly called out from down the alley way which caused both Nami and her victim to look over. There standing at the end of the alley way was a mn, dressed nicely and rather handsome for his age, a big silver brief case sat on his right as he stared down the two.
EUu1Guw.jpg
It was Nami's partner George though he was more of a caretaker for her. "Nami what do you think your doing?" George asked sternly which made Nami smile and quickly run to him. "Papa papa come on!! Look what I found!" She said excitedly as she grabbed his left hand and dragged him down to the dying ghoul. "Look papa look!! I found who we were looking for!" She said with a happy giggle as she looked down to the ghoul then back up to George though he did not share the same excitement that Nami did. "Nami.... What have i told you about torture? ive told you that it isn't something you should take lightly, you need to put this ghoul down right now." He said calmly which immediately received an outcry from Nami. "But I don't wanna put him down i wanna pl-." Before she could finish her sentence George glared at her which made her frown. then slowly she pulled out one of her secondary pistols and held it over the ghouls head pointing at him. Then she pulled the trigger three times killing the Ghoul. "Are we going to the 1st ward now papa?" Nami asked as she took Georges hand and they headed out of the alley way. Nodding to Nami George smiled at her as they got to his car and hopped in before driving off towards the first ward.

Haise sat upon one of the few chairs that sparsely populated the Training Center of the CCG Main Office, his circular-framed glasses resting low on his nose. He held a small book in his left hand while his right arm dangled lazily on the other side of the chair. He looked as if he were debating between sleeping and reading, and the tired look on his face was telling of the choice he was making. It wasn't that the book was bad, but it did little to keep his attention focused. It was just so dry to read that Sasaki felt reading case files would be better reading material to keep him occupied. Perhaps he shouldn't have picked up the American classic The Grapes of Wrath after all. Sasaki had been wanting to have something to talk about with the foreign Investigator so they could converse in something other than work. Did the man even like books? Perhaps he was the kind of man who enjoyed movies? Sasaki hadn't really watched many American moves, so he would be out of luck on that one.

The sound of a particularly loud conversation snapped Sasaki out of his tumbling thoughts of self-doubt, his eyes flickered about to spot a man approaching him. A very strange looking ma- Oh shoot! This was the man he was meant to be working with today! With graceful panic, Sasaki composed himself and rose from the chair but not before placing his newly purchased book on the top of his metal suitcase. That damned book, making him look unprofessional in the presence of his new coworker! He'd been certain to put it on the part of the bookshelf that got dusted the least. Sasaki finally had the chance to actually examine the man who held his hand out as he came closer. His hair was certainly an interesting style, but Haise really couldn't comment on hair now could he? His clothes too...did the American CCG branch not have as strict a dress-code? It certainly helped the man stand out from the others, which was a blessing in the crowded room.

[color= #00BFFF]"Ah..hello there er..Kennedy-san!"[/color] Haise exclaimed happily, his eyes darting between the mans face and his hand. What was he- Oh, yes! A handshake! Haise gladly took the older mans hand, giving him the firmest handshake he could muster, all the while bowing to him as well. "It's wonderful to meet someone from the United States Branch! I hope we can do our best and work well together!" Haise spoke with a friendly smile, wanting the two to start on a good note.

"You've got quite a grip there," Leon remarked, "glad to meet you. I'm just glad to be back in Japan, its been too long." Haise's handshake definitely struck him as different than the average person. Leon could already tell even without having glossed over the documents about the Quinx that they would be a handful. Half-ghouls as CCG Investigators good grief. He then let go and patted Haise on the back. "Well, Sasaki-kun, I've got orders from the top saying that you, me, and a couple others are forming a team." Leon looked around and saw sitting next to Haise was a copy of Steinbeck's The Grapes of Wrath, picked it up, and glossed through a couple pages. "Hey, I didn't know you were into American literature. The Grapes of Wrath is great and all, but I prefer Steinbeck's other works like The Pearl. I used to read a lot more but not so much any more." Leon then handed the book back to him, and in addition to the book, Leon handed Haise a case file.

"Before we do anything else, the brass wants us to take care of this quickly, apparently its urgent. Follow me."

CerpinTaxt CerpinTaxt

15th Ward

The weather outside was slightly chilly, but that was of no concern to Kuroko. She was indoors, like always, organizing books for the library. The pay wasn’t quite as high as she could probably get in a different job, but she didn’t really mind. As long as she received the occasional smile or thanks from someone that required her help, it was much better than any other place she could work at. So Kuroko continued to shelve books day by day, and her dedication made sure that most of the staff knew and liked her as well.

“Hey! Kuroko! Good morning!” Another one of the employees rushed up to her. Akira was a face that Kuroko wasn’t quite used to yet, her brown hair and glasses always speeding around the building, even though everyone constantly told her to slow down. She was new, eager, and on top of running, had to be consistently reminded to keep her voice down in the library. Kuroko turned around a bit exasperated.

