• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Tokyo Ghoul ❀ EDEN ❀ Interest Check

Purity

Nebulous Member

The perspective of God. Perhaps no one can profess understand such an idea, and yet most people question it. Others are too caught up with the ambiguity of their daily life to care. And even others accept if for what it is, the fulcrum of their successes and the blame of their failures.

Then there are those that are cursed by God, and curse God in retaliation.

Ghouls have existed since the dawn of mankind, and yet they’ve only been publicly recognized for less than a hundredth of that time. The antithesis to man, ghouls are the predators of the predators, the true top of the food chain. Human flesh is their only source of food, everything else spoiled in taste by the RC cells that circulate through their body. Their weapon of choice, the kagune, is generated by the organ that defines them: the kakuhou, the organ of RC cells.

But humanity never conquered the world by chance. They always adapt to their environment. The CCG was created. The CCG, in collaboration with the GFG, created the quinque. The doves of the CCG decimated the population of ghouls in Tokyo, until ghouls realized that they had to stick together, or die alone.

And so, inadvertently, the CCG the underground life of Tokyo.

However, this isn’t a story about the humans. This isn’t a story about the ghouls. This is a story of those that dream, those that can set their sights on a goal and never let go.

Welcome to Eden.

2019. It's been two years since the CCG was granted more power by the government, and it's made life significantly worse for both ghouls and humans alike. They became the ever-present watchers of the city and all surrounding prefectures, suppressing ghouls and those that support them. The CCG became the de facto policing force of the nation, not only striking out against ghouls in their jurisdiction but also against humans who believe what they're doing is wrong. In their power, however, they've grown increasingly corrupt and lazy. While ghouls have completely moved out of the public eye, the dark side of Tokyo has been left completely alone. Which leads into the events within the last couple of years.

August 2nd, 2017. First public outcry, a combined protest with ghouls and humans standing together for the first time. It was exceedingly violent, and CCG enforcers even brought out quinque to use against anyone protesting. The CCG won easily, and since then, there's been no riots.

October 23rd, 2017. The birth of Leviathan. Within the turmoil of the gang warfare going on in the shadier districts of Tokyo, an organization came into fruition that began to subjugate lesser gangs one by one. It quickly swept through the underground, and started to even challenge CCG investigators.

April 17th, 2018. The CCG proposes laws indirectly stating that any negativity towards them is intolerable. There were several protests, mostly peaceful, over the following months, but the laws pass.

July 4th, 2018. Everyone is now obligated to help the CCG find and eliminate ghouls. Mandatory ghoul identification tests are given in schools, and pro-CCG propaganda is distributed/posted everywhere. The CCG begin to monitor and restrict internet usage.

September 13th, 2018. The ghoul 'Gaslight' attacks protesters rallying to prevent the installation of more CCG headquarters, which they believe will increase ghoul violence across the nation. Casualties number in the thirties. This serves as a tipping point for CCG legal action, who make it a criminal offense for humans to hold organized protests.

December 7th, 2018. Leviathan suddenly makes an attack against the 1st Ward CCG Headquarters. With several people somehow also on the inside, they successfully take control of the building and wipe out investigators, databases, paperwork, and free many ghouls from Cochlea in the process. They are then subsequently decimated by reinforcements from the surrounding wards. Security is internalized and tightened from this point on, along with the creation of a new detention center rivaling Cochlea, Operculum. Strangely enough, the CCG gives up several of their laws after the incident, and as a result monitors things much less.

January 5th, 2019. A little shop is created in the suburbs of Tokyo, a nursery for various kinds of plants, especially flowers. The shop is named Eden.

So thanks for reading through all this! Basically, the goal of this RP is to have everyone be a part of Eden, which is actually a secret organization thing that I'll get to in the IC. If there's any questions, feel free to ask below, as always!

Tokyo Ghoul ❀ Eden ❀ IC

Also, discord. :D

Tokyo Ghoul ❀ Eden
code by Purity Purity , background edited by Inconstant Inconstant

Last edited:
Very much interested. Will definitely commit unless I notice that too many roleplayers are being accepted in (like over 12) and if the pace is set faster than one post a week.

Oh shit! Speaking of which, I forgot to include some edgy music and the discord link. So here you guys go. Scroll all the way to the bottom for a discord link. ^^

Would it be alright if I joined? I've been dying to get back into a group. IRL prevented me from doing so for a while.

This sounds super interesting, I'd love to join, if you'll have me.

Would it be alright if I joined? I've been dying to get back into a group. IRL prevented me from doing so for a while.
Yep! Still open to everyone at the moment. Fair warning to all, though, it might get a bit harder to join later on.

Wait, so the RP is on discord?
Nope, it's on here. Discord is for OOC and questions. Although we'll still likely have an OOC on the site as well.

Nope, it's on here. Discord is for OOC and questions. Although we'll still likely have an OOC on the site as well.
What are the main differences, environment-wise, from world we know from tokyo ghoul and the one for this AU? As in in present time, not it's history

Users who are viewing this thread

Back