• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy To the end of the universe! (Mix borderlands with one piece)

NeonFlow

The one who made Aerth
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Wealth, fame, power. The universe had it all won by one man: the Pirate King, Platinum Bobbie. At his death, the words he spoke drove countless men out to space.
"My loot? It's yours if you want it. Find it! Bet you little bitches can't!"
And so men set sights on the Grand System, in pursuit of their dreams. The universe has truly entered a Great Pirate Era!

This story is about a crew of five space faring adventures banding together to find Platinum Bobbie's vault. Said to hold all of the pirate kings money, loot, technology hell everything he acquired in his journey to reach the ends of the universe.
============================
You might ask,
"is this a knock off of one piece?"
the answer is yes. This is one piece if it was set in the star wars/mass effect universe with a huge influence from borderlands.

You might think,
"This seems kinda dumb"
Like dumb fun maybe, but it won't be as wacky as you think. a story is in place and it requires more than having your character beat up the enemy.

"what do you mean by that?"
Its the big three ways!
Talk, stealth, Fight,
maybe I throw a puzzle or riddle in idk.

You might ask
"If its like one piece is their devil fruits? Hows that gonna work in space?"
Basically the same rules, they can't swim and are more effected by haki or in this case "space magic"

I won't answer any more hypothetical questions so ask below if you're interested or wanna know more.

Post requirements will be two paragraphs or more once a week.
I'll make a cs page once three people post "you bastard im in" to show they are keen enough to pass the lowest barrier to enter the fictional mess i have in store.

Last edited:
To help paint the picture of how this starts I'll post a little here.
ffe68baa07d8a6c63a79a48551da522a.jpgIn the rusty town of Boneus on the dusty planet of Sanvarga, a call to adventure is literally being broadcast.
-This is a message to any humanoid willing to risk their lives for a dream. If your strong enough, brave enough, smart enough, or just plain old greedy enough to venture into the dangerous unknown that all space traveling races call the Grand System then come on down to Sal's arena for your chance to earn your spot on one of the best ships in the galaxy.-

This message was broadcast over several networks and drew only the best and craziest to attend.
That is to say the best of those not in a crew and the crazies who assumed they could steal this amazing ship. Sadly these crazies died on Sanvarga, the crazies got killed by their betters and the monsters who call this hostile planet home.
For the one who sent out this challenge was a somewhat infamous man, a bounty hunter by the name of Yan Hone. Hone had spent ten years making money and connections in order to brave the Grand System but unfortunately the designated crew he had assembled had been killed in various freak accidents and murders. Such is life in Boneus...

Now Hone is stuck on a sandy little dirtball full of psychos with a expensive spaceship he doesn't know how to fly properly just one jump away from entering the Grand System for the first time. The only way to remedy that was to issue a quest!
Everyone worth their weight in parts looking to explore the Grand System would need to be able to survive getting to Sanvarga and finding the arena in Boneus. Anyone looking to join Yan would need to show why they are needed on the best ship and this journey.
Be it a pilot whose capable of understanding the complexitys of flying a spaceship...
A engineer keeping up repairs on said ship and equipment in general...
A space wizard a gunslinger a cyborg chef at this point it doesn't matter. If you impress Yan Hone with your resume or ability in the arena you got a good chance of getting in.
======================
In terms of how the rp will play its a sci fi adventure where a crew will go to various planets to gather clues that lead to Bobbie's vault. Facing aliens, crazies and the Starlight fleet on behalf of the galactic alliance wanting that loot themselves...

Im 50/50 on a soft stat system where the players make their own skill tree similar to borderlands or just having me as GM replying what works and fails from what's written.

Id be up for this, though personally not a fan of stat systems/making skill trees too much.

Hi!! This sounds amaaaaazing but yeah, gotsta say go for the 50 side of the fence that is not into the stats and skills numbers too.

But questions then:
  1. OOC in discord or RPN?
  2. How much do you need to know about the lore/canon of these games?
  3. What does this mean?! lol
You might ask
"If its like one piece is their devil fruits? Hows that gonna work in space?"
Basically the same rules, they can't swim and are more effected by haki or in this case "space magic"
Is that part of the skill trees?

Ooc on the site, maybe a discord.

Dont need to know much, basically sci fi fantasy with soft magic.

Devil fruits are from one piece, though in this rp they'd be known as alien fruits which change a person's DNA upon eating it.

It could be apart of a skill tree or stats but as said above could probably skip it completely

I suppose though if it's a space jammer type exploration the whole unable to swim may be less of an issue unless more stuff is counted as "water".

I suppose though if it's a space jammer type exploration the whole unable to swim may be less of an issue unless more stuff is counted as "water".
Haki would be much like "the force" which is effective on fruit eaters but enough water is in the universe that its a problem.

Ah ok, so nothing like Dark Matter, etc. Though I suppose it could be fluids in general.

Ah ok, so nothing like Dark Matter, etc. Though I suppose it could be fluids in general.
Heavy rain, most liquid in general will weaken a fruit user.

Guessing Everyone who would join this is against stats as they imagine alot of numbers an such but Its more of a scissors paper rock sort of deal...

Speed > skill > power > speed > skill

The player determines if their character is one of the three or a well rounded sort.
For example Bob has points in Skill so his martial arts would defeat most proper enemies using brute strength or "power".

But if the enemy was faster their "speed" would trump Bob despite the high skill.

The system would involve combat in any form so projectiles, fruits, magic, fisticuffs etc

Last edited:
I was searching for something else of mine to reboot and found this aha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back