“Akira, could you tone it down a couple notches? You work at a library, you know.” Akira stopped in front of Kuroko. She was carrying a cardboard cup holder, and there were three covered cups with steam rising slightly from their mouths.

“Ah, yeah, I keep forgetting about that…” Akira said, with a slightly crestfallen look on her face. “It’s just, when it’s so quiet, I always want to break the silence.” She shook her head and held out the cups. “Anyway, here you go! I got one for everyone on morning shift.”

Kuroko smiled. “That’s sweet of you. Is it coffee?” She reached out for a cup.

“Nope! Hot cocoa.” Kuroko froze for a moment, but quickly recovered.

“Akira, I’m sure everyone would want a bit of caffeine instead of sugar in the morning. But thanks for the cup.” Kuroko wrapped both of her hands around the cup, letting the warmth soak in.

“Aww, but they pretty much do the same thing. You should try it, the person that made it says that it’s a new recipe.” Akira waited eagerly.

Kuroko steeled herself inwardly, then casually took a sip. “It tastes great, Akira. Maybe it is better than coffee.” Akira grinned, then began to rush to the second floor. “Akira, slow dow–“

“I’ll make sure everyone else gets their cup! Thanks Kuroko!”

Kuroko looked down at the cup, then took another sip.

~~~~~~~

She hit her stomach again. Hard. The pain from it beat whatever was gripping at her from the inside, whatever was causing her to double over in waves of agony. Thankfully, Kuroko had managed to get to the bathroom stall just in time, but she’d forgotten to grab water or anything else to forget the taste. So now she was just curled up on the floor, sweating and trying to stop her legs from trembling.

“Stupid idiot, why did you have to…” She gagged again.

What had compelled her to finish that entire cup, Kuroko couldn’t guess. Wait, no, she could. The look of appreciation on Akira’s face when Kuroko had handed the empty cup back had created some happiness in Kuroko’s heart, however momentary. This was the first time that she’d actually finished something Akira had given to her, but she hoped that Akira wouldn’t expect her to make a habit of it. One sip alone had been positively disgusting.

An interesting little spider, colored in the shimmering red and crystalline black of a traditional kagune, scuttled up to Kuroko. She tracked it as it climbed up her side and settled on one of her hands. It then dissolved into her skin. Someone’s coming into the bathroom.

Kuroko quickly got up and exited the stall, and was splashing water on her face by the time the person came in. She waited until they entered a stall, and then left the bathroom. She leaned slightly against the wall of the corridor leading back into the library to regain her composure, then walked calmly back in.

Kuroko resumed working, picking up books from her cart and putting them where they were supposed to go, when she felt a tap on her shoulder. She turned around.

“Yes?”

(If nobody uses this cue I'll just answer myself.)

"Ah! You've been here before? I suppose that's not too surprising, I hear American Branch investigators get called to go to a lot of places." Haise grinned as he spoke, letting out a small sheepish laugh as he was patted on the back. "Mm..a team?" He quizzed the slightly taller man as he slide his glasses off from his face, sliding them into one of the pockets of his white coat. No need to wear them if he wasn't reading, right? "Would it ah..have to do with the Quinx? The special Investigators with kakuhou's implanted in them, covered with quinque steel?" Haise had been aware of the experimental procedures that had taken place, but he personally never took part in any way, not having any information of who had been converted. Though if Haise had to guess, he was most likely listed as one of the Quinx.

"You liked to read huh? I had thought to pick up some American classics to have things to talk about with you! I've read a few American novels, and even European stuff!" Haise had a big cheesy grin on his face, feeling quite proud with himself. Looks like he and the foreign investigator would be getting along just fine! Glancing at the file, he took it from the man and then nodded. "Right behind you!" He exclaimed before stashing the book away in a pocket and picked up his briefcase from the floor. He would follow Leon to wherever the two were meant to go, all the while examining the case file he'd been handed.

TPBx TPBx

Marx Hawthorne
15th Ward

0938260b2ae20123eabdc969b21c68f7--black-bear-manga-boy.jpg

"Where should I return these books to?"

Marx was in a library. It was strange for him to be in one, not because the place didn't seem to particularly interest him recreationally or educationally, but because it was rare to see an Associate Special Investigator from the CCG in such a local place away from the HQ. He was in the 15th Ward nonetheless, so perhaps it wasn't that unlikely after all.

Marx was currently chasing a lead on rumours of increased concentrated predation in the 15th Ward. Of course, the perpetrator or perpetrators were quick to hide their presences so it seemed like a hopeless task for most. Marx was not so quick to lose hope, however. He knew from personal experience that ghouls loved to imitate humans in the way they live their lives. The idiom 'you are what you eat' could not be more true in this case. Marx had an acute sense of smell, a fortunate silver lining to the cloud that was his past. The smell of ghoul had emanated from this very library, so he had decided to stake it out. Whether it contained his targets or not was still unknown, but the more dead ghouls the better in his books. He spoke again, his voice muffled from the layers of black bandages that tightly covered his mouth, chin and left eye. Despite the slight sound barrier, one could tell his voice was naturally raspy and somewhat distorted if their hearing was as exceptional as a ghoul's.

"The person at the front desk doesn't appear to be present. And everyone else looks busy, so..." That was a lie, at least the last part was. The fact that he had approached this young woman was no coincidence, the smell was strongest from her. The confused, uncoordinated, shy young man facade was merely meant to draw her out of her shell, to get comfortable with him. Of course, that did not necessarily mean he suspected that she herself was a ghoul, but rather a potential victim that the ghoul or ghouls in question often groomed. But Marx was vigilante and did not let his guard down: she would crack under the pressure if she was guilty.

As part of the act, Marx accidentally let slip one of the books from the large stack he was holding. In a pseudo-panic he tried to recover the teetering book and subsequently dropped all the books as a result, not that anyone could tell it was faked of course. He picked up the first book, it read: 'Advanced Biology: Ghoul Physiology'. Perhaps it would interest her? It would be a step in the right direction if it disturbed her. Unless his senses were fooling him somehow, she was still top of his suspect list and he had only just met her. Well, you didn't make Associate Special Investigator for nothing. Not that anyone knew he was one, naturally, he had taken something from the ghoul's way of life as well: a mask to hide his identity. You never knew when a ghoul would try to target you when off guard or at your weakest. But maybe he should tell her? Marx decided against it for now, choosing to wait for her response as he continued pick up his numerous books.

Purity Purity

Last edited:
The two left the room and headed down the hallways back towards the garage. "Well, actually, I was born here in Osaka. My old man worked as a developer for a game company out there. I think Copcam or something like that. But we didn't stay here for too long because we moved to his hometown in Missouri when I was young," Leon noted. The two of them came up to the front desk of the CCG Office and headed out towards the security checkpoint where Leon waved them off, letting the duo pass through without hesitation. In the lobby the passed by another personality covered in a bunch of bandages carrying several books about ghouls and their physiology, but that did not concern Leon at the time. He focused his attention on the case and began talking over some details with Haise.

"Apparently, there's been cases of ghoul cannibalism as well as increased number of homicides in what appears to be in Suginami? Or I guess in your guys's terminology the 15th ward. I'm guessing there are some Cannibals that they want us to hunt down or at least track." He looked back at Haise and continued to speak, "do you happen to know any infamous ghouls that normally hide out there."

CerpinTaxt CerpinTaxt

“Oh, yeah, I’d love to help. It seems like you have a bit of a handful there, let me help with that first…”

Kuroko considered him for a moment, then she crouched down to help him pick up the books. She started stacking some books in her arms, and as she did, she read a couple of the titles. Theory of Ghouls, History of the Quinque, The Science of RC Cells, they were all books that she was very familiar with. Of course, Kuroko knew most books in the library, but these especially were in that little corner to the north on the second floor, near a window overlooking the park nearby.

The fact that he had those books was interesting to Kuroko, but she’d seen enough people interested by ghouls to where she didn’t consider anything special about this character. Of course, there was a slight chance that he was an investigator or studying to become one, but Kuroko had never let that worry her in the past, and it didn’t bother her now. But she did have one question.

“That’s… quite the number of bandages you have there. Pardon me for asking, but… did something happen?"

Ghoul Coffee Shop, 12th Ward
Jason made his way down the street, keeping his head down as the sun glared straight into his face. He'd been in hiding ever since the Anteiku Incident, and he was running out of places to go. He'd found a tiny little coffee shop run by a Ghoul, and Jason had seen a few other Ghouls there. The CCG were really cracking down on Ghouls lately. They even brought in some American agent who was supposed to be the top Ghoul hunter in the world. Jason sighed, opening the door to the shop as he took a seat and ordered his usual, looking at the TV above the bar as he saw a news broadcast about Ghouls. "What a suprise," he thought, the barista placing his coffee on the table as he slowly sipped it. He reached into his coat pocket, taking out a photo of him and his sister that they took a few days after they started working at Anteiku. He started to tear up, his right eye turning black and red before he wuixkly hid it and reverted it back to normal. He then started sobbing, tears dropping onto the photo.​
TPBx TPBx

"Notable ghouls in the 15th ward?" Haise's eyes idly wandered as he thought of any notable ghouls from that particular ward. "Mm..there are are a few I can think of. I believe there's been two S+ rated ghouls that have been spotted in that particular area. I believe one calls himself 'Hokori', but there's been little evidence of him other than the crime scenes he leaves and the kagune secretions. Any other cannibalizing ghoul in the area are a bit of a mystery. We find their crime scenes but never the actual ghoul responsible. I believe Mado-san had theorized them being around A to S rank. I'm sure we could find them together though!"

Cling...clatter.

"That'd be quite the fight wouldn't it? Remember the last cannibal we were against? You nearly lost it back then. Whose to say you won't lose it if you encounter who ever this is?"

That damned voice in the back of his mind had returned, the sound of clattering shackles and chains marking its arrival as he whispered words only Haise would ever hear. A slight eye twitch was the only sign of the internal anguish he was currently processing. That cruel, mocking voice that taunted him with promises of power, all he had to do was be allowed to be used. Haise would never allow it. He was too afraid to even want to think about it.

Haise took a slow, deep breath to calm himself, his gentle smile coming back to his face as they now came to the garage."Oh! Are we taking your car, Associate Special Class?"

Leon pulled out his keys and unlocked with his car with a single push of a button. The Mustang’s lights blinked a few times signaling that it was ready to go. He popped open the driver side door, hopped into the more than comfortable leather seats, inserted the key into the ignition, and turned it over. Leon looked out the window to see Haise sheepishly standing by waiting for further orders. “Hey, kid don’t be shy. Hop in.”

Haise couldn’t help but oogle the blue colored vehicle that sat a few feet from him, a look of admiration in his eyes. “This really is quite a car! I’ve ah..never really had the luxury to be in one of these before. I know a few of the higher-up Investigators have foreign made cars, but I could never imagine owning one personally, heh.” Upon the offer to enter the vehicle, Haise swiftly made his way to the passenger side door, fiddling with the handle for a moment as he attempted to figure out just which way to pull it. Once he’d discovered the way in, he plopped into the car, setting the briefcase that contained Yukimura 1/3 on the floor of the passenger seat. “It’s sort of weird, not seeing a steering wheel on this side. Did you have to get used to driving on the left side of the road?” Haise couldn’t help but ask the man as he slid the seat belt over his chest.

“I’ll have to admit that I have to think a bit more driving around these parts of the world that drive on the left hand side. Though I’ve been driving for a long time now, so it’s practically second nature.” Leon was briefly reminded about his brief experiences driving in other parts of the world and for the most part crashing a great number of vehicles. He stowed those thoughts aside and began making his way out of the garage. First shifting gears into neutral and just slightly tapping the gas pedal to let Haise get a feel for the exemplar of American Muscle, drawing the attention of other investigators who were nearby, and then drifting out of his parking space and cruising slowly through the corridors of the garage. Once they made it to the main road, Leon hit the gas and sped out onto the streets of Tokyo.

Haise felt a bit like a child in that passenger seat, the smile on his face growing as Leon tapped the gas pedal, letting the engine roar for a few moments. He was jealous of those higher ups now! He would love to have something like this, now that he thought about it. Even if it was a bit flashy. Haise had figured to use the car ride to the 15th ward as a way to better examine the case file he’d been handed just earlier. Flicking the file open, he looked around at the reports and accompanying pictures of the scene. Haise had dealt with enough gruesome things to not be affected, but he still felt a bit taken aback from the sheer amount of bodies that had been photographed. All eaten, or at least partially so. What was the cause for all this? It seemed a bit extreme for one person to have stored this many bodies, let alone eaten all of them. “The preliminary testing of the kagune secretions found at the scene apparently indicate a Rinkaku. Though since it was field testing, you can’t really say it’s 100%. Though..they do also indicate it all being just one person.”

“Well judging by the mess, it has to be your guy, Hokori. But it seems odd that things would end up like this. No ghoul needs to binge eat that much in one sitting unless they were preparing for something big,” Leon added. The Mustang continued to fly down the streets at blistering speed towards their destination. They ever so briefly passed by the 20th ward on their way to the 15th ward to avoid traffic. Quickly passing in and out of view were the ruins of the Anteiku Cafe where the Owl Suppression Operation had taken place

CerpinTaxt CerpinTaxt .

"If it was him..then perhaps we should share the case files with Hirako Squad? Last I heard they'd been assigned to track him down, but have had no luck for the past few months. Though they have been rather busy with another S rate ghoul too. I just hope whoever Hokori is, they aren't in the area still...with that amount of bodies, I'm certain he's either creating or finishing a kakuja." The end of that statement had bothered Haise a little. Hirako Squad had noticed cannibalism by the ghoul named Hokori ages ago. Enough cannibalism to create a kakuja for certain. Haise was doubting his initial thoughts on the matter, his ideas of whoever it was flooded his mind, giving him a bit of a headache. Feeling his neck begin to get sore from bending it downwards for some time, Haise raised his head to relieve the pain.

That's when he spotted the ruins of the cafe. It felt familiar, as if he'd been there several times. As if many things had happened to him there. As if on cue, the rattling of the imaginary chains and cuffs began to reemerge. Expecting the voice to speak, he was surprised when it remained silent, instead an emotion that certainly wasn't his own filling him. Shame. Why was he feeling this? The more he stared at the ruins, the more he pitied just whoever he used to be. Neither of them needed to speak for them to understand that whoever Haise used to be, this was a special place to them.

Leon saw the disgruntled look on Haise's face. "It appears that he does seem to remember things from his past life," Leon thought to himself, "I can count with both my hands the number people in the world that can take down this guy if he goes rogue. And it just so happens one of them had to just had to retire." He looked at Haise briefly then back at the road. Leon then asked, "Did you know that place, Sasaki-kun?" The man did not expect a reply nor did he receive one as Haise continued to stare blankly at the road ahead. The conversation came to a halt. Leon decided to reflect on the other pieces of information Haise had mentioned. Apparently, the ghoul they were tracking was already being taken care of by another squad, so that means that either this ghoul managed to slip their watch or there had to be another ghoul of similar strength roaming around the area. A ghoul that has not yet been recorded by the CCG or another A or S class ghoul that migrated from one area to another. Leon knew then that he had to tread further with some amount of caution.

"Well we're here," Leon stated. He parked the Mustang off to the side of the road somewhere in the middle of the neighborhood. It was still the afternoon and the sun was still in high the sky however, evening was coming soon, so it was important they finished the job as quickly as they could. Leon hopped out of the car, swung around to the trunk, and popped it open.The trunk was more or less a mobile armory, housing every weapon that Leon thought he would need with everything from a few handguns to a Russian Made RPG-7. He strapped on his utility belt containing his two Wingshooter Pistols with additional magazines as well as placing Giant Killer in a third holster located at the bottom of his back. He also grabbed his body armor and his combat knife, removed his jacket, and quickly equipped himself with each item, briefly brandishing his knife by doing a couple flips before stowing it in a special slot built into the body armor. Finally, he grabbed a few cans of some sort of green oil and stowed them in their respective slots on his utility belt. Leon then slipped back into his jacket, closed the trunk of the Mustang and waited for Haise to get himself ready for the operation.

CerpinTaxt CerpinTaxt Kloudy Kloudy

Marx Hawthorne
15th Ward

0938260b2ae20123eabdc969b21c68f7--black-bear-manga-boy.jpg

"Oh, thank you. I feel so... uncoordinated today." Marx's pretend rueful smile barely showed from under the wraps, and his singularly exposed eye wrinkled slightly to show that he was trying to smile. He helped gather up his books and eventually had reformed half of his towering pile. From ghoul physiology books to criminal behaviour psychology assessments, one could also find more cultural texts such as 'The Art of War' and 'Othello', an odd mix to begin with but it spoke volumes of Marx's tastes. He ran a hand through his hair as he once again balanced the books on his hands.

"I should probably introduce myself. My name is Marx, it's a pleasure to meet you." Marx bowed his head slightly, unable to fully bend in his current state.

"The bandages are... for medical purposes. I got into an accident when I was younger. Much younger." A slight dark undertone had crept into his muffled voice as a slightly distant look came about him. Flashes of a dark place, muddles of shapes murking across a dark canvas, an overly too-bright overhead light, blood, so much blood, more shapes, more, more more more-

Marx blinked, shaking his head to get himself back into the moment. It was times like these where he lost his focus that attributed to his usual undoings. Speaking of which, it was also just the right time for his... condition to kick in. Sharply reaching forward, Marx snaked one hand behind the girl's head with a very serious expression on his face. A tense moment passed before he drew the hand back and was all smiles again.

"You had a stray hair." He internally groaned, even though he was self aware of his disorder, he still did nothing to fix it. Perhaps it was just the way it worked, he shouldn't want to fix it in the first place. Not that it mattered now, he had other things do presently.

"Heard about those recent ghoul attacks on the news? Apparently some crazy cannibal is on the loose, eating fellow scum like him off the streets. I would commend him for doing pest control, if it wasn't making him stronger." Should a supposed member of the public know how cannibalism worked with ghouls? More importantly, should he reveal that he knew? Perhaps. Marx had clearly shown his interest in ghouls with the books, it would be no surprise that he was well versed in their behavioural-to-biological patterns. Hell, maybe he should probe with that? Could invoke an interesting response.

Purity Purity

Haise stepped out from the car once it had came to a halt, using the opportunity to stretch his arms and legs. He decided to cafe out of his mind for now, even figuring he could finally answer Leon's question from when they were in the car. "Mm..I don't know the place personally. You see..I don't have any memories of the past twenty or so years. I think the old me was remembering that place, and it effected well..me? Does that make sense?" He'd have to bring up the voice with Arima again soon. But that was for later! Now he had to focus on the job at hand, and try to find whoever they were looking for! Grabbing his briefcase from the floor of the car, he hoisted up and out. He decided against unleashing the blade within for now, deciding it would best be released once they were in danger. If they were in danger.

Making his way over to the trunk of the car, Haise spotted the small armory inside, watching as the older of the two equipping himself for the job. He'd never seen such a high-ranking Investigator use firearms. Was that how they preferred confronting ghouls? "Hm..Kennedy-san. Do you not use a melee quinque like many other Investigators? It's the norm here, I had sort of assumed that branches in other nations had done the same." Haise didn't really have much to prepare, other than his mind. All he had was Yukimura, and himself. "Anyway..I'm ready when you are, Associate Special Class."

TPBx TPBx Kloudy Kloudy

Hokori
30d4d85b5713db5b367c488ee8137fb6--dark-anime-guys-hot-anime.jpg

"Disgusting."

Kypher spat a scrap of flesh from his mouth, his brow creasing as he cringed at the taste. Ghouls certainly were cretinous creatures, but they were about as offensive to his palates as human food. Not that he didn't endure it nonetheless, cannibalism was a staple part of his diet these days. Whilst his current meal was of ghoul nature, it was just some lowlife scumbag he'd picked up in an alleyway, nothing special and nothing too wealthy in rc cells.

If one looked at his file carefully, they would notice that the mysteriously infamous ghoul named 'Hokori' usually preyed exclusively on other rinkaku ghouls, or just anything with a high rc count really. Kypher didn't like to waste his time with cockroaches that would barely sate his hunger, so he sometimes needed a human to stave off the cravings. Coincidentally, his current prey had also secured one, so it was fairly hand-in-hand that Kypher had had the fortune to stumble upon them. Not that fortuitous for the ghoul, doubly less-so for the human.

Hokori was sitting atop the corner of a high-rise building, the wind breezing through his hair as he balanced upon the roof, crouched down, waiting. He didn't normally hunt during the day and he especially avoided public areas, but this contract demanded that he hit the target upon a very specific schedule. A car would be travelling through the 15th Ward soon containing two investigators and a driver. Kypher was to eliminate all three and any witnesses, or escape if either objective becomes impossible. Kypher didn't do 'impossible'.

"Time is money, money is blood. Time to make some blood money." Hokori placed his mask upon his face. It was a bandage concoction, sprayed with fake blood. He had chosen it as his mask to spite Marx, who now had to wear bandages due to his ailments. He then leaped from the edge of the building. The car he was looking for was just about to turn a corner - directly into his path. With near-perfect timing, Hokori landed on the bonnet of the car with a loud crash, crumpling the front of the car under his feet. The car now stationary, he rose from his kneeling position and gave the driver a look of contempt. The man looked scared, gutless. It was unfortunate for a civilian-minded human to be caught in such an unfortuitous situation. Kypher knew all about misfortune.

A single normal-looking rinkaku tentacle spawned from his back and lashed out, impaling the driver through the chest immediately. If whoever was sitting directly behind the man was not sharp enough, they would find themselves brutally impaled as well. Soon thereafter, a second rinkaku tentacle showed itself, ready to impale the person in the next backseat. This was taking place but a mere block away from some special investigators, who may or may not have heard the crash of the Hokori's landing. He would have to finish this quickly, or be caught by surprise.

e5a757950369b308ca43d399c66d3ee0--clown-mask-mask-making.jpg

Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving
TPBx TPBx CerpinTaxt CerpinTaxt

Nami hummed happily as thy drove down the street. One of her pistols in her lap as she stared out the window. "Hey Nami.. want to go get some ice c-" as if on que the car was slammed into and stppped dead in its tracks. Nami and her partner were dazed but for the most part ok. Then they looked up to see a very familiar ghoul standing on the hood of the car. He having slashed through the driver immediately sending Nami into action.

CRACK CRACK CRACK CRACK. Namis pistol rang out rapidly at the ghoul while her partner hopped out having just barely managed to avoid a lethal hit from the second attack though e was still injured. Once he was out Nami quickly hopped out with minirith in her hands. Running about 5 yards away from the car she then turned around a smirk on her face as she faced the ghoul. "Big mistake mister." Nami said softly as miniriths barrel shot outward to its full length then she smiled more as she pulled the trigger sending out a roar of gunfire from minirith straight at the ghoul who attacked them.

A wicked smile on the child's face as she let minirith unload hundreds of bullets at the ghoul in seconds. Meanwhile George made his way away from the car holding his side from where he was hit and turned to see Nami engage. Each round ringing out over the surrounding area like a .50 cal as she continued to suppress the ghoul knowing for sure she hit him at least once even if it was a grazing. "Enjoying the rain?!" She called out happily at the ghoul. Meanwhile George had pulled out his phone and had called the CCG HQ. "we need help now!! Agents George and Nami have been Engadged. Request immediate assistance!" He yelled into the phone.
TPBx TPBx CerpinTaxt CerpinTaxt Kloudy Kloudy

Hokori
30d4d85b5713db5b367c488ee8137fb6--dark-anime-guys-hot-anime.jpg
e5a757950369b308ca43d399c66d3ee0--clown-mask-mask-making.jpg

"Tch. Not much to eat." Kypher frowned at the small girl, more disappointed at her tiny stature than the fact that she was about to attack him. His eyes flitted about, assessing the immediate area with his enhanced ghoul perception. The driver was dead. The car was totalled. The girl's partner was injured and retreating. The girl was preparing to attack, and from the size of her disproportionate-to-her-body gun, it would be foolish to stay put.

Jumping up swiftly, Hokori lightly landed on the ground and darted out to the way of the incoming fire, showing off an impressive display of speed and agility. He was no ukaku user, but his raw power allowed him physical attributes far beyond what any human and most ghouls would normally be capable of. Glancing back at the girl as he ran, he saw the sweeping path of the gunfire as it came and ducked low, sliding under the bullets, before skidding off to the side, running up the nearby street building's wall and flipping off above the female investigator.

Hokori came to a stop behind the girl and took a moment to notice a small scratch across his neck, likely from a stray bullet that had grazed him. His expression was dull as he returned his gaze to the human, the two rinkaku kagunes menacing behind him. The scratch healed instantly, not a mark left to show for it. Hokori was less than a meter away from the girl, her quinque was clearly not accustomed to close-range combat so he had been right to ambush her in the car, then closing the distance to ensure she couldn't effectively use her weapon. It was that split second judgement and natural intuition, mixed with a little fortune, that had led to this advantageous situation. Had her quinque been an overpowering melee type, then this would have been more tricky.

"This is stupid. I know who it is when it really rains. You aren't The Rainmaker." She would understand what he meant, The Rainmaker was a fairly famous special class investigator native to the city. His particular style of fighting and his mysterious nature cause quite the storm of intrigue and controversy amongst the general public and the ghoul underworld. The Rainmaker was one of the big guns, ironically, a formally combative-centric based quinque user that did less investigating and more... purging. Not that Kypher knew of Marx's doings when he was not in his alter ego, but didn't care enough to let it bother him.

A CCG vehicle passed by the street, and it appeared to be passing through the 15th ward until a looming black figure swooped in upon it."Looks like that's our queue," Leon stated when he heard the car crash and the exchange of fire between whoever was in it and the thunderous movements of the attack. He ignored Haise's other questions and kicked into high gear. The agent pulled out one of his pistols and pulled back the hammer of his weapon. Leon made a mad dash to the corner of the block and planted himself against the wall with a large thud and waited for Haise to follow him. "Come on, we have to help them out," he commanded. Leon took up his pistol and began firing at the ghoul who had displayed his powers in full force, mostly aiming for the head to try and either decommission him or at least force the ghoul to take cover.

The girl and her partner who had just recovered from the wreck however, had already done a good amount of damage to the ghoul, forcing him to maneuver himself around the battlefield rather than just stand there and tank the damage. However, Leon realized that the ghoul was not retreating but re-positioning himself for a more advantageous attack. However the girl was more focused on spraying bullets rather than countering the movement. The agent focused his attention, time seemingly slowing for him as he lined up his sights to take out a couple of the tentacles making their way toward the young investigator. Leon fired off a couple shots, and they stayed true to their targets, hitting the tentacles and causing them to splay off into different directions away from the other pair of investigators.

Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving Kloudy Kloudy CerpinTaxt CerpinTaxt

Haise's eyes widened once he'd heard the loud crash, and not long after, the hail of gunfire. Instinctively, he released Yukimura from its briefcase, the glowing red blade coming to life in his right hand as he held it. Quickly following Leon, stood close by as the other peeked over the wall. Once the other Investigator had began opening fire, Haise quickly moved from the wall, rushing towards the S+ rank ghoul with his quinque in hand. He had to help stop this thing from killing his coworker! He just had to move..a little bit faster! "You know you're not quick enough to dodge all of the attacks he'll throw." The voice decided now was a good time to reemerge, reminding Haise of his faults as he rushed towards the ghoul.

Haise had decided to try and flank the ghoul, moving in from a different angle than Leon's gunfire. Once he was close he began to slash at the ghoul with his quinque, attempting to disable his kagune as quickly as possible to diffuse the situation. His movements were swift and precise, remembering the spar from earlier today he'd had with Arima. He always told him the same things: To lose the lag from his upper and lower bodies. As his arms maneuvered Yukimura, his lower body and legs moved in attempt to dodge or sidestep from any attacks the ghoul would make. Though, that wasn't to say a blindside attack wouldn't hit him. "Fight someone your own size!"

Kloudy Kloudy
TPBx TPBx

(Meanwhile, as Particle realizes that he's posting in the middle of an intense fight...)

19th Ward - Kaori

A light rain was beginning to fall in the 19th ward. Kaori looked up and stopped for a moment to feel the droplets on her face, eyes closed. She was standing at a playground, which was quite a distance away from her current hideout, an abandoned warehouse. It had been her hideout for the last couple of days, as there were still many boxes of random things that Kaori could use to block out the wind, which blew straight through the rusted walls, and hide herself from view.

Things had changed so much from the moment she’d stepped out of her last foster home. She’d spend her free time wandering around the more decrepit parts of the 19th ward, exploring new places and always scouting out for a more comfortable place to call home. She’d met plenty of other homeless people along the way, and sometimes they would be hostile, telling her to get off their territory and such.

Well, she had to get her food from somewhere.

Other times, she’d help the more elderly get around, keeping them company and occasionally letting them in on her secret. They’d absolutely freak out at first of course, but then some of them would understand as pain left their bodies and injuries that had been bothering them for years disappeared.

The people who’d try to turn her in were less fortunate.

“Hey girlie, whatcha’ doing on our property?”

Kaori opened her eyes and turned around. Three boys, probably all in high school, were approaching her. They had the air of typical delinquents, the kind that would steal toys from a little kid just because they could. The one in the lead had jeans and a fraying polo shirt on, and was carrying a baseball bat.

“I’m just… passing by. Sorry.” She couldn’t kill them. They were too much in the open, and prying eyes could easily sell her out.

By now the three had gotten to her. They loomed over Kaori, snickering and flicking away their cigars.

“Well, let me help you along on your way then!”

The leading boy suddenly and violently kicked Kaori, causing her to lift into the air a bit and come crashing painfully on the pavement just behind her.

Nami kept her gunfire on the ghoul as he moved. When he flipped around behind her and started to close distance she pressed a button the barrel quickly sliding in as she flung minirith on her back then as if in an instant her two pistols were in her hand both aimed at the ghouls head. "Don't underestimate me mister. I might be little but I pack one hell of a punch." She said as she let lose at him as she jumped back just in time for the other two investigators to join in her battle. Smiling happily as she unloaded her pistols at him. Landing and rolling quickly to her left she continued to shoot as she ran in a clock wise pattern at the ghoul. "Watch out for my bullets mister! I don't want to hit an ally!" She yelled to the man who had engaged in Melee. Figuring he would keep the ghoul busy just long enough she put her pistols away and pulled back out minirith. The barrel sliding out to full length once more she shouldered minirith and aimed down her sights. Aiming straight at the Ghouls body she pulled the trigger once a much louder blast coming from her gun this time, more like an artillery gun than anything and the round was much bigger. If it hit it would undoubtedly do a great amount of damage, if not it would probably just hit a building and destroy an office room or something. Then after she went to more of a mini gun fire once more. Unloading an accurate volley at the ghoul once more.
Kloudy Kloudy TPBx TPBx CerpinTaxt CerpinTaxt

15th Ward – Kuroko

“Ah, I see. I’m sorry for whatever happened back then.” Kuroko got up as well, dusting off her pants around the knee area. Ugh, I really need to get the janitor around this area. For some reason, the library had a tendency to have dust settle on any exposed surface that was undisturbed for even a short amount of time. Perhaps it was the wood the roof was built with. Kuroko really didn't like the fine, white layer covering any book, and whenever she saw dust, she'd always clean the books in question herself.

“Likewise. My name’s Kuroko, as my tag might suggest.” Kuroko straightened her nametag while she said so, noticing it was a bit off as well after cleaning up those books. She inwardly wondered what age Marx was, then blushed slightly at the thought. She couldn’t afford to get caught up in a relationship, even a long-term friendship. While she longed to live in the human society like a normal person and interact with others, there was just so many people she couldn't trust. Not to mention the last time she tried to make a friend...

But it didn’t really help that Marx chose that moment the adjust her hair. She jerked back slightly, and then stayed still he brushed off the stray hair.

“Oh, umm… thank you?” She subconsciously straightened her hair as well with slightly confused hand motions, before listening to what he said about the news. Her heart fell a bit, but it was what she expected anyway.

“Of course. After all, I live in this ward." She thought for a moment.

"I never realized that ghouls could eat other ghouls until the broadcast came out. None of the books here talk about it, and I've read pretty much every book in the library. Came as a surprise to me." Kuroko realized that sounded a bit like bragging, but it was just a fact to her.

"Anyway, I... don't quite remember what your question was. Could you repeat it for me?"

Kloudy Kloudy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back